• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
This looks awesome. If you don't get around to it in a few weeks, I might do recolors for you. Anyway, I made a banner to put it in the OP. Gogogoggo @kazan

It looks really nice, but I think you should adjust the green. It is getting too close to blue right now. The Smash 3 Link is from when they were going for more of a cartoony approach so I wouldn't emulate it too much anymore. Regardless, you should take some sicknasty screenshots so that it's easier to put together a banner for the OP.

Have you finished re-texturing something? What were you working on?

This is a community project, so there is nothing wrong with completing part of a character and asking for help with the rest. This isn't a thread for requests, though.
So I assume you came back from vacation?

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Can someone test this DDD for me?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0lr8j8ftcs7pa84/AADGE8l0BOOWurT9F-FrY2Jla?dl=0
I don't know if it's just me but I dont see the rimlight on him
Sorry I've been silent for so long but, I committed a crime... I got Smash 4 for Christmas.
That and as hard as I look I don't see the rim on DDD, maybe it's another Dry Bowser case?
EDIT: I just saw the OP and realized he's rimlit. Can someone still tell me if this one's rimlit?
DOUBLE EDIT!: Ok so he's not rimlit... Anyone want to test this one ^

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I've been silent for so long but, I committed a crime... I got Smash 4 for Christmas.
That and as hard as I look I don't see the rim on DDD, maybe it's another Dry Bowser case?
EDIT: I just saw the OP and realized he's rimlit. Can someone still tell me if this one's rimlit?
Oh that green dot was a mistake, actually. I still need your rimlighting goodness. Someone test it for him already!

RadR99

Smash Rookie
I can't click on Chrom to download him. Is there a reason or has no one noticed yet or is it just me...

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I can't click on Chrom to download him. Is there a reason or has no one noticed yet or is it just me...
I don't believe Chrom will be available for release until permission was given from the creator of the original Chrom mod used, if I'm right.
Correct.

The original creator still hasn't come back to me yet. I'm still sending replies every time I see him online.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
You don't need the permission to upload, Brawl Vault rules states you can upload mods with no permission as long as the proper credits were given.
The creator told me that he wanted to create recolors and alts and whatnot. I want to ask to make sure if he'd be fine and along with what credits he might want to be given.

Otherwise, I have no problem with it. Considering how long it took, I'm happy that Chrom is getting exposure.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I went ahead and posted my Lord Roy entry to Brawlvault

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207384

Thanks to our own @ Crixler Crixler for the original texture which I used to reference my Smash 3 version. I'm not sure what the differences are on the 3.5 model but I just used the current one. I tried making renders but I honestly am no good at that part, also I have no idea if the Smash 3 team is going to update our boy at all with a new one or not. I'll also probably update this one if any other texture changes occur.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Thanks to our own @ Crixler Crixler for the original texture which I used to reference my Smash 3 version. I'm not sure what the differences are on the 3.5 model but I just used the current one. I tried making renders but I honestly am no good at that part, also I have no idea if the Smash 3 team is going to update our boy at all with a new one or not. I'll also probably update this one if any other texture changes occur.
Very nice. I don't know much about Fire Emblem characters, but this looks a lot like his trophy in Brawl.

I suppose I will post something I was working on earlier today. I was editing PM's OoT Link to look a bit like he does in Hyrule Warriors. Here are some crappy comparison renders from BrawlBox:

And the Hyrule Warriors OoT costume for reference:

It's mostly just some re-coloring since I don't have a mouse at the moment. I'll have to re-draw some parts when I am home. Would anyone be willing to rimlight the model for me?

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I have a OoT model rimlit on my SD, Mewtwo2000 put up a yellow OoT Link and it was rimlit. You could just reapply the textures from that onto this and it'd work wonderfully.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I have a OoT model rimlit on my SD, Mewtwo2000 put up a yellow OoT Link and it was rimlit. You could just reapply the textures from that onto this and it'd work wonderfully.
Could I get a link to that? Is it the updated version with better hair and the OoT Master Sword?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman

Nice, nice. Mine used a vertex hack by Vert092 on Brawl Vault as a base. The vertex hack tweaked the shape of the armor a bit, to make it somewhat more shaped like his lord armor. Though that lacks his 3.5 sword model, and wasn't actually that different from the regular shape, so I think using the 3.5 model is fine for the time being, until someone more model-y makes a 3.5 Lord Roy model.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Quick question: Will the Smash 3C Ganon skins work for Project M 3.5 with and without the Triforce mod? Whenever I tried the original Smash 3 Ganon skins on 3.5 the day it release, it always crashed before the match would start after selecting a stage.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Quick question: Will the Smash 3C Ganon skins work for Project M 3.5 with and without the Triforce mod? Whenever I tried the original Smash 3 Ganon skins on 3.5 the day it release, it always crashed before the match would start after selecting a stage.
The smash 3c skins you're referring to work with the triforce mod (the given download on the triforce mod threads' first page to be exact) in 3.5. However if you simply want to use the Smash 3 skins with out the blade and sheath that makes use of said mod, dragging and dropping the .pac/.pcs files from the smash 3 download into ganons' fighter folder will work.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
The smash 3c skins you're referring to work with the triforce mod (the given download on the triforce mod threads' first page to be exact) in 3.5. However if you simply want to use the Smash 3 skins with out the blade and sheath that makes use of said mod, dragging and dropping the .pac/.pcs files from the smash 3 download into ganons' fighter folder will work.
Thanks! :)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
It's been kind of quiet here, so I think I'll post this. Layell and I have been working on Melee Falco's alternate colors:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
DOUBLE EDIT!: Ok so he's not rimlit... Anyone want to test this one ^
Crixler finally got a chance to check it in-game and he said it looks fine, so I updated the Brawl Vault entry! Hooray!

Falco is also updated with recolors!

And as a bonus, here's a Smash 3-style CSP for Excalibur Sonic because I do not have the patience to work on it anymore! Yay!

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Could I get a link to that? Is it the updated version with better hair and the OoT Master Sword?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35611

Yeah sorry totally forgot about that updated part, doesn't seem to be.
Just a reminder that the edge texture must be updated and the characters must be tested for eye problems and delphino stage error.

If this is one of Mewtwo's earliest rimlight work, it might have these errors.

Juken

Smash Ace
Crixler finally got a chance to check it in-game and he said it looks fine, so I updated the Brawl Vault entry! Hooray!

Falco is also updated with recolors!

And as a bonus, here's a Smash 3-style CSP for Excalibur Sonic because I do not have the patience to work on it anymore! Yay!

Would it be asking too much if I were to ask for a Melee styled CSP for the Melee Falco like the original?

also, where'd you get that Smash 3 excalibur Sonic? Looks great.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
The Melee Falco looks great, but the render seems off with the lighting. Is it rimlit?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that the edge texture must be updated and the characters must be tested for eye problems and delphino stage error.

If this is one of Mewtwo's earliest rimlight work, it might have these errors.
Thanks, though Crixler ended up rimlighting it himself anyway. It should be posted within a few days after testing some things.

Would it be asking too much if I were to ask for a Melee styled CSP for the Melee Falco like the original?

also, where'd you get that Smash 3 excalibur Sonic? Looks great.
I was planning on editing and using Codex9's Melee Falco CSPs for my own build, so I will try to post those here when I do. I don't think I'll be making any new renders for it though since I suck at it anyway.

The Sonic was something I was working on, but I'm not very happy with it. I haven't been able to test it in-game so I might change my mind, but I thought a matching CSP might be nice for some people.

The Melee Falco looks great, but the render seems off with the lighting. Is it rimlit?
The render is just done in BrawlBox, so it doesn't look as good.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I could probably do a bit of touch ups on the renders (not sure if ledger does much on that already), but really at the size brawl outputs them at I never have been very bothered by them.

Since I have the jumpsuit and a decent idea of jacket I'll be hitting up Melee Fox in the same style. Hope it turns out fine!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Thanks, though Crixler ended up rimlighting it himself anyway. It should be posted within a few days after testing some things.

I was planning on editing and using Codex9's Melee Falco CSPs for my own build, so I will try to post those here when I do. I don't think I'll be making any new renders for it though since I suck at it anyway.

The Sonic was something I was working on, but I'm not very happy with it. I haven't been able to test it in-game so I might change my mind, but I thought a matching CSP might be nice for some people.

The render is just done in BrawlBox, so it doesn't look as good.
Yeah, that's the same for my OOT Link. Does anyone know how to export the models for use in blender? I'll be getting to the new screenshots for the banner and a better render.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
It looks really nice, but I think you should adjust the green. It is getting too close to blue right now. The Smash 3 Link is from when they were going for more of a cartoony approach so I wouldn't emulate it too much anymore. Regardless, you should take some sicknasty screenshots so that it's easier to put together a banner for the OP.
Ok, I updated my mod, direct .rar link, changed sheath texture, made the pants use the original smash 3 texture tinted blue and brightened. Better "sicknasty" screenshots too.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Every day is a new adventure!
http://imgur.com/a/xIFLU
I'm planning to rimlight one model a day for a while, though with a Guild Wars 2 patch coming tomorrow, I may be a bit distracted for a bit. We'll see.
But as you can see in the above album, today's adventure is not quite over yet. But I just thought I'd show you what I'm currently working on.
I think I know what I did wrong, should have it fixed soonish.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure what's wrong. Looking into it, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Edit 2: After looking around, it looks like rimlighting the model may have broken the already existing materials on the shoes and visor. I haven't encountered this sort of issue before, so I'm not sure how to proceed. @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout ?

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Every day is a new adventure!
http://imgur.com/a/xIFLU
I'm planning to rimlight one model a day for a while, though with a Guild Wars 2 patch coming tomorrow, I may be a bit distracted for a bit. We'll see.
But as you can see in the above album, today's adventure is not quite over yet. But I just thought I'd show you what I'm currently working on.
I think I know what I did wrong, should have it fixed soonish.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure what's wrong. Looking into it, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Edit 2: After looking around, it looks like rimlighting the model may have broken the already existing materials on the shoes and visor. I haven't encountered this sort of issue before, so I'm not sure how to proceed. @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout ?
I need some info:

-> Is the visor and shoes on their own individual shaders (or both of them belongs on their own unique shader)? Or do they share other matrials that seems to be working ingame correctly?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mid-way edit- I have the unedited files myself:

-> So, first off, the visor and the shoes belong on their own shader along sonic's head. And according to the images you showed... the head works. So that means shaders have no errors. (like you stated, "broken materials", is correct).

First off, reset the values from materials for the shoes and visor (easy, just delete the "edge" from their materials folder) And check if it works right... (shoes/visor has no erratic pattern)

-> If it has the error, check all the materials under the shoes and visor folder, you might had accidentally edited a material value that is not an "edge" material.

->If it doesn't , remake a new edge material and test again.

This is all I could gather from looking at the pics, if none of this stuff works, send me the rimlit file and I'll give it the 'ol examination.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
-snippity snip-
Tried deleting the edge textures from those two materials, and the colors are now normal. However, they're shiny as crap. Also, though perhaps difficult to see in still images, the shininess on them looks very... angular. You can kind of see it a bit in the first two images, of this album, but it's especially noticeable in motion.

http://imgur.com/a/W0K88

I checked the other bits of the relevant materials, and they did indeed remain identical to the original.

Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x96b5q4rxgzidef/JetSetSonicRimlightingWIP000.rar?dl=0

Top Bottom