• Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Staarih

Smash Champion
While it's cool to have new spirits again, it's a bit of a shame one of them is Impa. Well, the AoC version of her at least. Though I guess it's not a huge personal loss as I'm more of a fan of SS Impa, but either way, not sure where she stands now.

Will be eager to try out the spirit event later this weekend though. While having Sheik represent Impa again was obvious (as with the original OoT Impa spirit), it does further give credence for her working as a potential Sheik echo as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really should play more Age of Calamity, it's a very nice game. Even if the story isn't official, it is well polished, and has solid game play and characters. Love Impa in it as well, she has a way more flamboyant personality than I would've expect.

Am still sort of hoping for a young Impa appearance in BotW2.

fogbadge

Smash Legend
I really should play more Age of Calamity, it's a very nice game. Even if the story isn't official, it is well polished, and has solid game play and characters. Love Impa in it as well, she has a way more flamboyant personality than I would've expect.

Am still sort of hoping for a young Impa appearance in BotW2.
you should it is really good

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I finished the game, I know it's good. Is it possible to start a new game and keep playing your old safe state however ?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what I've been thinking about... What if Impa would still make it in, as a deal for a sort of Echo Pack? You know, the Impa from Skyward Sword could potentially become just that, if the game is getting a remake. It could come as a package deal with games as Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess as a package deal, like we got for Mario a few months back.

If Impa had to function as a Echo, and we're allowed some :ultken:-like treatments, I could picture her like this;

Neutral B; Greninja Water Shuriken, but uncharged.

Side B; Greninja Shadow Sneak, or simply use the same Burst Grenade but it's now a Deku Nut. Obviously this means OoT Impa is now also an alt.

Down B; Remote Bombs? It would make sense for the leader of the Sheikah to be ahead with the technology..even if it's not completely canon. We saw worse! TP Zelda transformation to Post Sheik.

Would anyone be down with supporting this? Just for the sake to keep the support going...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well we dont need to stop talking just cause shes deconfirmed
That's true. But most of our discussion was about how to implement Impa from Age of Calamity into Smash. That was by far the most likely scenario for Impa to be included.

fogbadge

Smash Legend
That's true. But most of our discussion was about how to implement Impa from Age of Calamity into Smash. That was by far the most likely scenario for Impa to be included.
oh im sure we'll think of something

what with this being an anniversary year were bound to have several zelda things to talk about

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Legend

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How well did Age of Calamity even do, sales wise? Anything comparable to the original game already?

Staarih

Smash Champion
How well did Age of Calamity even do, sales wise? Anything comparable to the original game already?
We'll have to wait for Koei Tecmo to provide updated numbers but they did inform us a couple days after release that AoC had shipped 3 million copies. The original Hyrule Warriors barely made it to one million iirc (that's the WiiU for ya), so it's already better from the get-go.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Good News! (For me) I just finished Age of Calamity. 100% Map Completion! All Characters Maxed Level!

Only thing I didn't do was get each character's weapon maxed level. Seems pointless since it doesn't add to completion nor is it useful after the game is completed. I might play a bit more if we get DLC (we should).

fogbadge

Smash Legend
We'll have to wait for Koei Tecmo to provide updated numbers but they did inform us a couple days after release that AoC had shipped 3 million copies. The original Hyrule Warriors barely made it to one million iirc (that's the WiiU for ya), so it's already better from the get-go.
might have picked up a fair amount with the two ports

Top Bottom