• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MegaMario64

Smash Rookie
NNID
newsupermario12
Are Ike, Marth, & Roy models from Smash Wii U?
Yup!
Also, for some reason Pikachu crashes on the menu for me. I have BrawlEX active, and whenever I choose a costume for Pikachu for the computer player, the game crashes.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
you guys need to redo that link render, the lack of antialiasing hurts my eyes and soul

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
Yup!
Also, for some reason Pikachu crashes on the menu for me. I have BrawlEX active, and whenever I choose a costume for Pikachu for the computer player, the game crashes.
Do you have the scrapped Pikachu model or the one that's in the download now (Brawl Model)? If you have the scrapped one, you should probably download again with the solo download.

MegaMario64

Smash Rookie
NNID
newsupermario12
No, I'm absolutely sure it's a BrawlEX thing now. Mostly a thing on my part.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
you guys need to redo that link render, the lack of antialiasing hurts my eyes and soul
The render doesn't need to be done it's the button that does. Shun probably resized the render with different settings.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Not quite.
Are Ike, Marth, & Roy models from Smash Wii U?
Ike and Roy are heavily optimized from jaystring's import, whereas Marth is custom and made to mimic Smash 4's design.

Kirby issues for you, Tails. I spent a few hours with him, (without using the sfx) and only Samus crashed when copied. Everyone else presented no issues, though I did find a few strange tidbits included in the spoiler below. The ICs hat appears to be darker than the duo themselves, but maybe that was just the stage? The first screen is the error Dolphin throws endlessly with Samus.
Untitled-1.png

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when I try to replace Mario stocks with the Smash 3 stocks I get an error report on BrawlBox.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I just plop them in with Costume Manager and everything is hunky-dory.
Unfortunately, Costume Manager can't be used to replace stocks in the results screen or StockFaceTex.brres, so one would still have to fiddle with BrawlBox to get all of them.

BrawlBox only gives me that error whenever I absentmindedly try to drag-and-drop the stock icons instead of right-click -> Replace. Make sure you're not making that mistake, I suppose.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, Costume Manager can't be used to replace stocks in the results screen or StockFaceTex.brres, so one would still have to fiddle with BrawlBox to get all of them.

BrawlBox only gives me that error whenever I absentmindedly try to drag-and-drop the stock icons instead of right-click -> Replace. Make sure you're not making that mistake, I suppose.
You can save yourself a ton of time by exporting MiscData[90] from sc_selcharacter and replacing both StockFaceTex and MiscData[120] in the results stage with it. Haven't tested the former, but I know for certain it works with the latter.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
You can save yourself a ton of time by exporting MiscData[90] from sc_selcharacter and replacing both StockFaceTex and MiscData[120] in the results stage with it. Haven't tested the former, but I know for certain it works with the latter.
Two birds with one stone. I like it.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Some individual links have been updated! Thanks to everyone for the bug reports! the following characters have received updated DLs:

DK
Lucas
Squirtle
Kirby
ZSS

Don't want to re-DL the individual files? Download this patch instead! https://www.dropbox.com/s/5756bb17uqrk55q/patch2.zip?dl=0

Also, I'd like to take a second to briefly touch on Ike, and whether he causes lag or not. A few people have noted that he has a very high facepoint count. Usually, this is indicative of laggy imports. However, Ike's expressions (blink, halfblink, talk and ouch) account for roughly 13k facepoints. These expressions cycle out according to whichever animation is active at the time, so only one expression is visible at all times. This means that he's just barely at the cusp of lag on Wii, at ~20k facepoints. He MIGHT cause lag with other high-density imports in the same match, but in vanilla Smash 3, he'll always run smoothly.

That said, if you experience lag on Wii, please post here with specific details about the match. Number of players, characters being used, and stage are all we require! Thanks!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Kirby issues for you, Tails. I spent a few hours with him, (without using the sfx) and only Samus crashed when copied. Everyone else presented no issues, though I did find a few strange tidbits included in the spoiler below. The ICs hat appears to be darker than the duo themselves, but maybe that was just the stage? The first screen is the error Dolphin throws endlessly with Samus.
Ah, the IC's hat is something I forgot about. It has a very unusual interaction with the IC's themselves. Turn them from left to right and you'll see what I mean. The Captain Falcon hat has the same glitch; I can only assume it's a materials issue.

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Can I ask, what was wrong with the characters in blerb's DL? Also, I haven't had Kirby crash once. Like, ever. Except for Ike and the occasional GX crash that comes with PAL, I've been completely fine. The only difference in my build is that I completely replaced PS2 and I used a different common3.pac.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Can I ask, what was wrong with the characters in blerb's DL?
I can as I have contribuited on lots of those.
Donkey Kong got a weird issue fixed on the fur on his back
Lucas got his 09 costume textures fixed (it was using the the same lucas 06 costume before)
Squirtle got his FS eye problems fixed
Kirby got his samus hat fixed (no more crashes yay!) and we added a new G&W costume for him!
for ZSS we fixed the clipping issues with the lights on her back.

... and today I'm back with more fixes
We have updated ZSS again with some normals fixed on her head! All thanks to blerb blerb !
here's the DL: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xeyc75en37z68yc/AAD6nLsrIbpP9vIlVzK74qVOa?dl=0

Ah, the IC's hat is something I forgot about. It has a very unusual interaction with the IC's themselves. Turn them from left to right and you'll see what I mean. The Captain Falcon hat has the same glitch; I can only assume it's a materials issue.
I have fixed the material issues for the ice climbers and for the falcon hat too!
DL: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p4v5tz1n1ikdud7/AACHMd1QuUF3PM7MbrOIVrvka?dl=0

I have updated the smash 3 builds with all of those fixes enjoy!

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'd like to take a second to briefly touch on Ike, and whether he causes lag or not. A few people have noted that he has a very high facepoint count. Usually, this is indicative of laggy imports. However, Ike's expressions (blink, halfblink, talk and ouch) account for roughly 13k facepoints. These expressions cycle out according to whichever animation is active at the time, so only one expression is visible at all times. This means that he's just barely at the cusp of lag on Wii, at ~20k facepoints. He MIGHT cause lag with other high-density imports in the same match, but in vanilla Smash 3, he'll always run smoothly.

That said, if you experience lag on Wii, please post here with specific details about the match. Number of players, characters being used, and stage are all we require! Thanks!
Would it be feasible for Roy to have full expressions as well?

Chag0

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the updated pack and while it fixes most of the problems, there are still some issues:
-It uses an old Diddy, with the weird eyes
-The BP for default Mario is an outdated one (barely noticeable)
-Pit still crashes

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded the updated pack and while it fixes most of the problems, there are still some issues:
-It uses an old Diddy, with the weird eyes
-The BP for default Mario is an outdated one (barely noticeable)
-Pit still crashes
remove the Pit sawnd and you'll be ok.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
His skeleton doesn't export from Max correctly. Either that, or Bbox corrupts it on import. Draco gave me a method to fix it, but it's not quite done yet. Sorry for the wait!

Last edited:
Top Bottom