• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I checked if this neck glitched with primary colours so I tried a primary blue on his face and neck, and it still glitched. then I went to check with flat colors, I copied the "emerald" color on http:// flatuicolors. com/ . I got same results on the neck.

triple post, Im sorry, but Im running out of time.

You might have FS eyes issues. Since those edge textures usually are transparent in BB viewer when the fix is applied. check my tutorial on how to fix it.

@rimlighters: guys, you are applying the delphino fix on your models right? It will glitch on Isle delphino if not.

@testers: Test rimlit model in Isle Delphino and test them in FS mode.

Are you using the smash 3 method? If not, its not smash 3. Take the long path, quality takes time.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
@rimlighters: guys, you are applying the delphino fix on your models right? It will glitch on Isle delphino if not.

I always apply the Delphino fix, and test it on Delphino. I haven't been testing Final Smashes, though. I thought the Final Smash eye fix only applied to eyes, and only would occasionally occur after retexturing. Am I mistaken, and should I be looking into that more? If I messed up when rimlighting Conductor Link, I can try to fix it.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Guys I have updated the outset link textures, but I found that the Rimlit Outset Link Model that Alerion provided (unlike the original one) has issues on his back hair parts (thanks to ledgerewskie for finding that). I also checked the thing Edel suggested, both models didn't glitch on Delfino or on their final smashes ( so I believe they are both fixed?). I provided pics:

updated outset link textures for who wants to see them in action (I also added a blue alt with zora's sapphire design on his back) : http : //s21 . postimg . org/drcwdqmcl/alt . png

DL link: https : //www . dropbox . com/s/i46uq0j44pxw7kj/Smash%203%20Toon%20Link%20Alts%20ver%203 . zip?dl=0
(remove the spaces...)

If someone wants to redo a better rimlighting Outset Link model I would kindly give to him my smash 3 textures. Also anyone who wants to fix the Conductor skin/texture glitch is welcome.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
triple post, Im sorry, but Im running out of time.

You might have FS eyes issues. Since those edge textures usually are transparent in BB viewer when the fix is applied. check my tutorial on how to fix it.

Are you using the smash 3 method? If not, its not smash 3. Take the long path, quality takes time.
I am using the smash 3 method. However, the sonic boom textures were kinda hard to draw on smash 3 textures so i kept it like that. The others have smash 3 textures.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I fixed it. I have limited time, so I made a read me with all the details you need and what I did. AND screenshots.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0jgg6smiqj78lk/Bowse.rar?dl=0

I'll explain later.
You mentioned in your notes that I did not include any fix for Isle Delfino, but the reason why I didn't is because Dry Bowser doesn't glitch when on the stage? How does this happen? What sorcery is this? I don't know, but I'd rather not complain. I've just retested your fixed model and I can confirm that Dry Bowser still doesn't glitch on Isle Delfino. *phew*

However, I did encounter several other issues.
With the eyelids now transparent, Dry Bowser's eyes no longer flash white when hit. However, they now flash orange when hit or blinking.
Dry Bowser has a unique eye texture for when he has retracted into his shell. For some reason they now have a white, misty texture to them that wasn't there before.
Taiko had suggested a method to use in 3DS Max that I have yet to impliment. Would that work? Either way, I sincerely appreciate you guys taking such interest with this.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
You mentioned in your notes that I did not include any fix for Isle Delfino, but the reason why I didn't is because Dry Bowser doesn't glitch when on the stage? How does this happen? What sorcery is this? I don't know, but I'd rather not complain. I've just retested your fixed model and I can confirm that Dry Bowser still doesn't glitch on Isle Delfino. *phew*

However, I did encounter several other issues.
With the eyelids now transparent, Dry Bowser's eyes no longer flash white when hit. However, they now flash orange when hit or blinking.
Dry Bowser has a unique eye texture for when he has retracted into his shell. For some reason they now have a white, misty texture to them that wasn't there before.
Taiko had suggested a method to use in 3DS Max that I have yet to impliment. Would that work? Either way, I sincerely appreciate you guys taking such nterest with this.
The orange flash is present on the P:M model too (from my brief tests), so I wouldn't worry about it.

The eyes on the shell could be fixed if you re-UV them and give them a separate object I think. Then you could use the actual eye texture as well.

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I hate to interrupt all this awesome Bowser stuff, but seeing as I finally got some stuff done, I'd figure I'd post now.
Here's a link to a few characters I've rimlit. No fancy textures just good ol' rimlight.
Crixler said he did Oot Ganon already, but he's there for those who just want rim, I guess.
Edel, yes, I have been testing delfino and FS. Every time I rimlight I always apply the delfino fix, cause it never fails to, well fail.
I can't stick around right now to hear if anything's wrong with them. But I'll definitely check back tomorrow.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8qlbbvzt07nfbd/AAAx6Ju0Ng_l4e5VqH5LENeza?dl=0

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Sonic boom alt has a fresh new look and do you guys want the arms to be blue?
Oh yeah, i included a Jet Set sonic with no glasses.
I would make Sonic Boom's arms blue, yes, since Sonic Boom Sonic has blue arms

And SomeSmashBro, all I did with OoT Ganondorf was rimlight him, too, I never did textures or anything. I'll go ahead and update the status list with the rest of them, though! Is the Boxer DK in this link updated in some way from the last one you sent me, or is it the same?
Also, didn't you do Armored Charizard, as well?

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Good job with these, I might check them soon.

Rimlight is good. Good eyes on delphino, good FS mode eyes... you pass.

Maybe the hair could be vertexed together.

Well, the delphino glitch typically happens through common occurrences in Isle Delphino. Some conditions must be meant in order to occur.

I know this only happens to wii users (dolphin fixed delphino (heh))... other stages it occurs is on Spear Pillar and other custom stages , it even occurs in Halberd sometimes.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Good news guys! I fixed all the issues on both models and added pics of the fixes (work was done on Brawbox). The only thing that I would actually improve in this pack are the CSPs since the current ones are just recolors/edit of the orginal smash3 one. I left the conductor with the blue shirt as an alt version of him. (The other alt is the blue outset link with zora's sapphire design on his back) Enjoy!

Here's the DL (remove the spaces thing as allways): https : //www . dropbox . com/s/oprk5fcph9bvrs7/Smash%203%20Toon%20Link%20Alts%20Final . zip?dl=0

-I also checked if they had the delfino glitch and it seems they don't glitch at all

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed, the sleeves on Outset Toon Link don't match the main chunk of the shirt, they're less saturated.
What did you have to do to fix Conductor Toon Link?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I checked if this neck glitched with primary colours so I tried a primary blue on his face and neck, and it still glitched. then I went to check with flat colors, I copied the "emerald" color on http:// flatuicolors. com/ . I got same results on the neck.

I needed to fix that. As for the outset link sleeves I tought they were better like that... If you want tomorrow I'll post "fixed" version of them
For the conductor neck I opened brawlbox and edited the "3d points " of him. All of his neck extends to the shirt skin now. It's a bad work but well it works (for now)

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Good news guys! I fixed all the issues on both models and added pics of the fixes (work was done on Brawbox). The only thing that I would actually improve in this pack are the CSPs since the current ones are just recolors/edit of the orginal smash3 one. I left the conductor with the blue shirt as an alt version of him. (The other alt is the blue outset link with zora's sapphire design on his back) Enjoy!

Here's the DL (remove the spaces thing as allways): https : //www . dropbox . com/s/oprk5fcph9bvrs7/Smash%203%20Toon%20Link%20Alts%20Final . zip?dl=0

-I also checked if they had the delfino glitch and it seems they don't glitch at all
This is turning out really great. We'll have to get a banner in the OP soon once you're completely finished with it. Also, you can post links now! Yay!

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I would make Sonic Boom's arms blue, yes, since Sonic Boom Sonic has blue arms

And SomeSmashBro, all I did with OoT Ganondorf was rimlight him, too, I never did textures or anything. I'll go ahead and update the status list with the rest of them, though! Is the Boxer DK in this link updated in some way from the last one you sent me, or is it the same?
Also, didn't you do Armored Charizard, as well?
Nothing has changed in the Dk thats there. Sorry if my post is formatted abnormally, I'm on mobile right now. Yeah Armor Charizard is done, but I forgot to put him in. I also want to get ahold of Halcreix to see if he'll put up Ike and his Charizard, maybe he can help with this project.
So I take it nothings wrong with the characters that are up? If so thats a relief. Sorry I wasnt around much. The pc I use is shared so I have to wait till its free. But usually its free so there should be no real hindrance. Retro Capt. Falcon is next. See y'all tomorrow.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
The thing that I did to fix the conductor model is this:

sorry but yesterday I accidentally posted a wrong conductor model with some glitches
DL: Deleted. Download the last one I posted!

later ( if I still have time) I'll try to post the outset link with more saturated sleeves as requested

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I checked those. In brawlbox the Tails/Sonic costume has errors and it closes itself when I try to preview it. The sonic Boom alt and the Silver ones has unused textures matrices. Fix these issues and continue with the good work.
The silveronic and sonic boom costume says that but fear not, the textures are good in game. The tails however, i dont know why it crashes for every one and me in brawlbox but it works in game. Even the original silver, tails and boom says it has unused texture matches so i cant help you with that. Check them in game and tell me how it looks, but it works perfectly fine for me.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I know this only happens to wii users (dolphin fixed delphino (heh))... other stages it occurs is on Spear Pillar and other custom stages , it even occurs in Halberd sometimes.
I suppose it would be wise of me to conduct some unique test:
- all items
- Isle Delfino
- Bowser only
- no Fox
That's how you're suppose to play, right?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I suppose it would be wise of me to conduct some unique test:
- all items
- Isle Delfino
- Bowser only
- no Fox
That's how you're suppose to play, right?
Switch Bowser with Meta Knight and you'll have a good ruleset there.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Updated the Outset Link as requested, in the zip I added them as "Outset link original color sleeves". I left the old less saturated sleeves version since I like them more. I also added a comparision pic:

here's the DL: Deleted. Scroll down more.
If someone wants to make better CSPs fell free to do them.

Edit: I found that the Conductor link has still problems on his neck ingame :/ ... I'm gonna try to fix him (again)

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
This is an awesome project! Could I request that you make a Pink color for Mr. L? (As in replace the Green with the Pink from Luigi's red costume) Also, on the OP, Chrom doesn't actually have a link attached.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome project! Could I request that you make a Pink color for Mr. L? (As in replace the Green with the Pink from Luigi's red costume) Also, on the OP, Chrom doesn't actually have a link attached.
I'll be redoing Mr. L some time after the Smash 3 update, so I'll include quite a few alts while I'm at it. If you want to make some recolors, I will include it in the Brawl Vault entry and mark you as a collaborator, though!

Kazan has been asked not to release the Chrom, because the model's creator wants to fix a problem with the eyes first.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I'll be redoing Mr. L some time after the Smash 3 update, so I'll include quite a few alts while I'm at it. If you want to make some recolors, I will include it in the Brawl Vault entry and mark you as a collaborator, though!

Kazan has been asked not to release the Chrom, because the model's creator wants to fix a problem with the eyes first.
Oh okay, makes sense. Also I don't know how to make textures, hence why I requested it.

Juken

Smash Ace
Did you make the CSPs for those Smash 3 alts yourself, or did you use the outset toon link one earlier in the thread and recolor it? There's a CSP for conductor link too.

Top Bottom