• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know there are masochists out there willing to take on the challenge. :p
Not me. Odds are, the Calamity Ganon will be saved for dead last in my book, since you'll definitely want to improve your inventory in every way. And of course, the Master Sword is the supposed key to defeating the Calamity Ganon anyway.

I'm already just trying to write down the best ways to handle each enemy encounter, which includes using the Sheikah Slate to record their HP; that would give me an idea on which weapons should be used to take them down. If the foe's HP is too high, then I would record its location for later when I've acquired a strong enough weapon to take it down.

Of course, the biggest question is knowing if there are weapons that can deal 60+ damage to an enemy, as such weapons can potentially take down a 500 HP Guardian in just 9 hits or less.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Not me. Odds are, the Calamity Ganon will be saved for dead last in my book, since you'll definitely want to improve your inventory in every way. And of course, the Master Sword is the supposed key to defeating the Calamity Ganon anyway.

I'm already just trying to write down the best ways to handle each enemy encounter, which includes using the Sheikah Slate to record their HP; that would give me an idea on which weapons should be used to take them down. If the foe's HP is too high, then I would record its location for later when I've acquired a strong enough weapon to take it down.

Of course, the biggest question is knowing if there are weapons that can deal 60+ damage to an enemy, as such weapons can potentially take down a 500 HP Guardian in just 9 hits or less.
It's been confirmed that you don't need the Master Sword to defeat Ganon. The game apparently has more of a Chrono Trigger structure to it- you can fight him at any point, it's just likely that you'll wait 'til the end to do it.

Anyway be sure to look forward to my naked vegan 3 heart stick run. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's been confirmed that you don't need the Master Sword to defeat Ganon. The game apparently has more of a Chrono Trigger structure to it- you can fight him at any point, it's just likely that you'll wait 'til the end to do it.
I guess my thought is to explore every single part of the game, since you'll probably need every kind of advantage out there if you want to take down the Calamity Ganon.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Fire Emblem Warriors! I've always wanted this ever since Hyrule Warriors. It makes sense and thats why I predicted it happening. FE is really the only other Nintendo franchise you can make a dynasty warriors style game out of (that I can think of/know of) since it has many units and characters to choose from that engage in combat. And the story would be amazing, to see all of the FE worlds/kingdoms and characters interact with each other.
I want to see ALL if not most of the main Lords - especially my boys Marth, Ike, Hector, and Ephraim. And its obvious there will be fan favorites - but I also hope for more obscure characters to get some spotlight in the game.
I would like to see characters like Owain, Joshua, Jaffar, Caeda, Florina, Ninian, Mia, Titania, the list goes on. There are so many characters that could be in the game. And the characters don't have to necessarily fighters either - Ninian for example could work out somehow even though she's a dancer. Hyrule Warriors made it work with characters that don't fight, like Tingle lol. I'm just afraid that it'll be mostly fan favorites and known characters. Which is fine, but I want to see more obscure characters and unexpected picks. Hyrule Warriors has some unexpected characters.

Man, I'm so hyped.
Gimme Eddie, Mia, Roy, and Nephenee and I'm solid

...add Lucina too

Last edited by a moderator:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I think Lucina was like, the only character confirmed in the teaser. Makes sense since she's, what, the most popular FE character in the world?

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I think Lucina was like, the only character confirmed in the teaser. Makes sense since she's, what, the most popular FE character in the world?
Lucina wasn't even confirmed, it was Chrom in the teaser trailer. We don't know much yet and the upcoming FE direct will most likely tell us more info. Crossing my fingers, I have high hopes for this game. I really hope that FE13 and FE14 characters don't just flood the roster, and that the older games will get love too.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Ah. My memory was a bit hazy so I just assumed that they teased Lucina. Either way, judging by how Hyrule Warriors was treated, I think FEW will have a good number of older, not as popular FE characters. That itself should be interesting.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a feeling that Fire Emblem Warriors will focus on the characters from five different Fire Emblem installments.

1: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Marth's timeline)
2: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Roy's timeline)
3: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn (Ike's timeline)
4: Fire Emblem Awakening (Chrom's timeline)
5: Fire Emblem Fates (Corrin's timeline)

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I have a feeling that Fire Emblem Warriors will focus on the characters from five different Fire Emblem installments.

1: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Marth's timeline)
2: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Roy's timeline)
3: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn (Ike's timeline)
4: Fire Emblem Awakening (Chrom's timeline)
5: Fire Emblem Fates (Corrin's timeline)
Thats a possibility, but I really hope its not just those 5. I want to see Jugdral and Valentia too, with Sigurd/Seliph and Alm/Celica. And of course, Magvel/Sacred Stones with Eirika and Ephraim, and FE7 with Eliwood, Lyndis, and Hector.
I have a bad feeling they'll just do those you mentioned but I really hope not. I hope they cater to the newer players and veterans/classic games

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There's a Fire Emblem Direct!? "Goes to check Serenes Forest"

It'll probably just cover the upcoming mobile game (please no Kozaki art :3) and maybe confirm some details regarding Warriors. Just give me the Corrin amiibo already so I can be one step further in completing my collection.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thats a possibility, but I really hope its not just those 5. I want to see Jugdral and Valentia too, with Sigurd/Seliph and Alm/Celica. And of course, Magvel/Sacred Stones with Eirika and Ephraim, and FE7 with Eliwood, Lyndis, and Hector.
I have a bad feeling they'll just do those you mentioned but I really hope not. I hope they cater to the newer players and veterans/classic games
It's still a strong hunch when you look at the teaser trailer though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So guys, based on Inklings now being playable in the new MK8 Deluxe, what do you think their chances are for being in Smash Deluxe (I'm bringing that up until we get an official name)?

Thanks to whoever edited my post. Not sure how that didn't came out wrong :/

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This..... is a screenshot from a Twitch stream I'm watching.
Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 11.14.18 PM.png
That's all I have to say.. You can.... go watch the stream.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
So I've pretty much worked out what my "game schedule" will be with 2017. Breath of the Wild and Bomberman R at launch, as each is a definitive single-player and multiplayer experience respectively. Then, in Spring, Mario Kart 8 DX, Arms, and Sonic Mania- and I'll probably buy a set of neon joy cons (my gf wanted the gray bundle since it reminds her of the NES, and well, she was the one with the money to pre-order it). Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey will cap off the year, which is good because they're far apart and I'm not made of money. >_>

This year is gonna be good. I still can't believe there's a new Bomberman in less than 2 months. That's so absurd to me. That was proooobably the biggest surprise they had, well, unless you ask my roommates and gf, who say Xenoblade 2 is the biggest shocker.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The more I keep hearing about the Switch the less appealing it becomes. Especially everything that has to do with online, but we lack too many details for me to condemn it entirely.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Completed BirthRight. I became rather reckless by the last few chapters and sacrificed a lot of characters to end the chapters quickly.

Final rating is that it doesn't come close to Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. But I enjoyed it more than Sacred Stones.
The story was good. Slightly predictable, but it has enough feels to make up for it I'd say.
The characters are good. Though I ended up not caring much for any of the Hoshidan Royal Family.
Favourite characters by endgame were the four horsewomen of the apocalypse, err, the four women who were killing machines - Oboro, Hana, Setsuna, and Mozu.
The music was the best I've seen in the franchise. No game comes close. Absolutely none.

And lastly, are the 56 hours I've spent on it worth it? The answer is a resounding Yes.

------

Now to play Pokémon Sun. Alola, here I come.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We might as well be concerned about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe not doing well now. It has absolutely nothing new in the race tracks department (and it actually is confirmed that only the 48 tracks from Mario Kart 8 are returning), and the only new thing is the revamped Battle Mode.

This really is a bad start, since you'd expect the Switch port to at least offer more Switch exclusive contents; even 16 Switch exclusive tracks (8 new and 8 retro) could've been considered.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Hmm. Probably gonna pass up MK8 Deluxe, then. As much as new racers and a good battle mode might be, I don't think it'd entirely be worth it until there's a price drop. I was expecting new race tracks, and while I love MK8, I don't love it that much. That being said, I'm not concerned about it not doing well- there's plenty of people who love Mario Kart who didn't have a Wii U. There's a lot of people who just didn't have a Wii U, so if Switch does well, it will as well.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
We might as well be concerned about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe not doing well now. It has absolutely nothing new in the race tracks department (and it actually is confirmed that only the 48 tracks from Mario Kart 8 are returning), and the only new thing is the revamped Battle Mode.

This really is a bad start, since you'd expect the Switch port to at least offer more Switch exclusive contents; even 16 Switch exclusive tracks (8 new and 8 retro) could've been considered.
If the switch has bigger player base then Wii U for MK8 and also has easier functionality to connect with friends as well as a better online mode id definitely get it for those reasons alone. But that is to be seen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's a Fire Emblem Direct!? "Goes to check Serenes Forest"

It'll probably just cover the upcoming mobile game (please no Kozaki art :3) and maybe confirm some details regarding Warriors. Just give me the Corrin amiibo already so I can be one step further in completing my collection.
I think it's more about FEW than the mobile game,

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So guys, based on Inklings now being playable in the new MK8 Deluxe, what do you think their chances are for being in Smash Deluxe (I'm bringing that up until we get an official name)?

Thanks to whoever edited my post. Not sure how that didn't came out wrong :/
Honestly, I think too many people will want the Inklings in Smash 5 for Nintendo to refuse.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I got to attend 2GGC as a spectator since I purchased a VIP ticket for the noodle festival going on. It was fun checking it out and playing against others for fun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm. Probably gonna pass up MK8 Deluxe, then. As much as new racers and a good battle mode might be, I don't think it'd entirely be worth it until there's a price drop. I was expecting new race tracks, and while I love MK8, I don't love it that much. That being said, I'm not concerned about it not doing well- there's plenty of people who love Mario Kart who didn't have a Wii U. There's a lot of people who just didn't have a Wii U, so if Switch does well, it will as well.
But they said in the Treehouse there'd be more in the full game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So i just got a text from my uncle who lives in San Francisco, and he says one of my childhood favorite TV shows, the Magic School Bus is coming to Netflix sometime this year.

For me, this is almost as much hype as the Switch.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Completely skipping over the fact that double item boxes/being able to hold 2 items at once returns from Double Dash, there being new items in the form of Boo/Feather, and there being new returning racers in the former of King Boo, Bowser Jr., and Dry Bones along with newcomers in the form of Inklings.

Obviously most of these would only appeal to hardcore/avid fans, so I understand many wishing not to be excited. Even so, the install base is likely going to comprise of people that love the series enough to continue playing the game in the meantime, even if there isn't anything "substantially" new (which for all we know, could be a temporary problem if more DLC is in the works).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It won't matter all that much on my end, since I'll pretty much be holding off on the Nintendo Switch until later during the year.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've been playing Pokémon Sun since yesterday.

I haven't played XY or ORAS yet, so it's quite an adventure. So much has changed from Black/White 2.

I chose Litten, nicknamed Shere Khan. And have a Wingull, a Cutiefly and Trumbeak in my team.

I plan to get Oranguru and Mimikyu later on.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

I haven't played XY or ORAS yet, so it's quite an adventure. So much has changed from Black/White 2.

I chose Litten, nicknamed Shere Khan. And have a Wingull, a Cutiefly and Trumbeak in my team.

In case you weren't aware, Oranguru is Moon exclusive. :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Naming Litten Shere Khan gives you some cool points.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So tomorrow's a pretty big day. We got the Fire Emblem direct and the Hall of Fame balloting.

I hope the Direct gives us Eirika, Ephraim, Tana, Ike, Mia, and Illyana for Fire Emblem Warriors, and as for the Hall of Fame balloting, Barry Bonds better STAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Oh? Gotta trade then.
You do get Passimian though, which is my favorite gen 7 pokemon.

Anyway, I too, cannot wait until the Smash Bros direct tomorrow. Good to know they're finally cutting out all those non-FE characters so that the roster is nothing but. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You do get Passimian though, which is my favorite gen 7 pokemon.

Anyway, I too, cannot wait until the Smash Bros direct tomorrow. Good to know they're finally cutting out all those non-FE characters so that the roster is nothing but. :p
I just learnt the Passimian doesn't evolve into Oranguru. Jeez.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I just learnt the Passimian doesn't evolve into Oranguru. Jeez.
Oh, yeah, lol their types are completely different. At any rate, I seriously cannot wait until Passimian is released with its hidden ability. Defiant is so good.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Passimian is cool, the only thing I don't like about it is that its slower than it looks. Many Pokemon are actually slower than they look though, such as Rayquaza. Sometimes stats don't make sense in Pokemon. Miltank outspeeds Rayquaza and Passimian. And if Passimian was faster it would be more viable in singles. Though it might be good in doubles, but Oranguru is usually used instead

Top Bottom