• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
First mewtwo in Did You Know Gaming, now this. Your sexy renders won't stop showing up in my newsfeed!

Cirby64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cirby64
(Updated 03/30/15: Added Smash 3C Dry Bowser)

Smash 3C Only Album | General Album
Notes:
Mario: Dr. Mario Smash 3 textures and fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Link: Fixed Link Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C OoT Link alts
Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Ness: Purple recolor replaced with Smash 3 teal recolor
Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
Marth: Regal Marth Alts replaced with Smash 3C brawl marth
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion
Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)

(Updated 03/30/15: Replaced SMG4 Mario with Teal SSB4 recolor and replaced Green Doc with Luigi Mario)

Smash 3 Only Album | General Album
Album
Notes:
*signifies different from Smash 3C build
*Mario: Fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim; Red Doc replaced with Flower Power alt, Defualt Doc replaced with Yellow Brawl recolor, Black Doc replaced with Mario of Stars recolor, Green Doc replaced with Luigi Mario (courtesy of Damonj17), Blue Doc replaced with Teal Sm4sh recolor (courtesy of ledgerewskie)
*Link: Fixed Smash 3 Textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C Green and Red OoT Link, Blue OoT Link replaced with Ravio's Garb recolor, Black OoT Link replaced with Twili Tunic recolor
Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
*Fox: Melee fox alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
*Ness: Pajama Ness alts replaced with Smash 3 Recolors and B&W Ness (Courtesy of Morian)
Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
*Luigi: Mr. L alt replaced with CBliss Green recolor
Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
Bowser: Dry Bowser replaced with dark Smash 3 recolor
Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
Ice Climbers: Polar Ice Climbers alt replaced with Unbreakable Bond recolor
*Marth: Alts replaced with Smash 3 Devil May Cry, Regal Marth, Marth's Samurai Showdown, and Brawl Teal
*Falco: Melee Falco alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion and Concept art alt replaced with Whisping Winds recolor
Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
*Lucas: Lucas alt replaced with brown recolor
*Mewtwo: Armor mewtwo alts replaced with recolors
*Dedede: Regular and green Shogun alts replaced with light blue and black recolors
*Lucario: Karate(?) Lucario alts replaced with Blucario and Not Quite Legendary recolors
Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
*Rob: Virtual Boy ROB replaced with Smash 3 Virtual Boy recolor
Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)
*Toon Link: Outset alts replaced with Wind Sage Tunic, Manga Shadow Link, and Ganondorf Tunic recolors
*Wolf: Pirate alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
*Sonic: Jet Set alt replaced with Smash 3 Brawl Gray recolor
Is there any way I could install all of this on a brawl iso for Dolphin? I currently don't have a wii, so using Dolphin is my only way of playing PM, and I'd love to install this somehow.

Edit: I should mention that I do own Brawl on a disc. I sold my Wii around 5 years ago, but never got to selling Brawl and a couple other games.

Last edited:

smashman!

Smash Cadet
So it's settled, Project M 3.6 will be prepackaged with Smash 3 textures installed.
*leaves once again through corporate door*

LOL

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Is there any way I could install all of this on a brawl iso for Dolphin? I currently don't have a wii, so using Dolphin is my only way of playing PM, and I'd love to install this somehow.

Edit: I should mention that I do own Brawl on a disc. I sold my Wii around 5 years ago, but never got to selling Brawl and a couple other games.
If you built a PM iso to play the game, then I think replacing things in the builder's folder should be enough.
If you use a virtual SD + Gecko to play instead, then just put all the files in the respective folders using WinImage.

IMO unless you use netplay, virtual SD + Gecko combo is way better than the other one if you're gonna install mods, because chances are you'll install some today, maybe some others in a couple of days, etc, and having to rebuild the iso everytime gets tiring.
I am salad that my post started this.
Fixed.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that in my builds Roy doesn't make any noise when charging his standard b and marth doesn't make a noise with his up b. Anyone know any way to fix this?

Juken

Smash Ace
Could anyone working on the project give some kind of percentage or fraction on just how many of the characters are finished? Not rushing, just a follower who's curious about what level the project is at currently.

I've noticed that in my builds Roy doesn't make any noise when charging his standard b and marth doesn't make a noise with his up b. Anyone know any way to fix this?
Use the Melee SFX pack.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Could anyone working on the project give some kind of percentage or fraction on just how many of the characters are finished? Not rushing, just a follower who's curious about what level the project is at currently.
Would this be a bad time to tell you that I don't know how to math?

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Percentage of characters that have everything done for them (textures, models, renders, etc): 61%
Percentage of characters that are at least working and have recolors complete: 80%

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Percentage of characters that have everything done for them (textures, models, renders, etc): 61%
Percentage of characters that are at least working and have recolors complete: 80%
Using some maths I'm guessing that out of that 80%, diddy and someone else is giving you guys trouble. Since we haven't seen Diddy in any recent previews I'm also guessing that ZSS is also in progress since we havent seen any preivews of her either...

Taiko

Smash Ace
I guess I should post up some screens of progress then...

Other angle:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Using some maths I'm guessing that out of that 80%, diddy and someone else is giving you guys trouble. Since we haven't seen Diddy in any recent previews I'm also guessing that ZSS is also in progress since we havent seen any preivews of her either...
Probably Kirby. All the hats must be a pain

Edit- Those Jiggly hats are amazing, Have u ever considered making one with Misty's hair

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, after going to a friend's and playing Smash 4 a lot yesterday, I think your Jigglypuff looks better than the Smash 4 version. The Smash 4 version has this weird shading thing going on if I remember.

Juken

Smash Ace
Ya know, after going to a friend's and playing Smash 4 a lot yesterday, I think your Jigglypuff looks better than the Smash 4 version. The Smash 4 version has this weird shading thing going on if I remember.
Smash 4 in general has weird lighting and it makes a lot of people look super pale or like dolls. It's something I liked about the 3DS. The fact that the shading was kind of textured on made the skins not look like they were glowing or plastic. I saved an image showing it too. Lemme see if I can dig it up...
dp.jpg

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Good...According to my 100% accurate calculation, it all will be done in year 20XX and Fox will be a incredibly glitchy mess (as in constantly jumps, shines, slides all over the screen, etc) because of PM's newest update.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Good...According to my 100% accurate calculation, it all will be done in year 20XX and Fox will be a incredibly glitchy mess (as in constantly jumps, shines, slides all over the screen, etc) because of PM's newest update.
That sounds really gross. Someone should censor this post.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That sounds really gross. Someone should censor this post.
I knew you would try to cover up this truth away from the eyes of everyone here. What is it this time? Order from pentagon? Aliens? Illuminati? La Li Lu Le Lo? PMDT?
I guess I should post up some screens of progress then...

Other angle:
Since image finally loaded, i can say that hat on the left (at least in my opinion) is too far on the back. It should be a little bit closer to her ears.

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
I understand if you guys don't want to do this, but is it possible that you could release the characters you've finished 100% instead of releasing them all at once?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I understand if you guys don't want to do this, but is it possible that you could release the characters you've finished 100% instead of releasing them all at once?
That's why they're not released yet...no characters are done 100%.

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
That's why they're not released yet...no characters are done 100%.
Huh. Thought I read somewhere here that about 61% of the characters are done. Of course, they also say 80% isn't done, which 80 + 61 isn't 100 so...Probably not the most reliable source.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Huh. Thought I read somewhere here that about 61% of the characters are done. Of course, they also say 80% isn't done, which 80 + 61 isn't 100 so...Probably not the most reliable source.
I once interviewed 100 people about their Jojo's Bizarre Adventure enjoyment.
25½ out of the 100 individuals don't like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

That goes to show that everything make sense here, because the rules of logic are reversed.

Both mine and Tails' whole post are correct and reliable...
But that also makes this whole post false and unreliable.

Enjoy making theories gentlemen.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
"Not Working with 3.6"

So is it finally working with 3.5?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
What Tailsmiles meant was that 80% of the characters have been Smash3-ified, but out of the roster only 61% are completely done.

Taiko on the other hand... I reckon his definition of 'complete' may differ. Dio alts anyone?

Last edited:

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie

The FFXV crew decided to drive by our thread. They sent Taiko PMs asking if they could be put into the game. We told them no, because we already have enough spiky-haired characters.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If you guys haven't heard, DSX8 is importing the SSB4 Mewtwo model already. In addition to looking awesome, it might help a little with the rigging issues, though I'm no expert on such things.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I forgot about the Smash 3 trop

My body is ready.
Mine isn't...

To be more specific, it's because the legs are connected on the Smash U model, while the legs are disconnected on the P:M model that I'm not sure what will happen animation-wise.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Mine isn't...

To be more specific, it's because the legs are connected on the Smash U model, while the legs are disconnected on the P:M model that I'm not sure what will happen animation-wise.
Right, I remember from before. Couldn't hurt to try though. These proportions are definitely different from the X/Y model so it could do some good even if it falls short of the SSB4 animations.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Mine isn't...

Plus, Smash 4 Jiggly is in the vault. It has animated facial expressions, and was rigged for Project M. You guys may have competition.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Plus, Smash 4 Jiggly is in the vault. It has animated facial expressions, and was rigged for Project M. You guys may have competition.
ehhh I don't think that's a good way to look at it. TheGag96's Jigglypuff is certainly impressive, but it isn't rigged very well and it's textures seem to be exactly the same as SmUsh's. It's good if you want a Jigglypuff that is more faithful to SmUsh's, but I personally think I prefer Smash 3's higher quality textures and wifi-compatible version.

As for Mewtwo, I'm very interested in how DSX8's port will turn out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom