• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 237925
Just a quick, unfinished doodled thingy I wanted to do to relax.

xD I know I should do the tagging, but since I am not sure this will appeal to everyone that asked for the tag whenever I upload something, I will just post it.
I’d love to be tagged for future art. :)

Also, this looks great!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Today I learned that biological females can't have thick eye brows or speak in painful high pitched voices.

I don't mind headcanons nor trans representation, but people going around spreading headcanons and fan theories as fact is actually a huge pet peeve of mine.

It also bothers me a little that a lot of these headcanons like these are often based off assumptions about both straight or cis people and gay or trans folk, but let's not get into that since it could get messy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Today I learned that biological females can't have thick eye brows or speak in painful high pitched voices.

I don't mind headcanons nor trans representation, but people going around spreading headcanons and fan theories as fact is actually a huge pet peeve of mine.

It also bothers me a little that a lot of these headcanons like these are often based off assumptions about both straight or cis people and gay or trans folk, but let's not get into that since it could get messy.
This is the same game that goes "Petra and Dorothea lived happily ever after, with Petra loving no person in the world more than Dorothea" while going "Petra is straight" so it's not like we can trust the canon either

D

Deleted member

Guys.

There is a Freddy Fazbear snapchat filter.

And it’s OFFICIAL.

That’s actually kind of hilarious.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
This is the same game that goes "Petra and Dorothea lived happily ever after, with Petra loving no person in the world more than Dorothea" while going "Petra is straight" so it's not like we can trust the canon either
Chief, there's nothing to say that Mercedes is trans. Keep in mind that she has one of the biggest busts in the game and a crest that her adoptive father was desperate to profit off of.
And some of the A support endings for characters are just intense life-long friendships. It seems like a general thing that if they cant same-sex S rank with byleth then they're straight.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It's Mercedes. Stupidly high voice, thick *** eye brows and sideburns are what give it away
Are you really trying to imply she's a barely passing trans? Idk why, but that seems kind of yikes to me. Mercedes doesn't look masculine at all.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya this whole thing's pretty yikes.

Thick eyebrows are just a style in anime, that has literally nothing to do with someone being trans or not. K-On has Mugi, Granblue's got several girls with big 'glob' eyebrows, etc.

I...don't think this is it, chief.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Smh y'all really getting mad about not explicitly undeniable canon in the game with Petra, Shamir, Catherine, Manuela, Caspar and possibly more have "They never married but had one super best friend who they lived with for the rest of their lives and had an incredibly close bond WHICH IS TOTALLY NOT GAY" despite having canonical LGBT characters, who are paired with half of these lmao

Shroob

Sup?
Smh y'all really getting mad about not explicitly undeniable canon in the game with Petra, Shamir, Catherine, Manuela, Caspar and possibly more have "They never married but had one super best friend who they lived with for the rest of their lives and had an incredibly close bond WHICH IS TOTALLY NOT GAY" despite having canonical LGBT characters, who are paired with half of these lmao
I don't think anyone would care if she's trans or not.

But if hair is all that exists as 'proof', then that's not really good enough proof.

Because, high pitched voice and globbrows could just as easily be taken to mean that they want the character to be 'moe' or something.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Again I will state that if they can't s-support with the same-sex byleth then it seems that they aren't bisexual.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't think anyone would care if she's trans or not.

But if hair is all that exists as 'proof', then that's not really good enough proof.

Because, high pitched voice and globbrows could just as easily be taken to mean that they want the character to be 'moe' or something.
I listed sideburns too ya know. And again, the game is already very "We don't want to acknowledge these characaters are LGBT, we merely want to imply it" so it really isn't a big deal for all y'all to get upset about lmao

Shroob

Sup?
I listed sideburns too ya know. And again, the game is already very "We don't want to acknowledge these characaters are LGBT, we merely want to imply it" so it really isn't a big deal for all y'all to get upset about lmao
Gwen, why are you assuming people are upset at all?

This screams super defensive.

Just because people really...don't see the same as you doesn't mean anyone's 'upset', it's more that 'no, these design choices do not immediately scream 'trans character' to us.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
There are females with sideburns though. The game spells out when characters are in love/married.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
You're kind of implying that trans women seem more masculine than other women and have a fake voice, that they can be easily distinguished. That's what bothers me, not to mention that Mercedes doesn't even seem masculine. I'm totally fine with gay readings of characters like Felix.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Part of what bothers me about this is how disrespectful it would be to say things like this about real people in real life.

"That girl has sideburns and acts super feminine! She's trans and she's just hiding it!"

"That guy got upset when someone called him a 'girl' as an insult! He must be trans!"

"That guy is a little girly in some ways, he must be gay!" (Oh wait, that one is a very common stereotype.)

I know they're fictional characters and it doesn't really matter, but it still bothers me.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Ahh, what a day of work"
now let's see... oh frick.gif

"Now let's see what's happening here"

"If someone had started yet another weird debate, I'm going to...birth a cactus, out of my [DATA EXPURGED]"

Oh

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No one is mad. No one is upset. I have no idea why you are saying that. As Shroob said, it just comes off as incredibly defensive. Literally all we said is that you shouldn’t present your headcanons as facts.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And again....two of the three presented 'facts' are common anime tropes.

Gumdrop eyebrows are just... a thing that exists, see Mugi from K-On for example.

And.... high pitched voice?..... Like, most anime girls have?

Like, to 'me' personally, Mercedes design screams:

"Frail and cute".

Hell, people were soo sure she was going to be killed off before the game came out or before the plot leaks because she has:

"Dead mom anime hair"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hell, people were soo sure she was going to be killed off before the game came out or before the plot leaks because she has:

"Dead mom anime hair"
Mercedes got self-aware of her dead mom anime hair and that's why she got a new haircut after the timeskip.

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY, A SMASHBOARDS THEORY! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I have no problem entertaining the idea it's possible, even if i don't personally agree that it's true.

But when the 'facts' are easily counterable and the response is "Well you're just mad lmao", that's where the breakdown of communication is had. One person has already decided that they're the correct one and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

And at that point, why even have a discussion if it's just going to be one sided?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But when the 'facts' are easily counterable and the response is "Well you're just mad lmao", that's where the breakdown of communication is had. One person has already decided that they're the correct one and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
Well, you certainly worded it better than I ever could’ve.

D

Deleted member

Now we’re not even arguing, we’re just making jokes about how we were arguing lol

D

Deleted member

It's Mercedes. Stupidly high voice, thick *** eye brows and sideburns are what give it away
I've never met a girl with as high a voice as Mercedes, but I sure as Hell never met a guy who could reach that voice either.

People can have best friends without dating them. It's like how a mom would die for their children. It's not because they have incestuous thoughts, but it's because they genuinely care for this person. I would sure as Hell take a bullet for someone I respect, man or otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just finished with my first day on the gym!!!

It was pretty fun, and I think I could have done even more excersices if the session didn't finish!

I feel that by the end of the year I will have an even cooler body musculature!

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I just thought about something: The amount of FUN I have with a game doesn't always equate to how much I ENJOY the game overall. Like, take Mario & Sonic London 2012 for example. I've had loads of fun with it (I'd even say it's the most fun I've had with a Non-Smash Game). But I still think Mario Odyssey is a better game overall. Then take Pikmin 2. I didn't have very much fun with it at all, but I still think it's an amazing game nonetheless.
Just a thought lol

D

Deleted member

I legit could still walk back home on foot if my parents didn't deny me from doing so right now.

D

Deleted member

I listed sideburns too ya know.
Not to drag this on but...

I also met two cis women who have a "condition" (as they put it) that allows facial hair to grow, like a mustache. I would easily get angry if someone assumed they were guys or trans because of it (because it would offend them), so this sort of logic annoys me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Then take Pikmin 2. I didn't have very much fun with it at all, but I still think it's an amazing game nonetheless.
Just a thought lol
As someone who adores Pikmin 2, I can safely say it's not a game you're meant to have fun with

**** like the Submerged Castle is proof the game was created by sadists, and I ****ing love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom