• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So y'all ever get hella anxiety over the future?

Well, I kinda wanna be a bit open here: I'm like graduating very soon and idk anxiety has been at an all time high. Idk I been like a metronome, feeling like I'm destined for great things and then swing back to the idea that I'm gonna be a utter failure. It's weird, and I try to keep myself grounded and optimistic. I really don't know how to feel about leaving college, don't quite got an internship nor a job lined up, couldn't secure a job over the summer and pressure's been getting to me this year. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think I'm ready for this ** yet, which sounds obvious because I'm 20, but you know, in my culture (and I'm pretty sure other Afro-Americans can attest to), we're kinda expected to immediately have everything figured out by the time we turn 21 or else... it sucks. And idk, maybe I shouldn't stress about this **, but idk what's in store for me. I'm scared, I don't feel ready to move on, but I know what's necessary for me even if it makes me uncomfortable.

I know this ain't the place to say this, but idk I just wanted to get it out and off my mind for a bit. Hope y'all are having a good morning.
I'm sorry you feel like you need to figure things out now. Getting a job might be tough, but if you manage to get one you like, it'll be a big step. Personally, as a 21 year old, I allow myself to take things slow and not worry about the future too much.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wouldn't go that far, as while they're days where I feel so low where I don't see much of a point, I wanna see this life **** play out first. If not for me, then at least for the sake of those around me. I just couldn't imagine...
Happy you feel like that but im at the point of "does it matter if making other people happy doesnt make me happy in the slightest
JPEG_20180524_233424.jpg
"

Bless you, tho

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So y'all ever get hella anxiety over the future?

Well, I kinda wanna be a bit open here: I'm like graduating very soon and idk anxiety has been at an all time high. Idk I been like a metronome, feeling like I'm destined for great things and then swing back to the idea that I'm gonna be a utter failure. It's weird, and I try to keep myself grounded and optimistic. I really don't know how to feel about leaving college, don't quite got an internship nor a job lined up, couldn't secure a job over the summer and pressure's been getting to me this year. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think I'm ready for this ** yet, which sounds obvious because I'm 20, but you know, in my culture (and I'm pretty sure other Afro-Americans can attest to), we're kinda expected to immediately have everything figured out by the time we turn 21 or else... it sucks. And idk, maybe I shouldn't stress about this **, but idk what's in store for me. I'm scared, I don't feel ready to move on, but I know what's necessary for me even if it makes me uncomfortable.

I know this ain't the place to say this, but idk I just wanted to get it out and off my mind for a bit. Hope y'all are having a good morning.
Bro I’m there like all the time.

We’ll figure it out man

I hope

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wonder… is wiglett on of those paradox forms the leaks have been talking about
If you wanna know…

No.

Wiglett is it’s own separate species, not related to Diglett at all.

They look similar because of the concept known as convergent evolution, where completely different creatures fill the same biological niche. Evolving similar traits in the process.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you wanna know…

No.

Wiglett is it’s own separate species, not related to Diglett at all.

They look similar because of the concept known as convergent evolution, where completely different creatures fill the same biological niche. Evolving similar traits in the process.
Related, but I legit love that Pokemon is using more biological terms when it comes to making alt forms or in this case, a new mon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I so wish this tweet was real
View attachment 361475

Gotta be honest, I make a lot of jokes against white people on this site since I joined but this was the first time someone actually got annoyed with them.
As long as I can make this joke, then white people jokes are still funny.

Anyway pokemon if they had to name the black version of this:
189C8AE5-BDCB-40E6-A55C-C4E056FFD6B5.png

Makes me think of those if blank was the hood memes( like the Winnie the Pooh one)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aside from the ***lett joke your attempting I genuinelly have no idea what you're trying to say
That was the joke. I would post one of the hood memes but there not much purpose to that.

More importantly, why the hell did they drop this at 5 in the morning.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How we going from a big W yesterday to such a big L:

If this is true, I’m not sure even changing directors would work. But they may at least help inspire a better vision if Feige can’t be to involved.

D

Deleted member

I gotta be honest dog, you have more of an issue with me, a black giy, saying that slurs against my oppressors are based than you do with the white guy being the only one to say that Wiglett sounds like a slur which could mean anything.

Like if you wanna he mad then fine but I'm sorry your priorities sound kinda wack
My priorities are wack because I don't think those kind of statements belong here? Because I don't find borderline racist jokes funny? You were the one calling it "based" because it sounds like a slur against white people and at that point the whole "could mean anything" doesn't hold water anymore. And the whole "it's just a joke" thing is such a slippery slope arguement as I already said and it's amazing how often I've been seeing those "jokes" here in particular with no one, not even mods, saying anything. It's inconsistent.

If this is the kind of atmosphere the mods are fine with and want to cultivate, despite rules being a thing, then fine, but at this point it's no community I wanna be part of. I joined Smashboards, not twitter or 4chan.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My priorities are wack because I don't think those kind of statements belong here? Because I don't find borderline racist jokes funny? You were the one calling it "based" because it sounds like a slur against white people and at that point the whole "could mean anything" doesn't hold water anymore. And the whole "it's just a joke" thing is such a slippery slope arguement as I already said and it's amazing how often I've been seeing those "jokes" here in particular with no one, not even mods, saying anything. It's inconsistent.

If this is the kind of atmosphere the mods are fine with and want to cultivate, despite rules being a thing, then fine, but at this point it's no community I wanna be part of. I joined Smashboards, not twitter or 4chan.
I'm over this convo, I gotta be honest, you should probably just put me on your ignore list cause I really don't care anymore tbh.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How we going from a big W yesterday to such a big L:

If this is true, I’m not sure even changing directors would work. But they may at least help inspire a better vision if Feige can’t be to involved.
Aw man

That was one of the MCU projects I was actually excited for... Guess that's the end of that

Yo comic book nerds, what's a good place to start reading Blade?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Kevin Fiege being spread too think via Marvel is interesting because that's what happens you announce and work on 1 million projects at the same time.

That **** is not sustainable no matter how big your company is

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you enjoyed it because it took me almost 2 years to catch up with the series as someone who loves it to death
It was ok.

And then it got interesting

Then Water 7 happened.

Then I got to Wano where I ****ing screamed out of excitement

AND NOW WE'RE AT [REDACTED] BEING REAL.

Also I made a fighting game roster for One Piece FighterZ lmao

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aw man

That was one of the MCU projects I was actually excited for... Guess that's the end of that

Yo comic book nerds, what's a good place to start reading Blade?
They still have time to fix it up, but it won’t be an easy undertaking. Right now if Werewolf by night is as good as they say, I hope they get the directors from that to help take over since Valdez is gone.
He might be able to at least salvage some of the vision.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, anyone else picking up a physical copy of Bayonetta on the Switch?

I already have the digital version that came with Bayo 2 but it'll be nice to have all three games on my shelf. Most likely going to run through both it and the second game again before the new one drops as it's been ages since I've touched them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It was ok.

And then it got interesting

Then Water 7 happened.

Then I got to Wano where I ****ing screamed out of excitement

AND NOW WE'RE AT [REDACTED] BEING REAL.

Also I made a fighting game roster for One Piece FighterZ lmao
Ooooh do share!
They still have time to fix it up, but it won’t be an easy undertaking. Right now if Werewolf by night is as good as they say, I hope they get the directors from that to help take over since Valdez is gone.
He might be able to at least salvage some of the vision.
Don't have much faith in Disney at this point tbh. They can afford to make mediocre products as long as it makes them money.

At least the OG Blade trilogy releases on Netflix in my country soon so I can experience the character through that

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do you think Wiglett will be fully covered (on Pokémon's YouTube, social media accounts, and official website) by the end of the week?

Top Bottom