• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it's the Ganondorf whose body we saw in the Breath of the Wild 2 trailer.
So are you telling me Zelda and Link knowingly trap Ganon down there in the chamber of souls or whatever the **** that was?

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
So are you telling me Zelda and Link knowingly trap Ganon down there in the chamber of souls or whatever the **** that was?
I haven't gotten to the demo yet, but from what I've heard Age of Calamity might take place in an alternate timeline. I don't really know what to think. Guess we'll see what goes on when it launches November 20th.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I haven't gotten to the demo yet, but from what I've heard Age of Calamity might take place in an alternate timeline. I don't really know what to think. Guess we'll see what goes on when it launches November 20th.
Alternate timeline, you say? I have a feeling it's gonna end up being canon and everyone dies anyway, but I can't really tell you otherwise.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Alternate timeline, you say? I have a feeling it's gonna end up being canon and everyone dies anyway, but I can't really tell you otherwise.
I think people are saying it because in the Demo apparently Egg Guardian boi travels back in time to warn of the Calamity. I don't think that contradicts BoTW. What if Egg boi is the fortune teller mentioned in BoTW?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think people are saying it because in the Demo apparently Egg Guardian boi travels back in time to warn of the Calamity. I don't think that contradicts BoTW. What if Egg boi is the fortune teller mentioned in BoTW?
I played the demo and he does, he wakes up after Zelda finally awakens her powers and just ****ing dips in a little portal. However, a little bit of malice did follow him into the past from what I saw, so maybe that also plays into the story.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I played the demo and he does, he wakes up after Zelda finally awakens her powers and just ****ing dips in a little portal. However, a little bit of malice did follow him into the past from what I saw, so maybe that also plays into the story.
I hope Egg boi doesn't turn evil and have to be killed by Link. That would be horrible, but I have a gut feeling that may be what happens.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I know how to fix the issue I was having with X-Men Legends 2, with the stash item bug. I got a lot further. I'm still on Act 3 tho. It's a lot harder to re-balance characters to get the same level in that game compared to MUA3, that's for sure. Deadpool's still about 5 levels behind the rest of my main team, being Rogue, Storm and Wolverine, but Deadpool's damn useful with his healing factor, and projectiles with his guns. I'll try to level grind with him and a few others for a bit so he can catch up some more. Nightcrawler and Iron Man are also pretty great in this game.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So a while back, I bought several Assassin's Creed games (specifically the first game, second game, Brotherhood, Revelations, Chronicles: China, Syndicate, and Origins) when that series was having a Steam sale, and I've spent the past couple weeks marathoning through them. Here's my thoughts on the ones I've gotten through so far...
  • Assassin's Creed I - My first experience with this series was through Black Flag and Rogue (both of which I loved), so jumping back earlier to this game was odd, though I got used to it quickly. I liked it well enough, though it clearly feels like something that would need further refinement. I'd actually be interested in seeing Ubisoft go back to this game and give it the remake treatment, because with today's technology and practices and some ironing out the more notable flaws, I could see this being even better than how it initially turned out. The setting in particular would really benefit from some additional color, since this game came out when washed-out and drab color palettes that were used for "realism" were all the rage.
  • Assassin's Creed II - I was especially looking forward to playing this game, because I've always heard that it was way better than the first and a great game overall... and everyone was right, because I ended up loving it way more. It improves on everything in the first game and then some. I loved the beautiful Italian Renaissance setting, I loved the plot filled with political intrigue and revenge, I loved the voice acting from everyone involved, and I especially loved Ezio. I hope this game (and the other two entries in the "Ezio Trilogy") eventually gets a Switch port, which I can use as an excuse to play through the game again and maybe 100% it.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Also ended up loving this game and everything it brought, such as the setting change to the equally beautiful Rome, more weapons, segments where you use proto-tanks and proto-machine guns, a much better main villain than the one from II, the ability to call in your own personal Assassin attack squad... not much to say other than, well... I loved this game, man.
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations - This one, I think is probably the weakest of the "Ezio Trilogy", since it doesn't bring as much improvement as Brotherhood did... but that's not saying much, because I still loved it. Not only are you an older and wiser Ezio running around in Istanbul not Constantinople, but this game also sometimes revisits Altaïr from the first game, and while I initially thought he was just alright, Revelations and its story make me love Altaïr as a character, almost as much as I love Ezio.
Here's to the Ezio Trilogy, and more Assassin's Creed game in general getting (non-Cloud streaming) Switch ports, as well as Ezio getting into Smash to properly rep the Altaïr series Assassin's Creed series.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
So a while back, I bought several Assassin's Creed games (specifically the first game, second game, Brotherhood, Revelations, Chronicles: China, Syndicate, and Origins) when that series was having a Steam sale, and I've spent the past couple weeks marathoning through them. Here's my thoughts on the ones I've gotten through so far...
  • Assassin's Creed I - My first experience with this series was through Black Flag and Rogue (both of which I loved), so jumping back earlier to this game was odd, though I got used to it quickly. I liked it well enough, though it clearly feels like something that would need further refinement. I'd actually be interested in seeing Ubisoft go back to this game and give it the remake treatment, because with today's technology and practices and some ironing out the more notable flaws, I could see this being even better than how it initially turned out. The setting in particular would really benefit from some additional color, since this game came out when washed-out and drab color palettes that were used for "realism" were all the rage.
  • Assassin's Creed II - I was especially looking forward to playing this game, because I've always heard that it was way better than the first and a great game overall... and everyone was right, because I ended up loving it way more. It improves on everything in the first game and then some. I loved the beautiful Italian Renaissance setting, I loved the plot filled with political intrigue and revenge, I loved the voice acting from everyone involved, and I especially loved Ezio. I hope this game (and the other two entries in the "Ezio Trilogy") eventually gets a Switch port, which I can use as an excuse to play through the game again and maybe 100% it.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Also ended up loving this game and everything it brought, such as the setting change to the equally beautiful Rome, more weapons, segments where you use proto-tanks and proto-machine guns, a much better main villain than the one from II, the ability to call in your own personal Assassin attack squad... not much to say other than, well... I loved this game, man.
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations - This one, I think is probably the weakest of the "Ezio Trilogy", since it doesn't bring as much improvement as Brotherhood did... but that's not saying much, because I still loved it. Not only are you an older and wiser Ezio running around in Istanbul not Constantinople, but this game also sometimes revisits Altaïr from the first game, and while I initially thought he was just alright, Revelations and its story make me love Altaïr as a character, almost as much as I love Ezio.
Here's to the Ezio Trilogy, and more Assassin's Creed game in general getting (non-Cloud streaming) Switch ports, as well as Ezio getting into Smash to properly rep the Altaïr series Assassin's Creed series.
I actually have the Xbox 360 versions of 1, 2, 3, and Brotherhood. Might pop them into my Xbox One X sometime and play them.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I actually have the Xbox 360 versions of 1, 2, 3, and Brotherhood. Might pop them into my Xbox One X sometime and play them.
Microsoft put out a list of games that the Series X/S can play through backwards compatibility, and all those are on it.

I'm actually considering getting a Series X (would've gone for Series S if it had a disc-drive) just for the backwards compatibility alone. Seems like a great chance to jump into the Xbox library and play certain games I was interested in playing but never got to due to not owning an Xbox console, with the added benefit of almost everything running buttery-smooth.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's come full-circle. Like if they got Ridley Scott to direct a Metroid film.

Though yeah, I'd like to think this will turn out better than the sequel to the first film. That film's quality took a nosedive the instant they killed off Mako. Like, what the hell was that for?
I remember seeing that scene and getting pretty deflated about it. I know why they did it since the trope of losing a loved one to motivate the hero is as old as dirt, but killing Mako off after watching her grow in the first movie was very disappointing since it felt like they threw away a good character that still had more to give. It also didn't help that Jake wasn't as compelling as a protagonist, so trying to have him fill her shoes just didn't work and it bogged down the movie even further.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Microsoft put out a list of games that the Series X/S can play through backwards compatibility, and all those are on it.

I'm actually considering getting a Series X (would've gone for Series S if it had a disc-drive) just for the backwards compatibility alone. Seems like a great chance to jump into the Xbox library and play certain games I was interested in playing but never got to due to not owning an Xbox console, with the added benefit of almost everything running buttery-smooth.
Not too interested in Series X right now. Just plan to stick with my Xbox One X for now. Kinda interested in PS5 but not in a rush for it either.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My sleep schedule is slowly becoming worse, so I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight and sleeping early tomorrow night as I usually do when stuff like this happens. Thankfully I have No More Heroes to keep me company.

D

Deleted member

Is it wrong I do not watch mini directs anymore?

I do watch large directs, but I get so distracted and bored easily. I do look at the news for the mini directs, but I do not know. I am unsure how to feel about watching eighteen minutes of advertisements for games that I may not play. The games look great, though. I will have to see more about them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Falcon Aw My Gawd.png

I DID IT, I FREAKIN' DID IT, I BEATED AKRHAM ON DMD WITHOUT USING A SINGLE ITEMS.

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT I HAD ONLY A SINGLE PIXEL OF HEALTH LEFT, YET I DID IT.

MOTHER ****ING MOTIVATION, SON.

Tho I did have to watch videos on Youtube to help me find a good stragegy, but come on, it's Arkham, no one going to judge me on that one.

also, it took much less time & try than Time Horse, than should tell alot about that ******.

BUT YEAH, ONLY 1 MISSIONS LEFT, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

D

Deleted member

I hope Egg boi doesn't turn evil and have to be killed by Link. That would be horrible, but I have a gut feeling that may be what happens.
I mean there is one scene where there is a small glimpse of a "evil egg guardian" so I don't think that'll happen.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
After I beat Breath of the Wild (again) and Age of Calamity I'll probably replay through Majora's Mask. It and Breath of the Wild are the two best Zelda games IMO.
Wind Waker is my personal favorite but MM and BotW are still easily in my top five. The 3DS version of the former isn't nearly as bad as some of the purists think, IMO.

D

Deleted member

After I beat Breath of the Wild (again) and Age of Calamity I'll probably replay through Majora's Mask. It and Breath of the Wild are the two best Zelda games IMO.
Honestly BOTW is the only Zelda game I've ever actually completed lol

In general I tend to never "complete" games... no.. I usually ****ed around for hours as a kid and never understood what the hell I'm supposed to do(especially in the bigger games like Kingdom Hearts Re:coded)

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Wind Waker is my personal favorite but MM and BotW are still easily in my top five. The 3DS version of the former isn't nearly as bad as some of the purists think, IMO.
Yeah, the 3DS version is the one I've played. I actually own all the Zelda games in one way or another, except the OG Four Swords:

The Legend of Zelda - NES Classic, 3DS, and Switch
The Adventure of Link - NES Classic and Switch
Link to the Past - SNES Classic, my old Wii I don't use anymore, 3DS, and Switch
Link's Awakening - 3DS and Switch remake
Ocarina of Time - 3DS
Majora's Mask - 3DS
Oracle of Ages - 3DS
Oracle of Seasons - 3DS
Four Swords Adventures - GameCube
Wind Waker - Wii U remaster
Minish Cap - Wii U
Twilight Princess - Wii and Wii U version
Phantom Hourglass - Wii U
Spirit Tracks - Wii U
Skyward Sword - Wii
Link Between Worlds - 3DS
Tri Force Heroes - 3DS
Breath of the Wild - Switch

Also have the GameCube Zelda Collector's Edition, Cadence of Hyrule (not the DLC yet though), Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, and the Zelda encyclopedia they released. Want to get the other Zelda books sometimes too.

So yeah, I'm not a huge Zelda fan or anything lol.

EDIT: I actually built this collection over several years. I never actually originally beat Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, or Majora's Mask until 2019.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah, the 3DS version is the one I've played. I actually own all the Zelda games in one way or another, except the OG Four Swords:

The Legend of Zelda - NES Classic, 3DS, and Switch
The Adventure of Link - NES Classic and Switch
Link to the Past - SNES Classic, my old Wii I don't use anymore, 3DS, and Switch
Link's Awakening - 3DS and Switch remake
Ocarina of Time - 3DS
Majora's Mask - 3DS
Oracle of Ages - 3DS
Oracle of Seasons - 3DS
Four Swords Adventures - GameCube
Wind Waker - Wii U remaster
Minish Cap - Wii U
Twilight Princess - Wii and Wii U version
Phantom Hourglass - Wii U
Spirit Tracks - Wii U
Skyward Sword - Wii
Link Between Worlds - 3DS
Tri Force Heroes - 3DS
Breath of the Wild - Switch

Also have the GameCube Zelda Collector's Edition, Cadence of Hyrule (not the DLC yet though), Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, and the Zelda encyclopedia they released. Want to get the other Zelda books sometimes too.

So yeah, I'm not a huge Zelda fan or anything lol.
I don't see why anyone would assume you were...haha.

Still, that's a pretty sizeable collection.

D

Deleted member

The only Zelda games I played were the Phantom Hourglass tutorial when I was a child, Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, BotW, a bit of a Link To The Past, BotW, Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening.

Really want to play Minish Cap.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
The only Zelda games I played were the Phantom Hourglass tutorial when I was a child, Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, BotW, a bit of a Link To The Past, BotW, Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening.

Really want to play Minish Cap.
Minish Cap is fun. A little tedious to 100%, but still fun. It's on the Wii U Virtual Console for under $10.

D

Deleted member

It's raining heavily this morning and I dislike it. It's very gloomy outside.
It's been pouring so bad here too

Like.. damn.. for a huge rain cloud(the size of around 15 states) it's not really that bad. Just gloomy and with some chance of flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom