• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's Morphing Time!

Ike has morphed from his previous textures into a fully revamped (Power) Ranger Ike. I went back to the original Smash 3 release, and revamped those textures to HD and brought them up to the current standard of texture quality. Many of these textures are also double the size of the original Brawl textures. Ike is beefy in filesize and muscle!

This Ike costume is also the only Ranger Ike out there with one special feature too...

Yes that's right... Ike finally has fingernails! Special thanks to Large Leader/Colonel for actually doing what started out as a joke because one of the Ike textures had so much empty texture space. You really nailed it!

Enough of the puns... here are ten costumes!

But what is a Power Ranger without a mid-season armor upgrade?

Armored Ike is back, his armor getting a full modern Smash 3 metal update to keep him looking fresh as ever. Larger textures as well, along with 10 decked out colours to choose from! Fight for your friends while dressing in the colours of their armor!

When you're decked out in this much armor though you really do need fingered gloves for the full protection!

Hope you enjoy!
You, sir, have made my body... do things I probably should not mention... Oooooooooooooooh lort!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Ground Control to Major Tom
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

That is right Olimar is cruising in shiny new space gear, his regular space gear just wasn't enough! This outfit comes with two versions of the Astromar pose, one where Olimar is flying solo, and another where he is accompanied by a matching Pikmin.

Those Pikmin are always a handful! Sometimes they are so much trouble Olimar has to become one to control them...

Bad Ending Olimar also comes with 4 recolours of both versions... that is 10 recolours total. Check them all out in the album.

Both of these outfits were in our lite pack and were brilliantly made by Sylv and Aghanim. For this update I've gone and redone the stocks, Kurkato was kind enough to help set up all these recolours, and tryptech assisted with some more rendering, hope you enjoy!

Now here is another space oddity!

Classic Kirby returns for a new pop star tour! This version of Classic Kirby uses the arms and mapping of Theytah's Classic Kirby entry, but uses the original body and feet model to match hitboxes and hat transformations. Comes with 10 costumes total.

Shoutouts to Cynapse for helping me put this together months ago, and waiting so long for a render I ended up remaking in two days lol.

It's Kirby prancing time!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Do you like tournaments? Do you like Smash 3?

Take a tournament build and add in our super dope art project, and you get Smash 3 on the big screen!
Daddy Sakurai will likely never forgive us for this, but that's okay because we don't need his approval...or do we?
Anyway, big thanks to both @Xenthos and @davidvkimball for being my crash test dummies over the months I spent putting this together.
What's more, this includes netplay support and fully HD assets to go with it!

tryptech

Smash Cadet
Many of our recent releases have been pretty lit.

But you dare bring light into my lair? YOU MUST use these impressive looking textures.

A release worthy of my respect; the Gerudo King of Thieves, the immortal Demon King, and the wielder of the Triforce of Power is ready for all-out war! Don't take these textures lightly, these textures are ten times stronger than any other with a full 10 costumes total to choose from! I can't help but find some satisfaction in them...

Enjoy your time with the king, before he tricks you into causing calamity through terrible relationship advice!
EDIT: If you downloaded within the first two hours of release (or before this edit), there was a resizing oversight for sd cosmetics. The download is updated with a correction. Otherwise, if you choose to do it yourself in the spirit of 3C, please scale the HD assets down appropriately.

How many references can you count?

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Ho ho ho it's that time of year again!

IT'S THE SMASH 3CHRISTMAS EVENT!

Yes the event where you... the forum viewer are able to request a Smash 3/3C recolour of your very own.... rules are similar to the last one.

1. Send a message to me by December 20th with a recolour request of an existing Smash 3 or Smash 3C character. The title of your message needs to be "Smash 3Christmas Request". References and colours in the message are appreciated. The sooner you send your request the better.
2. I reserve the right to refuse or modify your request, as I may not have the resources for every recolour, I will offer a chance for an alternative to any costumes I cannot do.
3. Your smashboards account must be created before December 1st, 2017.

Lets see that holiday spirit everyone!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Seriously guys Christmas is almost here... don't you want to get a gift from a fat guy in a big red jacket? Although you might not want a gift from this fella. Who am I kidding this is no Saint Nicholas

LUST

GLUTTONY

ENVY

GREED

SLOTH

WRATH

and of course... PRIDE

DeDeDe comes back with more colour than ever, thanks to Xenthos this Shogun outfit has the original costumes jacket at the full resolution! Enjoy his new regal pose:

This penguin sure does love being a self-proclaimed royal! He has a fashionable waistband for every season!

These recolours also have the neck seam fix I did for the Smash 3 DeDeDe (see the Smash 3 thread). Hope you enjoy, and hope to see some more Christmas recolour requests!

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Small update, Bad Ending Olimar has been updated with the findings from the technical genius Dr., and passed onto us by the ever-charming Nezha!

And while I'm here, don't forget: You have 4 days to submit your request to Layell for the Smash 3Christmas Event! Don't miss out!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
A long time ago in an island far far away... a kid named Lucas decided to not have the logo's on the back of his shirts.

Copying Smash 4's lead... you can now not have sprite logo's on the back of your outfits. This is the power of Brawl Modding! Now forget about this, time to look at some old costumes.

Here we have two of those old Brawl costumes, along with an old costume that Aghanim made two years ago.. freshly revamped, you see at the time we didn't have the technology to remove shirt logos from the back, when we made the DCMC back then it had a mirrored logo on the rear, perfect for selfies I suppose. This rad band merch comes in no logo and mirrored (readable) logo backs. Last but not least Lucas is wearing his N64 outfit, because we never got Mother 3 on the N64, or in America.

But I find your lack of faith disturbing... surely if we use the force of our fan rallying it will come out one day!

Commander Lucas makes a striking return with his sword of light and included darth presence as a masked man. Pizzadog added some great new gloves and buttons. Included as well are updated renders that Ledge fixed after I screwed them up! Lucas is ready to roll, just don't give him a smashball or he might start a star war.

Hope you enjoyed this update, may the PSI be with you.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice

on this (belated) silent night, on this (also belated) holy night, marth’s project m costume re-enters the mayhem, completely revamped! to finally complete the early release as seen in the lite pack, he now has a full 10 recolors…

now you can fight ‘till death with an all-new wii u marth headswap, and a new falchion for wii u and smash 3 costumes! does this mean anything for future releases? yes? no? maybe? who knows. let the daylight come after days of war and turn up the heat!

happy holidays, and here’s to another year of smash 3c!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Man, thanks for the lovely releases recently. I hope the Smash 3C team had wonderful holidays and hope you all have a great new year!

D

Deleted member

on this (belated) silent night, on this (also belated) holy night, marth’s project m costume re-enters the mayhem, completely revamped! to finally complete the early release as seen in the lite pack, he now has a full 10 recolors…

now you can fight ‘till death with an all-new wii u marth headswap, and a new falchion for wii u and smash 3 costumes! does this mean anything for future releases? yes? no? maybe? who knows. let the daylight come after days of war and turn up the heat!

BROTHER WILL KILL BROTHER

OscarJerico

Smash Rookie

MY LOVE FOR THIS IS LIKE A THOUSAND VALFLAMES

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, it's a month after Christmas but here are the recolours!

I know I'm missing three requests in particular, which I'll see to trying to get at a later date. Some content simply was not as available as others, I hope you enjoy. This will be my last public recolour event run by me, but I'll be certain to release a few of the remaining characters as recolour packs in the relative future.

With that out of the way I'll be shivering my timbers for an update of a long forgotten PM costume...

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, it's a month after Christmas but here are the recolours!

I know I'm missing three requests in particular, which I'll see to trying to get at a later date. Some content simply was not as available as others, I hope you enjoy. This will be my last public recolour event run by me, but I'll be certain to release a few of the remaining characters as recolour packs in the relative future.

With that out of the way I'll be shivering my timbers for an update of a long forgotten PM costume...
Just a guess, but is the forgotten costume wolf?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
It's either PM Pirate Wolf, or Zero Suit Samus's missing white PM alt

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest I'm working on Pirate Wolf, though I do love me some ZSS. How about I show some of the work I've done on redesigning him?

One of the things I disliked was the very random dual zippers, this isn't a Kingdom Hearts game here. A bit of texture magic and vertexing is going to fix that though.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest I'm working on Pirate Wolf, though I do love me some ZSS. How about I show some of the work I've done on redesigning him?

One of the things I disliked was the very random dual zippers, this isn't a Kingdom Hearts game here. A bit of texture magic and vertexing is going to fix that though.
lol I bet if Smash characters had a Kingdom Hearts design even the dresses would have random zippers and belts

Layell

Smash Journeyman
So... question: What is this? is this a mod like PM?
No Smash 3 and Smash 3C is just a visual overhaul. You can use these outfits in Brawl, PM, Brawl- so long as you don't mind your characters not looking covered in the dusty Brawl aesthetic.

It isn't like Smash 2 which does have massive gameplay changes based on PM/Melee. But nothing we can do about that.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Yo Layell Layell , is there any way to download all of Smash3C at once? I'd be super down to put one together myself if there isn't, archiving Brawl mods is already a thing I do, I need to download everything anyway.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Yo Layell Layell , is there any way to download all of Smash3C at once? I'd be super down to put one together myself if there isn't, archiving Brawl mods is already a thing I do, I need to download everything anyway.
The Smash 3C inner circle has its own little archive of source files and downloads, but it's not arranged in a way for public release.

We don't really have an archive like that, if you really want to go ahead. Just know we do change things up frequently. If you want to maintain something like this perhaps hit me up on discord?

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
The Smash 3C inner circle has its own little archive of source files and downloads, but it's not arranged in a way for public release.

We don't really have an archive like that, if you really want to go ahead. Just know we do change things up frequently. If you want to maintain something like this perhaps hit me up on discord?
Don't know how well I could maintain it (in the thick of university atm), but I could definitely set it up real quick. Could probs have it done by the end of the day.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Three big releases today!

One day there was a boy with very strong PSI powers, he decided he would use his abilites to give himself a new render!

This Ness has been rendered up by Flambo and I have to say he really got the joy of being an OP kid who can shoot fire from his fingers! This Ness is so powerful he can even animate stuffed animals!

Your eyes do not deceive you... it is Substitute Ivysaur being released for Smash 3C only 5 days after the original release. A special thanks to LnktheWolf for giving me access to the models and textures while in development. This was the one project I planned to drop everything else I was doing to release, and now it's out... phew.

Tryptech deserves huge props as well for killing it in the renders again, you can almost feel that silky plush fur. This pack comes with 10 colours and 4 different versions! A reminder that the C in 3C also stands for choice!

But there is more... you thought a post by Layell would include Pirate Wolf... but it was actually DIO LINK TROPHY!

Yes Dio Link and friends appear from the archive of Smash 3 trophies... finally we get to include this random stuff in our actual packs. I mean who didn't want a trophy based on this random image?

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
3 years later and this project is still surprising me with it's content. Damn. I've just got my hands full trying to compile the new stuff on top of the lite pack, and that ain't a bad problem to have.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman

Hey guys long time no see, I'm here to tell you that Shadow Dedede has received an update! I've redone his textures along with his render and cosmetics. also I'm planning on updating my entire vault which contains mostly S3C content so keep an eye out for that
I also made a Shadow recolor for Dedede, hooray for options!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys make this stuff?
I'd suggest taking a look at the guide at the bottom of the 2nd post, Taiko's guide is really a lifesaver on how to do textures.

One tip I always like to give is to review other Smash 3/4 textures for reference, see the level of details involved in those works. You may be doing a new character, but thing like metal/clothing/fur have all been done in the project. So always have references to other textures.

Also hop on our discord, I'm always willing to help new people on how to texture the Smash 3 way!

Last edited:

Dark_Knight_X1

Smash Cadet
Quick question: is the Smash 3C Cloud its own character or a costume for an existing modded character? If it's a costume, can you please send me the link to download the character? Thanks.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone. While you wait for the direct, spare a thought for my friend Red. He recently heard that, in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, Charizard returned without him. Shocking. So, as anyone would, he confronted the Lizard Dragon, and...

Now all of the Pokémon have a template for CSP's, simplified for every single Pokémon in both Smash 3 AND Smash 3C! Talk about inclusive!

You just gotta catch-- I mean, you can download this update above.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever wanted more Pokemon colours? Colours you didn't even know existed like Melanzane???

Then I have an update for you!

Armored Charizard now has 12 total colours, and Shinobi Squirtle now has 11. Now let me tell ya folks we only have top tier colour choices here, most of them are even colour references to other pogeymans or vidya game characters!

Who hasn't wanted a 4 player Squirtle match with Koga, Naruto, Genji, and Ezio???? Top weeb plays right here with Smash 3C! Armored Zard also features two of the Legacy TE colours blatantly stolen (like I sometimes do), because I thought they would actually look good here!

Here take them!

Squirtle also has some edits to his S3 render to better match the original outfit, hope you enjoy. Brawl versions coming soon with the Pokemon Trainer DIY update (again).

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Really sorry for the delay on the Brawl Recolor update, guys! I've made a few fixes to the pack, like Wii U renders, positioning stuff, etc. I've also updated the renders and downscaled versions. I've also added in a new green Substitute Ivysaur color for your team color needs, thanks to Layell, who also pushed a fix to Shinobi Squirtle! Download them below!

And that's the last of the updates for Pokémon March!

... is what I would be saying on any other day.

Battle Legend Red, Alolan Pokémon Trainer, SuMo Red... Whatever you want to call him, he's finally made it to the Smash 3C style, giving Pokémon Trainer an alt! Suck it, Diddy.

After over a year of development, the guy in red that was sorely missing from PM 3.6 AND Smash 4 is here and ready to get right back into the fray! Or at least, get back in the commanding position. The best fighters are the ones who attack with words, though that's the kind of reference I'd get a lot of objections to. This Prodigal Poké Protagonist comes with 10 colors, which makes him more ready for 20 CP than even the more popular characters in PM. (Assuming 20 CP works with Brawl.) Yeah! Is that great or what? That means you can use him in any situation, as an Alt Costume or as a New Default! Now that's what I call STAB! (Smash ThreeC's Applicable :B:Anywhere!)

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an Ultra Ball with Mewtwo's name on it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom