• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Staarih

Smash Master
While it's cool to have new spirits again, it's a bit of a shame one of them is Impa. Well, the AoC version of her at least. Though I guess it's not a huge personal loss as I'm more of a fan of SS Impa, but either way, not sure where she stands now.

Will be eager to try out the spirit event later this weekend though. While having Sheik represent Impa again was obvious (as with the original OoT Impa spirit), it does further give credence for her working as a potential Sheik echo as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really should play more Age of Calamity, it's a very nice game. Even if the story isn't official, it is well polished, and has solid game play and characters. Love Impa in it as well, she has a way more flamboyant personality than I would've expect.

Am still sort of hoping for a young Impa appearance in BotW2.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really should play more Age of Calamity, it's a very nice game. Even if the story isn't official, it is well polished, and has solid game play and characters. Love Impa in it as well, she has a way more flamboyant personality than I would've expect.

Am still sort of hoping for a young Impa appearance in BotW2.
you should it is really good

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I finished the game, I know it's good. Is it possible to start a new game and keep playing your old safe state however ?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what I've been thinking about... What if Impa would still make it in, as a deal for a sort of Echo Pack? You know, the Impa from Skyward Sword could potentially become just that, if the game is getting a remake. It could come as a package deal with games as Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess as a package deal, like we got for Mario a few months back.

If Impa had to function as a Echo, and we're allowed some :ultken:-like treatments, I could picture her like this;

Neutral B; Greninja Water Shuriken, but uncharged.

Side B; Greninja Shadow Sneak, or simply use the same Burst Grenade but it's now a Deku Nut. Obviously this means OoT Impa is now also an alt.

Down B; Remote Bombs? It would make sense for the leader of the Sheikah to be ahead with the technology..even if it's not completely canon. We saw worse! TP Zelda transformation to Post Sheik.

Would anyone be down with supporting this? Just for the sake to keep the support going...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well we dont need to stop talking just cause shes deconfirmed
That's true. But most of our discussion was about how to implement Impa from Age of Calamity into Smash. That was by far the most likely scenario for Impa to be included.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's true. But most of our discussion was about how to implement Impa from Age of Calamity into Smash. That was by far the most likely scenario for Impa to be included.
oh im sure we'll think of something

what with this being an anniversary year were bound to have several zelda things to talk about

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How well did Age of Calamity even do, sales wise? Anything comparable to the original game already?

Staarih

Smash Master
How well did Age of Calamity even do, sales wise? Anything comparable to the original game already?
We'll have to wait for Koei Tecmo to provide updated numbers but they did inform us a couple days after release that AoC had shipped 3 million copies. The original Hyrule Warriors barely made it to one million iirc (that's the WiiU for ya), so it's already better from the get-go.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Good News! (For me) I just finished Age of Calamity. 100% Map Completion! All Characters Maxed Level!

Only thing I didn't do was get each character's weapon maxed level. Seems pointless since it doesn't add to completion nor is it useful after the game is completed. I might play a bit more if we get DLC (we should).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We'll have to wait for Koei Tecmo to provide updated numbers but they did inform us a couple days after release that AoC had shipped 3 million copies. The original Hyrule Warriors barely made it to one million iirc (that's the WiiU for ya), so it's already better from the get-go.
might have picked up a fair amount with the two ports

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It sucks, but we might never get another unique Zelda newcomer ever again in Smash as the last one we got was Zelda and Sheik in Melee. Ganondorf, Young Link, and Toon Link don't count because of being semi-clones or clones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It sucks, but we might never get another unique Zelda newcomer ever again in Smash as the last one we got was Zelda and Sheik in Melee. Ganondorf, Young Link, and Toon Link don't count because of being semi-clones or clones.
Not too sure about this honestly. A Zelda newcomer might be possible still through the sequel of Breath of the Wild, and as Delzethin Delzethin pointed out in his video, Impa could be just that. But it's a huge uphill battle. For now we know that the Warriors games will be overlooked, even if there's obvious inspiration to get from them. And it doesn't even matter that Nintendo themselves are involved either.

I could see a Zelda newcomer if we're getting a port to Ultimate however, and in case we're getting a total reboot of Smash the next game. I doubt Sheik, and the smaller Links will make the roster then. Which could leave room for Impa.

Fully unique is a thing you could worry about yeah, maybe. Impa might as well end up being a semi clone or Echo Fighter of course.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Excellent news!

Hey, that's a victory! Answered a question I asked earlier too. About how well Age of Calamity did, sales wise, compared to the original Hyrule Warriors. I'll take every victory at this moment.

Surely, our campaign has suffered from the Spirit Event. And yeah, Impa is probably out for Smash Ultimate, on Nintendo Switch. I do think however that Ultimate is literally the ultimate base for Smash to grow further. I don't see them tackling a grander project, unless it's run by Master Hand himself.

I'll say it, Smash Ultimate is most likely gonna be ported for a next Smash game. And am not even sure if this Fighter Pass is gonna be the last of the DLC. It just does too well. I am at least guessing that down the line, a total package of Smash Ultimate will be sold with all the DLC Fighters. Might be for Switch, might be for the next thing. But I can't believe this is gonna be over after all this.

Smash is now the most legendary cross over in gaming probably. I can only imagine it going bigger. Ultimate is then gonna be the base. And surely a next game is gonna need to address some newcomers from Nintendo franchises as well. Ultimate added characters that seemed unlikely , but had huge demands, such as K.Rool and Ridley. But to many, even characters as Byleth and Min-Min where not considered extremely likely and favorable in chances. Ultimate added back all the veteran fighters, because they where popular, added K.Rool and Ridley, easily the characters with the most loud and widespread support back in the day, and Ultimate added many big time 3rd party characters. Many who also had quite some deep support even I didn't expect, as Sephiroth and the Belmonts.

A Zelda newcomer is a very widely discussed prospect right now. It's almost as demanded as people NOT wanting more Fire Emblem characters (by now, Intelligent System should try to make a Fire Emblem traditional fighter game like Soul Calibur but with FE characters or something). So I'm very positive that Impa will happen, eventually. She might not be the "main" Zelda newcomer, the one who will catch the most eyes, but I definitely think she will be added. If only for the legacy.

We need to keep Impa on the radar as the most logical choice for a Zelda newcomer. This has been beneficial for many other fanbases of characters who had to "compete" with other characters from the same franchise, for example Toad, Paper Mario, Geno even maybe ..? And maybe more relevant: Dixie Kong and King K.Rool. Many thought Dixie to be the next natural choice, she came back in Tropical Freeze after all, but she wasn't nearly as demanded as K.Rool.

Let's not forget, and let's not make that happen here. Impa is now far and wide the most widespread logical choice for a Zelda newcomer, and let's not take that status for granted. Because a next Zelda game is going to come out... Sometime. And with that, a next new Zelda character is always gonna stand out. And Impa will lose traction because of it.

Since the next game is also within the same world as BotW and Age of Calamity, it's in our advantage that we have had a younger Impa playable as one of the most popular characters in the best selling Warriors game so far. First recruitable character, close ties to both Link and Zelda, and at least present in 2/3 games, one as playable. She shares that with the Champions, but the Champions died in BotW, Impa did not. It's more likely she will return than them. And we know the next villain of BotW2 is likely gonna be a zombified Ganondorf.

Since BotW2 is likely gonna be the next source of inspiration for Zelda in the next Smash, I think they're gonna revamp both Zelda, and Ganondorf at least to match the BotW lore. Impa could be a logical newcomer in this. Or replace Sheik altogether. But that's unlikely with Everyone Is Here.

So best we can do is try and see how we can fit Impa in Smash best. Be it as a fully unique character, a semi clone of Sheik, or a Echo Fighter of Sheik who might borrow from Greninja a bit here and there.

I'm down for fighting a bit more for Impa, to maintain our position. Who's with me?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Very interesting picture.

(Spoiler)

I'm kind of disappointed that we never saw the man the Impa would marry.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's just hope that Impa will still continue to be a regular character in the series if she can't get in Smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Breath of the Wild was a great game. Took a fresh new approach to the Zelfs franchise, and yeah, they could / should have tried to include some more typical Zelda elements as collectable weapons / items and especially dungeons / temples, but for what it's worth it's a great game. Only other complaints I have is the weapon durability system, and combat growing lame quickly.

Skyward Sword had a great combat system, and I hope a next Zelda game learns from that. Puzzling combat is a great concept for Zelda. I never died more in actual combat than in Skyward Sword. Combine it with the sword techniques from Twilight Princess, and it's perfect. Speaking of other things they could use from Skyward Sword, the temples where easily one of the best in 3D Zelda. Very creative. The story was also superb.

This most made me realize that my absolute dream Zelda would probably be a prequel to Skyward Sword, with a open world like Breath of the Wild, but dungeons and "puzzle combat", secret sword techniques, and of course a Young Impa.

Top Bottom