• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
I'm trying to load this for vbrawl and all the download contains is the /private/ data folder. There are no instructions for the download. I dropped the private folder in an sd.raw and Dolphin won't load the textures. I'm pretty sure it needs codes, among other things. Where can I get the other files required?

Last edited:

Darxmarx

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarxMarx
3DS FC
2020-0150-5391
Is anyone else experiencing crashes with Dedede? Playing on console.
I've tested the default, green, blue, purple, vBrawl blue, and brown costumes, and all of them crash once the stage loads. Once I remove the costumes, Dedede works correctly.

Yalung

Smash Cadet
I'm sure the Smash 3C team would love your help.
Don't doubt it, but my texturing skills are very minimalistic. However, one of the characters I plan on adding (Deoxys), it might be simple enough for me to be able to do something with it.

Unless 3c isn't accepting non-pm characters anymore.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So in working on this pack of mine I originally stated that GW would retain his PM colors. This is true, but for the purpose of cBliss I cooked up another one for him. Check it.
00000000-22.png

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
Am I the only one who doesn't like Ike's new render? It looks... off. Like it came from a screenshot instead of an actual render.

HS1

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wanted to report some things I've noticed, Lucas' "09" costume in the individual download is a duplicate of the gray one and for some reason green cap Jigglypuff messes my game, when the match begins the screen constantly flickers black every second or so and there's some sort of slowdown.

I'm using vanilla PM on Wii, downloaded every character individually.

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
That's rather kind of you. Can this be done entirely in BrawlBox or does one need 3DS Max/Blender?

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to report some bugs. Roy, Pit, and Fox have no functional metals. As for ZSS, well...

Not sure if other characters have problems with their metals, I haven't tried everyone yet.
Nah that's just the WIP cloaking device they've been working on. No issues here!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So currently in this WIP cBliss pack, there are 9 S3C Brawl Snakes, and only one Smash 3 Snake. I'm considering making it an even 5-5 with secondary team colors. Objections?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
So currently in this WIP cBliss pack, there are 9 S3C Brawl Snakes, and only one Smash 3 Snake. I'm considering making it an even 5-5 with secondary team colors. Objections?
not from me.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Sounds good. Use that pink Smash 3 Snake.
(and totally slip out that Smash 3 Sonic for the Smash 3C Sonic just out of spite.)

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
As long as you use the S3 Snake that closely matches PM's Naked Snake, no objections here. Also, did you resize certain characters' renders in the CSS? Yoshi in particular no longer looks tiny compared to everyone else. Good job.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
I've been experiencing some weird technical difficulties with the full version of this mod. Whenever I start a match with one of the Smash 3C textures I inserted, the game causes a soft crash. I've tested matches with the normal smash 3 textures and they load up fine, don't know why the others crash. Another issue is that Dr. Mario's black costume T-poses when I use the down B. This might be an mess up on my part, but I feel like I should mention it anyway.

edit: i tested the soft crash thing more and it seems to only crash on roy, wario, and mewtwo

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Got it, have yet to test. Thanks.

Also, more numbers questions regarding this build.

Currently, there are 8 S3 Roys, 1 S3C PM Roy, and Awakening. Should I alter this? Secondary teams perhaps?

Same questions for Zelda/Sheik. There are 9 S3 slots, and and S3C OoT takes up the last one.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Got it, have yet to test. Thanks.

Also, more numbers questions regarding this build.

Currently, there are 8 S3 Roys, 1 S3C PM Roy, and Awakening. Should I alter this? Secondary teams perhaps?

Same questions for Zelda/Sheik. There are 9 S3 slots, and and S3C OoT takes up the last one.
For those three specifically, I'd go with 6 default costumes and 4 alternate costumes. For example, 6 S3 Roys (with PM colors) and 4 Awakening Roys (normal, red, blue, green.) I think S3C Awakening Roy is still WIP, so I'm not sure how you'd want to handle it presently. Personally, 6 S3 Zelda/Sheik and 4 S3C Melee Zelda/Sheik (with team colors) sounds aces. Maybe go one step further and replace pink Zelda with the Hilda recolor since that costume looks similar to Melee Zelda.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I would like a vanilla brawl version of this too, since I like brawl over PM.
Is there not? When I click the link it looks like there's a brawl folder above the PM folder. Unless that's an outdated one?

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Is there not? When I click the link it looks like there's a brawl folder above the PM folder. Unless that's an outdated one?
I haven't installed this yet so I didn't know it was in there, I will try it tonight! Also I was talking about the character select screen looking like smash 4.

View attachment 113846

Im surprised no one noticed or mentioned this yet.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Kirby's been bothering me for a while because I worked on him for a long time. I have a theory of what may be causing it but I just want to be sure. I need people to list off any specific situations where he crashes.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Okay, Kirby's been bothering me for a while because I worked on him for a long time. I have a theory of what may be causing it but I just want to be sure. I need people to list off any specific situations where he crashes.
he hasn't crashed for me in either PM or Brawl, but still i don't use him so often. the weird thing is that his Samus hat is very unstable but doesn't crash or freeze, that's the closest i can say

Shren

Smash Journeyman
he hasn't crashed for me in either PM or Brawl, but still i don't use him so often. the weird thing is that his Samus hat is very unstable but doesn't crash or freeze, that's the closest i can say
Yeah, Kirby freezes with Samus for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom