• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
whelp finished missing heir

great story though i predicted a fair amount of it. saw taro being part of the family coming right from the start. kind of a shame the other is set before cause i wanna know what happened afterwards

onto part two tomorrow

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
Well i just finished The Girl Who Stands Behind and i really enjoyed it. I might go on to play The Missing Heir next, by the way i`ve recently been thinking what Ayumi could have as a potential moveset. I was thinking that she could use the coffee she used to put the protagonist to sleep as a special move or using the T.U. Pen as another special move. There was was an old Ayumi moveset that someone made that involved this but i can`t find it nowhere. But i do remember that in this moveset Ayumi will shift through different pieces of evidence that is found in the game & that the T.U. Pen has the highest attack power of them all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well i just finished The Girl Who Stands Behind and i really enjoyed it. I might go on to play The Missing Heir next, by the way i`ve recently been thinking what Ayumi could have as a potential moveset. I was thinking that she could use the coffee she used to put the protagonist to sleep as a special move or using the T.U. Pen as another special move. There was was an old Ayumi moveset that someone made that involved this but i can`t find it nowhere. But i do remember that in this moveset Ayumi will shift through different pieces of evidence that is found in the game & that the T.U. Pen has the highest attack power of them all.
SPOILERS! Please be considerate to your fellow users

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just finished the Missing Heir and here are my thoughts:

It was a wild rollercoaster that I had a blast with. Was the murder Kanji? Was it Akira? Was it Jiro? Was it Azusa? Left and right these people got murdered by Kanda and to find out Kanda was Amachi and you the protagonist was Yuri's son the rightful living heir to the Ayashiro family wealth was quite mind boggling. This was my first visual novel game and I absolutely fell in love with it. It had so much drama and real life depth in it I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. I can't wait to check out The Girl Who Stands Behind.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started Missing Heir, it kinda feels like the developers poured more time into this one than the Girl who stands behind so far. The character animations feel more animated.

Even if it turns out Ayumi doesn't become playable in Ultimate, her series got a massive boost in recognition by having a worldwide release, the largest push the series ever got.
I'm honestly surprised this specific series actually got this kind of treatment instead of, well, literally any other obscure Nintendo series lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
I started Missing Heir, it kinda feels like the developers poured more time into this one than the Girl who stands behind so far. The character animations feel more animated.

I'm honestly surprised this specific series actually got this kind of treatment instead of, well, literally any other obscure Nintendo series lol
Probably because the Girl Who Stands Behind was remade once before

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really, really hope that they consider remaking/expanding upon the third game. I'm already itching for more gameplay.
I hope they make a new one at some point.
Not like a reboot or anything, but more in this late 80's/early 90's Japan setting the first 2 games got. That would be nice.

These games really satiated a hunger that i didnt realize i had, the Last Layton game came out in 2017, same for the Great AceAttorney 2. I needed another mystery game.

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking of what alts. Ayumi could have. She could have her regular school uniform, the casual outfit she wore in The Missing Heir, or the outfit she wore at the end of The Girl Who Stands Behind.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I was just thinking of what alts. Ayumi could have. She could have her regular school uniform, the casual outfit she wore in The Missing Heir, or the outfit she wore at the end of The Girl Who Stands Behind.
Mostly the schoolgirl outfit and her casual outfit because they're the designs that wouldn't be spoiling anything and that both have official artwork to make spirits for

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
why is it that halfway through the first game aymui suddenly starts getting really close to your face? what is that about

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
why is it that halfway through the first game aymui suddenly starts getting really close to your face? what is that about
It's to emphasis the change in outfits. In the original FDS version, the characters changed outfits from Disk 1 to Disk 2, and that change is reflected in the Switch version too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
on about chapter 7 now

tone is coming across as a little inconsistent. it going from being an intriguing and creepy mystery to a high school cringe fest for about five minutes. also all these teachers talking about wanting to protect the girls is rather unsettling.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
on about chapter 7 now

tone is coming across as a little inconsistent. it going from being an intriguing and creepy mystery to a high school cringe fest for about five minutes. also all these teachers talking about wanting to protect the girls is rather unsettling.
Definitely has a "Proto Ace Attorney" vibe huh.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I've been a fan of this weird franchise for a bit, and Ayumi Tachibana has always been a "pipe dream" pick for me, possibly my second most wanted character after Daisy.
I finished both games already, but I'm so happy that the rest of the world gets to play these even if they're not too popular over here.

Hopefully Ayumi can make it into Smash. My tinfoil hat theory is that if there is indeed a bonus character and it's her, a download code for will be emailed out if you buy Missing Heir and Girl who Stands Behind, but you can just buy her/the stage/the music for $5.99 if you don't at a later date.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Wow this game is old lol. Now that I've played for a while, I can definitively say these are some CLASSIC point-and-click adventure vibes. I love that extremely old-school style of video games where you just aimlessly do stuff until something works, working off of vague clues. Like the cryptic hints in old NES games like Zelda or Castlevania. That's right up my alley and I'm enjoying my time with FDC, but hoo boy I definitely have some friends who I could never recommend this game to because they don't like this kind of murkiness.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So, I tried to do something more realistic than what I usually do, as well as a unique idea. Definitely not the best, but I’m trying to improve and felt like drawing Ayumi Tachibana in a xEMU Spacesuit, so I did. She’s trying to pick up a knife, but is struggling a bit with the weight of her suit. Please, give me constructive criticism if you have any. I will probably do more traditional fan art when I’m finished with Missing Heir, but I like Spacesuits so I decided this will work for now.
125D9E0E-76A2-4ADC-8785-ED6D7469CF94.jpeg

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well the ghost rumour is creepier than the ghost rumour from my old school

how does it compare to the rumours from your schools?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Top Bottom