• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
FNAF World is simultaneously the most and least important game in the franchise. Its total failure birthed the retcon of the entire series’ overarching story from Sister Location onward.

Weird to think about :nifty:
Yeah. That is strange to think about. It's one of the things a lot of fans don't like to think about because they like to think Scott had a Pepe Sylvia pinboard of all the lore details in a room in his house or a 5,000,000 page lore bible under his desk and everything connected super intricately. Hells no. Man had a vague idea and was just flying by the seat of his pants. That's why there will never be a satisfying reveal at the end and why it's so hard to care about the mystery anymore. Because, here's the thing. The mystery is SOLVED by the end of every great mystery story. Not left vague and contradictory on purpose for the sake of it.

But either way, yeah. I really like FNaF World and am cynical about the lore despite knowing way too much about it. Want a sequel to FNaF World and for the answers to finally be given so the games can just focus on being good games and not cryptic riddles written by a rambling madman high on cocaine.

Shroob

Sup?
Just wanted permission because this is such a strange and bizarre journey.

First off. FNaF World. I really like that game. I think it's a really fun RPG with a nice meta/comedy take on the series and I really want a sequel with more characters from later in the franchise and more bizarre stuff. There is a fan made sequel but it's not really what I wanted and most of the characters you play as are the random enemies from the first game (I presume so the game maker didn't have to make a bunch of new models, which is fair). But man, the game is tight and the fanbase was way too mean to it, the 8-bit overworld looked better than the current 3D one. And I desperately want a true sequel that will never come.

Pizzeria Simulator. Fantastic concept. Love the idea of combining a tycoon game with a horror game. The problem is I just want and endless version of the tycoon segment honestly. Like that sounds so fun to me as someone who loved Zoo Tycoon as a kid. I would love to see the idea fleshed out with more mechanics and not have the traditional FNaF segment stapled on. Make it a true spinoff. It would just be fun to play. But this also is probably never gonna happen because the weird spinoffs (which are always super fun and interesting) are always one and dones in this franchise even when they deserve to be fleshed out in future installments and sequels.

Finally. Sister Location. Really wish there was a spinoff or follow-up to it where you played a more traditional FNaF game in the resteraunt Baby and Co. were originally supposed to be in before being sent into storage. I think there's potential there. This is another one where there is a fangame based on the idea but it's not quite what I was hoping for and really wish someone else would come along and do the idea in a more satisfying way. Be it officially or in a fangame.
Ehhhhhhh, FNaF world is dookie dog **** ngl.

The Halloween update was good, but the game itself is flawed beyond hope.

Outside the fact that it's a seizure fiesta with all the flashing lights and colors, the battle system is poorly explained, and despite being a character collecting RPG, you really 'can't' use the characters you want since their stats barely scale at all, and newer characters are just inherently 'better'.

That, and you're kinda forced to use the new characters in the final Halloween zone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. That is strange to think about. It's one of the things a lot of fans don't like to think about because they like to think Scott had a Pepe Sylvia pinboard of all the lore details in a room in his house or a 5,000,000 page lore bible under his desk and everything connected super intricately. Hells no. Man had a vague idea and was just flying by the seat of his pants. That's why there will never be a satisfying reveal at the end and why it's so hard to care about the mystery anymore. Because, here's the thing. The mystery is SOLVED by the end of every great mystery story. Not left vague and contradictory on purpose for the sake of it.

But either way, yeah. I really like FNaF World and am cynical about the lore despite knowing way too much about it. Want a sequel to FNaF World and for the answers to finally be given so the games can just focus on being good games and not cryptic riddles written by a rambling madman high on cocaine.
There was a solid answer at one point. I firmly believe that at the time of FNAF 4, the dream theory was right. However, after some thinking, Scott realized that people generally hate "It as all a dream!" plot twists. So he scrambled to correct course.

That's why we have stuff like remnant, to explain how animatronic possession could totally 100% feasibly happen in the world of FNAF.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still haven't caught ol' Virizion wireless.

Probably ought to candy up a pokemon to fight it. Maybe I'll use that shiny Torkoal I found roaming, it's got a naturally high defense stat.

Edit: Oh right I started with Skeledirge, guess I can just use that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is amazing lmao

Alear whipping out the full Size Hershey Chocolate Bar

Shroob

Sup?

Probably ought to candy up a pokemon to fight it. Maybe I'll use that shiny Torkoal I found roaming, it's got a naturally high defense stat.

Yeah Skeledirge is good.

If you host the raid I can probably oneshot it with Kingambit.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Mind if I join if you go after it?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ehhhhhhh, FNaF world is dookie dog **** ngl.

The Halloween update was good, but the game itself is flawed beyond hope.

Outside the fact that it's a seizure fiesta with all the flashing lights and colors, the battle system is poorly explained, and despite being a character collecting RPG, you really 'can't' use the characters you want since their stats barely scale at all, and newer characters are just inherently 'better'.

That, and you're kinda forced to use the new characters in the final Halloween zone.
Oh I acknowledge those flaws and why they might turn people off or lower it's "objective quality" if that's as metric anyone can or should care about. But I still have a lot of fun playing it and wish there was a sequel that could iron out it's flaws. Namely everything you just mentioned is something that's worth fixing.
There was a solid answer at one point. I firmly believe that at the time of FNAF 4, the dream theory was right. However, after some thinking, Scott realized that people generally hate "It as all a dream!" plot twists. So he scrambled to correct course.

That's why we have stuff like remnant, to explain how animatronic possession could totally 100% feasibly happen in the world of FNAF.
Even though everyone already bought the idea of ghosts possessing things because that's something they do. Seriously, dude should have just read up on Ghostbusters if he wanted satisfying pseudo-sci-fi spirit stuff.

I think it's salvageable. I could probably write a treatment for it if I was allowed to retcon a few things. I'm sure a lot of people could too, I'm not special in that regard. But it's not gonna happen as long as the franchise is still controlled by... presumably Scott but who knows what he actually did after the donations scandal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone else would have to host, I chose ooga booga version.

I've tried a couple times to join random ones but they never went well.
For verizion, burn it and it should be a lot easier. For suicune, scream with light screen makes a great support. Or really any good light screen user.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait hold on I have Chi-Yu.

Lowering its teammates special defense won't even be a problem against Virizion.exe and it can throw out stupidly powerful dark pulses. Gonna stock up on Calcium.

Top Bottom