• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Essentially what you do is you convert a render into a smart object and use layer masks and resizing to make it icon sized. Apply the stroke and drop shadow.
Yeah I'm not at all familiar with any of that so I'll stick to doing what I always do:
Default.png

Also, could someone provide insight on to what's going wrong here? Tryna revamp my GanoFal, but no bueno. I'm importing the objects from the Smash 3 Falcon MDL0, but...
ScreenCapture11.png

blerb

Smash Journeyman
It's a scaling issue afaik. Open up your bones, select the first in the tree and make the scale 1,1,1 on both models BEFORE exporting your mdl0

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Heyo!

I brought someone here for you to burn and/or freeze your competition with!

Brawl Vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211853

"A suit that marks the roots of modern day hybrid chozo technology, roll out with this nostalgic armor worn by a famous Bounty Hunter in the future's past."

Comes with some spicy colors to try out:

Red: Red Box Art Ridley Armor
Green: Metroid Armor
Blue: Nightmare Armor

Album: https://imgur.com/a/XeScJ/layout/horizontal#0

But wait! There's More!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
YES INDEED SCOUT THAT IS NOT ALL THERE IS TO THIS VERY SPECIAL PROMOTION

DOWNLOAD NOW AND YOU GET YOUR VERY OWN SJS ZSS ABSOLUTELY FREE!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY! THESE TYPES OF DEALS DON'T CRAWL UP EVERY DAY NOW!

AND FOR A (not so) LIMITED TIME BRAWL ZERO SUIT SAMUS HAS SMASH 4 POSE ALTERNATE RENDERS!

*cough* I have also updated the Brawl ZSS red costume texture, it's a minor change but makes her ankle not look terrible. Enjoy!

have some renders too: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/isnykxcy8v0eovj/AABZH8_Wd8mOsEfcpTTG_FYva?dl=0

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Wow, what an awesome deal! Two Smash 3C updates for the price of one! And I didn't even have to pay shipping and handling :D

EDIT: Almost forgot to say amazing job and thanks again Smash 3C team!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Confused. Is this an S3C version of this Zamus? Or this one?

There's just too many to choose from. Those two, S3C Brawl, jaystring, future S3...**** me.

Also renders are pretty and all, but this one still wins IMO.
default.png

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Confused. Is this an S3C version of this Zamus? Or this one?

There's just too many to choose from. Those two, S3C Brawl, jaystring, future S3...**** me.

Also renders are pretty and all, but this one still wins IMO.
we have used a combination of that; I have used assets from the newer rebuild ZSS for the hair and holster, eveything else is from the old SJS/Darkstar ZSS. (it had an higher poly body, and for an extra note it was a pain to get it to work right)
for the renders we spent alot of time on the pose and getting her angle to look right, but yeah PMDT render rocks!

another useless extra note: I had to vertex alot of PMDT alts, closed holes, vertexed unsymmetric stuff and broken materials as well. All chars I had to mess with are included in our smash 3C releases. Speaking of recent releases I had to do that for retro samus as well so in the future I might release a PM 3.6 fixed chars pack, who knows.

On another note thanks to Scout and IWantGames we are proud to announce that we have updated some stuff that needed Glow in the dark materials!

so what we have changed so far?
Masked man got a glowly red led; Wii Rob blue optical disc and power buttons now glow in the dark; VB rob eye lens are now able to glow; The PMDT samuses alts got their updated materials on the leds and visors! (before you ask about retro samus, she had the glow stuff in her first release so no worries for her!).

So with all that info, here are the updated chars links!:

For Brawl Samus we used the modified project M model and I wasn't able to send a PM to Xeno yet for updating his brawl vault link so there's a direct dropbox link for her!

We also fixed delfino issues on Brawl Zero Suit Samus, so check her out too! [Spolier][/Spolier]

For Dry bowser his lava glowly textures are still WIP and somehow I'm not satisfied on how those look so far, so he might need some extra work

Please tell me what you think and if he really needs that glow stuff. I can't make it glow alot or his gray stuff will look really bright and unsettling

Also for all the guys that likes and uses our S3C Wallpapers (like me :p) we have good news for you! We have added more fancy wallpapers so check them out too if you want!

So I hope that you guys enjoy all this updates so far!

Last edited:
For Dry bowser his lava glowly textures are still WIP and somehow I'm not satisfied on how those look so far, so he might need some extra work
I'm eyeballing it and I see what you mean. If you make it glow much more than that, its going to do exactly as you said and screw with his grey shell plates. I think we might need to be satisfied with it, unless another way of providing shell glow presents itself. Long shot, but any way to incorporate the actual lava assets already present in stages like Norfair, PM Bowsers castle etc? I ASSUME thats what it already is, but in case it isnt, maybe that will work??? /knows next to nothing about the intricacies of this

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
sinistersnakesennin sinistersnakesennin it's a material and shaders thing for bowser. However, I noticed that ZSS uses a different method for making glowing bits appear on her model. Will it be possible to use that technique on bowser?

Edit: Now that I recall, this "leaking effect" is a shaders thing.( I can see it better now that I'm on my computer)
As an experiment, I tried using the default p:m dry bowser shaders, but they only fixed this "leaking" during certain frames of animation. I made a post about this some time back. But if you already knew this, my b.

Aghanim Aghanim

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
sinistersnakesennin sinistersnakesennin it's a material and shaders thing for bowser. However, I noticed that ZSS uses a different method for making glowing bits appear on her model. Will it be possible to use that technique on bowser? Aghanim Aghanim
Yeah you are right, that's exactly the new material and shader we are using for bowser now (It's a custom material and shader that Program made); it's just that I feel that he needs a revamp for the spec (it's using PMDT spec and plus I can't make it glow alot or his gray bones will look really bright). For his lava glow texture I don't know it's kinda static and they feel unfinished, the only solution I have for that is to redo the texture completely or to separate the lava stuff on his shell as a new object with 3dsmax but It's not really worth it (tbh it's really too much work for a little improvement).
On top of that when I compare the new and the "old" dry bowser I kinda like the old one more, so it defnitiely needs more work

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Yeah you are right, that's exactly the new material and shader we are using for bowser now (It's a custom material and shader that Program made); it's just that I feel that he needs a revamp for the spec (it's using PMDT spec and plus I can't make it glow alot or his gray bones will look really bright). For his lava glow texture I don't know it's kinda static and they feel unfinished, the only solution I have for that is to redo the texture completely or to separate the lava stuff on his shell as a new object with 3dsmax but It's not really worth it (tbh it's really too much work for a little improvement).
On top of that when I compare the new and the "old" dry bowser I kinda like the old one more, so it defnitiely needs more work
Just ask Nano? It's one of his babies after all.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Cynapse Cynapse Don't you mean Theytah?
Well, he is the supposed materials master around here, so that'd work just as well. I say Nano b/c he dropped in ages ago to tell someone the easiest way to get the glow effect onto the S3C Dry Bowser. Starwaffle is also viable, but he seems to have chirped out. Anyway, Aghanim should have it figured out before long.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Boy do we have a heavenly update for you all today!

What could this possibly be? An old design seeking solace with an even older design? Poor Brawl Pit he was so young when the Smash 3 team sent him off into design heaven.

He's decided to show that his old shield isn't so rusty too, what a scoundrel! You can still download the S3 shield version if you like things that way! Plus all the colours included with Smash 3 Pit!

I'd like to thank members of the Smash 3 team who were totally okay with this. Thanks a bunch guys!

Classic Pit has been given a slight update, we updated his specs and I fixed a seam I didn't like seeing. He's ready to save Angel Land once again!

We hope you enjoy this angelic update, now go eat some eggplants or something!

Last edited:

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
Is there any way I could get this working with Project Ex?
Just replace the files in 'projectm/pf/Fighter/*fighter name*' For example, to replace Pit, go to wherever your PM files are, find the 'projectm/pf/Fighter/pit' folder and just drag and drop the files in. The easiest way to replace the portraits is with the Brawl Costume Manager.

Edit: Or are you wanting to add this as a clone character?

Last edited:

Dragonman0110

Smash Rookie
Just replace the files in 'projectm/pf/Fighter/*fighter name*' For example, to replace Pit, go to wherever your PM files are, find the 'projectm/pf/Fighter/pit' folder and just drag and drop the files in. The easiest way to replace the portraits is with the Brawl Costume Manager.

Edit: Or are you wanting to add this as a clone character?
I'm not trying to add this as a clone character, and I tried that method and it didn't work. I may be wrong because I'm completely new to this, but I think it may be because BrawlEx introduces new files in its own folder that configures each fighter more in-depth than normal Project M. I'm not sure what I would have to modify to get it to work or even what I need to use to get the job done.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Well, he is the supposed materials master around here, so that'd work just as well. I say Nano b/c he dropped in ages ago to tell someone the easiest way to get the glow effect onto the S3C Dry Bowser. Starwaffle is also viable, but he seems to have chirped out. Anyway, Aghanim should have it figured out before long.
That guy who asked him was me :)
Anyhow, nano showed me how the brighten the entire texture up. To brighten up parts of a texture, you need to do it like how bowser or ZSS does it.
IIRC, nano told me to ask Theytah about making only certain bits glow. Never got around to asking, though.

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
I'm not trying to add this as a clone character, and I tried that method and it didn't work. I may be wrong because I'm completely new to this, but I think it may be because BrawlEx introduces new files in its own folder that configures each fighter more in-depth than normal Project M. I'm not sure what I would have to modify to get it to work or even what I need to use to get the job done.
Hmmm... That's the way I usually do it and I use PM + BrawlEX v0.4. Which version of PM + BrawlEX are you using?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
my goddddddd WHEN
Anyone here know how to rig models and are willing to rig a model? Please Pm if so.

Maybe you guys have missed something mentioned in the OP, I would reccomend to read it; if you don't want to then I'll just quote this
An important note about requests: Please refrain from making any requests in this thread for a character you want to see retextured. We do not need a thread where every other post is a request, which has occurred in the past. Instead, why not try it out yourself? The main focus for many members right now is to finish the Project M alts, and they are working at their own individual paces to do so.
I can understand the hype or whatever but I want to remind you guys that this is NOT a request thread, we are allready obsessed with finishing the remaining PM alts that we haven't finished/started yet. Also for Meowser I would love to see a "brawl-ified" version of him however it's not just only rigging, the model you posted is way too high poly to just be rigged into brawl bowser skeleton, it would need to be optimized (or we would need a custom made one) + textured + recolors +... ext. Who nows maybe one day a brave soul will make a meowser alt in the vault, but that's definitely not happening now (or at least not in this thread!).

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Almost ready to re-release Toon Zelda. Anyways, are we allowed to make any of the cancelled PM characters? I already have a nearly finished Knuckles and render setup for Sami.

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet

Maybe you guys have missed something mentioned in the OP, I would reccomend to read it; if you don't want to then I'll just quote this

I can understand the hype or whatever but I want to remind you guys that this is NOT a request thread, we are allready obsessed with finishing the remaining PM alts that we haven't finished/started yet. Also for Meowser I would love to see a "brawl-ified" version of him however it's not just only rigging, the model you posted is way too high poly to just be rigged into brawl bowser skeleton, it would need to be optimized (or we would need a custom made one) + textured + recolors +... ext. Who nows maybe one day a brave soul will make a meowser alt in the vault, but that's definitely not happening now (or at least not in this thread!).
Sorry I did not see this. But good news is I found someone on the vault who is going to make a custom Meowser.

Top Bottom