• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
maybe who knows where there gonna go after botw
That's my biggest question as well. I read now that we might have to wait a little while however...

https://gamerant.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel-558/

"We have no plans for a future Zelda, we are still far from all this unfortunately for you. Today, I’m at a stage where I’m trying to gather a number of ideas for a sequel, but I cannot do it alone. It’s a lot of work that will have to be done over a long period of time, and we’re still far from having planned anything. Leave us a little time…”

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's my biggest question as well. I read now that we might have to wait a little while however...

https://gamerant.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel-558/

"We have no plans for a future Zelda, we are still far from all this unfortunately for you. Today, I’m at a stage where I’m trying to gather a number of ideas for a sequel, but I cannot do it alone. It’s a lot of work that will have to be done over a long period of time, and we’re still far from having planned anything. Leave us a little time…”
well i can always wait for zelda

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well i can always wait for zelda
Yeah sure, so can I. Yet the last few years always had at least 2 new Zelda titles, even if they where remakes. So if they don't have any new plans for the franchise, why not port Skyward Sword? Seems reasonable enough.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It seems most eyes are on Skull Kid for tomorrow, I wonder if his reveal could pave way for Impa. I suppose it depends on the direction they go with his trailer. Will they for Majora's Mask fan service, or Legend of Zelda fan service in general.

Either way, good luck team mates! May we dream for the Ultimate Zelda representation!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It seems most eyes are on Skull Kid for tomorrow, I wonder if his reveal could pave way for Impa. I suppose it depends on the direction they go with his trailer. Will they for Majora's Mask fan service, or Legend of Zelda fan service in general.

Either way, good luck team mates! May we dream for the Ultimate Zelda representation!
Honestly if we're looking at patterns, you guys seem to be first in line. I'll make the pattern a rule though once we see Dixie first. And if Dixie is a unique newcomer, then all the more reasons for us Impa supporters to rejoice, seeing as everyone and their dog also assume her to be a Echo despite the potential.

Am hoping for a new Zelda game to be announced in general honestly. May it feature our favorite characters yet again, just like in Ocarina of Time. ;)

Speaking of games in which our favorite characters appear in... I always thought the 'ghastly voice' that laughs and makes you lose track in The Lost Woods in Breath of the Wild was Skull Kid, or at least his spirit.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I am not sure if anyone brought this up but, I realized that Sheik's Final Smash was also changed yet it's different this time from Zelda's. Zelda summons the Triforce but Sheik doesn't. If you've seen Sheik's new Final Smash is several attacks with the Sheikah symbol in the background. That would fit Impa very well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am not sure if anyone brought this up but, I realized that Sheik's Final Smash was also changed yet it's different this time from Zelda's. Zelda summons the Triforce but Sheik doesn't. If you've seen Sheik's new Final Smash is several attacks with the Sheikah symbol in the background. That would fit Impa very well.
Yes it’s been brought up in this thread. And yes I also believe this bodes real well for Impa! The Final Smash fits Impa even better than Sheik I would say.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I support Impa. I know many probably want her to have an original kit, but I've always fancied her as a Sheik replacement tbh, so she's one of 2 characters I'd be perfectly fine with becoming an Echo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I support Impa. I know many probably want her to have an original kit, but I've always fancied her as a Sheik replacement tbh, so she's one of 2 characters I'd be perfectly fine with becoming an Echo.
Same here. Always envisioned her as a Sheik replacement. Before Smash 4 had Zelda and Sheik split up, I wanted Impa to be the separate Sheik. Therefore her being a Echo still feels fine even if Hyrule Warriors offers a total unique potential play style.

Anyway, it’s less than 12 hours now. We might know if she’s in or not then.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just so you know, the direct has been delayed, because of a huge earthquake in Hokkaido.
No date has been given, but it should be next thursday according to Splatoon's data.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just so you know, the direct has been delayed, because of a huge earthquake in Hokkaido.
No date has been given, but it should be next thursday according to Splatoon's data.
Damn that’s a shame.... Hopefully all is well over there in Japan. And also hope no more people have to die or suffer.

The Direct can wait. People’s lives are more important, always.

D

Deleted member

Impa is a recurring Zelda character who is one of the few outside of the Triforce Trilogy to receive multiple incarnations. And she has such a wide range of potential for how she could be a Smash character.

That is something that I totally support.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is a recurring Zelda character who is one of the few outside of the Triforce Trilogy to receive multiple incarnations. And she has such a wide range of potential for how she could be a Smash character.

That is something that I totally support.
Seeing more and more people pop up with opinions similar to yours encourages me a lot to be optimistic about Impa's chances. Maybe we get to see her in the next Direct. Am feeling more confident these days that we will see her.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
The more I think about it, the more The Legend of Zelda is the most overlooked series when it comes to Smash Bros representation. We haven't gotten a new character with a new moveset since Melee, because Toon Link is really just a Link semi-clone. Even so, in Melee we really only got two new characters, not four. Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone which is pretty pathetic, and Young Link is literally another clone of Link. Right now, we really only have Link, Zelda, and Sheik. This new Smash game NEEDS a new Zelda character with a new moveset. So it's Impa's time. She's the perfect candidate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The more I think about it, the more The Legend of Zelda is the most overlooked series when it comes to Smash Bros representation. We haven't gotten a new character with a new moveset since Melee, because Toon Link is really just a Link semi-clone. Even so, in Melee we really only got two new characters, not four. Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone which is pretty pathetic, and Young Link is literally another clone of Link. Right now, we really only have Link, Zelda, and Sheik. This new Smash game NEEDS a new Zelda character with a new moveset. So it's Impa's time. She's the perfect candidate.
Kirby franchise hasn't gotten anything after Brawl either. And it's only got 3. Zelda is a big franchise tho. I'll just say I think both could use a new character. And Impa would be a quick easy way to remedy that as an echo. And I'd want a new moveset for her too, but either way, would be a good addition.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong
You know I used to give you so much **** for supporting Impa for Smash years ago, but now I'm like "oh, that makes a lot of sense actually."

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
IMPA: the definition of an echo character in just about any sense.
I'd be distraught not to get her. Parched.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Kirby franchise hasn't gotten anything after Brawl either. And it's only got 3. Zelda is a big franchise tho. I'll just say I think both could use a new character. And Impa would be a quick easy way to remedy that as an echo. And I'd want a new moveset for her too, but either way, would be a good addition.
Hopefully Kirby and Zelda both get a newcomer. Both are underrepresented. Impa and Bandana Dee would be good.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bandana Dee is my second most wanted behind Skull Kid and was my most anticipated before they started revealing stuff. I will be very perplexed and annoyed if he's not playable

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I've posted in here or not, but consider me a supporter. I always thought recurring Zelda characters should get priority over one-shots, and Impa's been with the series since the beginning, albeit in the instruction manual until OoT.

Actually I was so sure they were going to cut Shiek from Smash 4 in favor of Impa, but I guess they were just going to stick with the Twilight Princess designs again... but now that Zelda characters take their designs from a mix of games instead of one series ( the best decision Sakurai has ever made in regards to the Zelda characters ) I feel like we can just have both... Skyward Sword isn't my favorite Zelda, but I think it should get some representation on the roster, and Impa was quite the big character in that game, so my vote is for that version of the character.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong
You know I used to give you so much **** for supporting Impa for Smash years ago, but now I'm like "oh, that makes a lot of sense actually."
Ohhh well I ‘kinda’ asked for it though. Nowadays people do see what the problem is that a solo Sheik brings, and that she in fact won’t ever be in another Zelda but yeah, I was kind of a **** about it all honestly. In the end I DID predict that Zelda would be split up from Sheik, I just wouldn’t expect the solo Sheila character to be Sheik herself. And to be frank yet again, SS Impa would’ve clashed with the other Zelda characters’ designs in Smash 4. Not so much the case this time though! So I do think we’re kinda solid. The fact that no other Zelda newcomer stands out really does good to our favors. I predict we get a Echo Impa, but she might as well be unique when build around Hyrule Warriors. That game has been ported twice now, it basically served as ‘Zelda Wii U’ in many ways.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm pretty certain Impa is making it in as an echo of Sheik. I'm sure she scored better than both Chrom and Dark Samus in the ballot, as she had quite a lot of support if I remember correctly. If they can make it in due to popularity, it should be no problem for Impa. Being unique would obviously be preferable, but if Skull Kid really is getting in, then Impa should be the echo. Anyways, she would finally justify Sheiks spot on the roster, who has only ever had one minor role in Ocarina of Time as a disguised Zelda. It's really mind boggling how little she is being discussed. She's probably the most likely echo at this point.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm pretty certain Impa is making it in as an echo of Sheik. I'm sure she scored better than both Chrom and Dark Samus in the ballot, as she had quite a lot of support if I remember correctly. If they can make it in due to popularity, it should be no problem for Impa. Being unique would obviously be preferable, but if Skull Kid really is getting in, then Impa should be the echo. Anyways, she would finally justify Sheiks spot on the roster, who has only ever had one minor role in Ocarina of Time as a disguised Zelda. It's really mind boggling how little she is being discussed. She's probably the most likely echo at this point.
Yeah for some reasons... I tend to put Chrom, Dark Samus and Impa in the same situation in the ballot. Dunno, it's sort of a trio for me. I really hope she'll make it, if she is indeed an echo, I'll probably play Sheik's moveset more than in Smash 4 (I technically know how to play Sheik thanks to Zelda in Melee and Brawl).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Going into this Smash game, there were two characters that I thought could be costumes or clones ala Alph or the echo fighters. I thought this simply because I thought it made sense.

One was obviously Impa.

The other, the first new Echo revealed. Daisy.

Impa simply makes sense to me.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Best of luck, Impa fans! There'd be no Sheik without the Sheikah! May the princess's timeless guardian and confidante transcend worlds to partake in the Ultimate battle!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Had a dream tonight where I saw a fragment of Hyrule Warriors' Impa in Smash. It looked pretty smooth and she was also mostly unique, much like Isabelle.

In general, I think Isabella makes it more possible for us to be more confident in a more unique Impa as well. Because how big the Zelda franchise is, and has become thanks to Breath of the Wild, somehow it wouldn't just feel right to have Echo Impa being the only newcomer. Sure it would solve the problem of not having a proper Zelda newcomer since, well, Melee (since Young Link and Toon Link are quite alike anyway) but I do think Impa deserves a little more attention than only that. She can borrow some other moves from other characters as well to make her a little more interessting, as Greninja's Shadow Sneak for example, and if she uses the Giant Blade she can borrow Ike's Quick Draw, Cloud's Smash and maybe aerial attacks, and borrow a little from Sheik everywhere else.

Anyway, am starting to get a bit more optimistic about Impa. I don't think the outcry for a Zelda newcomer will be ignored yet again. It's literally Nintendo's biggest franchise after Mario and Pokemon, so it should get some more love I feel.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I feel like Impa and Skull Kid fans need to stick together more than ever now, spreading support for both characters.

I'll admit though I still think she'd be an echo, Isabelle I figured could get in as either.

Of course if both Skull Kid and Impa got in as unique characters, that would be the jackpot!!! I wonder how they'd handle unique Impa though? I just don't see them using her Hyrule Warriors design. Even if it would be cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel like Impa and Skull Kid fans need to stick together more than ever now, spreading support for both characters.

I'll admit though I still think she'd be an echo, Isabelle I figured could get in as either.

Of course if both Skull Kid and Impa got in as unique characters, that would be the jackpot!!! I wonder how they'd handle unique Impa though? I just don't see them using her Hyrule Warriors design. Even if it would be cool.
Yes I think so that we're best of to stick togheter. Not a reason not to, most fanbases of certain characters stick together anyway and I don't want no competition if we can both make it.

Impa as a Echo would work yes, and I wouldn't exactly mind either. I would easily take her as a Echo, even if she where desgined around Ocarina of Time and not Skyward Sword (SS being my favorite Impa design and personality). Yet, Isabelle shows that we can get so much more. And it's not like she ever had much potential either. Outside of the fishing rod, everything else from Animal Crossing was already added in Villager's kit. It would be a shame if Impa was a full Echo, and having so much moveset potential.

Then again, I'll have to admit, she much more resembles Chrom and Dark Samus than Isabelle in terms of being requested overall, and thus would be a 'lucky addition' like them, thus increasing the chances of being a Echo considerably.

Only reason it won't happen is that Hyrule Warriors was one of the Wii U's top titles around the time of the ballot, and Impa might've had significant amount of votes from that alone. I don't think it's unlikely to happen actually. Most of her ballot votes would've been from casual players anyway, and it would most likely come from Hyrule Warriors opposed to Skyward Sword. As I do think more people played Hyrule Warriors than Skyward Sword.

Anyway, I also had dreams where I saw Young Link in Smash before he was revealed, I also had this dream where I saw Diddy doing a Rocketbarrel-powered version of his Side B kick specifically before he did that in the King K.Rool reveal trailer and succesfully predicted that Chrom was one of the most likely characters to be added in Ultimate despite the chances, so I hope that my psychic super powers are accurate this time also. :065:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I actually think people underestimate how Impa did in the Ballot. Hyrule Warriors put her in front of everyones mind and without a role already in the game, I actually think she was the highest scoring Zelda character.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I feel like Impa should have replaced Sheik right when she seperated from Zelda. I mean, she was supposed to represent the Triforce of Power before Ocarina of Time changed that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I feel like Impa should have replaced Sheik right when she seperated from Zelda. I mean, she was supposed to represent the Triforce of Power before Ocarina of Time changed that.
Ehh, while mentioned as the original plan, From the very beginning it was Ganon who had it. Impa didn't even physically appear in the games until Ocarina of Time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually think people underestimate how Impa did in the Ballot. Hyrule Warriors put her in front of everyones mind and without a role already in the game, I actually think she was the highest scoring Zelda character.
She honestly must've been. There's not a chance that the other characters could have gotten more votes than her. Skull Kid maybe aside, cause the timing of the ballot might've also done real well for Skull Kid seeing as the Majora's Mask remake was also released around that time. I guess Young Link might be the single Zelda character that was voted more than Impa however. :ultyounglink: That really seems the only possibility. Ghirahim and Midna did have decent fanbases, but most died out when they where confirmed for Assist Trophy status. Same with Skull Kid, innitially.

Also, the box theorists will have us believing that Ken remains the only Echo left. Because Sheik's picture is already shown on the box art, and Impa isn't next to her. So that would kind of suck if it turns out to be true. However, if it's true, the only possibility left for Impa is being a unique character, or at least semi-clone. That is a thing I can easily settle with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bumping this because it's Impa's time in the Rate Your Character thread.

And also, I found a comic that was funny.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I would like to see Impa in as an echo fighter of Sheik. Zelda needs more than Links, Zeldas, and Dorf. Support!

Top Bottom