• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That is disappointing news about Daisy's lack of appearance in Super Mario Maker.

It's official, Nintendo has serious issues....
I don't think it's Nintendo as a whole, or else they wouldn't produce things such as merchandise featuring Daisy, and so on. I believe it's more likely that this is that Miyamoto thing rearing its head again, as this same issue also mysteriously affects other series he created which others had popular input into, but which gets mysteriously blotted out later on.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I'm sorry. I have never felt so ****ing offended in my entire life.

First you don't put her in Melee , then you take away the little resemblance she has in brawl for a measly color swap, then you say there are too many Mario reps, and we shut up. We shut up because we don't want to push, and then you go add three characters into sm4sh? Excuse me, but I have been more than pissed off enough. We get no amiibo for her, no new art or not a single game besides a spin-off where we can enjoy her? We get nothing. And then you put in 7 different Marios and a wii fit board to be playable instead of her?

I'm tired. I'm legitimately tired of being spat at. I'm going to write a 10 page letter to Nintendo and to be honest I'm sick of seeing Daisy pushed aside. Nothing has ticked me off more than this.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

First you don't put her in Melee , then you take away the little resemblance she has in brawl for a measly color swap, then you say there are too many Mario reps, and we shut up. We shut up because we don't want to push, and then you go add three characters into sm4sh? Excuse me, but I have been more than pissed off enough. We get no amiibo for her, no new art or not a single game besides a spin-off where we can enjoy her? We get nothing. And then you put in 7 different Marios and a wii fit board to be playable instead of her?

I'm tired. I'm legitimately tired of being spat at. I'm going to write a 10 page letter to Nintendo and to be honest I'm sick of seeing Daisy pushed aside. Nothing has ticked me off more than this.
I feel the same as you, but as for the letter, don't bother I am pretty sure they, as always, will say that its up to the development team who gets in and who does not, the only reason I am THINKING of buying SMM is in honor of a certain CEO, but other than that I feel I have been ripped off, I certainly won't feel the same towards Nintendo in quite a while the same for all Daisy fans around the globe.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

This is troubling news, indeed...I just feel like that I have tension inside, waiting to burst...I also wanna co-sign that 10 page letter to Nintendo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You have my sympathy, I didn't get my Famicom R.O.B. despite other characters using japanese only stuff like Shulk's voice.

At least I got Grey R.O.B. and you guys got Pink Daisy.....

Its not really comparable is it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*Looks at the growing amount of visitors*

And I'm seriously hoping that not a single troll would appear to feed off of the negatively in this environment. The last thing we really need is another Ridley-esque controversy here. :rolleyes:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Now I am starting to see DLC speculation after the game's release on other sites, won't pay attention though, I am really tired of seeing my favorite character being pushed aside in favor of others.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That is disappointing news about Daisy's lack of appearance in Super Mario Maker.

I don't think it's Nintendo as a whole, or else they wouldn't produce things such as merchandise featuring Daisy, and so on. I believe it's more likely that this is that Miyamoto thing rearing its head again, as this same issue also mysteriously affects other series he created which others had popular input into, but which gets mysteriously blotted out later on.
Maybe, Krystal fan here.

Guys, you need to chill out. This doesn't mean that daisy will be ignored, hell she's in that new Mario and Sonic thing.

You supporters have my sympathy, I like the character more than rosalina and is my 2nd favorite after peach. I may not think she has smash moveset potential but hey you got my support for more acknowledgement.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, Krystal fan here.

Guys, you need to chill out. This doesn't mean that daisy will be ignored, hell she's in that new Mario and Sonic thing.

You supporters have my sympathy, I like the character more than rosalina and is my 2nd favorite after peach. I may not think she has smash moveset potential but hey you got my support for more acknowledgement.
I understand what you mean, but the fact that out of 100 characters she wasn't picked truly has to raise red flags.

They made slippy playable. SLIPPY.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Maybe, Krystal fan here.

We know, and thanks for the support, but what hurts is that all characters that are in and yet they couldn't spare a slot for Daisy? It's just not fair. And to make matters worse, morale is already dropping and pretty sure the fanboys are laughing at us right now.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I understand what you mean, but the fact that out of 100 characters she wasn't picked truly has to raise red flags.
Slippy is the OG member of the starfox team.

It would be an insult NOT to add him. (again this a krystal fan saying this).

Again, you guys need to chill. She will have exposure from M&S that will release, while my character probs wont have any at all, she is under Miya's mercy.

(and by the moveset, i mean something not sports related, it would be cool if she got a game like super princess peach, only you can play as daisy.)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I feel the same as you, but as for the letter, don't bother I am pretty sure they, as always, will say that its up to the development team who gets in and who does not, the only reason I am THINKING of buying SMM is in honor of a certain CEO, but other than that I feel I have been ripped off, I certainly won't feel the same towards Nintendo in quite a while the same for all Daisy fans around the globe.
If you don't tell them, they won't have any way to know. I know I've said it before, but they do take note of fan feedback and pass it on to the relevant departments (see here for more on how that got started). It is worthwhile, even if the particular representative who responds to you can't assist with much more than a thanks for your feedback.

Maybe, Krystal fan here.
Yeah, Krystal would appear to be another victim of the same thing, and perhaps the most ironic one, since it was Miyamoto himself who pressed for Krystal's game to be reworked into something else, thus bringing her into the Star Fox series...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Slippy is the OG member of the starfox team.

It would be an insult NOT to add him. (again this a krystal fan saying this).

Again, you guys need to chill. She will have exposure from M&S that will release, while my character probs wont have any at all, she is under Miya's mercy.

(and by the moveset, i mean something not sports related, it would be cool if she got a game like super princess peach, only you can play as daisy.)
But it isn't as significant as the 30th anniversary of Mario Bros, this clearly shows 2 things: 1 Super Mario Land is NOT a main series game(go figure) and 2 Nintendo doesn't want anything to do with Daisy in the main series.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah, Krystal would appear to be another victim of the same thing, and perhaps the most ironic one, since it was Miyamoto himself who pressed for Krystal's game to be reworked into something else, thus bringing her into the Star Fox series...
I'm hoping its just like DKC returns, like if they re-introduce her in the next game and give her some dignity and stuff, (kind like they did with dixie) but no one knows what that guy will do. I'm hoping sakurai does it for him lol.

But it isn't as significant as the 30th anniversary of Mario Bros, this clearly shows 2 things: 1 Super Mario Land is NOT a main series game(go figure) and 2 Nintendo doesn't want anything to do with Daisy in the main series.
i'm gonna say that they probably think she's a spinoff character, but you guys have DLC so there's hope for you guys.

Anyway i'm gonna head out, i didnt wanna de-rail the thread with my krystal stuff. Again, condolences and GL with your support, I too can sympathize with some the hate you guys get from gamefaqs of all places.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
And this is part of my motivation to become a game designer, to create a platformer specifically for Daisy. If Nintendo won't, then I will.

btw, thanks for your support. I know we're kinda down in the dumps right now, but thanks for understanding.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And this is part of my motivation to become a game designer, to create a platformer specifically for Daisy. If Nintendo won't, then I will.

btw, thanks for your support. I know we're kinda down in the dumps right now, but thanks for understanding.
Will anybody around here try to get an answer out of Nintendo? I tried a few times in the past but no luck. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan would it be too much if you changed the tittle to something like last month for the ballot? I know morale and support will be extremely slim but it's better than coming here and watch the depressing truth.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
A better example would be the fact that they made a Mahjong tile playable... :laugh:

I'm hoping its just like DKC returns, like if they re-introduce her in the next game and give her some dignity and stuff, (kind like they did with dixie) but no one knows what that guy will do. I'm hoping sakurai does it for him lol.
We can but hope! :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Will anybody around here try to get an answer out of Nintendo? I tried a few times in the past but no luck. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan would it be too much if you changed the tittle to something like last month for the ballot? I know morale and support will be extremely slim but it's better than coming here and watch the depressing truth.
Your wish is my command. I'm going to get my sleep for the night since I already know a certain Wolf fanboy would remind me of my worst gaming nightmare again (Ao Oni).

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Roy and Ryu aren't in it but both Lucas and Mewtwo are...think they'll do an update to add more?

Your wish is my command. I'm going to get my sleep for the night since I already know a certain Wolf fanboy would remind me of my worst gaming nightmare again (Ao Oni).
That was a funny yet creepy game

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I legitimately EDIT: wanted (lets roll out of bed and type a message in a foreign language!) a Koopa Troopa in Mario Maker.
Got mah wish.

I also was pleasantly surprised by seeing Chibi-Robo, Nikki and Arwing pop up.

Biggest pet peeve?
Five bloody Yoshi's.
THREE of which are green.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Who knows, but for me at least , I am not getting my hopes up, don't wanna have another big disappointment like this one.
I don't blame you. Im quite upset too. And after seeing Tom Nook's kids together as one character, I'm sad that Ice Climbers may not be getting one at all

I legitimately a Koopa Troopa in Mario Maker.
Got mah wish.
I think those are the Koopas from Mario Bros. which are called Shellcreepers.

It was odd to see Foreman Spike show up

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

"meh, maybe I would just prefer her without the dress."
I know I would. ;)

...sorry, I couldn't resist.

But for real, I actually really like her modern look as is, to be honest. Maybe that's the minority, maybe not. But I really think it is the best.

Though I find it kind of ironic how pale she is in comparison to Peach and normal humans. I noticed it the most in Sluggers.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't blame you. Im quite upset too. And after seeing Tom Nook's kids together as one character, I'm sad that Ice Climbers may not be getting one at all

I think those are the Koopas from Mario Bros. which are called Shellcreepers.

It was odd to see Foreman Spike show up
Yeah fine, but I wasn't wishing for Shellcreepers, but for Koopa Troopa's and I got their Brooklyn Bros.
Which is fine by me.

Pretty sad that was the most hype one (though if I wouldn't have known about Toon Link that would've be the one.)

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'm annoyed that they couldn't leave room for her but what I'm more annoyed at is the tons of recolors Mario and Yoshi got. Were they really necessary? You would think one per character would suffice.

I'm also a bit annoyed at the overwhelming amount of Animal Crossing characters. I didn't keep count but they seemed to have more or about the same amount of Mario characters.

They might make it up though with dlc but still I feel disappointed at it is right now, im

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Wow, she's a classic character and some...questionable things were selected over her. I must say, were the many GREEN Yoshi variants THAT necessary...? No FE characters besides the ones from Smash, a whole bunch of Animal Crossing characters (with 2 Isabelle variants) a Wii Fit Balance Board and a mahjong piece...I do hope there's some DLC coming.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Aw man... I'm really sorry about this, guys. As a Sceptile supporter, I know exactly how it feels to have your favorite character constantly neglected. However, I don't think you should stop voting for Daisy. I mean, Wolf isn't in Super Mario Maker either, and yet he's one of the most popular characters requested in the ballot. Even the KOOPALINGS aren't in Super Mario Maker, which I find weird considering Nintendo has been pushing them a lot lately.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Even as a huge Yoshi fan, I feel having Daisy over even a second Yoshi should of been a priority here.

A mahjong piece and the Wii Fit Board got into a Mario platformer over Daisy. This is literally the most bananas choice that could have happened here. I can't believe we can say that a trampoline is playable in a Mario platformer before Princess Daisy. Seriously; what?

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Yo, just wanna say sorry for y'all. Having the Board and a tile in, that must really suck. Hell, that's a bad choice even in my head. However, you guys shouldn't give up yet. This thread has really bumped in relevance recently, so if anything, you're gaining more supporters every day, and the more voices there are, the more chances Daisy may be added. So I wish y'all luck. :4pacman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Daisy is confirmed to not be in Mario Maker? Ugh. What are you doing, Nintendo. The string of questionable decisions since E3 this year just keeps piling up. Are they even listening? :urg:

Slippy is a fan-favourite in Japan.

I saw something that's almost certainly meaningless, but which is nonetheless a bit of a shame.

Nintendo UK recently updated some parts of their website, including this one, and I couldn't help but notice that the cast banner at the top of the page omits both Daisy and Wario, even though it includes Waluigi.

Waa is certainly getting a lot of low-profile attention as of late. Heh.... I wonder if they have plans to flesh him out.

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Damn. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but all 100 Mario costumes have been revealed. But Daisy isn't playable.
I don't understand.....

This was her GOLDEN opportunity to finally have her own makeshift adventure.

Waluigi, the Goomba, Digby, Isabelle, Sonic and the MAHJONG tile all managed to make the cut.

Is it because Nintendo hate Super Mario Land? (Overalls Wario didn't make it either).

Or is it because Miyamoto specifically requested AGAINST her inclusion?

Now I know how the Birdo fans feel when she was cut from the HD era.

:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't understand.....

This was her GOLDEN opportunity to finally have her own makeshift adventure.

Waluigi, the Goomba, Digby, Isabelle, Sonic and the MAHJONG tile all managed to make the cut.

Is it because Nintendo hate Super Mario Land? (Overalls Wario didn't make it either).

Or is it because Miyamoto specifically requested AGAINST her inclusion?

:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Or Bowser Jr. fans who play MK8.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Or Bowser Jr. fans who play MK8.
Even the Koopalings are nowhere to be seen in this game!

Sigh....the Daisy fans had to face an uphill battle ever since "HI I'M DAISY" was a meme....

When people said the Mario Kart 8 roster was terrible, now I understand. Having your favourite Mario character not make the cut in favour of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach must really sting! Same with Wolf being cut in SSB4....in favour of DARK PIT.

Now that I say this, Dark Pit is playable in a mainline game before Daisy is!

Can't help but feel sorry for ya' Daisy

More relevant than ever.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
It's been a while since I've posted here now, but I'm constantly lurking. I'm a much much bigger fan of her current design, but I still like her old one too. It's nice to see for a change, but I prefer the new one.

Yeah Hi, that's me, reporting in. It's something you just get used to (but you never get over) Occasionally she gets a new appearance in like.... golf, but her exclusion in recent games like Mario Kart 7 AND 8 as well as smash Mario Party (which has been the only game she was consistently appearing in lately) is really infuriating. So I have a lot more tolerance as a Daisy fan, since she still at least gets included in like all the spin offs.

Even the KOOPALINGS aren't in Super Mario Maker, which I find weird considering Nintendo has been pushing them a lot lately.
That part was actually really weird? Anyway, I'm not too disappointed about this whole fiasco since It's really what I expected. I knew Nintendo were focusing on including totally random, wacky and just "out there" costumes, and that because of this they'd either miss or not bother including some really obvious choices. Yes, of course this would have been really great to have Daisy in and it super sucks that we can't play as her in it. But that's all we should take from it. It's not like they included mahjong tile and
spring to build hype for their upcoming mainline games or anything? This doesn't say a lot about Nintendo's stand on Daisy other than it hasn't really changed at all.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Warning Received
It's been a while since I've posted here now, but I'm constantly lurking. I'm a much much bigger fan of her current design, but I still like her old one too. It's nice to see for a change, but I prefer the new one.

Yeah Hi, that's me, reporting in. It's something you just get used to (but you never get over) Occasionally she gets a new appearance in like.... golf, but her exclusion in recent games like Mario Kart 7 AND 8 as well as smash Mario Party (which has been the only game she was consistently appearing in lately) is really infuriating. So I have a lot more tolerance as a Daisy fan, since she still at least gets included in like all the spin offs.

That part was actually really weird? Anyway, I'm not too disappointed about this whole fiasco since It's really what I expected. I knew Nintendo were focusing on including totally random, wacky and just "out there" costumes, and that because of this they'd either miss or not bother including some really obvious choices. Yes, of course this would have been really great to have Daisy in and it super sucks that we can't play as her in it. But that's all we should take from it. It's not like they included mahjong tile and
spring to build hype for their upcoming mainline games or anything? This doesn't say a lot about Nintendo's stand on Daisy other than it hasn't really changed at all.
This is still really concerning though.

100 costumes got in and Daisy wasn't even considered.

This is troubling news, indeed...I just feel like that I have tension inside, waiting to burst...I also wanna co-sign that 10 page letter to Nintendo.
I'll sign that letter too.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
So Daisy isn't in the Super Mario Maker ...

I find it shameful, disgusting. Nintendo is bordering on disgust me.
That's listening to the fans?

I'm sick of hearing: Daisy wasn't even considered. But it is the truth.

Simply, I will vote a little more for Daisy. I hope that someday Daisy will be considered a good character.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well neiter Krystal or Wolf got in Mario Maker either so it's not just a Daisy thing.

There are talks of the game updating with more costumes so we could get lucky.

Top Bottom