• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Oh boy, you don't want to see our dev chat then. It's mostly composed of "okay, I tried this, and everything exploded" and sometimes "it worked perfectly guys!"

That and Dio faces.
Just as long as your efforts weren't completely useless...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Sup gents!
We back on the Smash 3 Dev Group wish to give a surprise shoutout to @ Arkhamael Arkhamael 's YouTube channel "Arko Games".
He's been posting up videos of our stuff and other notable community hacks on his channel, so go check it out for some stuff to pretty up your custom build!
Thanks for show-casing Brawl mods to the public Arko!

Juken

Smash Ace
Any of you guys think you could squeeze in Ice Mario/Luig/Wario if you haven't done recolors yet? A combo I always love to see in PM builds as a blue option.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Geez, it's so cold outside! I wish I had fancy new coats like these three...

Any of you guys think you could squeeze in Ice Mario/Luig/Wario if you haven't done recolors yet? A combo I always love to see in PM builds as a blue option.
We didn't really plan it, the recolours are already done too. The PSDs should make creating it easy though!

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

We didn't really plan it, the recolours are already done too. The PSDs should make creating it easy though!
I have three questions for this
1.Didn't u guys already update DeDeDe?
2.Why do the Ice climbers still have their original brawl textures for the hammers?
3.Where's dat darn KIRBEH!?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
1.Probably reupdating him because of the team colors for shogun dedede
2.Probably still working on ICs
3. He'll happen. The hats must be taking forever and that is why he hasn't been shown.

Also, loving the new dedede, and didn't realize that when you said "Ewwww those eyes!" That it was a tease.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I forgot to share this on this thread, but for those who prefer to have Zelda and Sheik in one slot I have this for you:

Once Smash 3 is ready for 3.5, I'll tackle the CSP's.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
#closetorelease
I just wanted to say, thank you all who are currently working on smash 3. I am super glad you are finishig this project and we get to experience the creation of y'alls high level skills. Like seriously, we have like seven know characters who are going to happen this update and i can't wait. Plus other surprises.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

It warms my heart to see Nana and Popo updated more than their coats. It reminds me of *sniff* what could've been.

:popo:
(1985 - 2008)
~ You'll continue to chain-grab in our hearts.

Last edited:

kyudoxp

Smash Rookie

I love dedede clothes, so warm, just that damn open mouth! hate it!

Taiko

Smash Ace
I have three questions for this
1.Didn't u guys already update DeDeDe?
2.Why do the Ice climbers still have their original brawl textures for the hammers?
3.Where's dat darn KIRBEH!?
1. Darn, I guess we did. Looks like we can't release Dedede's update with his new eyes and recolours then.
2. Good eye, and I'll explain a bit of why we ended up with that.
To start off, here's the old texture:

This was way back when we first started out, so we were trying to simplify things a lot back then. This had the side effect of making it look...well, not like wood. This time around, we looked at some other things in Smash U to get a better idea of how we should style it. We looked at these two things:

However, these are both made of planks, and not a chunk of wood turned into a hammer. They've been through a bit more of a refining process, so they'd look smoother. They still have that wood look to them though. That's why we thought it'd be better to use the Brawl texture this time around, as it would still get the rough look of their hammers. Of course, we did modify it a bit:
(New)

(Brawl)

It's small, but we cleaned up the edges to get rid of the small nicks in the hammer, while still keeping it looking rough. This gif should show the small differences:

That said, we may change it. Depends how much motivation is left.

1.Probably reupdating him because of the team colors for shogun dedede
2.Probably still working on ICs
3. He'll happen. The hats must be taking forever and that is why he hasn't been shown.

Also, loving the new dedede, and didn't realize that when you said "Ewwww those eyes!" That it was a tease.
I think I need to up my tease game, no one ever seems to get that I'm teasing something...
I wasn't literally asking where stocks go in the files!

I forgot to share this on this thread, but for those who prefer to have Zelda and Sheik in one slot I have this for you:

We've done the menu assets for dual Zelda and Sheik, they're in the Brawl pack. The CSS icons are in the individual downloads too.

#closetorelease
I just wanted to say, thank you all who are currently working on smash 3. I am super glad you are finishig this project and we get to experience the creation of y'alls high level skills. Like seriously, we have like seven know characters who are going to happen this update and i can't wait. Plus other surprises.
Seven? There's more than that. This is going to be the biggest update yet.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
1. Darn, I guess we did. Looks like we can't release Dedede's update with his new eyes and recolours then.

This was way back when we first started out, so we were trying to simplify things a lot back then. This had the side effect of making it look...well, not like wood. This time around, we looked at some other things in Smash U to get a better idea of how we should style it. We looked at these two things:

However, these are both made of planks, and not a chunk of wood turned into a hammer. They've been through a bit more of a refining process, so they'd look smoother. They still have that wood look to them though. That's why we thought it'd be better to use the Brawl texture this time around, as it would still get the rough look of their hammers. Of course, we did modify it a bit:
(New)

(Brawl)

It's small, but we cleaned up the edges to get rid of the small nicks in the hammer, while still keeping it looking rough. This gif should show the small differences:

I think I need to up my tease game, no one ever seems to get that I'm teasing something...

We've done the menu assets for dual Zelda and Sheik, they're in the Brawl pack. The CSS icons are in the individual downloads too.

Ohhh, well then... it still looks good either way.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx

I don't know if you remember or not, but I already have a WIP CSS for Smash 3. Let me find the post... hope this works right since I'm on mobile.

Here we go, this should fix the issue for those who can't see it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I don't know if you remember or not, but I already have a WIP CSS for Smash 3. Let me find the post... hope this works right since I'm on mobile.
Three things
1. It works
2. Man that was WAY back.
3. The main reason why I'm doing my own take on a Smash 3 CSS is for a "future" project m custom build I plan to do... I was also inspired by your project too.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Technically it is, you just have to do the assembly and organization of the textures and interface portraits yourself manually.

Ain't nobody got time for that, though.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Exactly lol, I don't feel like unofficially fixing Link, Mario, Yoshi and Mewtwo. Some of them are beyond my talents.

EDIT: wow phone, I never knew that Yoshi could be interpreted as Yoshida lol.

Last edited:

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
Are the Smash3 team interested in a Mario/Dr Mario only PSA?
I mean one where it only have fire or electricity/pills effects and I could also do both if you want them

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Sup gents!
We back on the Smash 3 Dev Group wish to give a surprise shoutout to @ Arkhamael Arkhamael 's YouTube channel "Arko Games".
He's been posting up videos of our stuff and other notable community hacks on his channel, so go check it out for some stuff to pretty up your custom build!
Thanks for show-casing Brawl mods to the public Arko!
Thank you very much! I'm sorry that I haven't been unable to release any videos for a while since I'm lacking a laptop at the moment. If the laptop my mother is offering me is good enough for at least 720p recording, then things will be back to normal. :)

If that's not the case though, then it'll be a longer wait until I'm able to release any more videos. I'll either pay for my broken laptop to be repaired, or try to get money together for an even better laptop than the one I had lost. Most likely the latter.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Let's see. Confirmed so far we have
Dedede
ICs
Marth
Samus
Diddy Kong
Ivysaur
Mario
oh, so we have some surprise(s)~

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Looks great, but no Smash 4 expressions. 0/10.
...Those can't be replicated, right? If they can't be, then...oh well...

Let's see. Confirmed so far we have
Dedede
ICs
Marth
Samus
Diddy Kong
Ivysaur
Mario
oh, so we have some surprise(s)~
So, Smash 3 is pretty much done if we won't count whole compatibility issue...Good to hear...one could even say...Excellent...

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Looks great, but no Smash 4 expressions. 0/10.
...Those can't be replicated, right? If they can't be, then...oh well...

So, Smash 3 is pretty much done if we won't count whole compatibility issue...Good to hear...one could even say...Excellent...
Yes they are, since we must do model edits and that would desync the wifi... something we are avoiding. Also you made a typo, is 10/0, not 0/10.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

(New)

(Brawl)

That said, we may change it. Depends how much motivation is left.

I like the idea for the hammers, but the new textures to me make them a bit more like brawl than smash 4, could u at least make it brighter to match the color sceme of smash 4? Btw continue dedede because his new eye textures are great!

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
So I read through the entire OP and cannot find the reason why the thread title states that this mod doesn't work with PM 3.5?
Because 3.5 added a bunch of new costumes and portraits that our common5.pac does not have, it will crash the game because it's attempting to load something that doesn't exist. Same goes with info.pac, mu_menumain.pac, and various others.

Link also has his Ocarina of Time that boosts his filesize a little bit as well iirc.

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Because 3.5 added a bunch of new costumes and portraits that our common5 does not have, it will crash the game because it's attempting to load something that doesn't exist.

Link also has his Ocarina of Time that boots his filesize a little bit as well iirc.
ah I see, thanks for the answer, any idea on an ETA for full compatibility, say if I wanted to import one or two of your skins into my personal build. do you guys have a custom build that compiles all of your skins together with the alt/custom skins the PMDT made for 3.5?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The only build we have at the moment is the old one for 3.02, which is incompatible with 3.5 for obvious reasons.

Until our next big update, you'll either have to wait patiently or set it up yourself.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
How exactly did you remove the names above each of the character selection icons? Did you just delete them or did you replace them with "invisible" name icons?
You modify the bones that control the placement of the names on the CSS and give them a scale of 0, so they're essentially invisible.

Top Bottom