• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash World Destruction Series

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Put a Strike rule,with Final Destionation,SmashVille,Battlefield,Yoshi's and Delfino.

Each team ban 2 stages and play the only one left.

smasher123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Futurama2100
may i suggest to play on bridge of eldin, it's bigger and PERFECT for team battles!!!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Bridge of Eldin sucks.

Here you only need to Chain grab your enemy to the end off the stage and GGS.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
for the stages,your guys can't put only 1 stage.

Falco and Ice Climbers are broken on Final Destionation,unless they face a MK.
Falco will only spam lasers and ICs will infinite anyone.

It's necessary at least 3 stages.

BattleField,Final Destination and SmashVille.

Yoshi's,Lylat and Delfino for counterpick.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Sha man ;)

Oh and does anybody KNOW when the next tourney/doubles event will be??
:phone:

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Yes, what is Obstacle Course, Shadowmaster?

for the stages,your guys can't put only 1 stage.

Falco and Ice Climbers are broken on Final Destionation,unless they face a MK.
Falco will only spam lasers and ICs will infinite anyone.

It's necessary at least 3 stages.

BattleField,Final Destination and SmashVille.

Yoshi's,Lylat and Delfino for counterpick.
ICs can infinite on any stage if they get a grab. Certainly, the lack of platforms makes it harder to avoid being grabbed, but people should know how to avoid grabs on FD because that is a very real threat that needs to be prepared for.

Also, take a step back here. It's highly unlikely that the partner of whomever is being CGd by the ICs will just stand around and do nothing. This is a doubles tournament; infinites are hardly a viable option.

Last edited:
3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Actually Ice climbers can't really infinite grab on all stages they are best when the stage is plain but choose a moving course and you made a real challenge to them....

2 ice climbers grabbing both the enemyies :)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
-> Says that the enemy needs to learn how to not get grabbed by ICs on FD.
-> Main ICs

ICs can infinite on any stage if they get a grab. Certainly, the lack of platforms makes it harder to avoid being grabbed, but people should know how to avoid grabs on FD because that is a very real threat that needs to be prepared for.
That's not true,people ban FD against ICs.

I agree with you about the doubles thing,but having more than 1 stage is really important,doubles needs stage strike.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
You're right. FD is the first stage to get banned against ICs, and it's important to have multiple stages in a tournament. But this isn't exactly a hardcore competitive tournament. It's more like friendlies in tourney form.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
hm...

Will you be happy if I just run away of you and spam eggs like a ****** on FD?

Yoshi do it against ICs in that stage.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
I'm not defending the FD-only rule in any way. I already told you, I agree that multiple stages would be better.

But Yoshi can spam eggs if he'd like. Desynced Ice Blocks should be more than enough to keep him at bay.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm not defending the FD-only rule in any way. I already told you, I agree that multiple stages would be better.

However... Yoshi can spam eggs if he'd like. Desynched Ice Blocks should be more than enough to keep him at bay.

But by all means, he can try. :laugh:
- Ice Blocks gives 1%/2% each one and aren't fast.

- Eggs gives 8%/9% each one,are faster than ice blocks,gives 5 third jumps on air that can help avoiding Ice Blocks,and can separate Nana from Popo.

What projectile win in this MU?

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Yoshi has a better projectile but ice climbers are way better than yoshi....

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
- Ice Blocks gives 1%/2% each one and aren't fast.

- Eggs gives 8%/9% each one,are faster than ice blocks,gives 5 third jumps on air that can help avoiding Ice Blocks,and can separate Nana from Popo.

What projectile win in this MU?
Because the IBs are desynced, you can't short hop eggs without getting hit by at least one of them. Sure, eggs do more damage, but they're easy to avoid.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yoshi has a better projectile but ice climbers are way better than yoshi....

We are discussing the MU,not who is better.
Also the MU is even.

The key word was "desynched." You can't short hop eggs without getting hit by at least one of the Ice Blocks, and then I'm guaranteed to land a few more because of their knockback. Sure, eggs do more damage, but they can't lock for any period of time and they're easy to avoid.

Plus, you can not say that eggs will go faster than Ice Blocks. The startup lag is way too high for them to have any speed, while the Ice Blocks will come rather rapidly if desynched after the first one reaches you.

And the projectile game is really irrelevant because you can't camp and SH eggs anyway, I can come at you with SH desynched Blizzard -> grab -> KO.
You're right.
But I didn't meant spaming eggs all the match.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
The key word was "desynched." You can't short hop eggs without getting hit by at least one of the Ice Blocks, and then I'm guaranteed to land a few more because of their knockback. Sure, eggs do more damage, but they can't lock for any period of time and they're easy to avoid.

Plus, you can not say that eggs will go faster than Ice Blocks. The startup lag is way too high for them to have any speed, while the Ice Blocks will come rather rapidly if desynched after the first one reaches you.

And the projectile game is really irrelevant because you can't camp and SH eggs anyway, I can come at you with SH desynched Blizzard -> grab -> KO.
The whole point of camping in this game is to do damage and/or stay safe for periods of time. Yoshi can indeed camp from his SH, forcing you to shield and disrupt your desynch, thus making you have to desynch again, which might give him an opening. That doesn't always go as planned, as this game comes down to the simple rock-paper-scissors anyway, and whoever makes the better decisions is the one who wins. If yoshi can execute well, he can be a threat I assume. If the ICs know they're grabs and get them, they can be a threat as always. The projectiles aren't what makes this MU, it's the characters, and then the players.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
SOME THINGS

1. Don't double post. Consider this your first and final warning, I haven't had to infract for those in literally years but I'm not above bringing it back. THAT BEING SAID, there are times where a double post is acceptable, like when there's a major update to a tournament and there hasn't been a post in at least 2 hours. Any sooner than that, and whomp, infract'd.

2. If you don't like the rules of a particular tournament, don't harass the host maliciously. Its his tournament and he's free to use whatever rules he sees fit. I'm not saying if you disagree with a rule that you can't talk to him about it, but also don't be a ****.

Have fun hombres

Actually, I saw a lot of mods visiting this thread. To tell you the truth, somehow, when I and a moderator are alone watching this, i feel a little... guilty instead of being absolutely innocent. Whatever, to all the entrants: Start making teams for the doubles! And Richard, i ment if you want to team up with me here since i will compete too

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
alt! Can somebody tell me what's going on here?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not much, we just managed to get into a debate over the ICs vs. Yoshi MU.

The whole point of camping in this game is to do damage and/or stay safe for periods of time. Yoshi can indeed camp from his SH, forcing you to shield and disrupt your desynch, thus making you have to desynch again, which might give him an opening. That doesn't always go as planned, as this game comes down to the simple rock-paper-scissors anyway, and whoever makes the better decisions is the one who wins. If yoshi can execute well, he can be a threat I assume. If the ICs know they're grabs and get them, they can be a threat as always. The projectiles aren't what makes this MU, it's the characters, and then the players.
This is true. You hit the nail on the head with this post. But keep in mind that this is a doubles tourney. Camping isn't nearly as viable in doubles as it is in singles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom