• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
King K. Rool, no contest. It would be too long of a story to even explain why his support his huge since it dates back to pre-Melee. The fact that Donkey Kong Country representation in Smash Wii U (Over 9000 Jungle Hijinx remixes and no Aquatic Ambiance?) is mediocre doesn't help.
On that topic, I would be VERY surprised if one of the DLC characters wasn't either K. Rool or Dixie Kong.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I always thought the lack of DK representation was because it was a Mario sub-series
I disagree. Both Donkey Kong and Mario have been around for an equal amount of time. While Yoshi and Wario are subseries, the Donkey Kong series is its own in Smash (and techinically I consider Wario and Yoshi as their own in Smash too).

I believe K. Rool and Dixie need the justice to be put in. Both of them. However if it came to it, K. Rool has my vote

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. Both Donkey Kong and Mario have been around for an equal amount of time. While Yoshi and Wario are subseries, the Donkey Kong series is its own in Smash (and techinically I consider Wario and Yoshi as their own in Smash too).

I believe K. Rool and Dixie need the justice to be put in. Both of them. However if it came to it, K. Rool has my vote
I completely agree friend.

Tht poll news on Tumbler is very exciting! It gives me glimmers of hope! Even on the roll here on Smashboards, many of the characters ahead of Daisy are 3rd party which are always iffy.

I'd love Daisy, K. Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Krystal, toon Zelda or Tetra and Impa or Ganon too

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Well Donkey Kong and Diddy have been appearing in various Mario spin-offs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what the Japanese boards are like. I know there's some daisy support over there but where do they stand on DK?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Inb4 Chrom is revealed at the Fire Emblrm concert as the 6th Fire Emblem rep.

Words can't describe the salt in the comment section or any other community talking about it. Even the guy who made the poll had to outright tell them it was unofficial and he announced that he'll stay off the Internet for a while since his followers are a bunch of whiny children. :rolleyes:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
So I was searching on Japanese forums to see whether there was Daisy support out there or not... Turns out there is. she's frequently mentioned in the DLC wish lists.

It's not groundbreaking but informs a poll where Daisy was in place 7.

Daisy's name looks like デイジー in Japanese

Attachments

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So I was searching on Japanese forums to see whether there was Daisy support out there or not... Turns out there is. she's frequently mentioned in the DLC wish lists.

Not groundbreaking?! Dude this is far better than here where all we see on top 10 are "muh K.Rool and Isaac", shows that in Japan they are tired of the situation as we are, Go Daisy!!
RULES OF NATURE!!!!! Sorry had to do that XD.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do my eyes deceive me, several Gamefaqs users finally realize that the DaIsy hatred is unjustified and it's more so about the bandwagoners hating us because of Micheallol? This is honestly one of the more shocking topics I've seen on that site and it's about time some people realize that the hatred there is exaggerated because of one person.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72036984?page=4

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Not groundbreaking?! Dude this is far better than here where all we see on top 10 are "muh K.Rool and Isaac", shows that in Japan they are tired of the situation as we are, Go Daisy!!
RULES OF NATURE!!!!! Sorry had to do that XD.
But the sample size is very small...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Do my eyes deceive me, several Gamefaqs users finally realize that the DaIsy hatred is unjustified and it's more so about the bandwagoners hating us because of Micheallol? This is honestly one of the more shocking topics I've seen on that site and it's about time some people realize that the hatred there is exaggerated because of one person.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72036984?page=4
The hate is still there but they are finally realizing that we are fans are not bad, it's that good for nothing scoundrel of loll who has been giving us a bad name over there all this time.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

We can thank Skull567890 for all his hard work :awesome:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We can thank Skull567890 for all his hard work :awesome:
Yes we can since he's one of the more mature users of that community and pretty much exposed all the haters for what they did. If only he was a Smashboards user then I would have gladly gave him that well deserved promotion.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yes we can since he's one of the more mature users of that community and pretty much exposed all the haters for what they did. If only he was a Smashboards user then I would have gladly gave him that well deserved promotion.
Good to see there are still sane people in this world.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because I couldn't resist having the proper title for this shimmer of hope, I've changed it to reflect the current situation. If any Gamefaqs user were to take a look at this, they would be laughing their butts off like the immature users they are. :laugh:

NNID
Samyatang
On every Daisy topic that I read concerning Daisy being in SSB4, why do they keep saying that she has no moveset potential?

I thought that argument was no longer valid, due to the fact that we have a Famicom and a dog and a duck playable. -.-

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

What are the other names on that list?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On every Daisy topic that I read concerning Daisy being in SSB4, why do they keep saying that she has no moveset potential?

I thought that argument was no longer valid, due to the fact that we have a Famicom and a dog and a duck playable. -.-
Because they think that half of the spinoffs moves she do can easily be done by any other Mario character in the roster. That may be true when it comes to things like Mario Party and sports tools, but it isn't when it comes to the more unique skills she have like Flower Swing and such. Think about it, would it look right for Bowser to do Crystal Smash or Luigi changing outfits in a poof of flowers?

And yes, the argument in general is completely invalid with those two plus one more important character that nobody expected.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Because they think that half of the spinoffs moves she do can easily be done by any other Mario character in the roster. That may be true when it comes to things like Mario Party and sports tools, but it isn't when it comes to the more unique skills she have like Flower Swing and such. Think about it, would it look right for Bowser to do Crystal Smash or Luigi changing outfits in a poof of flowers?

And yes, the argument in general is completely invalid with those two plus one more important character that nobody expected.

Returning to the disappointment that was this year's E3, I am playing plenty of Mario spin-offs to forget it ever happened, like London 2012, one of my favorite events is synchronized swimming, my team consists of Luigi, Daisy, Peach and Mario, and no I don't pick any of the girls in this game just because of how they look in swimming gear(although there are people who do it, but I personally don't pick a female character just because of how she looks in a swim suit, I am not a big perv XD.).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Haters don't give time to get to know what a character they do not want can do, they only focus on the ones they like.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

They've closed minds, anyway; don't listen to 'em. I'm pretty sure Sakurai could give a rock a move set, let alone, Fox, C. Falcon, Villager, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, that poll is good news! I really hope Daisy somehow makes it in.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I Don't know about you guys but i found this really cute comic. From what I can get Daisy notices how many fighters use other creatures to fight, so she is on a quest to look for a companion.

50864242_p0_master1200.jpg
50864242_p1_master1200.jpg
50864242_p2_master1200.jpg

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Here's the rest, since mobile won't let me attach more than three files...
50864242_p3_master1200.jpg
50864242_p4_master1200.jpg

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I Don't know about you guys but i found this really cute comic. From what I can get Daisy notices how many fighters use other creatures to fight, so she is on a quest to look for a companion.

View attachment 58087 View attachment 58088 View attachment 58089
View attachment 58095 View attachment 58093
I was just about to bring up what kind of "minions" Daisy would have. You know, like the Toads or the Luma, but flower-based. Maybe like the People of the Sky from Kirby Triple Deluxe?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
View attachment 58095 View attachment 58093
You know, I can imagine the first part of that scenario being similar if she even think about meeting a Lovely from Kirby.

Those things were pure evil in Kirby Super Star, especially the one that Whispy Woods liked in the anime (Kirby Right Back at Ya!).

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
So I've been digging in the mud. Really hard. You know, looking for those "diamond in the mud" pieces of fanart for our daisy campaign..

I was disappointed. I found more Daisy the duck fanart with a princess dress than our beloved girl. Anyways, here's the few gemstones I found while drowning in mud and duck feathers.

I looked for kind of fan service-ish or just plain awesome.

47113158_p0.jpg

This one is great. She looks like she's having a blast (as usual)

44759236_p0_master1200.jpg

Can you smell the fanservice?

21299613_480mw_p2.jpg

Oh this is one of my favorites.. truly gorgeous. I would like to propose the use of this image as an act of peace to Waluigi fans maybe? Since both of our characters are almost riding the same boat, I suppose..

I'll post a few more images in a bit, bear with my slow phone.

EDIT: WHILE I WAS LOOKING FOR DAISY I STUMBLED UPON WAH PICS AND GOD THEY MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE HOTSTUFF

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So I've been digging in the mud. Really hard. You know, looking for those "diamond in the mud" pieces of fanart for our daisy campaign..

I was disappointed. I found more Daisy the duck fanart with a princess dress than our beloved girl. Anyways, here's the few gemstones I found while drowning in mud and duck feathers.

I looked for kind of fan service-ish or just plain awesome.

View attachment 58101
This one is great. She looks like she's having a blast (as usual)

View attachment 58102

Can you smell the fanservice?

View attachment 58103
Oh this is one of my favorites.. truly gorgeous. I would like to propose the use of this image as an act of peace to Waluigi fans maybe? Since both of our characters are almost riding the same boat, I suppose..

I'll post a few more images in a bit, bear with my slow phone.

EDIT: WHILE I WAS LOOKING FOR DAISY I STUMBLED UPON WAH PICS AND GOD THEY MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE HOTSTUFF
Second pic, that f*cking face. Saved. I'm a sucker for cute *ss, doll shaped faces... Thanks for sharing, although the 3rd one didn't load for me.

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Guys it is 4:40 AM get a life. Just kidding there's time zones i know.

26297985_480mw_p0.jpg

I like her face here she looks determined. #DeterminatedToGetThoseVotesThatsWhatM8

46348290_p0_master1200.jpg

You might've seen this one floating around out there but I think it's great for the people who prefer Daisy in her dress or something, since the design is different from Peach's and she looks cute and sassy as always.

Now here comes my personal favorite, I would like to request @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan / or really someone who can edit and they wanna / to edit this with the captions something like "Here comes the queen of Smash" or something along those lines, also this edit has to be really polished because I feel like it gives her a rightful spotlight.

41575855_p0_master1200.jpg

This edit has to be amazing, because I'll post the **** out of it (I'm serious) and I'll use it a lot until we get our picture of Daisy from smashified :troll:

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Guys it is 4:40 AM get a life. Just kidding there's time zones i know.

View attachment 58106
I like her face here she looks determined. #DeterminatedToGetThoseVotesThatsWhatM8

View attachment 58107
You might've seen this one floating around out there but I think it's great for the people who prefer Daisy in her dress or something, since the design is different from Peach's and she looks cute and sassy as always.

Now here comes my personal favorite, I would like to request @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan / or really someone who can edit and they wanna / to edit this with the captions something like "Here comes the queen of Smash" or something along those lines, also this edit has to be really polished because I feel like it gives her a rightful spotlight.

View attachment 58108

This edit has to be amazing, because I'll post the **** out of it (I'm serious) and I'll use it a lot until we get our picture of Daisy from smashified :troll:
Tumblr, Pixiv and DeviantArt is infested with good Daisy fan art.(but of portion of it is of her and Luigi in Dev.).

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Might as well join in on the fun! I've created a silhouette out of an official picture.
Daisy Silholette.jpg

Edit: And with that, I'm off to work, now.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I can imagine the first part of that scenario being similar if she even think about meeting a Lovely from Kirby.

Those things were pure evil in Kirby Super Star, especially the one that Whispy Woods liked in the anime (Kirby Right Back at Ya!).
Well, in the anime, Dedede sent Lovely to Nightmare to turn her into a monster that could seduce Whispy and then steal his life force, so that way Dedede could make his royal golf course without any interference form him.

Top Bottom