• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hey you all. Sorry this took so long.

I will update the Sonic Semi-alt Color Changes later this week and fix the Pit stuff probably this weekend.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Agreed. I'll need to find another one but it was late and I wanted these to be finished.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Since these were Smash 3 costumes, I posted them here because they relate to Smash 3, If it's a smash 3C costume, I post it over there.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
When using texture hacks or whatever you want to do that's NOT Project M, instead of a folder called projectm at the root of the sd card, there's a folder called private. projectm and private are structured almost the exact same way, so you won't have to relearn where files are.
I just want to use these on my computer, I'm not using an SD card, the only things I have are the ISO and Dolphin, I don't see any folders that I can add stuff too. DX

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
KiyoXDragon KiyoXDragon I made a post about running mods like p:m legacy a while back on the legacy thread. I don't know how brawl- is structured but here it is, nonetheless.

@Nova_Plus follow this guide.
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/264y/project-m/project-m-netplay-the-sd-method

It's for installing P:M netplay. If your internet can't handle the 2 gig SD.raw download, follow this guide.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Virtual_SD_Card_Guide

Also, download winimage. It allows you to edit SD.raw files.

To play legacy, just open the SD.raw with winimage and delete everything, if anything is in there. On the menu bar, click on inject->inject a folder and navigate to where you extracted the legacy zip file. If you follow the first link correctly, you should be good to go.

For music DLC, I made a post about that. Winimage works like how a normal folder works.

For HD stuff, this thread should be useful.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-3-hd-remix-the-thread.412242/
This time, just follow the links and I know that you don't want to install legacy, so just ignore those parts.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I just want to use these on my computer, I'm not using an SD card, the only things I have are the ISO and Dolphin, I don't see any folders that I can add stuff too. DX
You were using Dolphin this whole time? This would have been good to know. I'm a little ignorant as to the inner workings of Dolphin, but the way I understand it is that most users utilize something called a Project M ISO Builder, which merges the PM files with the Brawl ISO. Is the ISO that you have a Project M ISO? I was looking for an ISO Builder to send your way, but instead I found another method that runs Project M Netplay using Dolphin's virtual SD card. This should make Nedark's information still relevant to your situation. There's even instructions for Mac users. I hope this helps, I've never used Dolphin and I could be hilariously incorrect.

Edit: I didn't even notice that Panudroid beat me to the punch. That's what I get for being inattentive.

Last edited:

Bighands-Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-4982-0219
I noticed that you removed the few source PSDs that you had up from your main post. Will you ever put them back up when the project is done?

EDIT: grammar

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
When is the next finished / updated character being revealed?

TheSpiderlok1212

Smash Rookie
Okay, So I notice that The new Mario model has certain objects (rather than the whole model) with different lighting and Spec Map textures applied to those lightings. If anyone could help me on how the spec maps are created I would be grateful.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Okay, So I notice that The new Mario model has certain objects (rather than the whole model) with different lighting and Spec Map textures applied to those lightings. If anyone could help me on how the spec maps are created I would be grateful.
From my understanding (don't quote me), spec maps are (using the Samus texture I am working on, and Nanobuds' Awakening Roy as examples), textures which tell certain areas of another texture to respond a certain way to stage lighting. The one I am working on has one spec layer per normal layer, so the spec map is just black and white. Roy's Awakening model, however, has all of the spec maps condensed into one texture, because it has a lower limit before it crashes. There, each "layer" is identified by a certain color, and combinations of said colors indicate that certain textures respond certain ways. If something is colored green (Yellow and Blue), it will function as two maps, where both the "yellow" map and the "blue" map are effected (or not) by stage lighting.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Basically, a mask (spec, usually) is applied to the base texture (diffuse) and the material and shader dictate how it's blended. So for specs, white on the mask indicates what will receive the spec projection texture (usually called High or something similar) and black dictates what will not. The higher the value, the more reflective it is, basically.

I typically just copy the material and shader from an existing pac and apply it to whatever I'm working on to achieve certain effects.

Justice-Chaos

Smash Rookie
Hey I am having some problems running this on brawl, is there any codes or something I need for this to run properly?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Basically, a mask (spec, usually) is applied to the base texture (diffuse) and the material and shader dictate how it's blended. So for specs, white on the mask indicates what will receive the spec projection texture (usually called High or something similar) and black dictates what will not. The higher the value, the more reflective it is, basically.

I typically just copy the material and shader from an existing pac and apply it to whatever I'm working on to achieve certain effects.
So normals, but in a form Brawl can understand?

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Is a certain size 3 peach getting gold pink soon?
Reduces Peach's Bust Size

Just do what I do for all the Peach mods that I use, and replace the Metal texture with a pink gold texture (WTF is pink gold, I know white gold is Platinum, but what the **** is PINK Gold. Tarnished silver?)

Top Bottom