• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
The OP looks awesome, and I worked on something else that I'm probably not going to put on the Vault, because I am too tired to make a matching CSP and it needs rimlighting anyway, which I'm too lazy to do as usual. I had some texture issues getting the blue/gray Lucaryu alt. The LucarioBody kept getting too compressed looking whenever I replaced it, and looked so horrible that I decided to just leave it the PM default. The regular white GI looks good though, better than the BrawlBox preview shows I think.

The download doesn't have any pac files, just the renders and a texture.
They look nice, though!
Regarding the texture issue, did you try playing around with the compression format or whatever? I noticed the regular Smash 3 Lucario has that one as RGBA8, while the regular PM alt Lucarios have it in CI8. So maybe trying RGBA8 would work?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'm a moron. I fixed the RAR now. I tried CMPR and CI8, but I hadn't tried RGBA8. I'll try it out now.

Edit: hey, it works! That version's in the RAR now. If I get a rimlit model and feel like it, I'll make a matching CSP and upload it to the Brawl Vault.

Edit again: okay so actually it crashes the game. I made a mistake with copying it earlier. The version with the PM dreadlocks is going back in now.

Edit yet again: I decided to make CSPs anyway. I'm not sure I will post on Brawl Vault because of the messed up Dreadlocks on the blue/gray one, though.

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Great idea, and I the blue logo looks much better. I'll start naming Smash 3 stuff I make as Smash 3C, too. I guess I'll go ahead and post something I just made, then. It needs rimlighting done, though, and I am too lazy to do it myself. Is there a rimlit PJ Ness model somewhere?

Smash 3C Pajamas Ness

Screenshot taken from Wii looks kind of crummy

I'll put some other stuff here, too, to help get the thread started.
Previously made stuff:
Luigi:

Mario:

Peach:

Roy:

Stuff not on Brawl Vault:
Smash 3 Style CSPs for other costumes:
When did you do all this!? This is amazing stuff!
So all the stuff you made needs rimlighting or just certain things need it?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Not all of them need it, but I tried to mark the ones that do. I also decided to make a Mega Lucario CSP since I did the two PM alts. His head's not the right size but it works well enough for me.

Edit: I did JSRF Sonic's CSP so I decided I might as well upload it to the Vault. Still not rimlit, though.

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Not all of them need it, but I tried to mark the ones that do. I also decided to make a Mega Lucario CSP since I did the two PM alts. His head's not the right size but it works well enough for me.

Edit: I did JSRF Sonic's CSP so I decided I might as well upload it to the Vault. Still not rimlit, though.

I like that Mega Lucario! By the way, how did do the CSP to be the same pose as the official Smash 3 pose, like Sonic? And most of all, how did you do the CSP at all?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I like that Mega Lucario! By the way, how did do the CSP to be the same pose as the official Smash 3 pose, like Sonic? And most of all, how did you do the CSP at all?
It's a pain in the ass, but what I do is give something a similar pose in Brawlbox and take a screenshot, then I apply parts of them individually to the Smash 3 CSP (working at a blown-up resolution). It takes a lot of photo editing and airbrushing and drawing to actually get things to match up.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

Can you do Mewtwo's Mega forms as well after Mega Lucario is uploaded this is great!

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
It's a pain in the ***, but what I do is give something a similar pose in Brawlbox and take a screenshot, then I apply parts of them individually to the Smash 3 CSP (working at a blown-up resolution). It takes a lot of photo editing and airbrushing and drawing to actually get things to match up.
Oh, that must take a crap ton of time... but the outcome looks great!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to put a fancy Smash 3C link in their signature, just toss this in it:

Code:
[url=http://smashboards.com/threads/383581/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hyIXiew.png[/IMG][/url]

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You guys must work as a team.

Try to release things you know that feels completed. Ask for rimlighters, I know a few would like a collab spot.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
You guys must work as a team.

Try to release things you know that feels completed. Ask for rimlighters, I know a few would like a collab spot.
This is right, guys! I love all of your dedication, but I feel overloaded atm. D:
If anyone would like to help, I'm looking for people to help make the character banners (:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Can you do Mewtwo's Mega forms as well after Mega Lucario is uploaded this is great!
No, I think I'm done for a while. I'll be away in another country for a month, and then I'll be back to school. I also don't use Mega Mewtwo myself so there isn't much motivation there.
This is right, guys! I love all of your dedication, but I feel overloaded atm. D:
If anyone would like to help, I'm looking for people to help make the character banners (:
Do you have Skype/Google Talk/Steam/Bookface/anything?

kazan

Smash Apprentice
No, I think I'm done for a while. I'll be away in another country for a month, and then I'll be back to school. I also don't use Mega Mewtwo myself so there isn't much motivation there.

Do you have Skype/Google Talk/Steam/Bookface/anything?
skype (:
my username is jonasyoon

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
This is beautiful. <3

This Project needs a build for download once it's finished.

I think, it would be best if the build is released in two bersions. One that mirrors Project M's official Alts, and one that includes all of the fan made content.

Hansius

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to thank ledgerewskie for that gorgeous new render. It has been uploaded into the pack on the vault, recolors and all. Also I included CSS Icons for vBrawl, Project M, and the Grid if anyone wants to just replace Lucario.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to thank ledgerewskie for that gorgeous new render. It has been uploaded into the pack on the vault, recolors and all. Also I included CSS Icons for vBrawl, Project M, and the Grid if anyone wants to just replace Lucario.
The portrait recolors look great. We'll have to replace the banner in the OP to have the alts now:

I also did Masked Man Lucas's CSP, but the clothes still need to be redone. Edit: No they don't, I did them a few posts down. Here's the CSP anyway!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
The portrait recolors look great. We'll have to replace the banner in the OP to have the alts now:

I also did Masked Man Lucas's CSP, but the clothes still need to be redone. The banner will take you to the current one I have with the Smash 3-textured face and Scout's rimlighting.

I should point out the alt isn't actually Masked Man Lucas. It's called Commander Lucas, since he actually wore those clothes as a disguise when he was mistaken for him in Mother 3. There are slight differences between it and Masked Man's clothes. Eh, I may be a bit too picky. :p

Looks really awesome, by the way! I absolutely love it!

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I should point out the alt isn't actually Masked Man Lucas. It's called Commander Lucas, since he actually wore those clothes as a disguise when he was mistaken for him in Mother 3. There are slight differences between it and Masked Man's clothes.

OMG spoilers. I fixed it now, thanks!

kazan

Smash Apprentice

I also did Masked Man Lucas's CSP, but the clothes still need to be redone. The banner will take you to the current one I have with the Smash 3-textured face and Scout's rimlighting.

ill add it as soon as i get home! they look amazing! (:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I should point out the alt isn't actually Masked Man Lucas. It's called Commander Lucas, since he actually wore those clothes as a disguise when he was mistaken for him in Mother 3. There are slight differences between it and Masked Man's clothes. Eh, I may be a bit too picky. :p

You are too picky.
As am I.
It keeps me up at night.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
It bothered me enough that I edited Commander Lucas's clothes so now he's properly done. The pant seam is better than the regular PM model, even!

Sweet bonus render from Brawlbox

Taiko

Smash Ace
I have a suggestion for you guys, font-wise.
Since the font we use for Smash 3, ITC Avant Garde is $29 for the weight that we use, I found a free alternative called Tex Gyre Adventor.

You can make it sorta look the same:

And I should mention that if you guys want the full size renders for any reason, I'd be happy to provide them to you. Just PM me.

Last thing, what if you guys made the "status" dot perfectly round? It's bugging me a bit that it's not...

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Mad respect to whoever plans to take on Virtual Boy R.O.B.

It's my understanding that it's a pain in the arse to retexture.
I was actually working on it today and black always gives me trouble when I apply the texture to the model. It gets especially compressed.

With that said, does anyone want to rimlight the model?

I have a suggestion for you guys, font-wise.

And I should mention that if you guys want the full size renders for any reason, I'd be happy to provide them to you. Just PM me.

Last thing, what if you guys made the "status" dot perfectly round? It's bugging me a bit that it's not...
Thanks for the font! We were still trying to figure out which font looked best.

The renders would save me some time, too. I really appreciate that. Making CSPs through piecing parts of renders together on top of another render is too jank.

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I was actually working on it today and black always gives me trouble when I apply the texture to the model. It gets especially compressed.

With that said, does anyone want to rimlight the model?
I'll take a shot at it but I'm no expert.

Also I added rimlight to your Mr. L since it looks like you wanted a few things rimlit. That and Mr. L is awesome.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48hgqvz6ijar2rm/AAD18DXfmIM3sL_yVUohxDOQa?dl=0
DISCLAIMER:That Mr. L is not mine nor do I claim any credit for it. It's ledgerewskie's rimlit with Edel's tutorial.
I sort of feel like I messed up my wording a while back with something else which is why I put the above sentence.

Last edited:

Ticker

Smash Apprentice
Great idea, and I think the blue logo looks much better. I'll start naming Smash 3 stuff I make as Smash 3C, too. I guess I'll go ahead and post something I just made, then. It needs rimlighting done, though, and I am too lazy to do it myself. Is there a rimlit PJ Ness model somewhere?

Smash 3C Pajamas Ness

Screenshot taken from Wii looks kind of crummy

I'll put some other stuff here, too, to help get the thread started.
Previously made stuff:
Luigi:

Mario:

Peach:

Roy:

Stuff not on Brawl Vault:
Smash 3 Style CSPs for other costumes:
I need that toon link costume in my life

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a shot at it but I'm no expert.

Also I added rimlight to your Mr. L since it looks like you wanted a few things rimlit. That and Mr. L is awesome.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48hgqvz6ijar2rm/AAD18DXfmIM3sL_yVUohxDOQa?dl=0
DISCLAIMER:That Mr. L is not mine nor do I claim any credit for it. It's ledgerewskie's rimlit with Edel's tutorial.
I sort of feel like I messed up my wording a while back with something else which is why I put the above sentence.
Awesome, Mr. L looks great now! I'll update the link and set up a banner for the OP when I get a chance. I look forward to the Virtual Boy R.O.B., too. I know it's quite a few textures, though.

I need that toon link costume in my life
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35341 This should be the right one.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Speaking of Toon Link, I might contirbute an Outset Link to this later on when Smash 3 is done...

Hansius

Smash Rookie
So I've started a new pack for Mega Lucario that is solely based on community suggestions. Currently there are only three recolors included in the pack, but as of right now I'm on break between semesters so I am really, REALLY bored and thus have a lot of downtime to work on recolors. So if anyone has an idea for a recolor, shoot me a message and so long as it's within reason, I will do my best to get it done. Also included are two recolors based off the Smash 3 "DLC" for Lucario.
You can find the pack on the vault. I'd link it but I'm still in that fun little new stage where you can't post links so that's fantastic... Currently, these are the only recolors included. More to come! (If you want them that is)

Also if you come up with a name for your suggestion, that would be great because as you can see... Yellocario -.-

Juken

Smash Ace
So I've started a new pack for Mega Lucario that is solely based on community suggestions. Currently there are only three recolors included in the pack, but as of right now I'm on break between semesters so I am really, REALLY bored and thus have a lot of downtime to work on recolors. So if anyone has an idea for a recolor, shoot me a message and so long as it's within reason, I will do my best to get it done. Also included are two recolors based off the Smash 3 "DLC" for Lucario.
You can find the pack on the vault. I'd link it but I'm still in that fun little new stage where you can't post links so that's fantastic... Currently, these are the only recolors included. More to come! (If you want them that is)

Also if you come up with a name for your suggestion, that would be great because as you can see... Yellocario -.-
If you're taking community suggestions for Lucario skins, I'd like to suggest the green mega Lucario in this and this Deoxys skin for him, although that one seems like a stretch.

Last edited:

Hansius

Smash Rookie
If you're taking community suggestions for Lucario skins, I'd like to suggest the green mega Lucario in this and this Deoxys skin for him, although that one seems like a stretch.
I could definitely do the green mega in that pack. I might even do more from that pack, it has a lot of good recolors actually... Deoxys would probably take a little while but I'll see what I can do with him.

Top Bottom