• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He responded.

I'm not linking it because it was so much bull**** BUT he admitted the DMs were real and that SnapChat was also real, but the grooming was fake because they were 18(?).

**** that guy actually.

Also: He's taking legal action. Victim 2 had enough and is also taking legal action. Insane ****, but I back her all the way
Dude really just went from "Can't believe people would try to smother my good name like this" to "Yeah okay maybe those DMs were real" huh? :skull:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp, have to watch S5 and what is currently out of S6 of My Hero Academia because-
1665840677587.png

Here are my thoughts on the cast so far-

Deku - He's a protagonist alright
All Might - Based
Hawks - Based and voiced by a VA I really like
Mirko - Probably based but I need to see more of you in action
Bakugo - Annoying
Mineta - Die
Everyone else - I don't care all too much

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Welp, have to watch S5 and what is currently out of S6 of My Hero Academia because-
View attachment 362274
Here are my thoughts on the cast so far-

Deku - He's a protagonist alright
All Might - Based
Hawks - Based and voiced by a VA I really like
Mirko - Probably based but I need to see more of you in action
Bakugo - Annoying
Mineta - Die
Everyone else - I don't care all too much
You should also read the manga too, S5 cut some stuff out of the manga

Jondolio

Smash Hero
MHA was my first non-Pokemon anime that I actually watched. I enjoy it, not my favorite anymore but still enjoyable. I don't really like the fans tho...
Twas my first too, and I'm glad I watched it because without it I probably wouldn't have broadened my anime and manga horizons. So it brings me no joy to say it's past its peak

Also yeah the fans are awful

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I stopped following MHA after the manga equivalent of season 5. The series really lost momentum
the current final arc (maybe…I think) after all the **** that went down early on that season 6 is showcasing has been doing quite well, so there’s a good bit of momentum

Jondolio

Smash Hero

the current final arc (maybe…I think) after all the **** that went down early on that season 6 is showcasing has been doing quite well, so there’s a good bit of momentum
I'm probably gonna finish it eventually when I'm really bored and have nothing else to watch or read

This is very unlikely to happen anytime soon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They got Jennifer Hale, a more expensive VA, and had the nerve to say that schedule conflicts were the issue

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They got Jennifer Hale, a more expensive VA, and had the nerve to say that schedule conflicts were the issue
My enjoyment for Bayonetta 3 went from 100 to 0 real quick.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wouldn't be shocked if Hale was able to eat the poor pay because she has far more well paying roles recently like Rivet in Ratchet and Clank, Kronika in MK11 and Maria Hill in Avengers. It's that or they decided to pay her more which is just an insult to Hellena Taylor and shows how much little they actually value her
And bear in mind that there's multiple Bayonettas in the game too.
$4k for multiple, very talkative characters across a game in a series where entries tend to be around 10 or so hours on a single playthrough is awful.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Top 10 lies:
1665848415365.png

Miraculous Ladybug, Mob Psycho, Bayonetta 3, it goes ON AND ON AND ON-

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Jesus christ, only 4000 bucks for a probably double digit hour game

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I wasn't going to get the game at launch anyway since I need to play the first two before I decide whether I want to get it or not and I probably still will get it if I enjoy the first two regardless, if only because I know it probably won't put a dent on the game's actual performance, but this still sucks. I hope Taylor gets roles with better pay in the future

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
By the way, one thing I want to make clear is that Jennifer Hale likely had no clue Hellena Taylor was being underpaid. Might've not even known that the Bayonetta audition side was for a recast, at that. So don't put the crossfire on her-

Companies try to keep this sort of stuff a secret from actors, I've seen it happen before, haha.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Between Nintendo, Sega, and Platinum, they couldn't afford to pay her more? smh

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I wasn't going to get the game at launch anyway since I need to play the first two before I decide whether I want to get it or not and I probably still will get it if I enjoy the first two regardless, if only because I know it probably won't put a dent on the game's actual performance, but this still sucks. I hope Taylor gets roles with better pay in the future
Actually after watching Taylor's videos, I've been convinced to not buy the game for a very long time.

Once again wasn't going to do it right away, but this situation is actually disgusting and I hope it bites PlatinumGames in the ass

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually after watching Taylor's videos, I've been convinced to not buy the game for a very long time.

Once again wasn't going to do it right away, but this situation is actually disgusting and I hope it bites PlatinumGames in the ass
Platinum is already in financial trouble it Bayo3 flops then well...

Update: Oh **** off

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's extremely disappointing. I was fine with replacing her due to artistic/logistic reasons but there's no excuse for paying one of the artists who was a big part of realizing the face of the franchise so little.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Platinum put more money into Babylon's Fall than Hellena Taylor
What's Babylon's Fall again?
Platinum is already in financial trouble it Bayo3 flops then well...

Update: Oh **** off
You know I never liked the way Kamiya conducted himself on social media but I at least respected him somewhat, that respect is gone now

Top Bottom