• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I followed Scout's Rim Tutorial to give this "Wrecking Crew Mario" model I found some time ago in the Vault a proper rim and... well, just look by yourselves =D

I'll apply the "Anti-Delfino Glitch stage" to see if it works, I didn´t give rim to his helmet because it already has a "ref layer" (the shine) and didn't want to mess it up badly in my first try =P

Not so bad as my first try, isn't it? xD Thanks A LOT, Edel, you're now my "rim light" hero! XD I'll try to give rim effects to other textures within my PM fileset.

Taiko

Smash Ace

Another "release" today. Super secret project has been delayed, so have fun with this in the meantime! I've said it before, but I'm not the greatest teacher, so if you guys need anything clarified feel free to PM me!

Guys, I'm gonna leave my current life for 2 years this tuesday...it's a shame dat I don't gonna see Smash 3 Hero Ike before leaving, dat's why I was making 1 texture per day, sorry if I was spamming the thread. So, this is perhaps my last Ike texture:

At least, when I'll come back the Smash 3 Project is complete (and Project M too...perhaps)

PS: we all know this is the best Robin recolor.
Aw, well, good luck with whatever you'll be doing! You can come back in 2 years and see the finished product!

A Smash 3 style guide? Sounds good to me. It's it going to be released by November?
Possibly.

Guys, bad news: Seems that Wolf gets a little glitchy in Delfino Plaza (again that stage...), his rim sometimes becomes dark in the edges and "blinks", it's more noticeable when you pause the game, zoom in and rotate the camera.

Not as annoying as Fox's/Sonic's glitches, by far, but maybe you'd like to check it out by yorselves.
Argh, always Delfino. We'll have it fixed soon.

Smash 3 is amazing, really, good job on everything. However I cannot help but wonder why the Zelda characters (minus Ganon) look out of place among the other Smash 3 textures, they seem to have a lower quality than most of the new projects. I don't know, I might just be imagining things :x They're still awesome like everything else in this thread ofcourse, but yeah...
Thanks, trust us, we thought the same. Model edits will probably need to be done, because no matter what we did to the textures, they looked weird. Updates MAY come after everything else is done. Maybe.

easy yea. but also time consuming.

i want the lazy option of 'the smash 3 guys make the codeset and common5 for me and stick their content into folders that i can just paste onto my sd card'\
We're lazy too.

I followed Scout's Rim Tutorial to give this "Wrecking Crew Mario" model I found some time ago in the Vault a proper rim and... well, just look by yourselves =D

I'll apply the "Anti-Delfino Glitch stage" to see if it works, I didn´t give rim to his helmet because it already has a "ref layer" (the shine) and didn't want to mess it up badly in my first try =P

Not so bad as my first try, isn't it? xD Thanks A LOT, Edel, you're now my "rim light" hero! XD I'll try to give rim effects to other textures within my PM fileset.
Nice!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I can't wait to see what you guys do with the Dr. Mario costume cause....the P:M one looks a bit weird to me. I don't like the default a whole ton(it's good but no white gloves makes it feel less like Mario and more like a Doctor, and while that was the intent it just feels wrong.) Like, he's supposed to be a Dr. AND Mario, the trademark white gloves should have stayed. His hair also looks strange when compared to the Smash 4 model. I hope that when you do Doc's stuff, you also make his colors accurate to Smash 4 (Black Doc should always have black gloves too, etc.)

Looking forward to it since Ganon and Falcon, as well as all the others, yes even Mario and the old ones, look awesome!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Glad I could help, that mario looks amazing!

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet

Another "release" today. Super secret project has been delayed, so have fun with this in the meantime! I've said it before, but I'm not the greatest teacher, so if you guys need anything clarified feel free to PM me!

Aw, well, good luck with whatever you'll be doing! You can come back in 2 years and see the finished product!

Possibly.

Argh, always Delfino. We'll have it fixed soon.

Thanks, trust us, we thought the same. Model edits will probably need to be done, because no matter what we did to the textures, they looked weird. Updates MAY come after everything else is done. Maybe.

We're lazy too.

Nice!
Do you mean the smash 3 project is delayed?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Small update to Wolf released, we were able to fix the Delfino glitch. Sorry about that guys!

I can't wait to see what you guys do with the Dr. Mario costume cause....the P:M one looks a bit weird to me. I don't like the default a whole ton(it's good but no white gloves makes it feel less like Mario and more like a Doctor, and while that was the intent it just feels wrong.) Like, he's supposed to be a Dr. AND Mario, the trademark white gloves should have stayed. His hair also looks strange when compared to the Smash 4 model. I hope that when you do Doc's stuff, you also make his colors accurate to Smash 4 (Black Doc should always have black gloves too, etc.)

Looking forward to it since Ganon and Falcon, as well as all the others, yes even Mario and the old ones, look awesome!
This is the part where I'd normally say we aren't doing Alt Costumes, but then we realized Dr. Mario does indeed throw pills. So, treat this as a teaser?

No, we're not delayed. Things are just taking longer (as usual) to finish than originally planned for that secret to everybody. Don't be alarmed; it is a common occurrence.

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Glad I could help, that mario looks amazing!
Thanks! I also gave rim to a "Metroid Fusion ZSS" (not the SJS one, it's an old texture which has vertex edit on her hair to make it look loose) and worked fine too, just some minor glitches (some parts have a few "ghost polygons", maybe because the vertex modding, dunno) but looks fine. I tried applying rim to a "Cloaked Hedgehog" Sonic texture, but that one gets extremely glitched everywhere but the "face" and hood... perhaps that one just needs an expert's job.

And no issues in Delfino, fortunately, thanks to the fix. And talking about the "cursed stage", thanks for fixing Wolf, I'll update my fileset as soon as possible :)

I'll try other Toon Link's costumes that doesn't have too many vertex edits.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Halp!

When I gave Smash 3 Rom to Felix, he's blade looks fine.

But when I customized the Smash 3's Edge texture, his blade ended up being too bright...

I didn't put any Rim to the blade itself, but on the second pics, it's too bright! X_X

I did everything correctly on Smash 3 Rim tutorial, I made bug fixes...
Lets direct all rimlight issues on the rimlight tutorial thread. Since its a thread specifically made to help guys with these issues. Looking good so far.

Thanks! I also gave rim to a "Metroid Fusion ZSS" (not the SJS one, it's an old texture which has vertex edit on her hair to make it look loose) and worked fine too, just some minor glitches (some parts have a few "ghost polygons", maybe because the vertex modding, dunno) but looks fine. I tried applying rim to a "Cloaked Hedgehog" Sonic texture, but that one gets extremely glitched everywhere but the "face" and hood... perhaps that one just needs an expert's job.

I'll try other Toon Link's costumes that doesn't have too many vertex edits.
Some models are a pain, but once you got the hang of it, everything is a breeze to do.

Last edited:

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
Small update to Wolf released, we were able to fix the Delfino glitch. Sorry about that guys!

This is the part where I'd normally say we aren't doing Alt Costumes, but then we realized Dr. Mario does indeed throw pills. So, treat this as a teaser?

5?

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Question, I want Mr. Game and Watch's Inverse color as Mr. G&W 5th costume.. How can I do this? There's only Fitgamewatch00.pac and pcs. Could it be possible to give every Mr. Game and Watch's palette swaps their own pacs and pcs?

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Question, I want Mr. Game and Watch's Inverse color as Mr. G&W 5th costume.. How can I do this? There's only Fitgamewatch00.pac and pcs. Could it be possible to give every Mr. Game and Watch's palette swaps their own pacs and pcs?
the palettes are inside of the FitGameWatch00.pac, you literally change color palettes with a color selector, because he doesn't use any actual texture, but i don't remember what's the file to look for

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
I tutorial on Rim Lighting (3 times now) and try applying the Rim to Felix. After doing few bug fixing and edge texture adjusting, this resulted my Rim Felix.

(Note: I only work or do Rim requests on Friday - Sunday, due to I have school. The Rim Lighting is actually similar to Smash 3's old rim lighting.)

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Just read over the texturing tutorial, nice. When you guys get around to a Marth update, I think I'll redo my Marth to use that as a base, and this tutorial will definitely come in handy. Especially with the shading.

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Wolf has no problems now, but yesterday, I found this:

"I'm gonna eat your sooooouuul...!!"

(Happens with every recolor on... "Certain Stage". Dunno if it was already fixed)

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Ummmmm, Just a heads-up, I don't think you posted Wolf on Tumblr.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Wolf has no problems now, but yesterday, I found this:

"I'm gonna eat your sooooouuul...!!"

(Happens with every recolor on... "Certain Stage". Dunno if it was already fixed)
Fixed, that was weird.
Thanks for always checking that stuff for us, I swear we fix things but then it turns out they're not.

Dark Pit has nothing on soul-eating Pit.
It's actually our Pit costume, really! Completely intentional.

I told Shun, but I think Wolf ate him.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to get transparent renders of Smash 3 characters? I'm playing around with some stuff for funzies, and those could come in handy. Particularly Mewtwo at the moment.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Fixed, that was weird.
I told Shun, but I think Wolf ate him.
Wolf ate me. Then I caught the flu. I posted. Finally.

Would it be possible to get transparent renders of Smash 3 characters? I'm playing around with some stuff for funzies, and those could come in handy. Particularly Mewtwo at the moment.

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Fixed, that was weird.
Thanks for always checking that stuff for us, I swear we fix things but then it turns out they're not.
Glad to be of help! Don't worry, those things happen :)

BTW, I just took other pics of some weird things I found that you should check too, I'll upload and explain those tomorrow, since it's difficult for me to upload and post pics right now.

Thanks for fixing Pit, tomorrow I'll update my textures too :)

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I did a thing

Edit:
Here's a rough template I made. It's not exactly perfect, but hey.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr8rcix9xe823gn/SmashCardRoughTemplate_0001.7z?dl=0
Both PSD and XCF versions included. Made it in Gimp, so I'm not 100% sure the PSD version is fully functional, but I think it should be.

Edit 2: Updated both the template and the Mewtwo card, forgot to add the inverted dropshadow to the infobox.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Wow, can I trade you my Fox card for that?
(Thanks for the template!)
Try this:

I just went to this site, and you can just type the name in all caps into the "Sample text" box, and it will give you a preview. Move the slider until it says 93pt font, and save the preview image for the bottom font. Ta da!

Also, shouldn't the background probably be purple, like his wallpaper?

But yeah, nice :p

Edit: I just realized that's a Fox-themed recolor, which would explain why it still says Fox and has the blue background. Oops.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I did a thing

Edit:
Both PSD and XCF versions included. Made it in Gimp, so I'm not 100% sure the PSD version is fully functional, but I think it should be.

Edit 2: Updated both the template and the Mewtwo card, forgot to add the inverted dropshadow to the infobox.
Hmmm, it says it's corrupted when I try to uncompress it. :/

Edit: Nvm, used a different program and it worked fine.

And I am very happy with my Lucas card. :)

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, it says it's corrupted when I try to uncompress it. :/

Edit: Nvm, used a different program and it worked fine.

And I am very happy with my Lucas card. :)
The font in the top is wrong, but the detail font looks correct. Were you able to figure out what font that is, or did you splice it together like I did for Psystrike? What the font couldn't find a match when I looked.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The font in the top is wrong, but the detail font looks correct. Were you able to figure out what font that is, or did you splice it together like I did for Psystrike? What the font couldn't find a match when I looked.
I just looked through the ones I had for one that was close. I used the same font for the title and details, which is just Arial Bold Italic with an extra faux bold added to it. It's slightly different still, but close enough that it's not super noticeable from a cursory look.

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Remember the Fox eye issue in Spear Pillar I reported before? I couldn't show you what I was talking about, but this time I have pics.

This is what happens to Fox in Spear Pillar, whether it is a legendary on stage, or not:

"Dialga is controlling his mind"

Meanwhile, Falco seems unnafected:

"Cresselia used 'Mind Control'.
But Falco doesn't give a f***!"

Wolf looks "possessed" in Spear Pillar, and his rim lighting goes nuts, too:

But, strangely enough, once there's a legendary on stage, he's fixed!:

Both glitch Fox and Wolf stay as is in the battle result screen once the match ends.

Very odd, indeed.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Remember the Fox eye issue in Spear Pillar I reported before? I couldn't show you what I was talking about, but this time I have pics.

This is what happens to Fox in Spear Pillar, whether it is a legendary on stage, or not:

"Dialga is controlling his mind"

Meanwhile, Falco seems unnafected:

"Cresselia used 'Mind Control'.
But Falco doesn't give a f***!"

Wolf looks "possessed" in Spear Pillar, and his rim lighting goes nuts, too:

But, strangely enough, once there's a legendary on stage, he's fixed!:

Both glitch Fox and Wolf stay as is in the battle result screen once the match ends.

Very odd, indeed.
Fox.exe confirmed and Wolf well that's a pretty weird glitch actually XD

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I did a thing

Edit:

If I had more time I would be so tempted to make a collection of these, this is fantastic!

beetlebomber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3406-7424
I don't know if this has been addressed, but Yoshi03.pac (Blue Yoshi) has a BP but no CSP. It's a small nitpick but I am meticulous about my PM additions and they have to be complete.

Also, I'm so glad this is so close to completion. Top tier mods tenaddaten

Top Bottom