• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Not to be rude but they said they're AIMING for before or close to Christmas optimally, but these sorts of things take a lot of time, dedication, sweat, and occasionally, a lot of Dio. We're best off just waiting, as hard as it is for me to wait for my beautiful Dr. Mario colors.

I really just want that ****ing fabulous purple suit Doctor. I want those properly colored gloves and not those weird ones, there's so much I desire, but I wait patiently with baited breath. The only thing this Doc is missing is stuff they can't do, i.e. model differences (Doc's face in Smash 4 is rounder than Mario's and he's a lil' chubbier I think)

Also to add, I think you could link that Smash 3C in the first post somewhere maybe at the bottom just for people who wants access to the alternate costumes you guys aren't handling, just to get it out there and in the know-zone!

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Because we keep getting asked, here's the answer to that: there is no planned release date. We have no idea when we'll be done. Why? Because we don't work on this 24/7, and we don't have set times to work on it because this isn't our job. We just do stuff when we have time.

We could technically release everything unfinished, but I don't think anyone wants that. Making textures takes time. Editing models takes time. Rendering takes time. Testing everything ingame takes time. I don't think a lot of people realize what's considered when making all this stuff.

Unless of course, you guys pay us. Then that's a different story. Then we can work on this 24/7.

I know we've been working on this next update for a long time, but please be patient for a bit longer. We haven't released anything because nothing is 100% done yet.

Also to add, I think you could link that Smash 3C in the first post somewhere maybe at the bottom just for people who wants access to the alternate costumes you guys aren't handling, just to get it out there and in the know-zone!
This is a great idea, I'll wait a bit more for the thread to mature, but it's going great so far!

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
It seems like Smash 3C is motivating people to make Smash 3 skins for the PM 3.5 alt costumes.

Are you guys going to add those to the pack if they're done well?

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
I'll have to strongly agree with TTTTTsd and Taiko. You people do not know what the creators are going through. Texturing all that good stuff that you're immaturely complaining about,because of the lack of Updates and Character releases does take a lot of time indeed.

Plus,You have to remember that these people are human-beings as well! They need rest just like you do,when you're tired!Just wait patiently,be careful about what you whine about online and sometime you'll have your precious little mod.

My Regards.
Tyler

P.S. To Taiko : Would you mind putting the Smash 3C costumes people are creating? These people take the alts to the next level!

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Because we keep getting asked, here's the answer to that: there is no planned release date. We have no idea when we'll be done. Why? Because we don't work on this 24/7, and we don't have set times to work on it because this isn't our job. We just do stuff when we have time.

We could technically release everything unfinished, but I don't think anyone wants that. Making textures takes time. Editing models takes time. Rendering takes time. Testing everything ingame takes time. I don't think a lot of people realize what's considered when making all this stuff.

Unless of course, you guys pay us. Then that's a different story. Then we can work on this 24/7.

I know we've been working on this next update for a long time, but please be patient for a bit longer. We haven't released anything because nothing is 100% done yet.

This is a great idea, I'll wait a bit more for the thread to mature, but it's going great so far!
I think most people who ask the question are too lazy to read the FAQ.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
It seems like Smash 3C is motivating people to make Smash 3 skins for the PM 3.5 alt costumes.

Are you guys going to add those to the pack if they're done well?
P.S. To Taiko : Would you mind putting the Smash 3C costumes people are creating? These people take the alts to the next level!
As nice as they're turning out to be, I don't think we'll be adding any alt costumes. We have a certain screening process that we'd have to repeat for every alt, which we'd have to redo for every character, some even multiple times due to multiple alts. We'd also have to redo any model edits for them as well.

Overall for the sake of consistency, we'll be a recolour-only build.

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
No,What I ment to say is to add links to the main page just like you did with Additional Costumes like Ice Mario etc.

Oh!Almost forgot!
To people who are creating this mod.
Guys,I really wish I could help you,However I'm completely blind when it comes to hacking and such,even if I know the process needed for it...kind of.However,Because,I really want to help you,I'm adding some music to this post so It could motivate you to continue working on this or calm you down a bit or something*. I don't know about you guys but this video is so motivating to me. But hey,If you don't like it,It's my fault for requesting it.

*Skip to 1:45 in order for the music to start

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
We are calm, so don't worry about us. We will continue with production as steady and concentrated as we had always been.

Fellas, just know... just remember... quality takes time! If we do it wrong we have everyone pulling us apart! (remembers vBrawl Bowser, it was rushed, everyone wanted to hit me with a stick because of it)

This is our passion, our passtime... not our job! And we are updating A HUGE NUMBERS OF THINGS, some of our members aren't even sleeping in order to do these things.

Gentlemen, please refrain from posting "any updates?" every two days, but not just in this thread, but every other thread here. Its annoying... and overall unhelpful in any way. And I usually find answering questions fun... but not those that are being asked every page, and those intended to rush, its just bothersome. Even as easy going as I am, I find this frustrating.

I mean to not offend, but rather ask for cooperation with patience.

... please? Read the FAQ next time.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Don't worry,I know it'll be finished when it's finished.But that dosen't mean I'm not looking forward to it...greatly...
They look so much more 'Nintendo' than Brawl.It's great.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
We are calm, so don't worry about us. We will continue with production as steady and concentrated as we had always been.

Fellas, just know... just remember... quality takes time! If we do it wrong we have everyone pulling us apart! (remembers vBrawl Bowser, it was rushed, everyone wanted to hit me with a stick because of it)

This is our passion, our passtime... not our job! And we are updating A HUGE NUMBERS OF THINGS, some of our members aren't even sleeping in order to do these things.

Gentlemen, please refrain from posting "any updates?" every two days, but not just in this thread, but every other thread here. Its annoying... and overall unhelpful in any way. And I usually find answering questions fun... but not those that are being asked every page, and those intended to rush, its just bothersome. Even as easy going as I am, I find this frustrating.

I mean to not offend, but rather ask for cooperation with patience.

... please? Read the FAQ next time.
Nice post but uh
Why are you posting when you could be working on the next update

Oh_Snapple

uhhhh
Long time lurker, first time poster! Just wanted to say thank you to the whole smash 3 team! Your work is absolutely amazing and I'm looking forward to seeing the final release.

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
SatoshiKura here. I'm one of the modelers for the team, and I've been working on a little side project. Please note...
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PART OF SMASH 3.

And let me say once again:
It's only a side thing I'm working on, however, it will fit in with Smash 3's style. and maybe I'll do a no pants version... don't hold me to that though.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
SatoshiKura here. I'm one of the modelers for the team, and I've been working on a little side project. Please note...

It's only a side thing I'm working on, however, it will fit in with Smash 3's style. and maybe I'll do a no pants version... don't hold me to that though.
Holy crap, RETRO MARTH (MARS COSTUME!)

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice

why did you keep the pants

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

No pants or go home.

Taiko

Smash Ace
This is the only place people will tell you to not wear pants.

(I voted for no pants too. Gotta show them legs!)

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie

You wanted no pants, Marth is not amused. The Lord'll have to deal with it though, won't he?
Credit goes to the creators of the Morrowind Better Bodies mod.

EDIT:
Flat color legs and boots. Also smaller pants that should be mostly hidden by his tunic.

Last edited:

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
*facepalm*... Guys...You start to get annoying! IN THE TITLE IT SAYS NOT WORKING WITH PROJECT M 3.5 DUMMY!

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
By the way,Taiko,If it happens for me to make a texture for this mod for any character,Are you going to put it in the first section?

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
The more I look at that early FE artwork Marth mod the more I need it only for the funny factor. For anyone who has not seen it before it is probably the funniest thing in existence to me as someone who's seen Marth's newer appearances first.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
He needs no introduction. Or pants.

By the way,Taiko,If it happens for me to make a texture for this mod for any character,Are you going to put it in the first section?
As cool as it'd be to have a community section, it'd also be a lot of work to maintain. As others have said though, you can check out Smash 3C, though they label themselves "unofficial," there's no such thing as an unofficial mod of an unofficial mod! We're all unofficial.

Last edited:

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
Have another update on Classic Marth:

General leg shading and leg straps are done. This leaves just boots and pauldrons, and whatever other stuff needs work.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I imagine this Classic Marth will be using Marth's old facial structure or do you plan on holding off on its release until Smash 3 updates their Marth render (I believe they haven't yet, but I don't remember AAAAA)

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
I imagine this Classic Marth will be using Marth's old facial structure or do you plan on holding off on its release until Smash 3 updates their Marth render (I believe they haven't yet, but I don't remember AAAAA)
I'm holding off for the Smash 3 Marth release. He'll share Smash 3 Marth's hair and face (as well as headpiece), and as such, it would only be right to release him alongside! Also, I'll be making recolors for him to fit over PM's Sigurd Marth, for those who would want to use both Marths at the same time.

Ticker

Smash Apprentice
He needs no introduction. Or pants.

As cool as it'd be to have a community section, it'd also be a lot of work to maintain. As others have said though, you can check out Smash 3C, though they label themselves "unofficial," there's no such thing as an unofficial mod of an unofficial mod! We're all unofficial.
So when you guys release the update, how would I go about putting their custom textures for project m into this pack?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
my b, I misread the question. I am sure that they will have a pack made for you so you do not need to. However, if such is the case, dowload the zip file for said character, and go to projectm-->pf->fighter->repesctivecharacter folder--> replace appropiate files. for brawl i believe its RSBE->private->pf->fighter->repesctivecharacter folder--> replace appropiate files

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I found something that amazed me, I was looking at the "Guiness World Records: Gamer Addition 2015", in the smash bros. section and I found your render of Meta Knight there! The picture was used for the record "most powerful character in Brawl".

Top Bottom