• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, I'm lowkey kinda suprised Kingdom Hearts didn't try a racing game. I mean a Disney Kart alone would bring home some moolah so Kingdom Karts would definitely make bank.

Knowing Square they'd add microtransactions and kill it.

And also it's canon for some reason.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know, I'm lowkey kinda suprised Kingdom Hearts didn't try a racing game. I mean a Disney Kart alone would bring home some moolah so Kingdom Karts would definitely make bank.

There is a Disney racing game coming out this year so I expect it to perform adequately.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Finally, at long last

the Cars World

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how y'all enjoying the reveals of Hugh, Rocko and Jenny?

I would assume Jenny had gotten the most hype? Maybe Hugh because he was unexpected?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Finally the weekend as been working and at the skatepark. Encountered my first Karen at the place along with her dad War Veteran Jim. Going off on every person going near their kid.

A kid was like "he may be going to the gym but I can fight him".

Kiiasales.jpg

Then someone brought a trolley in to the skatepark and took like 5 people to get it out. It was madness.

cool as can be
Bro. We getting Jenny and Hugh "Duck Lover" Neutron.

And Rocko cause that show was brill.

View attachment 352312

Bruh they gave Jenny her ****ing makeover as her alt, they did my girl justice
1652470971412.png

Robo-Human Blaziken. That's what I see.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Welcome to Kingdom Hearts!
Ended up moving on towards 358/2 days since I already know enough about CoM and it’s ending + Axel…and now I’m only watching tons of cutscenes…there is going to be gameplay in this game right? 25 days in and still no gameplay

I would assume Jenny had gotten the most hype? Maybe Hugh because he was unexpected?
both have hella high ass hype going on for them, and Jenny was actually amazing to have tried out today
Bro. We getting Jenny and Hugh "Duck Lover" Neutron.

And Rocko cause that show was brill.
Jenny seems like she’ll end up getting hit with nerfs if her skillset ends up being as busted as April and Aang, but she’s very fun

Hugh better have his cool form, and sings “Cool As Can Be”

As for Rocko, I demand he stays looking innocent and awesome

MooMew64

They both put the game back on my radar, as I was pretty much ready to forget about the whole game lol.

Hoping that this thing still clings to life; the devs clearly have the passion, but they're fighting with Viacom marketing to even exist.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ended up moving on towards 358/2 days since I already know enough about CoM and it’s ending + Axel…and now I’m only watching tons of cutscenes…there is going to be gameplay in this game right? 25 days in and still no gameplay
It's out for the better.

Now Re:Coded? The same deal but it's worth playing imo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but they're fighting with Viacom marketing to even exist.
I wonder how hard it was for them to say yes to Hugh.

They only recently realized people could be nostalgic for Jimmy Neutron, fans demanding Hugh would be completely bizarre to them.

MooMew64

Speaking as a Days fan:

It's very, very rough by today's standards and is by all means very skippable if you watch the cutscenes online.

Kinda like this:

you dare not be excited for the same things i am excited about?

we can't have none of that here
8325252B-D311-4A19-8180-805D7E772FF4.jpeg

MooMew64

NASB still has an upwards battle of being 100% not casual friendly, though.

Game is pretty unapologetically for comp Melee players and no one else. If you're not in it for the funny schmovement, there ain't much for ya here outside of a shockingly solid roster lineup.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASB still has an upwards battle of being 100% not casual friendly, though.

Game is pretty unapologetically for comp Melee players and no one else. If you're not in it for the funny schmovement, there ain't much for ya here outside of a shockingly solid roster lineup.
I think items are gonna come with Rocko, one of them's the Suck-O-Matic.

MooMew64

I think items are gonna come with Rocko, one of them's the Suck-O-Matic.
That's a really good first step. My hope is if the DLC hits hard enough and more casual friendly ways of play come into focus the game can keep some actual legs, 'cause hoo boy it dropped off fast, especially after Multiversus.

Though Multiversus is bungling their marketing ATM so there's plenty of room for catchup. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's a really good first step. My hope is if the DLC hits hard enough and more casual friendly ways of play come into focus the game can keep some actual legs, 'cause hoo boy it dropped off fast, especially after Multiversus.

Though Multiversus is bungling their marketing ATM so there's plenty of room for catchup. :drshrug:
Items have been in development for a while, and most of them have their final models already. I think they want to save them for Rocko because Nicktoons games usually only feature content from shows with playable characters.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just looking at Crunchyroll-Funi and me wondering when are these two coming on to it:

1652472118040.png
NepeeNeppp.jpg

And waiting on these this to be watched legally in my region along with more KyoAni shows:
1652472398892.png

Wanna watch Super Cub on the go.

And they wonder why people still sail the high seas.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT JENNY ACTUALLY MADE IT

She's always been one of my most wanted since the game was first unveiled, but MLAATR hasn't been relevant in ages, and I wasn't sure her addition was even possible at the rate the game's reception was going along with potential licensing issues, so I'm especially happy. Go, XJ-9!

Shroob

Sup?
I think my biggest question in regards to all this

Is how much longer can they justify pumping money into this game when it's clearly dead? The game still hasn't broken past 100 players even with the last 2 waves of DLC, and sometimes even goes down to as low as 20 or 30 people online, at least on PC.

This can't be profitable for them, especially since, iirc, the game's still full priced, which is another massive turnoff for potential new customers.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Is how much longer can they justify pumping money into this game when it's clearly dead? The game still hasn't broken past 100 players even with the last 2 waves of DLC, and sometimes even goes down to as low as 20 or 30 people online, at least on PC.

This can't be profitable for them, especially since, iirc, the game's still full priced, which is another massive turnoff for potential new customers.
My only guess? A possible No Mans Sky scenerio

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Adding a couple DLC characters isn't gonna fix that tbh, the game needs a lot of work at the ground level, not adding stuff onto an already shaky structure.
The biggest issue with it is that's it's similar to Melee, which isn't bad on its own but it's just too similar to the point where all the trappings shortcomings of Melee are present, if not worse in NASB. Doesn't help that the moves have virtually no weight to them at all, as in a lot of moves do not match up with the animations they're given and it's just too fast.

But if they fix that maybe I'll give it a chance.

Shroob

Sup?
The biggest issue with it is that's it's similar to Melee, which isn't bad on its own but it's just too similar to the point where all the trappings shortcomings of Melee are present, if not worse in NASB. Doesn't help that the moves have virtually no weight to them at all, as in a lot of moves do not match up with the animations they're given and it's just too fast.

But if they fix that maybe I'll give it a chance.
That, and there's a few other things.

No voice acting being a glaring one. I can understand, since voice acting is expensive, but it's a wacky cartoon fighting game with no wacky cartoon voices.

Also, no items for the casuals. They're in the code, but most are either unused or were repurposed into moves, so they may be basically a dead concept at this point.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, no items for the casuals. They're in the code, but most are either unused or were repurposed into moves, so they may be basically a dead concept at this point.
It's gonna take a while because of Da Rules(TM) Nicktoons games usually follow: Only feature content from shows with playable characters...and one of the items is from Rocko's Modern Life.

Shroob

Sup?
But ya

Outside of the general jankiness of the game and its animations, and the price being way, wayyyyyy too high for the amount of content it has, one of my biggest turnoffs is a lack of voice acting.

It's just soo weird seeing characters like Patrick and Spongebob jump around but they're just

Mute

In a way, it's just eerie. This is a bright, colorful cartoon fighting game, but the characters are just dead silent.

It'd be like if you saw something Mario related and instead of Charles Martinet, he was voiced by Chris Pra-----Oh, wait.

MooMew64

I think the hope is hyperfocusing on community dreamies for DLC will help keep the word of mouth alive and buy the devs time while they fight with Viacom marketing.

If it works and they get things like items and VA in, and then strategically place some Steam sales and other platform sales here and there? NGL I could see a Battle for the Grid level comeback.

TBH the game needed an extra year in the oven: It clearly wasn't ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom