• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Has anyone started texture progress on SNES Captain Falcon? I have, but i would like some help for the gold falcons on his shoes, i dont know how to smash 3 ify them. And his outfit as well.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Since the Smash 3 team just had a full conversation about not making smash 4 roy, Does anyone here want to smashthreeify him once his model releases

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/a/0Nhh0#0
I made a playable super sonic, the recolors are revamped, dark sonic gotten some fixes, and sonic exe has been added. Any one wanna make renders?
Nice, I actually thought about doing the same thing with Super Sonic. Do you think you could share the files for him? The Super Sonic render the Smash 3 team did would probably be best to use for his portrait, since I can't imagine Super Sonic pointing at himself like in the default one.

Since the Smash 3 team just had a full conversation about not making smash 4 roy, Does anyone here want to smashthreeify him once his model releases
Let's not get so ahead of ourselves - The Smash 3 Roy hasn't even been released yet, and it'll match PM so much better than the Smush 4 Roy model would. Beside that, if someone wants to work on it, they'll do it when they get to it.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Nice, I actually thought about doing the same thing with Super Sonic. Do you think you could share the files for him? The Super Sonic render the Smash 3 team did would probably be best to use for his portrait, since I can't imagine Super Sonic pointing at himself like in the default one.

Let's not get so ahead of ourselves - The Smash 3 Roy hasn't even been released yet, and it'll match PM so much better than the Smash 4 Roy model would. Beside that, if someone wants to work on it, they'll do it when they get to it.
I can share the files for him, along with sonic exe, dark sonic and those recolors.
I would like renders for ALL of them besides those recolors because of how different they look.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I can share the files for him, along with sonic exe, dark sonic and those recolors.
I would like renders for ALL of them besides those recolors because of how different they look.
Well I didn't say I'd be rendering any of them, I just wanted a better look at it, but it looks like you did a good job with it. You could package it with the Smash 3 Super Sonic render for the CSP, though.

For the others, I would suggest you recolor one of the other CSPs. For the bloody-looking one, try posing him in BrawlBox to look similar. Set it on top of a Sonic CSP so you can trace where you'd need to change the color. That probably came out a little awkward.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Well I didn't say I'd be rendering any of them, I just wanted a better look at it, but it looks like you did a good job with it. You could package it with the Smash 3 Super Sonic render for the CSP, though.

For the others, I would suggest you recolor one of the other CSPs. For the bloody-looking one, try posing him in BrawlBox to look similar. Set it on top of a Sonic CSP so you can trace where you'd need to change the color. That probably came out a little awkward.
I don't really know how to pose in brawl box, im not very familiar with posing. And for the recolors, yes i will do that, recolor CSPs.
Oh,and does anybody know how to change Roy's scarf or whatever? Because i was gonna make my profile pic a recolor of smash 3 Roy, but i don't know how to change the scarf, i dont know what texture file it is from.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey guys.

I was linked here.

how ya doing?

Its been a loong while since I last checked this thread out. Pardon me for that, I blame SB. If a person doesn't check their alerts on any thread, they no longer receive alerts from them. I think.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Does anybody know how to change Roy's scarf or whatever? Because i was gonna make my profile pic a recolor of smash 3 Roy, but i don't know how to change the scarf, i dont know what texture file it is from.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
What? That was just a joke! don't take it so bad!
Also i don't need the approval of any people i don't know.

nope, that's not the smash 3-ified metal sonic i'm working on, heh

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
what? that was just a joke! don't take it so bad!
also i don't need the aprobal of any people i don't know

PSD:
I've smash 3-ified Metal Sonic, : P
That metal sonic does NOT look smash 3 ified. The colors are out of place, the pose isnt based on smash 3 sonic and it just doesnt match the style... Same with your Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Even though i dont know how to make smash 3 textures because theres no tutorial for gimp, i still know what fits smash 3 style or not.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
1. Metal sonic isn't going to be like Sonic, it's a Sonic clone, but has many differences, i'm not going to make his design match to Sonic's.
2. His colors are based on his original self(may not note that because of old brawlbox's render, so those colors may look wrong)
3. It has rim lighting, but can't show it due to my netbook's lack of pixel shader.
4. I know how to make some Smash 3-esque textures on GIMP, do not ask
5. I still working on it's textures, so, many of it's colors will change and became abit more Smash 3-ish (totally saturated :glare:) when i release it
1, I think the colors should be based on the Wii U Version of smash instead, thats more eye appealing.
2. You're version of Smash 3 on gimp doesnt look very smash 3 styled, i even look at that dk and diddy, doesnt match.
3. Why very saturated? We will not accecpt that, its not good, it has to aim for the middle, in other words, it cant be too unsaturated or saturated,its gotta be between.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
because smash 3 characters look very saturated, NOT1!?!? :mad: *enrages* i'm sick of this!
They arent very saturated, they are in between unsaturated and saturated, look at the smash 3 texture tutorial and you will know what i mean.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
please stop arguing. and @ S SmashJC please learn to contain your anger. You dont need to rant about everything you dislike. it strays away from the topic of the thread.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
please stop arguing. and @ S SmashJC please learn to contain your anger. You dont need to rant about everything you dislike. it strays away from the topic of the thread.
Alright, ill stop. I just realized i was wasting some time, which isnt good at all.

BTW, i got a little surprise to show you all soon.. Its almost finished.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
i've remade Metal Sonic's textures, and put smash 3 sonic's hair and shoe texture colors into metal sonic, but, i'm not sure if it looks like a smash 3 character. also has a very small metal effect.
Run animation by me

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
i've remade Metal Sonic's textures, and put smash 3 sonic's hair and shoe texture colors into metal sonic, but, i'm not sure if it looks like a smash 3 character. also has a very small metal effect.
Run animation by me
It certainly looks better than before, but I'd need to see more shots to really give any helpful advice. The yellow on his hand (is that his hand?) seems a bit too strong, though. It looks like the shoes could use sharper detail, and maybe the inside of the ears could have smoother shading, but I can't see it very well at this angle to be sure.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
i agree, i must desaturate abit his hands, i must fix some of his shoes textures, but i can't change the character shading, because i didn't import it, i've found it in the brawl vault

Top Bottom