• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing the reason you've differentiated Brawl Samus from Smash 3 Samus is that they're two different models?
Smash 3 have already previewed a trophy of Samus with an other m....odel style. Xeno also originally posted that Samus because of the fact they were changing models and it was essentially collecting dust.

One of the other reasons I did this is that Brawl Samus and Brawl/SJS ZSS look much more alike in style now, along with Samus and her PM alts. This should also carry over for the Smash 3 stuff if you chose to use those later too.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
so before there was a Project M model Samus right? is that different from the current Brawl Samus V2?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
so before there was a Project M model Samus right? is that different from the current Brawl Samus V2?
Sorry, I know it's a bit confusing. The Project M Samus was just Xeno's textures with updated shaders from PM3.6. We couldn't get him to open the entry for collaboration so we had to make a new entry. This is just an update built on top of that. The original Smash 3C Samus was created to fit the original, cartoony look of Smash 3, and we felt it was in need of a revision, so we've given it a more metallic, somewhat-more realistic look.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Idgaf what you did to my baby, it's glorious either way... thumbs up.

Although I am kinda bummed you changed my Dark Samus-esque color swap, had all the colors match and even included the reflective shader off the MP2 trophy onto her spec map.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
you need MORE colours?
No, I meant I was gonna take Nano's v1 pose and fiddle with it to better match v2.

Edit: This is what I meant, and since I did it already I thought I'd show it if that's fine with y'all. Original on left and recolor on the right.
KJUl1rF.png
KJUl1rF1.png

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I would do Tetra, but Pik never released her. I asked on his thread on Brawl Vault but never got a response. If he does release it, I will make it. SylveonGives SylveonGives I wouldn't do Toon Sheik, she looks really weird in-game and the model is very crude.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
RIP Pik, Brawl aesthetic god

You could probably get away with ripping the model from WW or HD and making slight adjustments. Pik was excellent at mimicking Brawl's style, which when compared to S3 styled stuff is a lot harder. S3 has less painted layers and is more reliant on specs and rims to make things look pretty regardless of topology, whereas Pik was usually very consistent with mimicking Brawl's topo.

Retopologize slightly, modify UVs to ensure maximum quality, emulate S3 texture design and ey bada boom bada bing u got S3C Tetra

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
RIP Pik, Brawl aesthetic god

You could probably get away with ripping the model from WW or HD and making slight adjustments. Pik was excellent at mimicking Brawl's style, which when compared to S3 styled stuff is a lot harder. S3 has less painted layers and is more reliant on specs and rims to make things look pretty regardless of topology, whereas Pik was usually very consistent with mimicking Brawl's topo.

Retopologize slightly, modify UVs to ensure maximum quality, emulate S3 texture design and ey bada boom bada bing u got S3C Tetra
I think I'm going to do it now. My only problem is that Autodesk 3ds Max won't install. It keeps giving me this error -
I've uninstalled the C++ Redistributables but it still won't install.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I've prettty much finished the textures for Tetra already. Just some edits of Toon Link. The Gamecube Model matches Brawl better. Just need an import over Sheik.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
No, I meant I was gonna take Nano's v1 pose and fiddle with it to better match v2.

Edit: This is what I meant, and since I did it already I thought I'd show it if that's fine with y'all. Original on left and recolor on the right.
Please share the rest with us when you're done! In the meantime, I recolored Nanobuds's S3C pink Samus CSP so that she would have her blue visor/lights. Y'know, for those of us with OCD.

Top Bottom