• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, one thing I wish other RPGs had is a Boss Refight mode.

Off the top of my head, Mario and Luigi has some, and Origami King did too, but I can't remember other RPGs that had a refight mode. I guess DQ11? Kinda?
Technically Pokémon Heartgold and SoulSilver had It too with the dojo in Zaffron City, where you could meet with all the gym leaders from the game and fight them again with stronger teams.

I really like the idea of optional Boss Battle rematches, as It is a cool way to replay some specific Battles I happened to really like without having to create a whole new save file. And if done right they can motivate the player to improve their party and become even stronger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On the back of the Octopath Traveller box I notice it says you can eventually give characters a second job?

When is that? I'm doing to Chapter 2 quests and I notice that chapter 3 has a recommended level of 40.

D

Deleted member

Just got a pretty interesting idea for a small game:

Poker, but it’s themed around hell and you’re trying to get out of hell by playing poker with demons until you get to satan himself

Might be fun as a small “first project” because honestly despite me wanting to make a game I know practically nothing about coding lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
On the back of the Octopath Traveller box I notice it says you can eventually give characters a second job?

When is that? I'm doing to Chapter 2 quests and I notice that chapter 3 has a recommended level of 40.
You can find secret shrines in the Chapter 3 areas that give you second jobs.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Any of you guys noticing the forum site being a bit glitchy on mobile?

Sometimes when I scroll down it suddenly changes to white for a second. It's probably my phone but unsure.

D

Deleted member

Any of you guys noticing the forum site being a bit glitchy on mobile?

Sometimes when I scroll down it suddenly changes to white for a second. It's probably my phone but unsure.
I’m on my phone right now and that doesn’t seem to be happening. Maybe it’s just your phone?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can find secret shrines in the Chapter 3 areas that give you second jobs.
Ah, cool. I can actually probably go there before I finish the level 2 quests because Cyrus is level 40 because he's gaining levels every time I try and bring other party members to the recommended level. Cyrus and Olberic have been the most useful characters so far. Olberic is dealing 10,000 damage with Brand's Thunder (And Lion Dance)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Real talk, localize Mother 3. Not because of memes, but because Earthbound is a fantastic game that needed some oomph in the story department.
Reggie comes back to Nintendo just to stop them from even reading this comment you have made

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don't think there is such thing as a naturally likable person.

You have to put some effort if you want others to enjoy your presence.
I always put in effort.

At the same time, it might be paranoia I'm feeling right now that people don't like me as much as I first thought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always put in effort.

At the same time, it might be paranoia I'm feeling right now that people don't like me as much as I first thought.
I can relate with those thoughts really well.

Maybe in my case It is just that I've been surrounded by very bad and rude people for way too long that as such It has tainted drastically the way I look at myself. That mixed with my anxiety and depressive tendencies just makes It even tougher for me to look at me and seriously say "someone finds me valuable".

I want to say however that with time and just trying to leave the places where you feel bad and looking for new places where you feel you could fit could help up a lot.
I've been trying that approach these past weeks by joining new Discord servers and leaving ones where I felt bad being in and so far It seems to work and I even made some new partners.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I can relate with those thoughts really well.

Maybe in my case It is just that I've been surrounded by very bad and rude people for way too long that as such It has tainted drastically the way I look at myself. That mixed with my anxiety and depressive tendencies just makes It even tougher for me to look at me and seriously say "someone finds me valuable".

I want to say however that with time and just trying to leave the places where you feel bad and looking for new places where you feel you could fit could help up a lot.
I've been trying that approach these past weeks by joining new Discord servers and leaving ones where I felt bad being in and so far It seems to work and I even made some new partners.
I think having IRL social groups open would be a great help for me. I enjoy those kind of things in general.

But covid lockdown.

So I'm still trying to figure out ways around it. It's kind of a daily struggle.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Switching to Kino this week. Was gonna go to Trails but I have a great idea to do it next week for Halloween as well. Also despite the sickness an important anniversary for myself is coming up Friday so hoping I feel fully better by then.

As for said sickness. I don't know what happened. It feels like I woke up and suddenly my body's sensitivity was switched to maximum. I'm worried if I'm going to have this the rest of my life. I should really stop talking about it.

Part of me thinks I'm not naturally likable. Still trying to figure out whether that thought is valid or not.
I know the feeling dude but I'm trying to make myself a bit more likable. Trying to branch out my interests, trying to keep my spirits up. It's hard.

I really want to grow as a person and I really, really do but it always feels like their is another obstacle placed in front of me. It's pissing me off a bit.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Switching to Kino this week. Was gonna go to Trails but I have a great idea to do it next week for Halloween as well.Also despite the sickness an important anniversary for myself is coming up Friday so hoping I feel fully better by then.

As for said sickness. I don't know what happened. It feels like I woke up and suddenly my body's sensitivity was switched to maximum. I'm worried if I'm going to have this the rest of my life. I should really stop talking about it.

I know the feeling dude but I'm trying to make myself a bit more likable. Trying to branch out my interests, trying to keep my spirits up. It's hard.

I really want to grow as a person and I really, really do but it always feels like their is another obstacle placed in front of me. It's pissing me off a bit.
I feel that.

I also think having IRL activities readily available would be helpful for me. But with my Smash Bros. group still doing "online only" I don't have any IRL friend groups right now that I can readily meet with. My extroverted nature feels starved. And it's been too large of a struggle nearly this whole year.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, localize Mother 3. Not because of memes, but because Earthbound is a fantastic game that needed some oomph in the story department.
I believe fans have already localized it, but I would really like Earthbound 3, but it is localized, and it is remastered. What I mean by "remastered" is changing the artstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I completely relate, and It really frustrates me as much too.

You feel like you are finally getting everything controlled and how you keep hoping It goes, you are about to feel a lot of satisfaction on yourself... But then Bam, something happens at that exact moment which takes all the hard work down.

It truly is demotivating.

Dutch Raikuna

Anddddddd I read something that I shouldn't have.

Was trying to look up loss of appetite considering I've been not eating well and then saw a post that was "can your body just give up?" so that freaked me out a bit. Like I don't want to die young.
Honestly the past two months feels like August/September of 2017 to me with my body on alert mode. Except this time it's this weird illness and not global politics.

On a side note drinking coffee to see if it was a caffeine headache. Seems I might be in the right for that part.

I completely relate, and It really frustrates me as much too.

You feel like you are finally getting everything controlled and how you keep hoping It goes, you are about to feel a lot of satisfaction on yourself... But then Bam, something happens at that exact moment which takes all the hard work down.

It truly is demotivating.
Try and start a few times this year and failed. January, March, September. Three starts that failed for different reasons. Incident in January, Lockdown in March and this dental abscess/illness combo.

Like as they where I am to these misfires "can you **** off and give my head peace?" Want to go back to my library visits and online chatting to friends. Also, it feels like I've been disconnected from reality the past few months as well. Like I'm "there" but not really.

I feel like reminiscing stuff tonight. Might just be on here if you guys are interested in reading and hearing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Try and start a few times this year and failed. January, March, September. Three starts that failed for different reasons. Incident in January, Lockdown in March and this dental abscess/illness combo.

Like as they where I am to these misfires "can you **** off and give my head peace?" Want to go back to my library visits and online chatting to friends. Also, it feels like I've been disconnected from reality the past few months as well. Like I'm "there" but not really.

I feel like reminiscing stuff tonight. Might just be on here if you guys are interested in reading and hearing.
This year there have been many moments of stuff like that happening to me that I don't know where to start.

From trying to get holidays for myself to improve my mental health but failing because my family literally worn me out of the attempt by being asses to the three experiences I brought up the other day.

It's like, I know what I need to help myself get better, and I'm always so close to achieving It... Yet there's always something which ends up ruining everything up or making It at the same time too far.

Each time It happens It truly makes me feel more sad about it, as I feel like I'm in some kind of sick and twisted cycle someone has forced me upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom