• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yo job hunting suuuuucks. These boomers lied to me, I thought a degree and a handshake would make me a CEO instantly.
Job hunting is the absolute worst. It will break you pretty quickly. One of the few reasons I stayed at a dead-end Grocery Store job for so long (I have so many legit horror stories from that job, I'd get in trouble here if I discussed them outside of DMs).

I think having a Degree can help get people in the door in most places, and should be required for certain industries (like Medicine), but I don't think it's the end-all-be-all when it comes to a career path. My Dad, a true 70 year old baby boomer, got a Masters in Teaching Art. For 25+ years, he ended up as an Insurance Agent. I myself got a Degree in International Politics, but now work in Finance.

I actually applied just today for one of two Assistant Manager positions at the office I work at that just opened today. I responded "No" to 1 of the 15 questions regarding experience (I had a modest amount of experience but probably not 2 full years worth), and was thankfully approached by one of the hiring managers to re-submit after they told me their system immediately rejected my initial application.

So much of job hunting now is computer automated. Getting the interview is significantly harder than fully landing the job thereafter IMO.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I got lucky with my job. I got a call for a position I applied for fifteen minutes after I sent my resume while I was in the shower. 3 years and good promotions later I’m sitting on a 45k salary. I’m 22. Making 45k a year with nothing but a diploma.

And I still can’t even afford a comfortable lifestyle, **** this economy. :mad088:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah, the Rock returned to WWE?

Guess he really is just doing sidequests now.
all it took was a strike for his candy ass to come back to us…and made this grown man cry of nostalgia
IMG_0017.jpeg

funny enough…he still didn’t have time to deal with his family issues that’s been going on since 2020 (Cena dealing with it better somehow)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yo job hunting suuuuucks. These boomers lied to me, I thought a degree and a handshake would make me a CEO instantly.
Whoever said let’s get ChatGPT IQ **** programs to review applications, deserves to be fired for real.

My resume has a pretty decent amount of qualifications for the work I’m applying for( more than most would typically have) and yet I keep getting rejected. It ****ing sucks. Extremely frustrating and To have no clue why they say no is worse.

these entry level positions shouldn’t be that damn hard to get.

I’ve received like 100 nos, reworked my resume and cover letter multiple times, and I have 8 years of experience for work.

So it baffles me that I’m getting nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: ---

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s criminal that Mario 1’s portable remake was for the GBC and not the GBA. And that the Mario Lsmd games have never been given the same Mario All-Stars coat of paint.

Shroob

Sup?
Was able to pull a rando to do Ogre Oustin' on Normal.

Hard mode seems...... how the hell. You gotta do TEN levels.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beat The Teal Mask.

Pretty solid DLC all things considered, The story was pretty strong and Kitakami was fun to explore. Worst part is, without Indigo disc it does feel incomplete.

Shroob

Sup?
Beat The Teal Mask.

Pretty solid DLC all things considered, The story was pretty strong and Kitakami was fun to explore. Worst part is, without Indigo disc it does feel incomplete.
It's very, very short, and tbh, it's almost a filler story. Were it not for Carmine, Kieran and Briar, you could just skip it and you'd basically lose nothing from the story. Really, the only major thing it lets us know is that Terrastilization is spreading to other regions for unknown reasons, and it seemingly can BRING THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE LIKE WHAT

Shroob

Sup?
Haven't played the DLC nor do I plan on buying it but I'm surprised at how wrong I am about my theory about Ogrepon but it means I get to say Ogrepon's signature move is hitting you with her car in true Donbrothers fashion
She's adorable for sure. Though the part where they say that she straight up kills the 3 is still surprising considering her demeanor.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been looking for a job for a while but also nervous about the prospect of actually getting one.

More than anything I'm worried that I'll screw it up somehow, or even just screw up the job interview for that matter, and I'm a bit anxious about that. I'm also kind of concerned about how it might affect my schedule since while I have a good amount of free time otherwise, I have to tend to a lot of important chores and tasks at home on a practically daily basis, including several that the other members of my family either can't do or don't have the time to.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's hard to believe Dungeon Meshi is finally over... What an amazing end it was.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I was looking at some of the direct trailers and I got a video for a game called donkey kong '94, which from what I've seen, is a fully fleshed out Donkey Kong game, specifically the very first one. Then something dawned on me.
Donkey Kong did the, "gets super big" ending before Bowser. That is so funny to me.

Also this looks really fun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been doing a bit of animation. Truth be told, some of my old animations I haven't shared yet, partially because some of them are a little rough compared to other stuff I've done. But I've got a few things I should make in a new reel someday soon. On top of that, for freelancing stuff, I've designed some new merch stuff for TeePublic, I might also go into RedBubble since RB owns TP from what I've looked into. That new stuff is Halloween related. Might do a couple more to round it out a little more.

Spoilers For MK1. Story related stuff mostly. Since I watched cause I don't have a PS5 yet...Personally, looking forward to playing Sub-Zero and maybe Raiden in this one.
The story was neat for what it was, but some things felt fumbled. All the characters are either SUPER GOODY GOOD or SUPER EVIL BAD. Which I'm not sure why they handled it like that. MK's the perfect franchise to have a whole swarm of Anti-Hero characters. Bi-Han SHOULD'VE been that guy. A real Anti-Hero character. Looking at Mythologies Sub-Zero, Bi-Han cared mostly for the Lin Kuei, but saw good in Sareena, Bi-Han wondered if he still had good in himself, and was weary of Quan-Chi off the jump. But was still cold-hearted in a lot of other ways too, given that he kills Scorpion. But MK1 takes him and makes him Ice Vergil. Which feels like a missed opportunity. There's no reason for him to be fully evil, because that's what him TURNING into Noob Saibot was for.

I feel like NRS should PROBABLY have a tournament mode for people who don't want to grind story mode can play Havik. I know it only effects a small group of players, but it would go a long way I feel. It'll be a good balance so that normal players can unlock cool stuff, while pro-players can hit the ground running.

Mileena was handled well enough I guess. They made her more of a sympathetic character, her mutation being Super Rabies, loosing her Mom. And not getting with Tanya, not because they're Gay(well, part of me think Mileena is still gonna be Bi, but that's neither here nor there), but because the Not-Dora Milaje are effectively monks. I hope it'll take her character in interesting from here on.

Baraka and Reptile escape the Jobber Dimension, at least for now.

Johnny was pretty cool, he's been written well enough since MK9, though he's makes a few too many movie references. His bromance with Kenshi is pretty nice.

Tanya was just Diet/Boneless Jade, but not nearly as cool. Nor did she feel like she did anything of note. Her design is still too "Live Action Adaptation" Busy for my liking. Nearly everyone barring Raiden and the Male Ninjas kind of have that problem. But I get that they wanted a more West-African inspired Tanya, but I think it could've done that exact idea and be cooler.

Kuai Liang as Scorpion....I'm mixed on. He'll always be THE Sub-Zero to me, and this is coming from someone who likes Bi-Han as well. But he's still cool as a character. It just sucks that we end up losing Hanzo on top of that, and that Kuai as Sub-Zero is my favorite MK character of all time. Watching Snow Blind reinforced that further for me.

Smoke didn't do much, but he looks really ****ing cool. Like the guy from Tenchu.

Geras was a bro, and he gets a little more agency.

Ashrah is fine, same as before expect we know her old crew was the Brotherhood of Shadow, now a Sisterhood since I guess Noob not being there made them want to just make them all girls? I guess.

I hate Shao Kahn's design. He looks like a dumb Bioware/Baldur's Gate DnD reject. Nitara too. Both of their old designs had more personality, or SOUL as the kids say these days.

Reiko and Li-Mei are Omega-Level Jobbers. Kitana too technically, All of Reiko's moves feel less interesting visually now, while Li-Mei is the exact opposite, they took her core kit and made it flashy and cool visually at least.

Shang Tsung was the Smuggest Man Alive. Good ****.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've been thinking of getting in to that, can you give me a sales pitch?
Basic plot is, a swords-and-sorcery fantasy party who does dungeon-dwelling as an occupation has to travel deep into a dungeon to save one of their members - however, since they aren't prepared enough, they have to make meals out of the monsters they come across if they want to survive.
  • It basically starts as a cooking manga, but there's a lot of plot and characterization later on and you get a good deal of both.
  • An experienced cast that gets nearly equal amount of screentime and everyone gets a chance to shine.
  • The humor is amazing and even when the things get darker, the manga never stops being funny or hopeful.
  • Amazing worldbuilding that's firmly rooted into DnD but explores magic, dungeons, fantasy races and monsters interestingly and in great detail.
  • Superb art. The backgrounds and food all look nice, and there's an incredible amount of diversity in character designs.
  • You're going to want to eat the weirdest stuff.
  • It has this panel:
1694865058424.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
I downloaded a dating app for lesbians. Wish me luck.
Dating apps are tough. It’s highly likely you don’t have any success at first, so my advice is to keep at it. You’ll get somewhere eventually. It’s a numbers game.

But also don’t be afraid to take a break if you need to. The whole process can get very tiring.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think I used up all of my luck with that Shiny Mienfoo because I cannot catch the Loyal Three to save my life

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the sympathetic side of me wants the strike to end after the actors and writers get paid fairly

but the wrestling side of me wants the strike to go on for awhile longer to have more Cena and Rock appearances

Top Bottom