• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vinegar

Smash Rookie
As a person who hasn't been following this project that much, i can safely say i'm still feelin' the hype !

D

Deleted member

Wait, so EVERYONE IS FINISHED?!
EDIT: HOLY LIVING MOTHER OF BALLS I HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT THAT LUIGI WAS RELEASED AND THE RENDER IN MY DREAM IS THE NEW OFFICIAL RENDER

Last edited by a moderator:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Wow 50 online, you guys sure have made tons of hype. I love your work, and I wanna thank you all personally because Smash 3 is what drove me into modding in the first place and without you guys i don't know what I'd be doing, again Thank You.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3 Update hype!
So I would like to say something about Pikachu: in the current brawl and Project M packs we are using a version that has got an old shine for his body; in the singular DL in the OP we have another pika version with a different shine for his body, pretty minor thing but still worth mentioning (aka use the one you want)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Smash 3 Update hype!
So I would like to say something about Pikachu: in the current brawl and Project M packs we are using a version that has got an old shine for his body; in the singular DL in the OP we have another pika version with a different shine for his body, pretty minor thing but still worth mentioning (aka use the one you want)
Yeah, I'm on that right now actually. The problem with big stuff is things get mixed up sometimes. The newer one in the pack is like, mid-temporal flux of the interwebs.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I was going to make a giant post - probably my second best ever made, but I guess I'll settle for this instead (maybe add it as a spoiler?). Anyways, this is what I was waiting for before completely leaving the Brawl Modding community. Most of my obligations have been done for quite a while, so it was only a matter of staring intently at people as they put files together. Elation is the emotion I'd say is most relevant at the moment. Even though I was only working on this for about a year, this took a lot out of me. Can't imagine what it was like for the rest of the gang.

I can say that the whole group is thankful to the community for the endless support. We would have dropped this months ago if we didn't have your support and love and all that mushy stuff. Thanks everyone, really.

If you need me, want to ask questions, or whatever, contact me on the Custom Smash Discord.
Just not this week.
Or next week.
Or the week after that, to be honest.
Or the rest of the year, classes start after that week.

Only first 8 seconds are relevant, you can listen to the rest while reading if you want

Welcome to Brawl is Smash3. And we are the new millennium for Brawl Modding. Now for those of you who don't know us, we are Smash3, your new heroes, your party hosts, and most importantly, the most charismastic modders to ever enter your homes via a computer screen. And for those of you who DO know us, well, all hail the Magic Conch!

Now when you think of the new millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of modding. You think of a dawning of a new era. In this case, the dawning of a new era in Brawl modding. And a new era is what this once proud and profitable community sorely needs. What was once a captivating, trend-setting past-time has now deteriorated into a cliched, let's be honest, boring snoozefest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor, and that's why we're here. Smash3 has come to save Brawl Modding!

Now let's go over the facts. Mod ratings, downward spiral; new content creators, plummeting; mainstream acceptance, non-existent; and reactions of the crowds, complete and utter silence. And we know why you're silent! You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here. And quite honestly, we're embarrassed for you. And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre "content creators" who you're forced to cheer for and care for. No wonder you're not cheering! You couldn't care less about every single idiot in the modding community. You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh-uh. Smash3 is excellence. And now for the first time in Brawl Modding history, you have a group who can entertain you. You have a group who are good enough for you. You have a group who can make you jump up off your chairs, raise your filthy fat little hands in the air and scream "Go Smash3 go! Go Smash3 go! Go Smash3 go!"

The new millennium has arrived in Brawl Modding and now that the S3 problem is here, this community — from the Smashboard idiots to all the amateurs in KCMM, to everybody reading will never, e-e-e-e-e-ever be the same... again!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
To all of the people who've worked on this in the past.... thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I'll get to those darn CSS Icons in a bit.

Uhhh...... does anyone still have a link to where they were posting all of the renders on Imgur?

Wait a minute, the hoard isn't updated yet. I'll sit by and wait patiently then. :p

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all so much for being patient with us. Please enjoy our hard work!

Also, a special thanks to Draco_The for fixing Pit!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Soooo....

Marth is missing his default cosmetics in the individual DL.

Last edited:

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet
I loaded PM on the Wii, chose Mario vs Bowser, and went to Final Destination and PM froze. i will try to replicate this problem.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Thank you guys for all the feedback and everything about this release.
Thank you Ledgerewskie for reporting that Giga Bowser and Warioman potraits were missing for the Project M pack; thank you bringo for reporting weird diddy eyes. The Smash 3 packs are now updated with those fixes and with the updated pikachu shine pacs, it should be the final and fixed release; get it there

I've also got an updated Diddy DL link as we can't update the OP at the moment there he is:

Again thank you all for being so much to support for the whole team! happy smashing!

Edit, added Stocks to marth (thanks cahalan for the report!)

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Thank you guys for all the feedback and everything about this release.
Thank you Ledgerewskie for reporting that Giga Bowser and Warioman potraits were missing for the Project M pack; thank you bringo for reporting weird diddy eyes. The Smash 3 packs are now updated with those fixes and with the updated pikachu shine pacs, it should be the final and fixed release; get it there

That link takes me the DropBox home page. Wow, nothing is straight right, eh?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Enjoy the Khats! Each rim lit hat...

And big thanks for sticking with us, and them, for these currently 133 of top tier, Dio filled, journey recorded, Delphino glitched, FS eye broken fixes, thats a cricket not a cockroach pointing out, its actually called smash 4 messaging, you tough it was me tricking, leaking, new friends meeting, English learning and wonderfully sweet pages.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm afraid Marth is still missing his standard CSP and BP. At least you tried. :)

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
check it now cahalan; I have updated the marth zip, I tought he was only missing the stocks
and
That link takes me the DropBox home page. Wow, nothing is straight right, eh?
it's fixed now; you can even download the updated pack in the OP if you want

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
When changing Ike's alternate costumes the game crashes.
Not just when changing the costumes. The game crashes some time after selecting Ike, and also before a match can begin.

It's a filesize issue. Resizing the body texture to 512x512 solves the issue.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Be sure to watch till the end for a hint on whose next!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nglPdSPyw&feature=youtu.be

Grab your new star here!

Wait, WHAT!? EVERYONE!?

Yes. Everyone

You do indeed win.

Enjoy.

I highly recommend downloading the pack and popping it in. There's somethin' special in there for you PM players. We worked hard on it, so enjoy it! Choosing your characters, Smash 3 style.

This was my final troll to you guys. I'm retired now. Thanks for sticking with us.

But sharpen your fangs! It's not the end!

There will be more trailers in the weeks to come of Smash 3 content! And who knows? Some of our team members just might surprise you further down the line with content.

EDIT: Also, pardon the dust. Not all the stuff is done uploading, so you might get some dated menu assets in the pack.
I LOVE YOU.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Aghanim Aghanim You've caught it. :) I'll point out anything else that I may find missing while I do about a million things at once.

Now to wait for the hoard to update so I can redo the last set of icons (all FE bros, ZSS, Red, Snake, Lucario, and Peach).

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
honestly thought this day would never come. thanks guys.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Draco_The Draco_The ilu

Kudos, Smash 3 team. I've seen nothing but interesting things come out of this project and I don't regret following it when it started. I hope you all continue to produce awesome stuff, either separately or as a team.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
This is phenomenal! Many of us have waited years for this special day! Once again, thank you so much Smash 3 team for all of your hard work, and sharing your beautiful art with everyone!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Ike's been fixed in the main DL. If you're getting freezes with him, download the solo pack in the OP to fix the issue.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Be sure to watch till the end for a hint on whose next!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nglPdSPyw&feature=youtu.be

Grab your new star here!

Wait, WHAT!? EVERYONE!?

Yes. Everyone

You do indeed win.

Enjoy.

I highly recommend downloading the pack and popping it in. There's somethin' special in there for you PM players. We worked hard on it, so enjoy it! Choosing your characters, Smash 3 style.

This was my final troll to you guys. I'm retired now. Thanks for sticking with us.

But sharpen your fangs! It's not the end!

There will be more trailers in the weeks to come of Smash 3 content! And who knows? Some of our team members just might surprise you further down the line with content.

EDIT: Also, pardon the dust. Not all the stuff is done uploading, so you might get some dated menu assets in the pack.
*Watching the trailer* Well, this is cool, these character updates are looking great, wish my computer could run Dolphin well enough to make PM look this good.
*Sees Kirby in trailer* Wow, didn't expect to see Kirby right now, given that he would have to have hats for all of the characters.
*Kirby hat montage* Wait, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Pokemon Trainer hats, what's going on? More teasers?
*Sees CSS images of every character* Hold on, who's next then if I'm seeing everyone?
*Reads spoiler to find out it's everyone* Wait, EVERYONE?! The Smash 3 Project is legitimately FINISHED? That's amazing! Where's my SD card, beloved Gamecube controller, and hype-containing wrist strap?

I'm so happy that this day finally happened; I've enjoyed following the team's progress ever since they released Mario, Link, Sonic and Peach years ago, and it was a major part of why I wanted to sign up for Smashboards in the first place. I also want to congratulate and thank everyone on the Smash 3 team for all of their hard work and reaching the end of this long (but worthwhile) endeavor. As far as I'm concerned, I think we can all truly call this project a success :_D

Thank you guys again for everything and keep being awesome Smash 3 team!

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
So as a lot of you have probably already noticed, there are currently a lot of bugs that need ironing out! If you come across any while playing, please PM me and let me know what the issue is. Preferably with images, but they're not necessary. Thanks!

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
How would I go about tweaking this to work in Brawl Minus? I know some of the character ID's are shifted over to make room for Roy and Pichu (who obviously wouldn't be Smash 3-ified). Would I be better off tweaking from Smash 3C instead? Is it downright impossible without heavy manipulation?

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
The update to the FE characters (and just downright EVERYBODY) look phenomenal! Stellar job S3 Team. Good times to come for you all, wherever your future endeavors take you :)

Top Bottom