• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I believe I was referring to a pack I downloaded awhile ago, but I cannot remember which one it was. Haven't checked yours out, but I will definitely add it in our official builds. Also, I remember reverting back to all of the original CSPs because of the Smash Brawl only colors and I didn't have the new Snake outfit CSP. Didn't think to download the pack individually.

Not quite sure what the abbreviations stand for, but are the BPs what you see of your character during a match?
Well we didn't create that pack, but we will have one relatively soon, and it will include all the PM alts as well as the Smash 3 defaults.

Just wanna drop by and say that the NiGHTS Alt. costume is so cool! It's the next best thing to Jet Set Sonic. Um...do you mind if these Sonic alts were ported to Sonic Generations (Credits obviously included)? I showed these to my friends who are in the SGMC (Sonic Generations Modding Community) and they were interested in porting these.
:happysheep:
Sure, I don't see a problem with that. It's probably worth mentioning that the Silver model is taken directly from Generations, and you might be better off using the Generations model for Knuckles' feet.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I think i will work on Smash 3C Tails. You think i should use KTH Tails model or somebody import and rig?

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

So stop waiting around on your sorry keister, and start playing Project M the way it was meant to be played - with lots of pretty shoes for Sonic!
These semi alts are AMAZING! Awesome work as always! Really looking forward to completing the set whenever Jet Set Sonic is finished :D

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman

Re-rigged, and (sort of) Smash 3 textured! Now i must add it rim lighting (screenshot directly from BrawlBox)

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
ledgerewskie. i need to ask a question for help with Smash 3C Tails. I want to import the buckles and shoes from PM Semi Sonic Tails over to KTH Tails, but it seems to not work. Mind helping me with that?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
ledgerewskie. i need to ask a question for help with Smash 3C Tails. I want to import the buckles and shoes from PM Semi Sonic Tails over to KTH Tails, but it seems to not work. Mind helping me with that?
I'm useless with importing - that was all Aghanim. And I think he's worn out from importing about three thousand shoes. The Tails import was particularly difficult, though - it was the second one started and ended up being the last one we actually finished, due to all sorts of problems with rigging and shaders and what-not. Anyway, what's wrong with the current KTH shoes? They look pretty swank!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
These semi alts are AMAZING! Awesome work as always! Really looking forward to completing the set whenever Jet Set Sonic is finished :D
Is someone actually working on a Generations Jet Set Sonic? I'm a stickler for models coordinating and I love the costume so this would be amazing.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I'm useless with importing - that was all Aghanim. And I think he's worn out from importing about three thousand shoes. The Tails import was particularly difficult, though - it was the second one started and ended up being the last one we actually finished, due to all sorts of problems with rigging and shaders and what-not. Anyway, what's wrong with the current KTH shoes? They look pretty swank!
Oh. I think i can ask Aghanim for the buckles later, but yeah, i just found out that i dont have to import the shoes from PM Sonic, i can just import those textures.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If anyone's taking requests for textures on alts (I'm not sure, the terminology being used in this thread is confusing me), I'd really like a S3C Melee/OoT Ganondorf. If that goes well I have another alt request that's related, but OoT Ganon is what I really want.

Juken

Smash Ace
If anyone's taking requests for textures on alts (I'm not sure, the terminology being used in this thread is confusing me), I'd really like a S3C Melee/OoT Ganondorf. If that goes well I have another alt request that's related, but OoT Ganon is what I really want.
I believe someone already posted a rimlit OoT Ganon with no textures in this thread as well I have it in my PM build, but don't have the download link.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I believe someone already posted a rimlit OoT Ganon with no textures in this thread as well I have it in my PM build, but don't have the download link.
If you could post it later, that'd be nice! Eventually I'd like a little more vibrancy but for now rimlighting is good.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Since the Smash 3 Team posted progress on Luigi, here's how Mr. L is looking right now!

I'm seeing a lot of posts about requests lately, but I'd really like to ask for it to stop. There are a lot of regular contributors to this thread and we work at our own pace and we can only do so many things at a time. A lot of us have been spending more hours than we should to try to prepare for whenever the Smash 3 update eventually comes out, re-texturing and re-rendering most of the characters and so on. Frequent requests really kill the excitement for when anything is actually released or teased.

The plan is to finish all of the Project M alts eventually, and if you want to chip in and do some texture work, that's great. I'll remind everyone this is a community project, and everyone is invited to help. Finally, since Ganondorf and Samus keep coming up, I will just say that these are going to be the most difficult characters left, so do not expect anyone to finish them soon.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
If you could post it later, that'd be nice! Eventually I'd like a little more vibrancy but for now rimlighting is good.
I think I found it. Way back on page 9

I hate to interrupt all this awesome Bowser stuff, but seeing as I finally got some stuff done, I'd figure I'd post now.
Here's a link to a few characters I've rimlit. No fancy textures just good ol' rimlight.
Crixler said he did Oot Ganon already, but he's there for those who just want rim, I guess.
Edel, yes, I have been testing delfino and FS. Every time I rimlight I always apply the delfino fix, cause it never fails to, well fail.
I can't stick around right now to hear if anything's wrong with them. But I'll definitely check back tomorrow.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8qlbbvzt07nfbd/AAAx6Ju0Ng_l4e5VqH5LENeza?dl=0

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Since the Smash 3 Team posted progress on Luigi, here's how Mr. L is looking right now!

I'm seeing a lot of posts about requests lately, but I'd really like to ask for it to stop. There are a lot of regular contributors to this thread and we work at our own pace and we can only do so many things at a time. A lot of us have been spending more hours than we should to try to prepare for whenever the Smash 3 update eventually comes out, re-texturing and re-rendering most of the characters and so on. Frequent requests really kill the excitement for when anything is actually released or teased.

The plan is to finish all of the Project M alts eventually, and if you want to chip in and do some texture work, that's great. I'll remind everyone this is a community project, and everyone is invited to help. Finally, since Ganondorf and Samus keep coming up, I will just say that these are going to be the most difficult characters left, so do not expect anyone to finish them soon.
Great stuff as always, ledger!

BTW, i was planning to make a dark sonic and exe costume for smash 3 sonic. I thought of the exe s3 sonic having sharp teeth, and short claws if anybody can do that for me and i think dark sonic should have super sonic like hair, and no mouth if anybody can do that too.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, we still have a couple of characters to finish before we roll out a big update of the OP, but you know what? I think recolor packs are fine. That's why I am going to post one. It's been asked for several times, here it is. It's Sonic, with a million pairs of shoes. There's Shadow, there's Silver, there's Tails, there is Knuckles and my god, holy **** there are even NiGHTS shoes. What the hell is going on, I don't even know, but this pack has it all.

It's got breakdancing.

It's got jumping.

It's got intimidation.
It's got more jumping.

It's got finger-wagging like you wouldn't believe,

and it's got CHAOS CONTROL.

It has sexy renders (minus Tails).

And it has a download link right the heck HERE!!!!

So stop waiting around on your sorry keister, and start playing Project M the way it was meant to be played - with lots of pretty shoes for Sonic!
Why do they all have green eyes?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Nice did you know in the download for Sonic. I did not actually know that.

For consistency. Don't worry. I am working on getting the matching eye colors to their respective characters.
I might as well fix the highlights of their eyes.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Sure said:
Follow my good friend Franksmash on Steam for Smash 3 Sonic ports. He mainly just wanna port NiGHTS Sonic. We thought it was the most interesting model out of the pack and the SGMC do not take recolors and OCs very lightly. Anyways, behold
71340_screenshots_2015-06-06_00330.jpg
71340_screenshots_2015-06-06_00339.jpg

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I've remade Smash3C Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong textures(no, i didn't smash 3ify them, because their textures are very detailed for me, also i use gimp, 2hard4me).

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I've remade Smash3C Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong textures
I'm sorry but those diddy and donkey kong you did really don't fit the smash 3 style. Smash 3 is basing their work with Smash for WiiU and for 3DS references. While rimlighting is good, the textures look like desaturated vbrawl ones. This can't be smash 3 since your kongs don't look like smash WiiU kongs at all!! Just for comparisons I'll give you a pic of my early work on diddy before the smash 3 team decided to update their textures to look like Smash U ones.

Your work on diddy:

My Wip:

Actual Smash 4 pic:
it's not perfect or either it was finished, but it was closer to what the old style of smash 3 was. And for the record I use gimp for my work too.

Also while we are working hard to give you a new OP update with some revamped characters and new content, I wonder if you guys can recognize who's that pokemon approaching...

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
damn, i failed :facepalm:
anyway, right now i'm working on a PSA for another Smash 3C character i'm working on (not Crash)

Just using my imagination, later i'll Smash 3-ify his textures

Last edited:
anyway, right now i'm working on a PSA for another Smash 3C character i'm working on (not Crash)

I feel like you're missing the entire point of Smash 3 and nobody's been kind enough to tell you. Its for already existing Smash characters.

We cant stop you from working on stuff for yourself, but I question the place it has in this thread.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

No items, Ahri only, Howling Abyss.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I got WAY TOO MUCH on my hands for smash 3 sonic. I can give the work of tails to somebody, somebody can work on him. Now, Melee Wolf is almost done, just needs rimlighting and renders.

Top Bottom