• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what your understanding of character shading is, but it has nothing to do with whether or not you imported something. I am talking about adding detail and shading to your texture.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So I know that Smash 3 won't be using the Wii U models for DLC characters (particularly Mewtwo and Roy), and that most people working on stuff in this thread are still working on alt costumes, but is someone specifically planning to do them? I'd try it myself but don't have time these days.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
sorry, but can't give shading to those textures.
psd: i don't care if you can't read blue, just change your smashboards theme, or simply don't give me a s***

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/a/kIS8f
Whats the matter scared?
These look pretty good! The only comments I have are to tone down the red on the boots, and I'm not sure if the shoulder pads are actually necessary. I feel like it would look better without them, since I don't think he'd be wearing the shoulder pads if he were in Melee (and he wasn't in the cutscene at least).

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
sorry, but can't give shading to those textures.
Maybe you misunderstand what they mean, here's an example: No Shading upload_2015-6-15_19-41-37.png , Shading upload_2015-6-15_19-42-11.png . Do you see the difference? That's a texture detail, something that is fully possible if you actually try and put in work for the textures. Try to listen to others just a little more please, it can help more than you know. Also, this could help you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj69gfohvf9xcz1/Smash 3 Texture Tutorial.pdf?dl=0
psd: i don't care if you can't read blue, just change your smashboards theme, or simply don't give me a s***
You don't want anyone to like you being here do you? Your color doesn't alter your browsing experience, it affects everyone else. No one is saying don't use blue, just please, tone it down a little bit.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
oh, it already has some kind of shading, but i don't want to give it more, it looks fine for me :smash:
yes, metal sonic's textures are blurry, and nobody did notice that :bluejump:

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
oh, it already has some kind of shading, but i don't want to give it more, it looks fine for me :smash:
yes, metal sonic's textures are blurry, and nobody did notice that :bluejump:
Actually I did notice the blurriness, I just forgot to mention it. You might fix that, that would make it look much better. I have to wonder, what exactly did you do to these textures to make them Smash 3 styled?

PS: Thank you for changing your text color.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
These look pretty good! The only comments I have are to tone down the red on the boots, and I'm not sure if the shoulder pads are actually necessary. I feel like it would look better without them, since I don't think he'd be wearing the shoulder pads if he were in Melee (and he wasn't in the cutscene at least).
Actually, ill change the green costume with brown boots and a red scarf instead. I added shoulder pads because i felt like thatwould be more eye appealing, but hey! I might make a alt version without shoulder pads soon.

oorr23

Smash Cadet
you guys should update your status pic, since you have Melee Fox.

On another note, I find it cool how you guys have Solid Snake done but SMash3 doesn't lol.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys, looks like Link went to a trip to the gerudo valley, it looks like he has been spending some time in the Spirit Temple! Check out his new gear!

I'm sure he's gonna need it against this tough foe!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
you guys should update your status pic, since you have Melee Fox.

On another note, I find it cool how you guys have Solid Snake done but SMash3 doesn't lol.
It's that way because we've prepared a nice update to him. Hopefully the update will come out in a couple of days, which will have about a dozen characters retextured and re-rendered.
Hey Guys, looks like Link went to a trip to the gerudo valley, it looks like he has been spending some time in the Spirit Temple! Check out his new gear!

Omg such uncontrollable hype.

oorr23

Smash Cadet
Dahk Link...it's been too long onld friend.

Dahk Link..it's been too long old friend.
Tranaslation: HHHHYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord

I love these. Could I make what's hopefully a small request? This Link with the Hylian Shield and the Great Fairy Sword (I know it's in Soul Calibur II at least) would be awesome.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
@ ProjectBrawl7 ProjectBrawl7 i've forgotten that i still having a copy of your melee wolf, here's some screenies with metal

Wolf: What's the matter scared?
Metal Sonic: ...

note that metal's shield is abit bigger than sonic's, just experimenting with a psa for it. just deal with it

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I love these. Could I make what's hopefully a small request? This Link with the Hylian Shield and the Great Fairy Sword (I know it's in Soul Calibur II at least) would be awesome.
That's actually not a small request at all haha. Hopefully the updated shield is enough for you!

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
not so much like my new avatar
i'm really dealing with it! not feeling, dealing!
not kidding, i'll add that as a skin for metal sonic :3(that screenshot is photoshoped, but i'll add those sunglasses as a skin, lol)

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
not so much like my new avatar
i'm really dealing with it! not feeling, dealing!
not kidding, i'll add that as a skin for metal sonic :3(that screenshot is photoshoped, but i'll add those sunglasses as a skin, lol)
Port the textures and glasses over a Sonic version of the model and I'm sold (once all the edits are done, that is).

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
That's actually not a small request at all haha. Hopefully the updated shield is enough for you!

I think you have a tiny rendering issue on the blade there, otherwise this looks amazing!!! :D You guys do such a great job with the Alts and stuff.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Port the textures and glasses over a Sonic version of the model and I'm sold (once all the edits are done, that is).
maybe, now i'm rendering them in Sketchup, next will be porting them in blender and fix some stuff, and later port them to brawlbox, just deal with the wait, yea, i enjoy dealing stuff.

PSD: also i'll release the standalone glasses, for any character :4roy:

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace

Can't tell if the green spots on dark link are image compression or compression on the texture...

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I absolutely love the idea of mixing the original Melee styled Wolf model with parts of the PM Snes/64 Wolf Alt. It looks great.
Thanks! I might well include a recolor based off it. In fact, ill make cbliss slots. This means you will get 12 recolors. I'll tell you two of them. N64 recolor and assualt recolor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom