• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie

Classic Marth is finished for now! I'll be absent for a few days, so if there's anything you guys think needs to be fixed up on him, I won't be able to get to it until I get back.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
It's terrifying, but I feel like I need it. When the 14 slot cbliss is out, I think I'll have the last four slots filled with 3 Awakening Marths.... and this.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
bruh
what
links/pics

Sorry if the pic is small and blurry, I had to crop my face off the picture, but here it is. I can tell it's the Smash 3 version because Meta Knight's mask isn't as detailed as in the Brawl render, also his shoulder pads are super shiny, just like the Smash 3 version.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

Sorry if the pic is small and blurry, I had to crop my face off the picture, but here it is. I can tell it's the Smash 3 version because Meta Knight's mask isn't as detailed as in the Brawl render, also his shoulder pads are super shiny, just like the Smash 3 version.
Yyyuup, that's ours. What I find most curious is that you can't find that render simply by looking it up. You have to know about the project to find it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yyyuup, that's ours. What I find most curious is that you can't find that render simply by looking it up. You have to know about the project to find it.
Actually looking up "meta knight render" in bing brings it up...

Also are you guys doing any "dark pit" recolors for pit (from smash 4, i.e. dark pits' recolors)

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

My mind right now...I need to buy a copy to see it with my own eyes. They probably put it in by mistake with it being the same pose in all, but if it's in there...!

Will I be able to use this on Dolphin?
Yes. We actually do a lot of testing in Dolphin as it's much quicker.

Heyo, I thought I might share this with you guys! Found this neato wallpaper maker,
http://wallpapereditor.com/
edit the proportions all you like then click champion select, add custom image, and then you can add your favorite Smash 3 characters! it only takes JPGs files though, so go to http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg and upload a smash 3 wallpaper or the URL to one, and change the quality to best quality.
anyway, yea. Here's mine.
http://i.imgur.com/2gUeqKE.jpg
This is neat! Sorta reminds me of my sig.
Speaking of which, how would you guys feel if we uploaded avatar packs? A character's pack would contain all their recolours, like the ones me and Shun had with Pit and Dark Pit.

Actually looking up "meta knight render" in bing brings it up...

Also are you guys doing any "dark pit" recolors for pit (from smash 4, i.e. dark pits' recolors)
We've done a few original ones, hopefully no one minds!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
My mind right now...I need to buy a copy to see it with my own eyes. They probably put it in by mistake with it being the same pose in all, but if it's in there...!

Yes. We actually do a lot of testing in Dolphin as it's much quicker.

Speaking of which, how would you guys feel if we uploaded avatar packs? A character's pack would contain all their recolours, like the ones me and Shun had with Pit and Dark Pit.

ooohhhh... that means if we have a dark pit slot, we can use his recolors from smash 4 (yay!)

Also when the update comes out will be in the form of an add-on, because as of recent people have been having trouble with the launcher and are getting DSI exception errors. This is due to having the wifi addon installed AND having an active wifi connection at the same time, simply disabling the wifi works, but is a hassle for those who play wifi.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538

Why would we mind? It's more awesome stuff for an awesome project! :D I would love some avatar packs! and I would love to see the original recolors! afterall, if we get any team colors next release for Classic Pit, We can replace them with Dark Pit recolors, assuming they still work!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Wow, that is really cool how our MK render is in there, it's an honor to have something like this happen, even if it was unintentional.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to make this work with Dolphin? Tried copying the files to a virtual SD card and using Gecko to load it, but it just doesn't load.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Do them for Dr. Mario and I will be more than happy to rep that. Sounds like a godlike idea to me!

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is there a way to make this work with Dolphin? Tried copying the files to a virtual SD card and using Gecko to load it, but it just doesn't load.
Not with 3.5, no. Otherwise it's the same as usual.

Are you guys going to do a Smash 3 version of the Captain without his scarf?
For consistency's sake, no. That, and the colouring of it doesn't really feel...interesting?

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
It's here if you want to check it out. I'm equally amazed.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I was actually curious about Zero Suit Samus. Chick got the most immense character art upgrade between Brawl and 4, so much so that Brawl ZSS just looks wrong now. lol

Taiko

Smash Ace
So, I ran out and bought a copy of the book today. It was actually there.

Here's the background render when we released Meta Knight back then:

And finally, the Brawl render:

I reeeeally wish I had my current render ability back then, the super glossy armor has been bugging me for a while now to be honest. Luckily though, in this case it's what made it the most obvious!

I do wish they used the more "updated" one we used for the wallpaper though, I toned down the gloss there...

But either way, we're in the Guiness Book of World Records Gamer Edition 2015! Check it out guys, and frame that one page.

And yes, Meta Knight's update will fix the glossy armour.

Are you guys updating falcon based on his appearance in smash 4
A bit, yes. We can't get him perfect, but he's getting a new model and new textures.

I was actually curious about Zero Suit Samus. Chick got the most immense character art upgrade between Brawl and 4, so much so that Brawl ZSS just looks wrong now. lol
And we've got something good planned for ZSS too, hopefully you guys will like it! We've actually edited every human character's face model for Smash 3...

Also Dio Link is back. There could be reasons for this.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
To me, it actually does look more like the version from the wallpaper than the super glossy one...

Edit: And all that talk of new faces for everyone... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, too much hype

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So, I ran out and bought a copy of the book today. It was actually there.

Here's the background render when we released Meta Knight back then:

And finally, the Brawl render:

I reeeeally wish I had my current render ability back then, the super glossy armor has been bugging me for a while now to be honest. Luckily though, in this case it's what made it the most obvious!

I do wish they used the more "updated" one we used for the wallpaper though, I toned down the gloss there...

But either way, we're in the Guiness Book of World Records Gamer Edition 2015! Check it out guys, and frame that one page.

And yes, Meta Knight's update will fix the glossy armour.

A bit, yes. We can't get him perfect, but he's getting a new model and new textures.

And we've got something good planned for ZSS too, hopefully you guys will like it! We've actually edited every human character's face model for Smash 3...

Also Dio Link is back. There could be reasons for this.
Dio Link HYPE!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about some of the others here but I would love seeing those tasty PSD's on anything that is considered complete. I ask this because I realized Fox's jumpsuit is copied nearly completely for both Melee Fox and Falco (among a few other choice textures), would save a bit of effort here and there rather than recreating that texture entirely.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I don't know about some of the others here but I would love seeing those tasty PSD's on anything that is considered complete. I ask this because I realized Fox's jumpsuit is copied nearly completely for both Melee Fox and Falco (among a few other choice textures), would save a bit of effort here and there rather than recreating that texture entirely.
That's the thing, we've been doing a lot of things so nothing is considered "final" until we're done!

Juken

Smash Ace
Is ROB going to get a rainbow laser with that cool solund like in Smash 4, or will he just keep his normal red one?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
What are your Guys going for in the new C.Falcon model? My guess is that he's getting new facial expression models, but if you guys are up to it I'd love to get some insight on this.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Merry Christmas Smash 3 Team! I hope you have a wonderful time with you family and friends!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
well-endowed zss confirmed!
Pfft. What? No. My father works at Smash 3 team and he told me that they are going to make Sakomoto alt for ZSS. He looks like Adam, but with Sakomoto's head.
Taiko clearly means Link is gonna be decked out in the armor of Casshern's rival Dio.
No! My father told its entire Dio group in Link's suits (kinda like Ice Climbers, except there is like 5 of them).
What are your Guys going for in the new C.Falcon model? My guess is that he's getting new facial expression models, but if you guys are up to it I'd love to get some insight on this.
They will have to edit his animations to edit his facial expressions. Same goes for Ganondorf. They have only one polygon for their faces. Their faces are animated by moving verticles through animations.

I can't wait for next update to be finished. I need dat Ottar MMMMMMM Sohmas to clobbah dat dere Ridleh!

Top Bottom