• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheild breaker Combo Thread

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Ppl need to start posting ideas i never know what to do after a shieldbreak only charge fsmash lol

I never get sheild breaks. Anyway, a charged fsmash is really all you need. It kills at what? 60% and above? At least on neutrals. More or less CPs.

Anyone know how quickly you can get out of a shield break? I know button mashing gets you out of it faster and quickly enough. For perspective, the original wargasm takes too long to set-up for button mashing.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
I almost never get shieldbreaks, but I always try to double grenade > footstool > mine > footstool > c4 > footstool > back-air. That is, if the opponent doesn't know button mashing gets you out of it quicker :p.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
I almost never get shieldbreaks, but I always try to double grenade > footstool > mine > footstool > c4 > footstool > back-air. That is, if the opponent doesn't know button mashing gets you out of it quicker :p.
Maybe try it without the other footstool after the c4, and after the bair blowing it up?

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
That's only if you can find the time to pull that off. Seeing that snake has the second slowest Fsmash in the game, it's a little tricky.
>_> It's the best option for Snake after breaking a shield, actually. Shieldbreakers are a means of entertainment, they're hardly viable in tournament play. (They can DI, tech, etc.)

napZzz

Smash Hero
what are you talking about too slow if you broke someones shield chances are you were right next to them and you'll definitely have time to charge an fsmash lol and if it was from something far away you'll probably not have time to do **** anyways you can probably still mix in an uncharged fsmash or just a dair for damage if you'd prefer. How do you think you have time to mix a grenade/mortar into an fsmash but you're saying charged fsmash isn't as effective? If you wanna do some weird damage **** you could probably just do the whole little war thing with double nade drop c4 or w/e lol

95% of the time a shield break will happen in charged fsmash kill percent range anyways and you ahve time to run up to someone anyways while they bounce up from it

I think 4 hits of dair does more than an uncharged fsmash anyways

Most of the time I'll have a mortar, Grenade, and FSmash all at once if I can. And I know I misspelled shield. Noticed as soon as i posted the thread. :/
were you also unable to notice your "maid" typo? lol.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Wow I just cannot type. Oh well, they're just typos. And False, we all know we wouldn't be dumb enough to try this stuff at tournaments. Well, I dunno. I might if I'm winning well enough...against a 6 year old.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
For breaking shields, Dair usually works better than other moves imo. That and ftilt, but they need to have already been using their shield a bit. You can also try dair shield push into motion sensor.

Fsmash is what I always use to punish shield breaks. You could try planting a c4 on them though, then knocking them up and waiting for the airdodge, then detonate. just a thought.

Top Bottom