• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Afro's returning for his support of Ayumi once again. I still love this character, and I really want her in Smash. Don't let me down Sakurai! - Afro
Great to have you back, pal. We can all hope she gets a second chance despite the heavy odds against her and her franchise.

Readded you again for old times sake.

http://imgur.com/RV3gV5v

I threw together some outfit colors.
Nice. I see you took some of the suggestions that were mentioned here.

A very unique selection of bright colors for Ayumi. I might put these in the OP if you don't mind.

Oddball

Smash Lord
By all means, feel free to use it. Anybody that wants to go in and edit or alter it, you can do that too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
By all means, feel free to use it. Anybody that wants to go in and edit or alter it, you can do that too.
Thanks.

The OP is now updated, also with some newer images to replace the ones broken from pre-Smash 4.

I feel I should probably add a point about her Super Mario Maker costume, though it would seem useless.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thanks.

The OP is now updated, also with some newer images to replace the ones broken from pre-Smash 4.

I feel I should probably add a point about her Super Mario Maker costume, though it would seem useless.
I say it's significant enough to be worth the mention. Especially since it's her first international appearance since Melee.

I love the new OP updates. Great job on those character alts Oddball Oddball . They all look colorful and fitting for her.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Coming in here to say that I'd love to see Ayumi playable, and that the moveset in the OP is really, really nice. Ayumi seems like she would be a very fun character to play as, not just for her Phoenix Wright-esque potential, but for the absurd concept of a completely ordinary high school girl somehow being able to stand her ground against characters who range from goddesses, legendary heroes, magical beasts, super-powered soldiers, aliens, etc. is just too awesome/hilarious to ignore.

And to show my support, I whipped up this SSB4-style character UI for her.

Ayumi-character-ui.png

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Coming in here to say that I'd love to see Ayumi playable, and that the moveset in the OP is really, really nice. Ayumi seems like she would be a very fun character to play as, not just for her Phoenix Wright-esque potential, but for the absurd concept of a completely ordinary high school girl somehow being able to stand her ground against characters who range from goddesses, legendary heroes, magical beasts, super-powered soldiers, aliens, etc. is just too awesome/hilarious to ignore.

And to show my support, I whipped up this SSB4-style character UI for her.

View attachment 131558
This is really nice. And sorry for the late reply.

Will certainly add you. Famicom Detective Club is a great game.

professorwho

Smash Rookie
Although the chances of this are as high as Sega making a new Sakura Wars game, I'm up for it.

I played the remake of FDC 2 after playing all of the Ace Attorney games and loved it.

With the increasing popularity of Visual Novels in the west, Nintendo could very well make a new game for Switch. Visual Novels on the Switch. That is the dream.

I support the list and character.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 have already seen this, but I figured that @Blue_Sword_Edge, @Kirbeh, smashkirby smashkirby , @Basty, @ZestyÑ, @TCT~Phantom, and AustarusIV AustarusIV would love to see this!

Ayumi Tachibana - A high-schooler who also runs her own private detective agency on the side. Recently, she has taken in a talking Pikachu wearing a detective's hat, and fully capable of speaking English. She dates Mike Jones, and often is trying to kiss him. Her cousin, Takamaru isn't quite approving of this relationship, and neither is her detective Pikachu partner, the only thing the two can agree on! She's been a fan of Law and Order on TV for a minute now! Love green tea as much as Takamaru.

More info can be found here... https://smashboards.com/threads/the-stories-of-new-tendo-city-social.451965/ ~ Afro

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 have already seen this, but I figured that @Blue_Sword_Edge, @Kirbeh, smashkirby smashkirby , @Basty, @ZestyÑ, @TCT~Phantom, and AustarusIV AustarusIV would love to see this!

Ayumi Tachibana - A high-schooler who also runs her own private detective agency on the side. Recently, she has taken in a talking Pikachu wearing a detective's hat, and fully capable of speaking English. She dates Mike Jones, and often is trying to kiss him. Her cousin, Takamaru isn't quite approving of this relationship, and neither is her detective Pikachu partner, the only thing the two can agree on! She's been a fan of Law and Order on TV for a minute now! Love green tea as much as Takamaru.

More info can be found here... https://smashboards.com/threads/the-stories-of-new-tendo-city-social.451965/ ~ Afro
Oooh! Interesting! I hope to see more!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My OTP is canon?

Also I support our gal Ayumi. Plz add me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know what? Add me. I'm up for this
I mean, she was already in the running for Melee, so might as well throw my hat in this ring too
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My OTP is canon?

Also I support our gal Ayumi. Plz add me.
I really like this idea! I would like to support her as well.
I want to support her too! She is the most interesting retro rep for me

I've been gone for a month and I have 5 new supporters already?

Alright, welcome to the Detective Club everyone.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Would love to play as Ayumi in Smash, she would be one of the most intresting retro characters. How about giving her a gimmick where she uses evidence to amplify some her moves based on what she finds, sort of like Phoneix Wright in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

TheXenobladeGuy

Smash Rookie
I guess? I can't really see her in over other visual novel characters *cough*Monokuma*cough* danganronpa has switch rumours*
Eh, I support it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uh, you might want to get a new image for the OP since it's broken Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan .
And fixed. The trophy render might as well work for now.

Shame that all images from Gonzales' fan Smash site breaks easily.

Would love to play as Ayumi in Smash, she would be one of the most intresting retro characters. How about giving her a gimmick where she uses evidence to amplify some her moves based on what she finds, sort of like Phoneix Wright in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
That's kind of what the Confidence Mechanic does in the OP's moveset. She starts off weak and visibly frightened with her moves from the beginning, but becomes more confident with her attacks from the evidence she plucks.

Either way, that's definitely the idea type of gimmick that not only works for her but at least cover the detective work done from Famicom Detective Club.

Sure it may take a lot of work, but it will be worth it to make her stand out as a fighter.

I guess? I can't really see her in over other visual novel characters *cough*Monokuma*cough* danganronpa has switch rumours*
Eh, I support it
I'd say the more the merrier. As long as we get games like Ace Attorney and Daganroppa, Nintendo just may realize that there is a market for visual novel games and revisit Famicom Detective Club. Though it's a matter of finding that right team for it.

~~I'll admit, Monokuma would be cool~~

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don'r forget Doki Doki Literature Club. Sure it's a PC only indie game, but that game grew popular and it's proof that many are willing to play visual novel type games in the modern market.

Now that I think of it

Some of the tamer horror elements would work well for Detective Famicom Club if they were to go darker or deal with the same tone from previous games.

Just without the jump scares and photorealism

TheXenobladeGuy

Smash Rookie
Nice! Move set ideas?

Here's mine

B-uses komarus gun to fire a soundwave (UDG)
Side B-similar to ikes, but stays in place and fires peko ahead (DR2
Up B-goes in the rocket from the first execution for recovery (DR1)
Down B-Keebo laser beam (DRV3)

Final smash:despair death game
Monokuma fires his gavel in a large shockwave. Anyone hit is put in a small room at 300 damage. The opponent can kill opponents but the KO/point will be treated as if Monokuma did it. If no one is KOed after 10 seconds, everyone loses a stock/point which all go to Monokuma

TheXenobladeGuy

Smash Rookie
Also while I'm here. How do you make a new post? I'm trying to make a Monokuma support thread and I can't seem to be able

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also while I'm here. How do you make a new post? I'm trying to make a Monokuma support thread and I can't seem to be able
For one thing, you can look at the existing OP's of other topics. You can go small like the on here, or go big like the larger ones here. At the top of the main forum, there should be a "Start New Topic" button for you to press and you can go from there.

Let me DM you a template to use since we can't be too off topic.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's that time of year, Detective Club. Smash is on the horizon.

But what would that mean for Miss Ayumi? Only time will tell. Considering what happened to Prince Sable, they could make her an Assist Trophy at best.

Or in a less likelier scenario, she could be proven more unique than other potential Famicom classics (most notably Takamaru and Mach Rider. Balloon Fighter is up in the air, no pun intended).

What I would realistically hope the most is a Famicom Detective Club medley in the same vein of the Murasame Castle Medley we had gotten in Smash 4. There are many good tracks from I and II that they could use, especially the credits theme.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would love for Ayumi to make it in Smash. She’d be a great pick for an out-of-nowhere, oddball character. How great would it be if she proved popular and the series was revived?

Let me dream k?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would love for Ayumi to make it in Smash. She’d be a great pick for an out-of-nowhere, oddball character. How great would it be if she proved popular and the series was revived?

Let me dream k?
Nothing wrong with a little dreaming there. We all would want that to happen.

Famicom Detective Club has ripe potential for another modern day remake or a new game in today's age since point n' click games (or VN's to be exact) are more popular thanks to series like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton.

And I would say she would make a hilarious Smash fighter. Adding you to the Detective Club.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Can i support your cause of putting Ayumi in smash?

Also, what if she was Smash 5's surprise secret retro character (IE. Duck Hunt, ROB, Mr. G&W)?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Also, what if she was Smash 5's surprise secret retro character (IE. Duck Hunt, ROB, Mr. G&W)?
She's got the benefit (?) of being both retro and WTF?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'll also support for her inclusion. After all, if Phoenix Wright can be given an ideal moveset for Marvel Vs Capcom, then the same can be applied for Ayumi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Two new supporters? This is fantastic. Welcome to the Detective Club.

She does feel like surprise unlockable to me. At least compared to other retros our there that isn't Diskun or Mini Kangaroo. So you could be on to something.

And of course you can. Even if she's very up in the air, I wouldn't mind any new members.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ayumi was almost in Smash 64. Apparently there was almost an Ayumi costume in Bayonetta. A lot of missed opportunities, Nintendo. D:

Anyway, I support Ayumi. She's retro, has a mysterious to foreigners appeal (think Marth before FE became popular in the West), and fits the unexpected character role all in one. The Famicom Detective Club has a pretty good soundtrack, too. Smash can definitely revive it. Ayumi has a lot of potential to be a fun/unique fighter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hate to be that guy, but care to supply a source for these claims?
She was never meant for Smash 64.

More or less she was considered for Melee, which was spoken in the same interview he admits Takamaru suffered the same problem as her (lack of Western familiarity).

That trophy you see was pretty what would had been her Classic Mode trophy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
She was never meant for Smash 64.

More or less she was considered for Melee, which was spoken in the same interview he admits Takamaru suffered the same problem as her (lack of Western familiarity).

That trophy you see was pretty what would had been her Classic Mode trophy.
Right, I'm familiar with this. What about the other claim?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Right, I'm familiar with this. What about the other claim?
I guess KitKat got confused since I don't recall any document ever talking about Ayumi being an addition for Smash 64.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I meant the Bayonetta one.
Oh that one? It was mentioned in a Platinum Games interview celebrating Bayonetta 2's first anniversary.

The idea was to have Bayonetta wear a Japanese schoolgirl outfit and shoot pixelated Japanese text. I guess they decide against it because well, Famicom Detective Club isn't that well known in the West. Plus possible localization issues with the Japanese text bullets.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/2...onetta-2-1st-anniversary-with-bayonetta-cake/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh that one? It was mentioned in a Platinum Games interview celebrating Bayonetta 2's first anniversary.

The idea was to have Bayonetta wear a Japanese schoolgirl outfit and shoot pixelated Japanese text. I guess they decide against it because well, Famicom Detective Club isn't that well known in the West. Plus possible localization issues with the Japanese text bullets.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/2...onetta-2-1st-anniversary-with-bayonetta-cake/
Don't forget the fact that because Bayonetta wears a schoolgirl uniform, it could be seen as generic and not a Nintendo reference at all for those unfamiliar with Ayumi.

So I can see why that costume didn't make the cut.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ayumi being considered so many times bodes well for her chances (long-term chances, most likely, but still). Shows Sakurai and the dev team remember her.

Top Bottom