• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I think the Mega Garchomp Lucario is a little too dark looking, but I like the other two. The yellow/purple one is cool.
So for suggestions for more colors, I'd suggest another version of the Garchomp one that uses the same colors as the official Smash 3 one. Maybe also one based on shiny mega garchomp's colors, so fabulous.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I'm really impressed by this project, you're doing part of our work for us. Especially the renders; I actually thought you had some of our resources for a moment there. These look well done and I'd like to see how far this goes.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'm really impressed by this project, you're doing part of our work for us. Especially the renders; I actually thought you had some of our resources for a moment there. These look well done and I'd like to see how far this goes.
Thanks! We appreciate that.
There's this nice Falco skin based on his Assault design I'm looking at now, but due to the situation when actually trying it out on Project M, I may need to make a thread about it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25699
I actually never tried this one out because I was afraid it might mess with hitboxes, but it would be cool to see Assault Falco with a facelift.

I am about finished on texturing Shogun Dedede. Is there a rimlit version somewhere? Or would someone like to make one?

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I actually never tried this one out because I was afraid it might mess with hitboxes, but it would be cool to see Assault Falco with a facelift.
Oh lawd, it's actually ridiculous. There's a very small chance that you'll be able to land the side-smash and his continuous jab animation will have you laughing for a minute or two with friends.

It made me pretty peeved once I figured out that Brawl was most likely was only taken under consideration when creating the mod and would love if a PM-compatible version was made.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
So what is this, a download pack that has these textures? And it has Project M physics too? :O
These are just individual downloads for Smash 3-style textures of other models.

I'll be away for a month on vacation, so I am just going to go ahead and post what I have, even though it isn't rimlit. If the models get rimlighting, I'll update the download. Shogun Dedede only has his red color done, and the hammer isn't very good.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You guys are gonna love the update then, with them.... you're textures will be so much prettier because we ar--

Ooops, I can't spoil : ]

Also, are you guys intimidated by rimlighting? It doesn't bite, it just take a ridiculous amount of time to get used to.

Juken

Smash Ace
There's this nice Falco skin based on his Assault design I'm looking at now, but due to the situation when actually trying it out on Project M, I may need to make a thread about it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25699
Speaking of this, I did some things to a number of skins to make them fit the Smash 3 textures. but since I can't actually texture, it was more copy and paste of things like skin from the smash 3 textures. One of them was this assault falco recolor that was in Theytah's build. I'd use your Falco, but he's way too tall and I'd just prefer a recolor based on it over something that wouldn't look right.

Here's a picture of it with another recolor that I also pasted the Smash 3 belt and head/tail textures onto:
falco.jpg

And here's some others that I did. Should note that none of these have Smash 3 rimlighting, and that the Sonic and Dedede ones don't use the most recent Smash 3 Dedede (Dedede is supposedly getting a remake like most others anyway, and I'm an amateur at everything modding related, so I couldn't use the textures from the new Smash 3 Sonic with the side-mouth).
sonic.jpg luigidedede.jpg

I probably won't ever recolor them or make CSPs, but if anybody wants the .pac/.pcs files, I could give them.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
It made me pretty peeved once I figured out that Brawl was most likely was only taken under consideration when creating the mod and would love if a PM-compatible version was made.
Considering that Brawl is the reason all the hacking started in the first place, it's quite understandable lol.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of this, I did some things to a number of skins to make them fit the Smash 3 textures. but since I can't actually texture, it was more copy and paste of things like skin from the smash 3 textures. One of them was this assault falco recolor that was in Theytah's build. I'd use your Falco, but he's way too tall and I'd just prefer a recolor based on it over something that wouldn't look right.

Here's a picture of it with another recolor that I also pasted the Smash 3 belt and head/tail textures onto:
View attachment 33849

And here's some others that I did. Should note that none of these have Smash 3 rimlighting, and that the Sonic and Dedede ones don't use the most recent Smash 3 Dedede (Dedede is supposedly getting a remake like most others anyway, and I'm an amateur at everything modding related, so I couldn't use the textures from the new Smash 3 Sonic with the side-mouth).
View attachment 33851 View attachment 33852

I probably won't ever recolor them or make CSPs, but if anybody wants the .pac/.pcs files, I could give them.
I need that Masked Dedede!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Also, are you guys intimidated by rimlighting? It doesn't bite, it just take a ridiculous amount of time to get used to.
I wouldn't say that I am intimidated by it. I just personally don't care enough about it, and find it a bit tiring to do.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman

Just put this together. It's rimlit and textured, and even has metal textures, which the original lacked.
No renders or csps or anything yet, though. Or ingame screenshots. For some reason, the screenshot converter isn't working for me today...
If anyone wants it without new CSPs or anything, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsa38wk1b99z8lm/Smash 3C Wii R.O.B. (Crixler, Tock Knock).rar?dl=0

Won't be going on the OP until that's taken care of, though.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice

Just put this together. It's rimlit and textured, and even has metal textures, which the original lacked.
No renders or csps or anything yet, though. Or ingame screenshots. For some reason, the screenshot converter isn't working for me today...
If anyone wants it without new CSPs or anything, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsa38wk1b99z8lm/Smash 3C Wii R.O.B. (Crixler, Tock Knock).rar?dl=0

THIS IS THE BEST.

I'm only half-joking, I legitimately LOVE that skin to death!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I made a fix for Mr. L. He glitched in,you guessed, delfino.
And Virual Boy ROB is rimlit as well. No glitching in delfino.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eia3s76lx0poxm6/AABNHomyAuUC--t0JSUd5iJEa?dl=0
Merry Christmas everyone! Time to stuff my face with meat.
We need to update the op with your Virtual Boy ROB & Mr. L download, also did you try rim lighting JSRF Sonic, if you are I wish you the best of luck. Once you find out his problems you are going to have a hard time dealing with him. I rage quit half way through the process due to the model being such a hassle.

You guys are gonna love the update then, with them.... you're textures will be so much prettier because we ar--

Ooops, I can't spoil : ]

Not really unless you try to on JSRF sonic, then it becomes intimidating. (now I know why you guy's aren't attempting the PM alts minus Doc.)

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I'm sorry guys I totally forgot to put in the new textures. The VB ROB thats up is PM's with rimlight. I'm trying the textures right now.
I'm probably gonna go and rimlight everything that needs it. Unless you guys running the project got someone on that.
Do you all mind? @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie @ kazan kazan I dont know whos part of all this other than you guys.
EDIT: S3C VB ROB is up

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
We need to update the op with your Virtual Boy ROB & Mr. L download
Well, the current version on Brawl Vault was uploaded by Ledge, who I don't think is currently able to update stuff. I know he won't be able to make any more mods for a bit, but maybe he still has internet access and could update it. Not sure, we'll see.

I'm sorry guys I totally forgot to put in the new textures. The VB ROB thats up is PM's with rimlight. I'm trying the textures right now.
I'm probably gonna go and rimlight everything that needs it. Unless you guys running the project got someone on that.
Do you all mind? @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie @ kazan kazan I dont know whos part of all this other than you guys.
I'm part of the super elite S3C planning club thing, too. I put together a list of all the PM alts and several non-PM alts and the S3C status of all of them, but a lot of things I wasn't sure on the status for. It's not on the OP yet, but I'm hoping it will be a good resource to see what all needs to be done.
I've also started rimlighting a couple things (Conductor Toon Link and Wii ROB), but I haven't started anything else yet. I have no problem at all with you (or anyone else) contributing rimlighting! That would be pretty cool.

Taiko

Smash Ace
You guys should collab the "leaders" so that they'll always be able to update stuff. Then you don't need to worry about people being away!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

This looks awesome. I did make a CSP for that alt a while back, too:

Now take some fancy screenshots already.
And S3C Virual Boy ROB is rimlit as well. No glitching in delfino.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eia3s76lx0poxm6/AABNHomyAuUC--t0JSUd5iJEa?dl=0
This is awesome, but the download link doesn't seem to work for me.
You guys should collab the "leaders" so that they'll always be able to update stuff. Then you don't need to worry about people being away!
This is a good idea and I should do that and I will do that because it is a good idea.

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
I really want to add these to my brawl ex build, Too bad you can't add extra costumes in brawl ex
It's possible, you just have to edit the CSSSlot file and mark the costume file in the Fighter file to add it.
If you want me to explain you send me a message because this thread is not about BrawlEx.

Also for not being completely off-topic, I make this Mario based on the mirage series:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2yfpa93rsfkub7/Mirage Mario.zip?dl=0
I'm going to add it to the Vault later but it already has cosmetics and rim light in the zip, I also make this one:
But I'm not going to share it because I think the official Smash3 team is going to make it with their updated textures (unless somebody wants to use it without waiting for the Smash3 team version).

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
The list below has the requests i want for smash 3 sonic. And i want it made with the smash 3 model and textures are optional
1.Martime
2.Minty
3.Mars

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
The list below has the requests i want for smash 3 sonic. And i want it made with the smash 3 model and textures are optional
1.Martime
2.Minty
3.Mars]
You know, it wouldn't be that hard to make it, Maritime is just blue, minty is green and white (I might be wrong), mars is just orange and red. They are simply recolors. It would probably take only an hour to make all of them. Why isn't their already a Smash 3 Maritime, Miny, and Mars pack?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I guess I didn't notice this message earlier since I have been very busy, but that would be wonderful.
And S3C Virual Boy ROB is rimlit as well. No glitching in delfino.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mertsfq2rlllymi/AADXcn2AFLeIXG5vnOQf7d7sa?dl=0 FIXED LINK
Awesome! Both have been updated on BV, with credit of course. I won't be able to personally test them for a month but nice job.
I will finish the two recolors once I am back from vacation.

It's possible, you just have to edit the CSSSlot file and mark the costume file in the Fighter file to add it.
If you want me to explain you send me a message because this thread is not about BrawlEx.

Also for not being completely off-topic, I make this Mario based on the mirage series:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2yfpa93rsfkub7/Mirage Mario.zip?dl=0
I'm going to add it to the Vault later but it already has cosmetics and rim light in the zip, I also make this one:
But I'm not going to share it because I think the official Smash3 team is going to make it with their updated textures (unless somebody wants to use it without waiting for the Smash3 team version).
These are nice. I definitely think a section for re-colors like these would be good for the OP (maybe in the second post?)

kazan

Smash Apprentice
sorry guys, ive been innactive for awhile now :0
yesterday was my bday, the day before, i went to my grandparents house, and on christmas, i went to my other grandparents house.

but now im free! \o/

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Are you going to do the recolors?

And also what became of that ROB virtualboy rimlighting? You said something about forgetting the texture and I didn't download it because I was confused as to what's going on with it.
ROB is good to download.
Are you by chance asking about Shogun DDD recolors? Cause I don't really do recoloring. Unless your talking about rimlight,which can be done as soon as the recolors are out.

I guess I didn't notice this message earlier since I have been very busy, but that would be wonderful.

Awesome! Both have been updated on BV, with credit of course. I won't be able to personally test them for a month but nice job.
I will finish the two recolors once I am back from vacation.
Thanks.
Juken, that's probably the guy to ask about recolors.
You could also ask Crixler and kazan about it, seeing as ledgerewskie is going on vacation.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Maritime sonic has blue shoes and yellow eyes.
Minty Sonic is teal green and pink(magenta?)
Mars is sonic is red and dark navy blue. Plus it would take 6 hours to make all of them in one day. And we definitely need a maritime, minty and mars smash 3 pack, i agree.

Top Bottom