• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I would so make a Smash 3C hoodie Diddy in response to that comment, but I don't has the skills

What was the fix done on Squirtle?
I fixed the Koga belt in the pack... originally he had a purple belt and a black knot. I fixed it on the render with my extra costumes, but today it now is properly purple in the render.

Speaking of updates... did anyone remember that tryptech did Samus alt rerenders that made their debut in the lite pack???? They were never included in the original packs, but I am rectifying that.

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Whew, thank goodness Pokémon March is over. It was getting real obnoxious. Moving on to things people actually want.

Ironic, considering Smashboards' April Fools. Anyway, this is 100% real, and is definitely not too big! Considering I had to scale him down. I don't think a single person can ignore this 100% tourney legal mod!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

The king of evil returns once again because he clearly needed more outfits... raise your right arm at least 90 degrees and dare to bring light into the lair of this new update!

YOUR EYES DO NOT DECEIVE YOU! Smash 3C Pig Ganon's Nipple nips into the fray. Curiously in no media did Classic Ganon show his nipples proudly, but clearly now that he's joined Smash he needs to take off that heavy breastplate to display these purple gumdrops. Just look at their near-roundedness, perfect shading, and overall bounce.... Mario has nothing on these leathery yet juicy nips (also featuring a slight texture overlay of leather for genuine leathery nips). All the pig hair in the world couldn't hide away these nipples from the release they rightly deserve.

Download now, put it in your pack, put it in your friends pack, frame it on the wall for all to see!

(coming soon as a sticker too)

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
This wasn't planned, but if Layell is really gonna do this to me...

(coming soon as a sticker too)
... then who am I to say no?

Happy Easter!

i didnt actually discuss with anyone about this sticker, i just did it of my own volition.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hello.

I would like to preface this by saying this is not a typical "full release"...

But if Nintendo thinks they can release a 4 year old port for a higher price than the original release... well that feels downright Funky to me!

I am releasing only the fighter files for the Funky Kong made by Boygos and myself.

(click the image to download)

Yes he's finally here, and honestly, he deserves his own entire DK Rap!

This costume was made quite some time ago by Boygos, and I put in some detailing work as well. However, due to a few small issues we never moved forward with full renders, and thus release. But I didn't want all this hard work to go to waste. I would encourage anyone to use this Funky Kong as a z-alt costume where renders aren't necessary.

Rest assured we are testing some groovy new fur rendering techniques out in the Smash 3C lab, but they will be heading to some other party animals. If the 20 slot release ever comes to fruition I will certainly return to this bodacious beast... but for now, I will be focusing on costumes with visible CSPs.

Also if you haven't played Tropical Freeze, do yourself a favour and buy it, on Switch or Wii-U I don't care it's still an amazing game!

Time to ride back to those other costumes.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
This is just a quick post, I know a lot of people are interested in the Cosmetic Standardization Project and Smash 3/3C content. Heck I am too, I'm part of both projects! There is a slight problem in that there are a few material node tricks that S3/3C uses in order to make Smash 3 renders look as delicious as they are. We also have full uncompressed and/or HD textures we like using for our renders.

Last but not least, there are a lot of small model changes in Smash 3/3C, off the top of my head the following have either large or small model edits:

-Captain Falcon
-Retro Falcon
-Link
-Brawl Samus
-Ranger Ike
-Toon Link
-Outset Link
-Bowser

So this isn't to discourage anyone from making these, just let me know. I can help with getting HD textures, if they are not already in the Smash 3 HD Project. Plus I have a few other cool tidbits.

We still have a lot of cool stuff in the wings of Smash 3C, hopefully I get to release them fur real!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Oh no I'm triple posting... at least it's some new content!

While preparing the Legacy TE 3C pack I've been going through all content with a fine tooth comb. Because of this I've added a few extra recolours

Retro Falcon gets two new ones to Falcon Punch to.

Sonic_01_A_CSP.png

Red Brawl Sonic has an alternate version with black/yellow shoes... you can totally see that right?

Click the pics to go to the packs, as a word of warning I did have to redo a few of the cosmetics to keep them consistent, so if you want these you might have to redo some CSPs/BPs

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, while we are all excited for new smash games, rest assured your favourite illegal mod retexture pack will continue. Many people may wonder, will we remake colours, will we import high poly models, who knows at this point... we'll make it up as we go!

But right now I have a release many of us been waiting on for a long time.... our great furry friend.....

Racing Suit Sonic coming in to the finish line. A huge thanks to Mach for assisting me with the suit textures. This model has a few optimizations for the main body, every bit counts with such a detailed suit... it's not even symmetrical!

We got five sweet colours to use!

If by me mentioning furry friend you thought I meant something else I apologize. People who aren't me are working very hard on it (my texture work is done). But I do have one evil character here to show everyone....

Yaas Queen! That's right, a Shadow Queen Peach update! Greyson noticed we had a glaring error on the crown, and I recently noticed that the recolours don't have their own colour for umbrellas.

Two new colours join the pack, the red one now slightly edited from an earlier request in the Smash 3 Anniversary pack I did last year, and a brown colour as dusty as Brawl's art style.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Greyson noticed we had a glaring error on the crown
While I did technically notice an error, it was only after ThePizzaDog ThePizzaDog pointed it out. In fact, Pizza was the one who edited the textures and fixed the renders.
Give Pizza all the credit and love! What a pal!

DeuceMiler

Smash Rookie
Heyo I just downloaded the Smash 3C lite build over vanilla PM 3.6, and I just noticed that Snake's grenades are exploding after 3 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds like they should be. Is there any way to fix this?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Heyo I just downloaded the Smash 3C lite build over vanilla PM 3.6, and I just noticed that Snake's grenades are exploding after 3 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds like they should be. Is there any way to fix this?
It's possible that the 3C lite pack overwrote Snake's moveset. You could try going into Snake's vanilla PM3.6 folder and copy over FitSnake.pac
That would bring his moveset back.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice

the once and future hero-king is once again summoned to battle in smash 3c! now here to accompany holy war is marth's main wii u costume. marth has a full suite of 10 costumes, both familiar and new:

prove yourself as the strongest of your class with this new model! keen eyes may discern new details on it...

the weight of marth's sword is the weight of his pride, and falchion only promises victory to those worthy enough to wield it! will you be the one to master the holy sword?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
how dare we work for free on things that we want, and not what you want.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

the once and future hero-king is once again summoned to battle in smash 3c! now here to accompany holy war is marth's main wii u costume. marth has a full suite of 10 costumes, both familiar and new:

prove yourself as the strongest of your class with this new model! keen eyes may discern new details on it...

the weight of marth's sword is the weight of his pride, and falchion only promises victory to those worthy enough to wield it! will you be the one to master the holy sword?

I've been lurking on this thread for the past few months, but I just had to log back in to compliment you guys on how great Marth looks, amazing job as always! Really considering putting together a more updated PM build soon so I can try this (alongside some more of the recent 3C costumes) out.

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie

Hey, listen! The former "boy without a fairy" has awakened from a long rest in the Chamber of Sages, and he’s ready to rejoin the fray! Ocarina of Time Link has been updated with revamped textures, a brand new sheathe, and three stylish new recolors— bringing his total up to 11!

With the mythical Master Sword in hand, Link will truly look like the legendary Hero of Time!

Only one question remains…

Or willst thou suck?

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
This was a message telling someone off but instead, I'm going to chatise everyone who thought the blue color screenshot was an infinity war reference. Cmon, you get the longshot in the water temple!

Last edited:

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
That ain't Falco! *wipes off glasses* Oh wait... It is!
Banner (1).png
After much procrastination I'm finally back to deliver some new Bird Boi renders! With these renders you can really feel his style and grace. You can expect the usual: HD and SD stocks, CSPs, and BPs. Special thanks to Jetfantastic for making the CSP and BP crops, and to Grayson and Layell for helping with the SD stocks.

Mat4014

Smash Rookie
That ain't Falco! *wipes off glasses* Oh wait... It is!
View attachment 150950
After much procrastination I'm finally back to deliver some new Bird Boi renders! With these renders you can really feel his style and grace. You can expect the usual: HD and SD stocks, CSPs, and BPs. Special thanks to Jetfantastic for making the CSP and BP crops, and to Grayson and Layell for helping with the SD stocks.
Its Beautiful BEATUTIFUL

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
While I was working on those stocks, I noticed an issue with S3C Melee Falco's stocks and subsequently fixed them. You can get your hands on them here:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Oh baby a triple... fix

While working on a little thing for Diddy Kong, I noticed the default costumes have a slight seam. Also some hats had the wrong colour showing slightly at the back.

Go banana's with this new update, also the Donkey Kong Adventure DLC for Rabbids Kingdom Battle is great fun.

EDIT: If you downloaded this on July 7 I missed an eye fix for certain stages that was fixed when we released on BV, it has been added now.

No monkey business from me... I swear!

*on review I may be doing another Diddy update in the near future...... found more things to fix.

Last edited:

64smashmaster3ds

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNMaster
3DS FC
3368-3792-2945
Switch FC
SW-8128-4432-7031
This is really good. Can't wait to see more for each fighter like Lucina or HW Zelda.
Question, does some of the textures only work for Project M?
(Trophies' description seems harsh...)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Most of the image links on the front page are all broken. That just me, or is that for everyone?

If the latter, any way to fix it?

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Most of the image links on the front page are all broken. That just me, or is that for everyone?

If the latter, any way to fix it?
This happens frequently. Probably because of the sheer amount of content offered... A fix could have been introduced alt text for all images and downloads, but that's not something Smashboards supports.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Ahoy mates, I have another Kong's Quest to fulfill... and part of that is more Diddy updates!

I've done a few more seam updates, but most importantly I have also done a full on revamp version of Diddy's fur. I felt we could have some improvements in colour overall. Out of respect for the work of the Smash 3 original team I have my update and the originals in the packs below.

(You'll also notice Yellow Diddy has a grey Nintendo logo on his hat like in Smash 4, have to have that Nintendo pride visible!)

But these updates were really all in service for this little guy...

Hooded Diddy is finally here, ready to take on his full time rapping career in six different colours!

He has both my updated fur version and the original Smash 3 fur as well, the choice is yours.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Please, continue being excellent. Even if the new game's causing the 3C audience to get smaller and quieter. I appreciate it all the more.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Is there a way to make the game stop crashing? I am trying to figure out a way to make it stop crashing at random times.

Top Bottom