• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's almost like it's pointless to objectively compare games against each other when the enjoyment you get from them is inherently subjective and examining them regarding their individual strengths and weaknesses gives more organic critiques than simple and reductive "best/worst" labels.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's almost like it's pointless to objectively compare games against each other when the enjoyment you get from them is inherently subjective and examining them regarding their individual strengths and weaknesses gives more organic critiques than simple and reductive "best/worst" labels.
Letting people enjoy things and have their own opinion even if different from the norm? In the age of the internet?

Lol, thanks for the joke ya comedian.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Noipoi Noipoi

I heard you like cartoons

Funny animal mascots

You think they keep you safe from...us

Ha

HA HA

YOU THINK YOUR CEREAL BOX MASCOTS ARE SAFE FROM US?

THAT THEY TOO, WON'T BE ABSORBED INTO THE HIVEMIND? BECOME ONE WITH THE NEW REGIME?

We have already won.

The new world order, here at last! Resistance is futile! For...

YOU WILL ALL BE ANIME IN THE END

ALL WILL BE...KAWAII

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Noipoi Noipoi

I heard you like cartoons

Funny animal mascots

You think they keep you safe from...us

Ha

HA HA

YOU THINK YOUR CEREAL BOX MASCOTS ARE SAFE FROM US?

THAT THEY TOO, WON'T BE ABSORBED INTO THE HIVEMIND? BECOME ONE WITH THE NEW REGIME?

We have already won.

The new world order, here at last! Resistance is futile! For...

YOU WILL ALL BE ANIME IN THE END

ALL WILL BE...KAWAII
Japanese kawaii culture was a huge part of why older games were full of "cereal mascots".

They were never safe from anime.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I hope to God & Lesser God that there is never a official crossover between Paper Mario & Pokemon.

MooMew64

I hope to God & Lesser God that there is never a official crossover between Paper Mario & Pokemon.
For maximum effect, Sonic and Animal Crossing also join in on the fun!

The battle system is Sticker Star's, the Pokedex is still not every single Pokémon, Sonic says the words "Baldy McNose Hair" while still being voiced by Roger, and Animal Crossing content omits Brewster.

Spirited discussions await!:4wario2:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For maximum effect, Sonic and Animal Crossing also join in on the fun!

The battle system is Sticker Star's, the Pokedex is still not every single Pokémon, Sonic says the words "Baldy McNose Hair" while still being voiced by Roger, and Animal Crossing content omits Brewster.

Spirited discussions await!:4wario2:
Should have changed Roger to Ben Schwartz but otherwise, yeah.

May god have some mercy of us.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

MooMew64

Anyways,

Animal Crossing fans when that one feature in New Leaf they'd use for three minutes and then forget about isn't immediately in New Horizons, suddenly making the game "rushed" and "incomplete":

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
btw, to make sure, I got nothin' against Ben, I was just tryin' to be funny because as we all know, everythin' that exist when it come to Sonic is controversial. So really, you're bound to make peoples mad no matter who voices Sonic.

Brief, I killed the joke, but it was dead already, so now it's just dust, see ya all.

MooMew64

btw, to make sure, I got nothin' against Ben, I was just tryin' to be funny because as we all know, everythin' that exist when it come to Sonic is controversial. So really, you're bound to make peoples mad no matter who voices Sonic.

Brief, I killed the joke, but it was dead already, so now it's just dust, see ya all.
My joke was only based on how a tooooon of people lately in the Sonic community adore Jason and there's a decent amount of distaste for Roger, lol.

Like, for real, one of the very first mods you'll see for any 3D Sonic game is either a Jason voice mod, or a combination of Jason voice mod with a porting of the Unleashed model. It's a free space on the Sonic mods bingo card.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My joke was only based on how a tooooon of people lately in the Sonic community adore Jason and there's a decent amount of distaste for Roger, lol.

Like, for real, one of the very first mods you'll see for any 3D Sonic game is either a Jason voice mod, or a combination of Jason voice mod with a porting of the Unleashed model. It's a free space on the Sonic mods bingo card.
Yeah I know, but that aside, I do like how each of Sonic VA give different yet still rather iconic voice to the character. The first few try can be a bit meh, but I say all of them got much better toward the end of their roles....well beside Roger who managed to come back to life Jason-style. (not that Jason, the other, zombie-like one)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seems I'm gonna have to make some dietary changes and give up on soda like my favorite mountain dew notably and candy because past few weeks been having acid refluxes and might be developing esophagitis feeling this mild pain between my stomach and chest.

Could be tied to my bowel syndrome as well.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Apparently a free update for Mario Golf Super Rush was released.

And people are saying that it's handling its free content updates better than Mario Tennis Aces or Animal Crossing New Horizons.

D

Deleted member

Anyways,

Animal Crossing fans when that one feature in New Leaf they'd use for three minutes and then forget about isn't immediately in New Horizons, suddenly making the game "rushed" and "incomplete":
Wow, it's almost like different people like different things in games, Not gonna lie, at this point I'm getting fed up with all those "x fans when..." jokes, after a while it just comes across as bitter and mean spirited when it's happening all the time.

And as for Animal Crossing specifically, it does feel incomplete. Rushed? No, the game was already delayed, yet it' still missing a ton, besides just furniture sets. A lot of additional buildings were removed, which goes against the whole "create your own island" theme the game had going for it. What's the point when there's no fortune teller, police station, cafe or any of the other buildings to deck out your island? Redd had to be added in a post-launch update, someone who was a staple since the first game. Nookling's only has one upgrade, and it's still worse than any of the other fully upgraded stores from the older games and a lot of other characters who had a store have been relegated to being random visitors, like Gracie or Leif. They don't even let us fully upgrade the side rooms of our house anymore either, being stuck with a 6x6 grid.

Hell, talking about the police station, they made Isabelle give a speech every morning, yet she never actually says anything useful, even when visiting her in the town hall. Why did they get rid of announcing special visitors (which also has quite a few missing, mind you)? It's such a basic feature, yet not there.

And arguably the most important part, the villagers, were neutered to hell. I'm not sure what they've done with them in this game, but they feel so repetitive, like, they don't even ask to visit you anymore. And even just asking for favors only happens once in a blue moon. This is the first AC game where I stopped caring about talking to them, because of how stale they feel. Like, no, I don't care hearing about your handbag collection all the time when talking to you.

The game certainly looks nice, but it wasn't worth losing so many features over. And even when things might seem pointless, it's a slow life sim, a game like this lives on its flavor, too. Sure, you don't need, for example, the police station a lot, but it still helps to flesh out your town. A lot of small things do add up after a while.

But sure, it's totally about features that were only used for three minutes and not how hollow the whole package feels. If you enjoy it, fine, more power to you, no one's saying you aren't allowed, but acting like it can't be criticized is not the way to go.

Was it worth it spending this much time on a text about "funny animal game"? No, but I had to get it off my chest at this point. Don't get me wrong, I like Animal Crossing, I even like New Horizons, even if it might not sound like it and I admit it had a lot of QoL improvements, but content wise, it certainly feels weaker than New Leaf, a 3DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom