• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
A year ago, we started this foolish project of retexturing all the Brawl characters. Some doubted we'd even finish. It's been a long ride.
We've come pretty far, and the finish line is in sight! Thanks for staying with us all this time guys!

To celebrate, here's an update with...Dedede! And 4 others, including that angel boy from that game.

Pit is the new charcter in this bunch, and we're pretty happy with how he turned out! psst, check his shield moves Since the PMBR is adding a few new costumes in 3.5, we've gone ahead and added enough slots to fill everything for all the characters released today. Game & Watch players with cBliss can experience the new colours, while everyone else will have to wait for the PMBR to add more G&W slots.
We've also updated the sword trails, which you can see with the new Pit as well as the older characters we've added them to! Pit's also trained his voice for Smash 3, and now sounds like he did in Kid Icarus Uprising. Enjoy!

Nooo!
The mass amount of content slowed me down, took forever to update my posts...!
I love all the new patterns on Dedede's recolors :bee:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
*Sees Pit in Brawl Vault*
Awesome! I didn't expect to see a new character released so soon!

*Goes to Smashboards, sees it's Smash 3's 1 Year Anniversary*
Happy Anniversary Smash 3 Team! I may not have been here since the beginning, but the ride so far has been a blast to follow and eventually contribute to. I know I've said this many times, but alongside the Project M Dev Team, you guys have helped breathe new life into Brawl, and I know I'll still want to keep playing even after Smash 4 is released!

EDIT: About not being here since the beginning, turns out I've been following this project a few days after the thread started on Smashboards lol. Point is, this project has still been fun to be a part of :D

*Goes to latest post with Zelda, Sheik, Game & Watch, and Dedede*
HOLY.... A LOT OF THINGS THAT NEED TO BE CENSORED!

I'm going to have a lot of trouble studying for midterms this week...

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hype!

Also, what file do you have to open to change stock icons?
You can find stock icons in a few places.

common5/sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData90
common5/sc_selstage.pac/MiscData40 (or whatever the stage thing is called. I can't remember right now)
STGRESULT.pac/MiscData120

And boy, it's been a year? Thanks for sticking with us through it all you guys. Since it's been a year, I'll let you guys in on a little Smash 3 team tradition that I started waaaaaaay back when. Every time we're about to release something, I post this video to get everyone hyped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkLA-5j0AA&list=FLaQgguiZ6ssD5-I7WwpOW_Q&index=3

So, whenever we're near release Taiko or I will say "Get yo guns on!"

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I figured this would be a really good time to post, hi all I'm Codex! I'm a new member of Smash3 (Or rather latecomer!) I'm helping out with rendering and in whatever way I can really! I've been wanting to introduce myself and finally worked up the courage to now!

I got into Modding way back after being inspired from the Smash3 project, I remember the first time I saw Smash 3's Marth and going "This is it! I have to get into modding!" and from there I just kept trying to get better and better, it's amazing to see how it is to this day and being a part of it, even a little feels like an honor!

To the whole Smash3 Team! Happy Anniversary! You guys are the very reason to where I am today!

LET THE HYPE CONTINUE TO GROW!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I figured this would be a really good time to post, hi all I'm Codex! I'm a new member of Smash3 (Or rather latecomer!) I'm helping out with rendering and in whatever way I can really! I've been wanting to introduce myself and finally worked up the courage to now!

I got into Modding way back after being inspired from the Smash3 project, I remember the first time I saw Smash 3's Marth and going "This is it! I have to get into modding!" and from there I just kept trying to get better and better, it's amazing to see how it is to this day and being a part of it, even a little feels like an honor!

To the whole Smash3 Team! Happy Anniversary! You guys are the very reason to where I am today!

Smash 3 Lucina confirmed? please?

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
OMG!!! The hype!!! Pit looks great! i can´t wait to see his new voice!!!
Also my main!!!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Taiko changed his pic Dark Pit and Shun changed his to Pit....
Does that mean Taiko is Dark Shun?!?!
OoO

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

That's a beautiful drawing of Lucina and Pikachu. Did you make that yourself?

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Hype everywhere huh? Might as well cap it off: Time to tip the scales give Saki proper rendering treatment.

I know this might be off topic but how do I make a signature so I can represent this awesome project ? :)
Photoshop or Gimp

Taiko

Smash Ace
I know this might be off topic but how do I make a signature so I can represent this awesome project ? :)
This code should help you get one:
Code:
[url=http://smashboards.com/threads/340807][img]http://i.imgur.com/5D8Jbs9.png[/img][/ur]
We should probably add this to the OP, actually!

I wonder if I should make "icon" versions of characters that people can just paste into their sig?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
This code should help you get one:
Code:
[url=http://smashboards.com/threads/340807][img]http://i.imgur.com/5D8Jbs9.png[/img][/ur]
We should probably add this to the OP, actually!

I wonder if I should make "icon" versions of characters that people can just paste into their sig?
So do I go to my profile and edit one into there ?
EDIT: I am a complete dolt I missed the Signature button XD Oh and guys great job on Bowser and Pit I especially like dark pit. A pallet swap. All is right in the world :)

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Even thought I, NFMLH2, was never with you from the beginning I felt in love with this project simply because I dislike having characters that aren't nintendo characters (EX: Shadow, Naruto, etc) and then this project came along.. You may think that giving every character an HD texture is lazy and boring but it's actually quite nice and the CSP are great. I will continue to support the creator of this project and the people who helped.

"Rock On"
-NFMLH2

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I first discovered this thread back when Toon Link was released, way back on page 3, I was so new to brawl hacking back then (I figured it out though). Man the quality has been amazing the whole way through (though you guys have gotten a lot better when more people joined and new techniques were learned), and I almost exclusively use your costumes, they truly are amazing. Well it's been a good time all through out and even though the end isn't here yet, it's been a good time riding the Smash 3 hype train.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Wat? I have Smash 3 Black Roy...am I missing something? Gold Rogery is the one who was cut.
I was really confused too, had to go back and check because I thought my memory was getting worse

I can now rest easy.

I do think we'll add back yellow though, I've learned a few ways to balance it better than before (which is why we didn't include it...)

Even thought I, NFMLH2, was never with you from the beginning I felt in love with this project simply because I dislike having characters that aren't nintendo characters (EX: Shadow, Naruto, etc) and then this project came along.. You may think that giving every character an HD texture but it's actually quite nice and the CSP are great. I will continue to support the creator of this project and the people who helped.

"Rock On"
-NFMLH2
I first discovered this thread back when Toon Link was released, way back on page 3, I was so new to brawl hacking back then (I figured it out though). Man the quality has been amazing the whole way through (though you guys have gotten a lot better when more people joined and new techniques were learned), and I almost exclusively use your costumes, they truly are amazing. Well it's been a good time all through out and even though the end isn't here yet, it's been a good time riding the Smash 3 hype train.
It's always great to see comments like these, thanks a lot guys. I don't really know what else to say, the support from you guys is just so motivating. Without all you guys we probably would have given up a year ago, but here we are!

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I as far I'm concerned, you have have definitely earned my respect and support, I also just tried the new guys out, they look fantastic. Waiting for the next update.

Juken

Smash Ace
Can anyone explain how the game & Watch one works? I replace the 00 and it replaces all the Game & Watch skins with all 8 colors in the download? I don't have the costume expander for G&W if that is the case, so it's kind of confusing.

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
Can anyone explain how the game & Watch one works? I replace the 00 and it replaces all the Game & Watch skins with all 8 colors in the download? I don't have the costume expander for G&W if that is the case, so it's kind of confusing.
Use the brawl version which has the normal recolors and not 8 costumes.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
The slots are there regardless, they just aren't selectable if you don't have your slots expanded. It'll work the same either way.
Use the brawl version which has the normal recolors and not 8 costumes.
The Project M version has those fancy hammer dots they added, that's the only difference between the two.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
A year ago, we started this foolish project of retexturing all the Brawl characters. Some doubted we'd even finish. It's been a long ride.
We've come pretty far, and the finish line is in sight! Thanks for staying with us all this time guys!

To celebrate, here's an update with...Dedede! And 4 others, including that angel boy from that game.

Pit is the new charcter in this bunch, and we're pretty happy with how he turned out! psst, check his shield moves Since the PMBR is adding a few new costumes in 3.5, we've gone ahead and added enough slots to fill everything for all the characters released today. Game & Watch players with cBliss can experience the new colours, while everyone else will have to wait for the PMBR to add more G&W slots.
We've also updated the sword trails, which you can see with the new Pit as well as the older characters we've added them to! Pit's also trained his voice for Smash 3, and now sounds like he did in Kid Icarus Uprising. Enjoy!

Nooo!
The mass amount of content slowed me down, took forever to update my posts...!
Happy anniversary, you guys. :) While I have only become engaged with your project recently, I am still thouroughly impressed and appreciative of what you have done.

Wait is that... Princess Hilda?! :D

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Really loving all of the new textures. Good on you guys to go back and improve on the ones you already did. I was wondering though, the only thing that keeps me from using Ike on this pack is that his colors are all standard vBrawl colors. Any chance that we might see 'Black Knight' or 'Greil' texture DLCs for him?

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Is Pit's Uprising voice a bit quiet or is that just me

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Really loving all of the new textures. Good on you guys to go back and improve on the ones you already did. I was wondering though, the only thing that keeps me from using Ike on this pack is that his colors are all standard vBrawl colors. Any chance that we might see 'Black Knight' or 'Greil' texture DLCs for him?
There is a chance. Not for DLC though.

MYSTERY

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I have 3 custom Smash 3 Ike textures on my Vault, Purple, Pink and Greil. I was working on a Black Knight recolor but my skills are too basic. Anyway, Hero Ike is soon to release I guess and two of his recolors could very possibly be Greil and BK (...I guess).

Link to my Vault if you are interested: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=38757&Moderated=All

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm assuming you and your crew aren't going to mind if I pop him open in GIMP and make some Black Knight ones for my own build if I'm not going around posting it and whatnot, right?
Not only do we not mind, you can go post it too! Just give a general credit to "Smash 3 Team". That's all we ask, but other than that go wild. Make your own colors and release them.

Fortress

Smash Master
Not only do we not mind, you can go post it too! Just give a general credit to "Smash 3 Team". That's all we ask, but other than that go wild. Make your own colors and release them.
It's almost finished, I can post some pictures of the renders here in a moment. I've done a couple of touches like turn Ragnell into Ettard, give Ike's hair color a red tone like Zelgius's, and put the Daein crest on his back instead of the one belonging to the Greil Mercenaries.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Sweeet. Lots of good stuff for the one year anniversary! Thanks guys! And hey Codex! Look forward to getting the final package.

Top Bottom