• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman

It's MGS1 Snake!

This is AlGeorgeRomo's MGS1 suit, though it has been retextured and vertex edited to give Snake a little more padding for that winter cold. He's included in the main Solid Snake package, which now has has two unique alts as a result!

More hot pics:

Also included is a version with Snake's sexy stubble and mullet, based more on his appearance in Metal Gear Ac!d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-ZDOiiLRU seriously this is cool, love it!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I added outset alt render stock icons, also added more renders to the collection, enjoy.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Wrong game, bub.

How are you doing this? I don't get it. Did someone release render scene data somewhere? Did you do it yourself? Are you just really good at Photoshop? Someone better port those to Brawl or I'll find you?
Most likely photoshop, as even with the SSB4 models you would be able to see some model edges at that high res. This is most notable with furry objects (like Pit's shoes), which gives it away as 2D editing, instead of a render.

Are you just really good at Photoshop?
Aww, shucks, I'm blushing. :colorful: As for porting them to Brawl/Project M, that's all I've been doing! Roughly 8/10 of my CSPs for Dolphin are SmashU style. Check them out in @Neuromancer's thread.

Guess I will just have to recreate them myself... (I can make decent recolors, they just take me forever. That, and I also have 2 other ones I need to do. Recreate Outset purple in Brawl style, and Palutena color Sheik (Work in progress))
Must be really rough having to redo everything in Brawl style, when all this content isn't made for it. As someone who just HAS to put his own touches on everything for the sake of uniformity, I feel you.

That said, Medusa Pit is first up!

Just kickin it

All the protection needed. No wings on this shield, Medusa's minions are kind of old-school

Not a big fan of the sun

WHOA he's mad now!

Much more his aesthetic
As you can see, the facial texture is mirrored, not much I can do about that at my current skill level.

Hades tomorrow!

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, all these great updates in such a short period of time! Maybe I should bring something to the table.
Well, uh... I made textures for S3C Brawl Sonic's run trails! Only for the red, green, and purple costumes, though. Those were the only ones that stuck out to me as not having trails that fit the costumes. You can check 'em out right here. Keep up the great work, ladies and gents.

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, all these great updates in such a short period of time! Maybe I should bring something to the table.
Well, uh... I made textures for S3C Brawl Sonic's run trails! Only for the red, green, and purple costumes, though. Those were the only ones that stuck out to me as not having trails that fit the costumes. You can check 'em out right here. Keep up the great work, ladies and gents.
Ooh, dat's purty.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Aww, shucks, I'm blushing. :colorful: As for porting them to Brawl/Project M, that's all I've been doing! Roughly 8/10 of my CSPs for Dolphin are SmashU style. Check them out in @Neuromancer's thread.

Must be really rough having to redo everything in Brawl style, when all this content isn't made for it. As someone who just HAS to put his own touches on everything for the sake of uniformity, I feel you.

That said, Medusa Pit is first up!

Just kickin it

All the protection needed. No wings on this shield, Medusa's minions are kind of old-school

Not a big fan of the sun

WHOA he's mad now!

Much more his aesthetic
As you can see, the facial texture is mirrored, not much I can do about that at my current skill level.

Hades tomorrow!
Oooh, that looks hot.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
okay so I'm back with some updates
I've updated the Endgame Outset link, the mirror shield had lighting issues and broken normals that now are fixed! I also added to him a yellow colored shine for his power bracelets so they look more "gold" now. As a bonus I have added fixed CI4 compressed Alternate stocks (layell ones weren't CI4 and the compression kinda screwed them up...)

new stock :D ->

I also have updated our Sonic Semi alts! those were kinda one of our first things we worked on so they were lacking proper shoes/cuffs shines and they even had unwanted extra color nodes and materials so I just updated those! (Silver blue lights got the updated glow in the dark shaders he deserved and knuckles got brand new fixed textures, no more seams for him!) Take a look!

Next thing is about Dry Bowser: I have added the long waited glowly lava shell for him in an additional folder, just in case you guys prefer him that way. He isn't getting new renders mainly because the glow thing it's an additional and purely optional thing (aka we prefer it without the lava and we don't really have the motivation to re-render all of his costumes with 2 different poses).

Finally Xenozoa gave me permission to make new brawl vault entry for the updated brawl samus; since the new samus is using the project M modified model to be able to make stuff to glow in the dark I decided to name this updated Samus..: Project M Samus

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
*sees Dry Bowser has a glowing shell*

HOW MANY THINGS DO I NEED TO ****ING RECREATE JUST SO I CAN STICK WITH A BRAWL STYLE!

Seriously though, too much awesomeness, too little time.

EDIT: Just got to school so I won't be able to check until I get home. Was the PMDT able to get the glowing shell on Dry Bowser (which would have the brawl design). If not, did you remap anything for Dry Bowser when switching styles.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I was right about to upload the new Toon Zelda, then I realized half of the renders have the original hair texture. Fml.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
I was right about to upload the new Toon Zelda, then I realized half of the renders have the original hair texture. Fml.
Please tone down the lighting, unless your setup is different this time around. The first ones were so bright

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
okay so I'm back with some updates
I've updated the Endgame Outset link, the mirror shield had lighting issues and broken normals that now are fixed! I also added to him a yellow colored shine for his power bracelets so they look more "gold" now. As a bonus I have added fixed CI4 compressed Alternate stocks (layell ones weren't CI4 and the compression kinda screwed them up...)

new stock :D ->

I also have updated our Sonic Semi alts! those were kinda one of our first things we worked on so they were lacking proper shoes/cuffs shines and they even had unwanted extra color nodes and materials so I just updated those! (Silver blue lights got the updated glow in the dark shaders he deserved and knuckles got brand new fixed textures, no more seams for him!) Take a look!

The link for sonic isnt updated.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Was the PMDT able to get the glowing shell on Dry Bowser
The whole point of this glowing shell saga was to replicate PMDT's glowing shell. So yes, they did.

Also I'm not too sure why would want to hang around the S3C thread when you appear to have a hankering for Brawl-styled stuff; the point of this project is to convert Brawl things to Smash 3 things.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
The whole point of this glowing shell saga was to replicate PMDT's glowing shell. So yes, they did.

Also I'm not too sure why would want to hang around the S3C thread when you appear to have a hankering for Brawl-styled stuff; the point of this project is to convert Brawl things to Smash 3 things.
1. Phew, I already have a large enough load with Summer School starting next week and other stuff.

2. I tend to lurk around customized content as a whole. I prefer Brawl style, only because of consistency with everything else in my build. Much more Brawl styled costumes than SSB4 styled on Brawl Vault.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
So I have some good news and some not so good news.

Brawl Pit has now been fixed, and that annoying sword glitch (where a blade would be where it shouldn't be) is fine now.

However, nothing I did could fix the S3 Pit version. So I have no idea what to do.

Let me know if anything is up with the Brawl Pit version.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Finished Brawl-ifying (is that a word?) S3C Purple Outset Tink. I have an image, but I don't have anything that can convert it into a file type I can use. Keep on making stuff in Smash 4 style for me to revert to Brawl style. :p

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Finished Brawl-ifying (is that a word?) S3C Purple Outset Tink. I have an image, but I don't have anything that can convert it into a file type I can use. Keep on making stuff in Smash 4 style for me to revert to Brawl style. :p
A very known chick magnet made a tutorial on Brawl Vault about getting ingame pictures to jpg, you should look it up when you can.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hey it's another update!

It's headband Jigglypuff! This is the version by Nanobuds, KingJigglypuff, and TʘCK, which has headband physics and goodness. We wanted to get this out sooner, but we were having trouble rimlighting it until Edel figured it out. It is included in the main download for Jigglypuff, and can be placed over any slot but 02.

Here are some in-game screenshots:

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Can anyone help me with Toon Zelda? She's ready for release, I just need screenshots. My new PC can't run Brawl.

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
Hello once again, I'd like to report that the PMDT Headband Jigglypuff 's foot does this when I shield. This happens no matter what stage I choose. None of the other costumes do this, keep in mind I'm using the Project M 3.6 motion.
Jigglyfoot.jpg

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hello once again, I'd like to report that the PMDT Headband Jigglypuff 's foot does this when I shield. This happens no matter what stage I choose. None of the other costumes do this, keep in mind I'm using the Project M 3.6 motion.
View attachment 109741
Thanks for reporting. I guess it's not working after all! The weird part is that he was working on Yoshi's Island just fine while testing. Well, if anyone has any ideas on how to figure this out (as well as rimlighting Mario Kart R.O.B., who suffers from a similar problem), I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
Thanks for reporting. I guess it's not working after all! The weird part is that he was working on Yoshi's Island just fine while testing. Well, if anyone has any ideas on how to figure this out (as well as rimlighting Mario Kart R.O.B., who suffers from a similar problem), I would really appreciate it.
No problem.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the old version of Toon Link? It's more Wind Wakery,
View attachment 109741
I don't see the problem with this.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
View attachment 109741

May anyone else confirm this?

Edit: I tried it both dolphin and wii, nothing bad to report.

Edit 2: are there other modifications made on jigs files, such as "fitpurin.pac" or the # of the .pac AND .pcs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom