• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cough Meowscarada Cough

But we did this song and dance yesterday.
We did the song and dance yesterday yes, so whats with the coughing and everything. You know it's not and you know I don't find your only argument convincing.
Yep. However, those inappropriate tweets (which included politically sexual stuff and mocking dead people, aka the usual Twitter tweets to cost you a job) were enough for Nickelodeon to apologize for his actions. What made it worse was that Nick, using the TMNT Twitter account, was trying to promote the main casts accounts…and didn’t check what each actor would tweet beforehand. It was unfortunate since he did amazing as Leo for the time spent doing so.

Bright side to it all is that being fired from TMNT allowed for him to get sober and fix up his life.
Good for him then I guess. If he's cleaned up his act I think he can do a tiny cameo in a movie among literally every other turtle actor.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good for him then I guess. If he's cleaned up his act I think he can do a tiny cameo in a movie among literally every other turtle actor.
It’s possible, tho only if Nick has moved on (would especially be funny if they have the 3 2012 Leos actors interacting with one another in some sort of way)

osby

Smash Obsessed
oh. ouch. i have been so owned.
So, uh. Do you think any beginner Pokemon is feminine enough unless based explicitly on a female figure such as witches or mermaids? Like, do you believe Meganium is feminine?

Because the words masculine and feminine aren't as straightforward and objective as you think.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, uh. Do you think any beginner Pokemon is feminine enough unless based explicitly on a female figure such as witches or mermaids? Like, do you believe Meganium is feminine?

Because the words masculine and feminine aren't as straightforward and objective as you think.
I had never thought to think of the gen 2 starters in that way before because there is a 0% chance i'll ever play a Johto game because of how old they all are (even the remakes, random encounters, yuck) but yeah... I think Meganium fits my criteria fine.

Shroob

Sup?
We did the song and dance yesterday yes, so whats with the coughing and everything. You know it's not
I mean, I don't.

I look at Meowscarada and see a much more feminine design than masculine.

Is a lot of that due to furry stereotypes and whatnot? Sure

But like, Gardevoir, Lopunny and Mawile are all 50/50 Male to Female ratio, and I'd wager people consider them all feminine too just based off appearance and not what they're based off of.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since we're inexplicably on the subject, and because I like analyzing Pokémon to ridiculous degrees, I just think it's funny how positive the fanbase was on this.

The pattern was supposedly one cool starter (Greninja, Decidueye) one buff starter (Chesnaught, Incineroar) and one ladylike starter (Delphox, Primarina). It happened twice in a row, and so we were sure this was some new starter design mandate that would carry on to gen 8 and beyond. So clearly Sobble's gonna hit the roids, Grookey's gonna shop at Claire's, and Scorbunny's gonna take a class from Dante (from the Devil May Cry Series.)

But now that we were obviously proven wrong, I think it was just a thing for the 3DS era of Pokémon. And, more importantly, the Pokémon fanbase is very stupid when it comes to patterns.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

Shroob

Sup?
1677734824723.png

I don't like this visual storytelling....

Anyway, something interesting to note:

With the leaked list of Pokemon coming from Home Transfers and via the DLC, these are the only Pokemon to not be available in any current Switch Pokemon game

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Patrat
Watchog
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Furfrou

Noipoi

Howdy!
With the leaked list of Pokemon coming from Home Transfers and via the DLC, these are the only Pokemon to not be available in any current Switch Pokemon game

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Patrat
Watchog
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Furfrou
So, I personally think it's too early for B/W remakes. However, I feel like some sort of Unova project may be in the works just to get these last few Pokemon on the Switch. Perhaps a Legends Kyurem?

Though at that point, the only Pokemon missing would be Furfrou. So uhhh screw Fifi I guess :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?
So, I personally think it's too early for B/W remakes. However, I feel like some sort of Unova project may be in the works just to get these last few Pokemon on the Switch. Perhaps a Legends Kyurem?

Though at that point, the only Pokemon missing would be Furfrou. So uhhh screw Fifi I guess :drshrug:
Oshawott be like

"Later losers, Hisui/Paldea are calling me."

Shroob

Sup?
I'm seeing a lot of people upset about the lack of Snivy. More than I thought there would be.

No love for Tepig tho :239:
Is a bit ****ed up that Oshawott will be the only starter in Paldea seemingly without a Pokedex entry but... I mean, better to be in the game than not in at all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since we're inexplicably on the subject, and because I like analyzing Pokémon to ridiculous degrees, I just think it's funny how positive the fanbase was on this.

The pattern was supposedly one cool starter (Greninja, Decidueye) one buff starter (Chesnaught, Incineroar) and one ladylike starter (Delphox, Primarina). It happened twice in a row, and so we were sure this was some new starter design mandate that would carry on to gen 8 and beyond. So clearly Sobble's gonna hit the roids, Grookey's gonna shop at Claire's, and Scorbunny's gonna take a class from Dante (from the Devil May Cry Series.)

But now that we were obviously proven wrong, I think it was just a thing for the 3DS era of Pokémon. And, more importantly, the Pokémon fanbase is very stupid when it comes to patterns.

I liked it and miss it. If I could go back in time and change things… I’d change a lot, but this would be one thing I’d change.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I tried my hand at that favorite Pokemon of each gen thing... but the file is too large for Smashboards.

RIP

Shroob

Sup?
"Man, it's going to take half a month just to finish this Vivillion Dex thing."

"Wait, other players can see the ones you currently have from Pokemon GO if they're in a group with you?"

"....and I currently have access to the rarest pattern..."

1677741754411.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"Man, it's going to take half a month just to finish this Vivillion Dex thing."

"Wait, other players can see the ones you currently have from Pokemon GO if they're in a group with you?"

"....and I currently have access to the rarest pattern..."

View attachment 368866
Is there a reward for getting them all in Go?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Being around for Smash speculation, going to say that it's not just the Pokemon fanbase being stupid for patterns.

Two things is not enough to claim a pattern.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Remember how the fanbase imploded when Fuecoco was revealed and people were inhaling copium thinking it might actually be a horse or a cow or whatever?

Fun times

Also Fuecoco is the best Fire starter we've had in generations

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Remember how the fanbase imploded when Fuecoco was revealed and people were inhaling copium thinking it might actually be a horse or a cow or whatever?
I have never seen a single person think Fuecoco might be a horse or a cow.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Fun times

Also Fuecoco is the best Fire starter we've had in generations
Wrong series

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Saw some Pokemon starter talk, so here's a thing ig
Starters per gen, ranked by how much I dig em

--

Kanto:
1. Squirtle
2. Charmander
3. Bulbasaur

--

Johto:
1. Chikorita
2. Totodile
3. Cyndaquil

--

Hoenn:

1. Treecko
2. Torchic
3. Mudkip

--

Sinnoh:

1. Piplup
2. Chimchar
3. Turtwig

--

Unova:

1. Snivy
2. Tepig
3. Oshawott

--

Kalos:
1. Fennekin
2. Froakie
3. Chespin

--

Alola:
1. Litten
2. Popplio
3. Rowlet

--

Galar:
1. Sobble
2. Scorbunny
3. Grookey

--

Hisui:
1. Cyndaquil
2. Oshawott
3. Rowlet again…lol

--

Paldea:
1. Fuecoco
2. Sprigatito
3. Quaxly

--

Though make no mistake, I like most of them. Johto Cyndaquil is the only line I have genuinely “ehhh” feelings on, and even then I really dig Quilava at least (flaming Sonic the Hedgehog yo :088:)

Shroob

Sup?
One nice thing about the whole sending Postcards to hunt Vivillion is that even if you couldn't care less about hunting the Vivillion patterns, you get 50 free Gimmighoul coins a day.

Considering I rarely ever see Chest Formes spawn, and I want both a Timid and Modest Gholdengo, that's a blessing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No idea, I'm hunting them in Scarlet though.
I should have paid more attention to the postcard stuff. Didn't realise it was already there.

With Home support coming, you could always try the GTS to get any you're missing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have never seen a single person think Fuecoco might be a horse or a cow.
That was definitely a thing

Saw some Pokemon starter talk, so here's a thing ig
Starters per gen, ranked by how much I dig em

--

Kanto:
1. Squirtle
2. Charmander
3. Bulbasaur

--

Johto:
1. Chikorita
2. Totodile
3. Cyndaquil

--

Hoenn:

1. Treecko
2. Torchic
3. Mudkip

--

Sinnoh:

1. Piplup
2. Chimchar
3. Turtwig

--

Unova:

1. Snivy
2. Tepig
3. Oshawott

--

Kalos:
1. Fennekin
2. Froakie
3. Chespin

--

Alola:
1. Litten
2. Popplio
3. Rowlet

--

Galar:
1. Sobble
2. Scorbunny
3. Grookey

--

Hisui:
1. Cyndaquil
2. Oshawott
3. Rowlet again…lol

--

Paldea:
1. Fuecoco
2. Sprigatito
3. Quaxly

--

Though make no mistake, I like most of them. Johto Cyndaquil is the only line I have genuinely “ehhh” feelings on, and even then I really dig Quilava at least (flaming Sonic the Hedgehog yo :088:)
For me:
Venusaur>>Blastoise>Charizard
Feraligatr>Typhlosion>>Meganium
Swampert>Sceptile=Blaziken
Infernape>Torterra>Empoleon
Samurott>>Serperior>>Emboar
Greninja>>>>>>>Delphox=Chesnaught
Decidueye>Primarina>>>>>>>>>>>>Incineroar
Rillaboom>>>>Cinderace>>>>>>>>>Inteleon
Skeledirge>>Meowscarada=Quaquaval

I mostly care about the final stage tbh. I like Scorbunny the most out of the Galar base forms and I think Litten is adorable (thanks to me being a massive cat person), but the final evolutions are the real deciding factor

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I should have paid more attention to the postcard stuff. Didn't realise it was already there.

With Home support coming, you could always try the GTS to get any you're missing.
Honestly, the fact I have all the Postcards, and there's a dedicated subreddit for hunting them, makes this suuuuuper easy.

I posted I have the one from the Middle East in my game and knocked out 10/18 in an hour.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I never saw horse, but I did see a decent number of fanarts turning it into a minotaur/crocodile type thing.

Because male crocodiles are known as bulls. Therefore it totally has to be the bull on the Chinese Zodiac.

Totally.
It might have been a meme but I've definitely seen people call Fuecoco a horse.

Copium is fun

Noipoi

Howdy!
It might have been a meme but I've definitely seen people call Fuecoco a horse.

Copium is fun
I won't deny that the Zodiac therory seemed to be going strong for years, even if Fennekin threw a tiny wrench into the idea. But now it's solidly dead, and people need to let it go.

If anything this is a good thing. Fire starters can be anything now!

I'm hoping for a bat :nifty:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
male crocodiles are known as bulls.
That also applies to a ton of other animals like every bovine, camels, elephants and even whales.

The whole theory hinges on "fire mouse" on a baby porcupine pokemon meant a rat, and that a fox could count as a dog.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I won't deny that the Zodiac therory seemed to be going strong for years, even if Fennekin threw a tiny wrench into the idea. But now it's solidly dead, and people need to let it go.

If anything this is a good thing. Fire starters can be anything now!

I'm hoping for a bat :nifty:
My fake Fire starter is a snake but tbh I'm glad it can be whatever people want it to be. A bat would be cool, it's been a hot minute since we had a new bat Pokémon

Top Bottom