• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lil Blue

Smash Rookie
I added the smash 3 pack to a clean PM 3.6 and I wanted to add the stage expansion template, but I have been running into issues. It works, but with occasional freezing when the stage loads and also in the results screen. If anyone has advice I would be very thankful!

Also, why do the individual downloads have .DS_Store files but not the main pack? (I do not know much about these things, sorry)

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Does anyone have a version of Peach with her Pink Gold metals or is that something that should be taken care of in the S3C thread?
You can just add the effect to each costume by naming the metal00 texture something else and then adding the pink gold texture with that name. S3 never had plans to include it.
I thing the rob crash is due to the fact that the project m 3.6 adds specific effects to the costume slot of Mario Kart DS rob, and if you use regular rob, it'll crash.
That was indeed the issue.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
You can just add the effect to each costume by naming the metal00 texture something else and then adding the pink gold texture with that name. S3 never had plans to include it.
Could you be a bit more detailed with this process, please? Where do I rename the metal00 texture and how do I insert the pink gold texture? Can I add the pink gold texture as "metal00" in TextureData[0] without renaming anything?

Obskore

Smash Ace
Could you be a bit more detailed with this process, please? Where do I rename the metal00 texture and how do I insert the pink gold texture? Can I add the pink gold texture as "metal00" in TextureData[0] without renaming anything?
i'd go with having PM's and Smash 3's files open on brawl box side by side and see what the difference is

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
i'd go with having PM's and Smash 3's files open on brawl box side by side and see what the difference is
The obvious difference is that PM's Peach has a pink gold texture called "Ref1". I get the feeling that I can't just add a texture to Smash 3 Peach named "Ref1" and expect it to work as intended. I'm still rather new to Brawl modding, so any help in this area is appreciated.

Obskore

Smash Ace
The obvious difference is that PM's Peach has a pink gold texture called "Ref1". I get the feeling that I can't just add a texture to Smash 3 Peach named "Ref1" and expect it to work as intended. I'm still rather new to Brawl modding, so any help in this area is appreciated.
make a backup of the untouched costume and mess with the texture entry
i just yesterday added cBliss slots to Sonic in Brawl and adding runtrails for the corresponding customs was a matter of adding textures and giving then their proper names (although, that's done in his moveset file)

edit: excuse me but, what happened to the Smash 3 trophies? i remember there being a dio link with a Oocoo on his shoulder, the Light Suit recolor samus, and one with ridley shown awhile ago i think?

Last edited:

Runathir

Smash Rookie
So I was looking at the Project M version of The Pack from the 1st page (the latest version), and noticed a few things amiss in the sc_selcharacter.pac file.

First, DK and Samus only have 9 CSPs (missing MenSelchrFaceB.020 and .040 respectively).
Pikachu's last 3 are just the default Brawl CSP.
ZSS's last one is also the default Brawl CSP.
Ike's 4th one is the light blue Brawl CSP.
ROB's last one is the default Smash 3 CSP.
Roy's last 3 are the default PM CSP.
Snake's last 3 are the default Brawl CSP.

I waited 2+ years for this unpolished crap?!?! j/k, thanks for all the hard work guys ^_^

Shren

Smash Journeyman
edit: excuse me but, what happened to the Smash 3 trophies? i remember there being a dio link with a Oocoo on his shoulder, the Light Suit recolor samus, and one with ridley shown awhile ago i think?
Yeah... What ever did happen to that?

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
excuse me but, what happened to the Smash 3 trophies? i remember there being a dio link with a Oocoo on his shoulder, the Light Suit recolor samus, and one with ridley shown awhile ago i think?

Last edited:

Kuzedere

Smash Rookie
i used the pack on a clean PM 3.6 and it seems to freeze randomly. is there somthing wrong with the wii or?? (sorry im sorta new at wii moding)

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
i used the pack on a clean PM 3.6 and it seems to freeze randomly. is there somthing wrong with the wii or?? (sorry im sorta new at wii moding)
try to figure out exactly when it freezes. Like is it on start up or when you get to the character select screen.

Kuzedere

Smash Rookie
try to figure out exactly when it freezes. Like is it on start up or when you get to the character select screen.
its completely random. i thought it had something to do with pit since everytime it froze pit was involved somehow but then i played a good 10 matches with pit and didnt freeze till midway through a fight on FD with roy and ike.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
its completely random. i thought it had something to do with pit since everytime it froze pit was involved somehow but then i played a good 10 matches with pit and didnt freeze till midway through a fight on FD with roy and ike.
if it froze on pit roy and ike try seeing if a specific move causes it. Those are all characters where there were sword trails added i believe.

Kuzedere

Smash Rookie
if it froze on pit roy and ike try seeing if a specific move causes it. Those are all characters where there were sword trails added i believe.
ok after a few tests it froze 3 times. once when selecting sonic on the CSS. once when backing out of the My Music menu. and once more while playing a mario mirror. so it seems to be random freezes

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
ok after a few tests it froze 3 times. once when selecting sonic on the CSS. once when backing out of the My Music menu. and once more while playing a mario mirror. so it seems to be random freezes
ya thats way too many instances to isolate it properly. try formatting your sd card and then put in a clean download

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Look, I'll just make a little pack with all costumes having the texture added in and upload it later.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Look, I'll just make a little pack with all costumes having the texture added in and upload it later.
That's rather kind of you. Can this be done entirely in BrawlBox or does one need 3DS Max/Blender?

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to report some bugs. Roy, Pit, and Fox have no functional metals. As for ZSS, well...

Not sure if other characters have problems with their metals, I haven't tried everyone yet.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
That's rather kind of you. Can this be done entirely in BrawlBox or does one need 3DS Max/Blender?

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to report some bugs. Roy, Pit, and Fox have no functional metals. As for ZSS, well...

Not sure if other characters have problems with their metals, I haven't tried everyone yet.
Holy Shiitake that needs a ton of work!

Obskore

Smash Ace
also, i'd like to point out that i added 2 slots to ICs in Brawl, the one that looks like a darker variation of the default costume and the yellow / red, but the latter shows Nana in the lead for the CSPs and BPs while in-game, the lead climber is Popo, is it normal? it also had Popo using Nanas voice
anyways, the thing is that i managed to swap the MDL0 entries and "fixed" it, would anyone want it?

Obskore

Smash Ace
so, i got 2 dumb questions about Smash 3 Mr. Game & Watch:
  • is it a new model? because in his renders, he has slightly different hands than Brawl's (if that's the case, i ask because i just wanna import the PM recolor CLR0s to your model)
  • was the "render" made using just vector graphics? (judging by the resolution and smooth, solid curves)

Yalung

Smash Cadet
Haven't been more stuck on two mods in such a long time.

A lot of these skins are amazing and mixing this with Brawl Ex would be really entertaining. It'd even encourage me to attempt to Smash 3-ify the characters I plan on adding.
However Legacy XP is eventually coming out soon, and I don't want to sink time building a build that would last a (presumably) short time.

Decisions, decisions.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Haven't been more stuck on two mods in such a long time.

A lot of these skins are amazing and mixing this with Brawl Ex would be really entertaining. It'd even encourage me to attempt to Smash 3-ify the characters I plan on adding.
However Legacy XP is eventually coming out soon, and I don't want to sink time building a build that would last a (presumably) short time.

Decisions, decisions.
I'm sure the Smash 3C team would love your help.

TheOneTrueNail

Smash Rookie
For those who have issues with Pit, I think I have the answer. (For me at least) it's always his sawnd file that causes crashing at random. Mostly a few minutes after selecting Pit. I suggest removing it and replacing it with his Smash 4 SFX on the BV.

Kuzedere

Smash Rookie
Would it be possible for someone to make a smash 3 build for pm 3.6 without the menus? id do it myself but my pc is so bad that i have no way of viewing models correctly and i dont really know the costume setup for PM 3.6

Cynapse

Smash Ace
That's not the be-all, end-all of builds you know. Additionally, if you're here to learn, mega mods aren't the best way to go. I myself have been fine-tuning my build for years, and will continue to do so. While I appreciate what Legacy is doing to bring attention to our community and modding in general, it doesn't really do much for me. It's also not tourney legal.
Would it be possible for someone to make a smash 3 build for pm 3.6 without the menus? id do it myself but my pc is so bad that i have no way of viewing models correctly and i dont really know the costume setup for PM 3.6
Its coming, I hear.
I'm working on it. It also has cBliss working flawlessly, and will have Dolphin textures as well. The non-Dolphin stuff is done, but I'm waiting for S3C to finish their updates and for bugs to be fixed. That supa hawt Zamus metal and crashy Kirby, for example. Game&Watch will retain his 9 PM colors.
Not a problem. Here it is. It took me literally five minutes total to do all costumes in BrawlBox. Enjoy.

Last edited:

TheSpiderlok1212

Smash Rookie
I know I already spoke of this but how is one to create and apply a spec map to a model that doesn't have one in brawl box?

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Is anyone working on a strict PM with Smash3/3C costumes? (i.e. Commander Lucas, Genealogy Marth) I'm kinda too lazy to do it if I don't have to.

Top Bottom