• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Renders will now be posted here (for reals this time): https://mega.nz/#F!pI0WHTwT!olQ5HSVLmsHvGTJVjczWjQ

I'll get to uploading some of the ones I hadn't done lately too.

I do know the lite pack, as well as my own super pack is super outdated. I've been working on updating my stuff, and some other devs have been wishing to update the lite pack as well. Stay tuned for more.

Last edited:

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
I have downloaded the original Project M 3.6 so that I can implement these skins into the built. However, Every time I launch project m through homebrew it displays the brawl menu and when I get to the stage selection screen, It freezes. Can anyone explain to me how to get this inside my built. I have been trying for the past few days thinking ill be able to figure it out myself but have failed and I am now recruiting to this. PLEASE HELP.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hello, everyone.

I have now updated my Super Pack, now more fully featured than before it has a ton of competitive stages, fun stages, reskins of competitive stages, music, as well as the most up to date S3/S3C content. As with before most characters have 10 costumes and alternate team colour costumes.

This update was a long time in the making so I hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Double Posting Alert!

Super Diddy Kong was updated with a few fixes that Cynapse also applied to the Brawl Vault entry of Diddy Kong. You should download both of them.

Or just download it in my Super Pack (see post above me) as I've updated it to version 2.15 with Diddy fixes and two updated stages: Venom Story and Ruined Seige (yes I made a Star Fox skinned Yoshi's Story, it somehow worked).

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Smash 3versary Recolour Requests

Just over one year ago I was the fresh recruit of the one and only Smash 3 team! I had been recruited to help organize and push out the final Smash 3 content. To celebrate the anniversary of Smash 3s release I will be allowing every forum user to PM me one recolour request, just like I did before at Christmas with renders, stocks, CSP, and all! There are just a few rules:

1. Your account must have been created before this post was made.
2. You must start a conversation with me on Smashboards with the topic "Smash 3versary"
3. In the post you must tell me what Smash 3 or Smash 3C character you would like recoloured, and then either describe the recolour or post pictures of what the recolour ought to look like.
4. All requests are due July 1st.

Special Note: While I have access to most Smash 3 and Smash 3C content, if I cannot create your recolour I will let you know and give you the option of requesting something else.

On July 31st, the Smash 3versary, I will release all the recolours for you to enjoy : )

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Please read the rules regarding requests.

I have updated Brawl Pit due to an error with his tunic:

Requests however are still open for the S3versary recolours! You have 10 days left to submit a request.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Please read the rules regarding requests.

I have updated Brawl Pit due to an error with his tunic:

Requests however are still open for the S3versary recolours! You have 10 days left to submit a request.
You know, having a Forces of Nature recolor for brawl Pit like what was done for the S3 model at Christmas would be nice...

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
Can someone provide me a download link for Smash 3C Super Sonic CSPs? I can't find one anywhere.

NNID
Samyatang
I really love the Smash 3C mods! Anyway, I hope it's not a problem if I ask a question here. So basically, whenever I try to use the costume expansion code for Project M for the Smash 3C lite texture pack, it doesn't work. And by doesn't work, I mean that the Project M launcher does not detect any codes whatsoever, and sends me to the wii menu. I REALLY love these Smash 3C textures, but I can't get them to work. :/

SkySSB

Smash Rookie
I took and edited the textures of Sylveon's Smash 3C Geno, and rendered it to be in the pose of Legacy XP. I'm using it for my personal build. I have also made all of his recolors from Legacy XP. If anyone can help me in adding the same lighting from the Smash 3 renders, it would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Summer is full of hot, muggy, Sunny Days, right?

We humans may not like the heat, but Charizard sure does! Enjoy your sleek new car or phone or whatever with a Zard of the same caliber! Maybe he'll help you roast a few weenies at your local? Or perhaps light a few fire crackers? Either way, this model is fire!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who submitted recolour requests, I have over 20. Time to get to work!

One request I got a lot of was Diddy's PM Orange colour, which I really ought to have done. So anyone who tried to request it, I denied and asked for something else... because it's out now!

We also get some Cranky and Junior colours, we have to represent all ages here!

EDIT: The Super Pack has been updated with the orange and teal outfits!

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I originally intended to release this trailer last before the full Smash 3 pack release but never got to finish it in time (hence why Kirby's trailer simply has the full roster at the end of the credits). I finally got back in the rhythm and finished this up.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Wow sure has been a while since I've posted here huh? Time sure does fly, but i have WAA-nderful news! Waluigi has finally been updated!

Oh and what's this, more color options? Yup, now there are 12 colors total to choose from!

armyman12345

Smash Apprentice
Hello, everyone.

I have now updated my Super Pack, now more fully featured than before it has a ton of competitive stages, fun stages, reskins of competitive stages, music, as well as the most up to date S3/S3C content. As with before most characters have 10 costumes and alternate team colour costumes.

This update was a long time in the making so I hope you all enjoy it!
I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but please for the love of god, upload this to somewhere other than MEGA.

TheKirbyFan

Smash Cadet
Yeah.
It's so slow and if you have a free account they make you wait for five literall hours before the download because there's a data limit for each day.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman

But wait, there's more! Now, everyone's favorite edgy hedgehog has now joined Smash 3C! I originally made him for my upcoming build but decided to release him, but there are some alts exclusive to my build so stay tuned for it. ;)

Well what are you waiting for? Download him now!

and with this i return to my slumber

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
ARE YOU GRIPPED WITH EXCITEMENT FOR SOME OF YOUR SMASH 3 RECOLOUR REQUESTS?

WELL UNGRIP YOUR CLENCHED HANDS JUST A BIT!

Here is another set of recolours, now including the Ravio recolour requested by Crashsquirrelknight and the Tingle recolour from the Christmas pack. I also continue my dislike of grey skinned creepy black outfits, and go for the gold in a Triforce Yellow outfit!

Crashsquirrelknight

Smash Rookie
ARE YOU GRIPPED WITH EXCITEMENT FOR SOME OF YOUR SMASH 3 RECOLOUR REQUESTS?

WELL UNGRIP YOUR CLENCHED HANDS JUST A BIT!

Here is another set of recolours, now including the Ravio recolour requested by Crashsquirrelknight and the Tingle recolour from the Christmas pack. I also continue my dislike of grey skinned creepy black outfits, and go for the gold in a Triforce Yellow outfit!
Thanks for the Ravio recolor :D

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'm posting more recolours, including one that was requested for the Smash 3versary.

Any objections lady?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Without further ado here are those recolours I promised you all...

I hope you all enjoy, perhaps you'll even use some colours you did not request! That is entirely possible now. If you don't see your request then you likely ignored the response I sent to a certain number of those that I did not have the source files to.

In addition, there were three requests for a certain costume that I had actually done some heavy recolour work on. However, I decided to not release these because some of the original texture souces were lost. But this costume does deserve new colours, thus I will be revamping the textures entirely to bring them up to the modern S3 standard. I won't give away what character it is but his name rhymes with Mike, and both his original and alternate costume will see revamps done by me in the (relative) future.

I'm not double posting again so here is a new racer

Motorcycle not included.

Last edited:

OscarJerico

Smash Rookie
Without further ado here are those recolours I promised you all...

I hope you all enjoy, perhaps you'll even use some colours you did not request! That is entirely possible now. If you don't see your request then you likely ignored the response I sent to a certain number of those that I did not have the source files to.

In addition, there were three requests for a certain costume that I had actually done some heavy recolour work on. However, I decided to not release these because some of the original texture souces were lost. But this costume does deserve new colours, thus I will be revamping the textures entirely to bring them up to the modern S3 standard. I won't give away what character it is but his name rhymes with Mike, and both his original and alternate costume will see revamps done by me in the (relative) future.

I'm not double posting again so here is a new racer

Motorcycle not included.

YES, BASED LAYELL DOES IT AGAIN WITH THE N64 LUIGI!

thank you layell.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
SURPRISE IT'S THE

HAPPY NESS UPDATE

Ness was feeling down and out, Smash 3 didn't give him many changes on the final release, and his Smash 3C recolour pack lost colours when Smash 3 came out. Plus his PJ costume was really just an oversaturated copy of the original PM textures....

...until today.

Ness comes in with swanky new Smash 3 textures, a new render from Sylveon, and two new costumes! Plus his default clothing texture is twice the size of the original PM textures!

Can you tell what the final outfit is a reference to?

Too late more costumes!

Hey look it's some swanky hoola hooping guy, a costume I swore I just released in another recolour pack, a hippy outfit with some higher quality patterning, and what is this???

Ness is a real star... man!

Hope you enjoy

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Absolutely incredible. The recolours are great and the new PJ Ness looks brilliant. Unfortunate name on the Mewtwo recolour, "Mewtwo_XD". Butyeah, sorry, still brilliant.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys! It has been a while since I've replied here!
Meanwhile our focus has been working together on our discord server we haven't quite showed updates for the lite pack, or at least we never did that here! Last year we released this beatifull feasible pack for Project M and since then the pack started to grow with some new cool options like new Costumes! , New UIs and much more!

Our favourite hunter comes straight from her prime game with some new hot textures and shiny materials!

It seems that olimar it's using some new fancy costumes to land on new planets!

But sometimes the landings are hard and his costume breaks!

Look even Ness has some new cool outfits! (I guess that a pajama will also do the trick)

I heard that jet set sonic wanted to try some new colored outfits too!

Marth got some new sick Sigurd costume revamps!

Remember the lite pack was born to be feasible so it "should" work with unofficial PM versions too, for istance take a look to how beautiful waluigi looks!

We also have some Single player mode updates!

Using the Smash 3C Select Screens & Stocks you can also get a nice smash 4 looking classic mode screen

Items got an update as well; just look how good smash 3C metals and sandbag look. Absolutely stunning!

It also includes a new smash 3C styled main menu option!

But the extra good things for last? yes it even includes a vPM models only option and a smash 3 roy and ike only option for all the fans who wants to use different costumes. Take a look

Extra note, it includes a sm4sh styled team battles option thanks to our coding magic of pyotrluzhin!
We even have the smash 3 SFX and smash 3 styled PSA effects to match our costumes!

I'm sorry about the Imgur album but it will be updated in some days. As for now just enjoy our anniversary update!

Now I'd just like to have a brief moment to thank anyone involved in the smash 3C project, so really thank you guys for all the hard work you have done for this pack! If we are able to share this beatiful thing today it's all for your hard work, so really thank you.
All I can say it now it's that I hope you enjoy the update and yes...

Go Download it NOW! Happy Anniversary anyone

Last edited:

TheOneTrueNail

Smash Rookie
Every time I try to play as Roy in the updated lite pack, the game keeps crashing once I select a stage. The optional changes I installed was for him & Ike to have their Smash 3 Costumes and all the menu changes that came with those, as well as the additional SFX, and the Smash 4 Team thing. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Top Bottom