• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Doesn't S3 Mewtwo mess with Project M's hitboxes/hurtboxes? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think so, Smash 3 doesn't provide it's own FitMewtwo.pac or FitMewtwoMotionetc.pac files. I'm not that knowledgeable about Brawl hacking, but I'm pretty sure that means it's just a skin. The bones haven't been editted. The thighs just LOOK warped. If you pause and look around Mewtwo, it's actually normal.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so, Smash 3 doesn't provide it's own FitMewtwo.pac or FitMewtwoMotionetc.pac files. I'm not that knowledgeable about Brawl hacking, but I'm pretty sure that means it's just a skin. The bones haven't been editted. The thighs just LOOK warped. If you pause and look around Mewtwo, it's actually normal.
I mean more along the lines of, "PM's Mewtwo has a big head and thin legs, and S3's has the opposite." Doesn't it mean that certain attacks that look like they should whiff make contact and vice versa? For example, if one were to do a SHFFL nair against S3 Mewtwo's head, it'll connect even though it looks like it should miss. Or if you were to use a downtilt to attack Mewtwo's legs, it'll miss even though it's clipping through his thighs. Is this accurate?

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
I mean more along the lines of, "PM's Mewtwo has a big head and thin legs, and S3's has the opposite." Doesn't it mean that certain attacks that look like they should whiff make contact and vice versa? For example, if one were to do a SHFFL nair against S3 Mewtwo's head, it'll connect even though it looks like it should miss. Or if you were to use a downtilt to attack Mewtwo's legs, it'll miss even though it's clipping through his thighs. Is this accurate?
Maybe? I don't know, as far as I know, texture edits like S3 just kinda....fit over the existing body.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
You're correct

Cahalan

Smash Ace
where can i download these?
This isn't quite the place to ask this, but you can always use an image editing program to grab each icon.
Next time, ask such a question (those relating to the stuff I put out) in my thread or via dm.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
This isn't quite the place to ask this, but you can always use an image editing program to grab each icon.
Next time, ask such a question (those relating to the stuff I put out) in my thread or via dm.
sorry just thought i'd ask here cuz thats where i saw em

execrutr

Smash Rookie
Hey there,

While being a complete beginner to brawl modding I tried my hand at making a HD-Dolphin version of the S3 HUD.
In and of itself not very complicated, dumping some textures and renaming the custom assets accordingly.

But I wonder it must be possible to restore the PM stock icons with the S3 HUD. Is there a PM-stock version? What would I have to do to merge the PM-stocks in the S3 HUD myself?

TurretGunZ

Smash Rookie
I love that Link Bow and Arrow pose and makes me wish he was actually standing up and aim and you could aim it when used like Pit.

MegaMario64

Smash Rookie
NNID
newsupermario12
Hey there,

While being a complete beginner to brawl modding I tried my hand at making a HD-Dolphin version of the S3 HUD.
In and of itself not very complicated, dumping some textures and renaming the custom assets accordingly.

But I wonder it must be possible to restore the PM stock icons with the S3 HUD. Is there a PM-stock version? What would I have to do to merge the PM-stocks in the S3 HUD myself?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209342
Haven't tested it because I never play PM

Spigel

Smash Cadet
There is a texture glitch on Ivysaur's up+b, every time he grab the edge, the texture on his whip doesn't show up correctly, instead, it took the texture from his opponent

This is against Samus

Against Snake

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Left somewhere on the cutting room floor was another project I was working on. Might as well have this out here now:

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
There is a texture glitch on Ivysaur's up+b, every time he grab the edge, the texture on his whip doesn't show up correctly, instead, it took the texture from his opponent
I could have sworn this was fixed before launch.

Did you download the full pack or individual download?

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Can someone post some youtube videos of smash 3 gameplay? I'm still trying to figure out how to install this on dolphin for the longest time.. XD

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Where could I find the Ice/Flying Mario Bros. skins?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hello everyone! Great news! Myself and another spry chap have completely fixed Kirby! We've fixed all crashes, made his eyes higher quality and reduced overall file size!

However, you won't find any of these fixes in this thread's OP download link for neither the pack nor Kirby's solo download, so I would ask that you use the one on the Vault from now. Myself and my chums over in S3C will be compiling proper Vault entries for every Smash 3 character, ironing out problems like Kirby had if we find them in the process. Just a heads up. Enjoy!

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Outta curiosity, why does an old MotionEtc come with Squirtle?

Top Bottom