• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't even access Twitter since I don't have an account

That's actually a positive all things considered I hate that stupid hellsite and I could sometimes waste hours looking at random profiles. I hope the whole app goes under and from what I can tell we are getting rather close to that being a reality

D

Deleted member

Platforming sections must be the sole video game element that you can use to immediately make any game fifteen times worse when used in other genres.
I'd say the Mario & Luigi games handle platforming in a very competent way: they exist in the overworld map to get secret treasures and to locations and is applied to the turn-based battles in a satisfying way which makes them different from other kinds of RPGs (besides action RPGs as those take place directly in the world map).

But yeah, overall they tend to be a bother when they aren't used properly at all looks at Castlevania 64

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Curse you goodsmile

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Curse you goodsmile

I like that I can't see what else they announced/showed off because Elon is the Grandmaster of being a Complete ****ing Imbecile

But also damn that GL figure is awesome

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ToTK playthough so far:
Link is very dumb for only carrying the Master Sword and nothing else
lol on the reason for the stat reset
Haven't got past the tutorial island yet
Died like 7 times, 6 were in the ice mountain area
Have all 3 armplications, but stopped before clearing becaise it got late.
I miss the paraglider
You still get the paraglider, but it’s a few quests in after the prologue

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
God, the Spindash in Frontiers is legit the most fun I've had playing a Sonic game in a while. It's way too enjoyable to zoom around and launch off things with no ****s given.

360°

Smash Rookie
I mean you may as well get an OLED, the original Switch is kinda outdated to say the least. So is the OLED but you get better storage size, better reaolution, and a better dock, so it's more worth than the OG, especially if you can get it cheaper.
I think you misread my intention. I won't be getting the standard non-OLED version ever, for me the only decision was between buying the Switch OLED now or wait for a potential "Switch 2" or "Switch Pro". Since it takes a while until we might get one and I don't wanna postpone my Nintendo console drought for any longer I heavily favour in getting a Switch this fall.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think you misread my intention. I won't be getting the standard non-OLED version ever, for me the only decision was between buying the Switch OLED now or wait for a potential "Switch 2" or "Switch Pro". Since it takes a while until we might get one and I don't wanna postpone my Nintendo console drought for any longer I heavily favour in getting a Switch this fall.
Go for it, we won't see the next one until next year anyways

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To anyone whose a Godzilla fan such as myself. What is your favorite movie? Mine's G54 and GMK. Both are really good, I can't choose either which I like more.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I hope Super Mario Bros. Wonder don't require motion controls like NSMB Wii and U.

One of my favorite controllers for Switch doesn't have motion controls and made a small amount of levels in NSMB U Deluxe unbeatable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finished the season of Unicorn Warriors Eternal.

It started out pretty ok, but really came to enjoy it. The end is a pretty cool setup for the future. The characters were all pretty good too.

Definitely recommend watching the show. It’s in Max or if you have a cable subscription you can watch it all on adult swims website.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Been listening to the Wii U Download Management music while downloading Steam games.

If there's one thing I miss from the Wii U era, it's menu music. It made the system more lively (and a little creepy... though that could just be the music used on the Wii U)

D

Deleted member

To anyone whose a Godzilla fan such as myself. What is your favorite movie? Mine's G54 and GMK. Both are really good, I can't choose either which I like more.
Divided between Shin Godzilla, Godzilla vs Megalon (Jet Jaguar my beloved) and Godzilla Destroy All Monsters.

God, the Spindash in Frontiers is legit the most fun I've had playing a Sonic game in a while. It's way too enjoyable to zoom around and launch off things with no ****s given.
Yup, It is quite an awesome addition to the game.

If unlocking It does allow me to use It on New Game+ I am making a new save file just to use It through the entirety of story mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finished the season of Unicorn Warriors Eternal.

It started out pretty ok, but really came to enjoy it. The end is a pretty cool setup for the future. The characters were all pretty good too.

Definitely recommend watching the show. It’s in Max or if you have a cable subscription you can watch it all on adult swims website.
yeah that show slapped. Emma best character

Reactions: Z25
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Platforming sections must be the sole video game element that you can use to immediately make any game fifteen times worse when used in other genres.
You mean stealth sections.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Now that we're getting the Apollo Justice collection, It would be really nice if we got an Ace Attorney Investigations Collection and a modern consoles port of the Professor Layton crossover. We're so close to having all of Ace Attorney on all modern platforms.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished Justice League Unlimited. I wasn't sure how they were going to top the second season once it came time for the third, and while season 3 arguably didn't top the previous season, it felt more relaxed/fun. Also, the greater focus on Lex Luthor helped to keep it feeling different from what came before, and it gave us some great moments:

Truly Lex Luthor's second most evil moment of all time. His most evil moment, of course, being this...

Not sure what I'll watch next - I'll likely continue with Gravity Falls, though I've heard good things about Spectacular Spider-Man, and I've got a box set of Doctor Who (the 9th and 10th Doctors) that I'd like to finish. (I've watched the 9th Doctor's run and I've started the second season for the 10th Doctor)

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ve decided to see what happens if you reject women in P4G during Valentines Day…oof it makes Yu look so ****ing evil

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
If I could go back in time and change something minor about Smash, I would convince Sakurai to do Blastoise-Venusaur-Charizard for Pokemon Trainer instead of what we got. Yeah, we loose out on demonstrating the three stages of evolution, but the fully evolved forms are just so more iconic. Plus then we could get a triple finish with added Mega Evolution.

Top Bottom