• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Since that was clearly just the standard August Pokemon Presents I wonder if Nintendo has anything else this month or if it is just Pokemon and The Nintendo Museum Direct.

Every month between now and whenever the Switch 2 gets announced is gonna feel like they are trying to kill time a little bit tbh. I know this was probably meticulously planned out, but the thought that they have no idea when anything is happening and they have to put **** together really fast is funny.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since that was clearly just the standard August Pokemon Presents I wonder if Nintendo has anything else this month or if it is just Pokemon and The Nintendo Museum Direct.

Every month between now and whenever the Switch 2 gets announced is gonna feel like they are trying to kill time a little bit tbh. I know this was probably meticulously planned out, but the thought that they have no idea when anything is happening and they have to put **** together really fast is funny.
Well for the next three months we do have games coming out. Echoes of Wisdom, Mario Party Jamboree, and Brothership. A decent trailer for each of those could fill the gaps a little bit.

And of course once we hit the fall there could be a Switch 2 reveal at any time, assuming they follow a similar release schedule as last time.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
With the recent news about the One Piece remake I started wondering if they'll cast new voice actors for the characters. The old voice actors may be iconic but they're also pretty old and there's a big emphasis on younger talent at least with the animation staff so it would just make sense to cast new voice actors.

For those wondering, Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy's voice actress) is nearly 70 years old so I would be very surprised if they had her voice him again for the remake

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Lmao no Z-A news at all, we really aren't seeing anything about this game until next year.

Good.

Anyway-

Day 28: Espurr

This little baby kitten is in constant pain as it struggles to contain it's apocalyptic power. Kinda feel bad for it.
I remember way way way back in the early Kalos days, Espurr became a meme due to its constant, unchanging s t a r e. Everyone acted like the poor cat was always having war flashbacks.

I mean, I don't blame them. Look at that face. That's a face that says "I've seen things...horrible things."

If I catch an Espurr for my team, I always catch a male one, though the reason why will come once we get to its evolution.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just thought about this, but for a group of people who travel out in the bright sun and tropical environments all day everyday, you would think they would be a lot more tan/darker. Tbh Toei got it right pre-timeskip and then idk the sun works in reverse now.
Most of the concept images we've seen look very light coloured. Reminds me of the early manga colourings, though the concepts look lighter, maybe due to how the colouring is done there versus the manga.

Based on what we're seeing though, I'm expecting the manga colours and not Toei's pre-timeskip colours for characters. So like, people are going to be asking why Robin is white earlier.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, I've been cooking up some art lately, so you can expect most for the rest of the month and like half of September. Original art, fanart, the whole shebang. I gotta admit, it was slow going cause it was hot as hell for most of the Summer, but I locked in and got to it.

First things first, I drew Steel Specter again cause I wanted to do some original art again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There are a number of games that I'm looking forward to but news on them all have been radio silence for months.

Just give me something plz.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Jujutsu Kaisen apparently ends in 5 chapters. September 30 is the marked end date.

Also Hunter x Hunter is coming back

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jujutsu Kaisen apparently ends in 5 chapters. September 30 is the marked end date.

Also Hunter x Hunter is coming back
Yeah Gege saw that Horikoshi was ending MHA and was like "Yeah this dude is spittin!" Crazy to think that two major Jump series for a generation are ending. Meanwhile One Piece outlived Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Sandland, Golden Wind - JoJolion, MHA, JJK, Reborn, Toriko and a whole lot more.

Glad Hunter X Hunter is coming back for a bit. I know Togashi has major health problems, so I hope he's pacing himself well, I'm guessing he'll do about 10 chapters so they can have a volume to release, I believe that's what he's done before. Or that, if possible, he'll have assistants helping as much as they can.

I imagine Jump is gonna try and find their next big series for a while Kagurabashi started out with Ironic popularity, but has gone legit, and Chainsawman is still kicking for the moment. Sakomoto Days is too, and I hear that the Rakugo manga is doing well.

Can't imagine how it'll go once Oda finished One Piece.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah Gege saw that Horikoshi was ending MHA and was like "Yeah this dude is spittin!" Crazy to think that two major Jump series for a generation are ending. Meanwhile One Piece outlived Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Sandland, Golden Wind - JoJolion, MHA, JJK, Reborn, Toriko and a whole lot more.

Glad Hunter X Hunter is coming back for a bit. I know Togashi has major health problems, so I hope he's pacing himself well, I'm guessing he'll do about 10 chapters so they can have a volume to release, I believe that's what he's done before. Or that, if possible, he'll have assistants helping as much as they can.

I imagine Jump is gonna try and find their next big series for a while Kagurabashi started out with Ironic popularity, but has gone legit, and Chainsawman is still kicking for the moment. Sakomoto Days is too, and I hear that the Rakugo manga is doing well.

Can't imagine how it'll go once Oda finished One Piece.
Nah Gege said at Jump Festa that they're planning to end the series this year. It was just a matter of when exactly. Still crazy that both it and MHA are ending within two months of each other even if I stopped following both of them.

I'm a big One Piece guy so I'll still be eating good for a while. I do think it's gonna end within the decade but I'll savor it while I can. I'm also glad Togashi gets to continue working on Hunter x Hunter though I'm genuinely worried he might not live to finish it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
for those why may be sad over JJK ending…there’s always Solo Leveling

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
GVW0sTgWUAAXQGs.jpeg

$250. Dunno about that lol

The statue is sick though

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 393559

I hate Limited Run Games so goddamn much, I was considering double dipping until O saw their logo lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IDK if you remember that idea I pitched a few days ago for an expanded version of Street Fighter 2 that adds more characters to the lineup, but this is what I came up with for that roster.
Ultimate Street Fighter II DX.png
I know, it's a mess of uncleaned pngs. But I did this quickly.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 393559

Limited Run Games Exists to spite me specifically.

I love this Collector's Edition but it is doing basically everything I hate about collector's editions

The big ones being the CE Stuff won't arrive until next year, You won't get the game on release date (Although at least you actually get a physical copy of the game) and also LRGs terrible business model

Jondolio

Smash Hero
View attachment 393559

I do not have that kinda money to spend on just one game as much as I wish I could

osby

Smash Obsessed
IDK if you remember that idea I pitched a few days ago for an expanded version of Street Fighter 2 that adds more characters to the lineup, but this is what I came up with for that roster.
I know, it's a mess of uncleaned pngs. But I did this quickly.
I guess it would be interesting to see Hakan in a sprite based game.

I still prefer getting him and Poison in SFVI though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's been going on for more than six years. That's not a short runtime at all.
Compared to the likes of Naruto, Bleach, and currently One Piece (It's going to survive the fall of human civilization lol)...My Hero Academia also went on for 10 years.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm currently waiting for two orders from Limited Run Games and that'll probably be the last of me getting stuff from them.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve said before but I really do feel like yesterday locks this in as an accurate prediction.

I don’t think we get legends Z-A footage till switch 2. I think with all the hirings and longer development time, Pokémon and Nintendo really want the game to impress and be a focal point in showing the difference between switch and switch 2.

Making the game super polished, run better and look better, would be a pretty smart way out of the gate to showcase that this is a whole new console.

im also predicting we get Switch 2 presentation in October and a spring to summer release. Legends will be the big holiday title and a focus of the presentation.

It would explain a lot of the reasoning behind the marketing so far for this game. It feels like they are waiting till they can actually show the game and I think that’s because it was not made on the switch primarily.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve said before but I really do feel like yesterday locks this in as an accurate prediction.

I don’t think we get legends Z-A footage till switch 2. I think with all the hirings and longer development time, Pokémon and Nintendo really want the game to impress and be a focal point in showing the difference between switch and switch 2.

Making the game super polished, run better and look better, would be a pretty smart way out of the gate to showcase that this is a whole new console.

im also predicting we get Switch 2 presentation in October and a spring to summer release. Legends will be the big holiday title and a focus of the presentation.

It would explain a lot of the reasoning behind the marketing so far for this game. It feels like they are waiting till they can actually show the game and I think that’s because it was not made on the switch primarily.
And Z-A drops summer-fall 2025.

And Gen 10 is 2026.

Like I’ve been ****ING saying the whole GODDAMN time but NOBODY believed me :239:

Top Bottom