• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ain't you a comic book reader? What's the difference?
Loads of them aren’t really accurately adapted perfectly well into other media, and (at least with things from Marvel, DC, and TMNT) can be extremely flexible with the stories told with their characters if wanted. Manga does get credit for not having to do multiple relaunches for their series, probably due to each series only focusing on their own world and not an entire multiverse of characters. I’m probably wording this beyond terribly.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know

There's been a real push or trend lately where tons and tons of people have been making a huge effort to dig up old creepypastas and uncover the origins of the images that made them famous, and a LOT have been found from Smile Dog, to MARIO, to even getting close to finding out that Jeff the Killer was actually an overweight Japanese lady originally....

But as neat as this is, not gonna lie, it feels almost demystifying to go on such a big effort to find the source of these images. Sure, a lot, and I mean a LOT of creepypastas are legit awful, like, dogwater, but still, a lot of the images that spawned from them have stuck around to this day in the horror scope, and finding their origins almost feels like it kinda strips what little mystery they had left. Once you understand the magic trick it's no longer mystical, ya know? :dr^_^:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did a little bit of animating practice. I want to do a couple of small gif like animations, but I want to make them as decently as I can. Maybe do animatics with funny audio too.

I feel like, in a lot ways, I get in my own way when it comes to animating, because I want it to look as good as possible, thinking I can't do it, but I'll push past that when I can. And slowly, I have to get to that point. Same with Illustrating, and I've gotten better at that by quite a bit these past few years.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Btw like it or not, LA One Piece is a massive ****ing improvement on the source material because there is no way in hell they can make Sanji nearly as bad as Oda has
I don't think the adaptation as a whole is an improvement but I do like that they toned Sanji down

I love Sanji, but his antics can get really ****ing annoying and I feel like they really hurt his badass gentleman image sometimes while the live action version doesn't have that insufferable quality

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think the adaptation as a whole is an improvement but I do like that they toned Sanji down

I love Sanji, but his antics can get really ****ing annoying and I feel like they really hurt his badass gentleman image sometimes while the live action version doesn't have that insufferable quality
That's what I mean, I don't actively dislike Sanji here, I wouldn't get massively ****ing disappointed in the bull**** he pulls in Wano if the live action version were to ever get there. Do you know how ****ing insufferable a character has to be to make me hate them despite being a massive ****ing Kamen Rider homage? That alone is a massive boon in favor of the live action, a genuine, massive improvement in that regard

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's what I mean, I don't actively dislike Sanji here, I wouldn't get massively ing disappointed in the bull he pulls in Wano if the live action version were to ever get there. Do you know how ****ing insufferable a character has to be to make me hate them despite being a massive ****ing Kamen Rider homage? That alone is a massive boon in favor of the live action, a genuine, massive improvement in that regard
After seeing clips of LA Sanji, i see the vision

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
First set of Buu Bits (minor swearing here and there). Also the review itself has been amazing so far

also also Great Saiyaman > Trunks and Goten trying to steal Gohan's style

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
it hasn't even been a full day since they said he had days to live... 😭

at least the family got to say their goodbyes...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was going to comment a more meaner thing but Cuties message made it look like a **** move. I was pretty alcoholic for a long time. Being passed out drunk in pools of my own and others vomit, getting lost, violence, and health issues that eventually resulted in a DUI and loss of a job sparked me to get clean. There’s always a chance to get clean and not let the disease take over you. It did to this man and, while the death of his newborn son was a what pushed him over, there are those that had similar significant losses that didn’t cause them to bottom out in life. I hope his family finds peace in all of this and those who do suffer from this disease finds a way to pull themselves out of it.

That and he sang probably “All Star” so much that wasted was the only way to get through it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
IGN talked to Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser at Nintendo Live asking about Charles Martinet's departure and who's taking his place. Doug responded with:
Well, Charles has obviously been a voice actor with us for quite some time, and as we look for ways to keep Charles involved in Nintendo’s business, we thought this was a very nice transition for him. And Charles is very excited about it. I’ll let Charles speak to it himself if he’d like to, but we look forward to having him continue to represent Nintendo and importantly the Mushroom Kingdom as we go forward.

I think people have recognized this when they see Super Mario Bros. Wonder, they’ll hear a different voice and we’ll let that play out and that’ll be within the credits, and people will learn who the new person is at that point in time, but we don’t plan to make any announcement in advance of that.
So yeah, he's not keeping us in the knowhow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This week's art has a good bit of X-Men in it. Starting off, I drew Colossus. Cause I really wanted to get around drawing him, but never did until recently. The metal texture on his design is fun to pull in extra colors and the like.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I convinced my dad to read One Piece

There's two fantasy novels I need to read for him to start but he does like the live action version a lot

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I grew up listening to Smash Mouth, so this news and hearing the loss Steve had to go through leading up to this is just heartbreaking. No one should've had to go through what he did. His child passed away before he could got any opportunity to grow up.

I'm praying for his family and and friends. At the very least, Steve got to spend his final days surrounded by them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
PlayStation told people on Twitter/X to treat themselves to 19 inches of Venom

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_9905.jpeg
IMG_9903.jpeg
IMG_9904.jpeg

can’t say Sony can’t promote their games I guess

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still need to do the Mewtwo raid.

What's the strat?
Physical Tera Bug Mew.

Max HP and Attack. Held Item: Metronome.

. Struggle Bug
. Leech Life
. Swords Dance
. Misty Terrain/Life Dew

You spend the first half of the fight spamming Struggle Bug to counter all its Calm Minding. Then you max out on Swords Dances and then spam Leech Life.

If you have it, right before it’s shield is broken, use Misty Terrain to stop it from using Rest and get all its health back. Then continue using Leech Life. Or use Life Dew as needed.

Return to Struggle Bug whenever it resets its stats.

If you want I can raid with you later. It really takes a full team with everyone on the same wavelength to beat it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Physical Tera Bug Mew.

Max HP and Attack. Held Item: Metronome.

. Struggle Bug
. Leech Life
. Swords Dance
. Misty Terrain

You spend the first half of the fight spamming Struggle Bug to counter all its Calm Minding. Then you max out on Swords Dances and then spam Leech Life.

Right before it’s shield is broken, use Misty Terrain to stop it from using Rest and get all its health back. Then continue using Leech Life.

Return to Struggle Bug whenever it resets its stats.

If you want I can raid with you later. It really takes a full team with everyone on the same wavelength to beat it.
I'm gonna have to build a Mew, which means grinding and **** lmao.

I can probably do it tomorrow if that'd be cool.

Top Bottom