• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I figured. I still want Mighty Mouse.

So Toph, Raph, and Donnie.
they have to match the stages tho, so unless TMNT is secretly hiding 2 more stages, and unless the Garfield leak isn’t legit…who knows
My favorite so far is Lucy, because of obvious gothic reasons. ^_^
Lucy has been more popular than Lincoln in the game so far reaction wise…weirdly funny
Honestly that's fair. Fighting game devs usually pick characters for their moveset potential rather than importance from what I've observed.
Still, Zuko has plenty to offer so I hope they don't pass him up for DLC.
pretty much. In the server, they said that the characters were picked based off of whether they found them cool or not…without the moveset being thought about (that and they don’t want clone fighters)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went on a big shopping spree! My haul:
  • Splatoon vol 13 (manga)
  • Splatoon: Squid Kids Comedy Show vol 4 (manga)
  • Super Mario: Manga Mania (manga)
  • Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage The Cowardly Dog (movie)

Good day I must say.

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My hopes for DLC
  • Timmy Turner
  • Mr. Crocker
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Professor Calamitous
  • Vlad Plasmius
  • Tak
  • Tlaloc
  • Dib
  • High Five and Miko (Olimar/Alph style)
  • Jenny Wakeman
  • Vexus
  • Plankton
  • Shredder
  • Casey Jones
  • El Tigre
  • Mighty Mouse
  • Gwyn (the main character from Star Trek: Prodigy. The show comes out in October. Surely they can watch the show in time for the dlc).
  • Rocko
Mine:
  • Zuko
  • Katara
  • Azula
  • Sokka
  • Iroh
  • Suki
  • Ty Lee
  • Mai
  • Bumi
  • Appa
  • Momo
  • Cabbage Man
Yes I like Avatar can you tell

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Correction, we technically know of every character but two.

From the box art we have Aang and Korra.

We have an earth kingdom stage that is separate from the other avatar stages, so Toph is very likely in.

We should have two trailers left before release based on what they said. The developers have also said there’s no unlockable characters because they want people to jump in right out of the gate.

Also since a certain leak looks very likely, we know one other character:

Garfield. The models in that leak match one for one to the ones we see in the trailers. So he’s very likely in.

That leaves one more character, but which I would bet is rockko or someone from his show.
I mean, Sandy's stage is Glove World (you'd think that'd be Patrick's.) instead of the Tree Dome. So the Omashu stage could be either Toph or Zuko. Hell, even Azula since her and Aang had a pretty flashy fight scene there. I'm not really sure which of the 3 TMNT characters get which stage, any combination works well. I think the Rooftop stage is Leo's cause is file name was "Moon", but that's a guess.

If the game has DLC, I imagine some characters like Zuko/Toph(depending on who doesn't get in), Raph, Donnie, Shredder ect. would be good for those two series, since those are the two I give the most of a **** about. But outside of that El Tigre or Jenny would be cool. One's a superhero the other's a Robot. ****** would pay big money for Squidward and Mr.Krabs tho.

Can I say how weird and dank it is to be talking even remotely seriously about a Nick fighting game?

Rocko would be fun, but he might be too chill like Arnold.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

What flavors do you think they’re having?
; 3 ; Aw, I love this~! xD As for the flavors...

I think one Luma is having chocolate/marshmallow ice cream, the other Piña Colada and Rosa is maybe having a blueberry/cheesecake flavored one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m not buying it. Not yet. Mostly cause of my Noi bet and I need to stick my ground. But also come on. How can you not do all 4 turtles? What kind of corporate overlord would allow that?
Why?
1631645758049.jpeg

I’m sure Viacom or Nick are well aware of the prospects of DLC, even if they want to wait until the game is out to see if it sells well. Having popular choices locked behind DLC usually helps sell DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, the DLC could literally be half TMNT and half Avatar and I'd probably be happy.

Speaking of TMNT, finding out that "The Foot" was a parody of Daredevil's "The Hand" as a kid felt like my third eye was opened. Which is funny because The Foot Clan is probably more well known still.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen think I reached the shinespark puzzle you thought was mean, and...

While I did had to retry it a couple of time, it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the horrors I saw in Zero Mission.

There was alot of tricky Shinespark puzzle afterward too, but thanks to the power of motivation & looking at the wikia how The Shinespark work I managed to conquer all the one who were in my way!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, I’m officially placing myself off of DIRECT WATCH.

Instead of spending days speculating about when it’ll be, where it’ll be, why it’ll be, etc. I’m just gonna not think about it until it comes/doesn’t come.

Now, some would say I should’ve been doing this in the first place. My answer to that is

Shut up :nifty:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, Sandy's stage is Glove World (you'd think that'd be Patrick's.) instead of the Tree Dome. So the Omashu stage could be either Toph or Zuko. Hell, even Azula since her and Aang had a pretty flashy fight scene there. I'm not really sure which of the 3 TMNT characters get which stage, any combination works well. I think the Rooftop stage is Leo's cause is file name was "Moon", but that's a guess.

If the game has DLC, I imagine some characters like Zuko/Toph(depending on who doesn't get in), Raph, Donnie, Shredder ect. would be good for those two series, since those are the two I give the most of a ** about. But outside of that El Tigre or Jenny would be cool. One's a superhero the other's a Robot. **** would pay big money for Squidward and Mr.Krabs tho.

Can I say how weird and dank it is to be talking even remotely seriously about a Nick fighting game?

Rocko would be fun, but he might be too chill like Arnold.
That is a fair point. Personally though I think the Spongebob stages are what they are because it wouldn’t be that unique if it was

“let’s fight outside Spongebob’s house”

“Let’s fight at Sandy’s house”

At least with what we have, it focuses on some iconic locations.

Also for the TMNT characters, it seems based on their trailer associations, April’s is the Rooftop, Michaelangelo’s is the Technodrome and Leonardo’s is the sewers.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Pokemon, is there a reason my copy of Omega Ruby is bricked as ****? Apparently other people have been having this issue with their 3DS Pokemon games specifically and I know mine is now and almost bricked my system.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright, I’m officially placing myself off of DIRECT WATCH.

Instead of spending days speculating about when it’ll be, where it’ll be, why it’ll be, etc. I’m just gonna not think about it until it comes/doesn’t come.

Now, some would say I should’ve been doing this in the first place. My answer to that is

Shut up :nifty:
But What If…

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That is a fair point. Personally though I think the Spongebob stages are what they are because it wouldn’t be that unique if it was

“let’s fight outside Spongebob’s house”

“Let’s fight at Sandy’s house”

At least with what we have, it focuses on some iconic locations.

Also for the TMNT characters, it seems based on their trailer associations, April’s is the Rooftop, Michaelangelo’s is the Technodrome and Leonardo’s is the sewers.
I can get that, but I am surprised that Spongebob's isn't the Krusty Krab, I would've expected that before his house.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NASB discord speculation chat got archived and muted due to someone leaking out all the stages
ADE61107-1710-4AF4-BBCC-B499098E4167.gif
so watch out from that one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can get that, but I am surprised that Spongebob's isn't the Krusty Krab, I would've expected that before his house.
Honesty so am I. The Krusty Krab could be really fun. Tables could be platforms, , maybe as references to other episodes, we see random events play out in the background like all the fish swarming the restaurant in the first episode, or Fred breaking his leg. A lot of unique elements could be in that.

Maybe instead of Rocko we actually get like Mr Krabs and that’s his home stage.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, overall gaming news has been pretty consistent, so it's not a huge deal about the lack of a Nintendo Direct. And one of the exclusive games I care about the most is Metroid Dread and that's getting consistent info out there as it is. So no problems there. I would like to see more info on the Mario Party All-Star thing I guess. And obviously the last Smash character(please be someone I actually like, other than Kaz and Min-Min).

Honesty so am I. The Krusty Krab could be really fun. Tables could be platforms, , maybe as references to other episodes, we see random events play out in the background like all the fish swarming the restaurant in the first episode, or Fred breaking his leg. A lot of unique elements could be in that.

Maybe instead of Rocko we actually get like Mr Krabs and that’s his home stage.
I want Mr.Krabs to have a Mist Step, at the very least.

lmao who's leaking nickelodeon smash bros???
They have to do something now that the Nintendo Ninjas got their training arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom