• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Can't believe I never shared this here. I made a reveal trailer for Daisy a long time ago! Tell me what you think. I support her and will vote for her once I use someone else's computer!

Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Rosalina and Luma are seen inside Princess Peach's castle. There are decorative banners spelling out "Congratulations!". The three males are gathered around Rosalina and Luma, engaging in conversation and congratulating her about being a newcomer into the world of Smash. Peach is then heard calling Mario's name and all 5 characters look ahead of them. They turn to see Peach carrying a big light blue cake in honor of Rosalina's Smash Bros debut. As Peach is walking to set the cake on the table, Bowser is seen rubbing his hands together and licking his "lips" while Luigi stares in aw at the cake.

Peach sets the cake down and gives the knife to Rosalina so that she can cut the first slice. The camera shows all 6 Mario character eagerly waiting their slice of cake. As Rosalina is about to slice up a piece of cake, the wall behind them suddenly explodes and the 6 characters are shown flying from the impact. The camera shows Rosalina covered in cake and trying to recover from the blast. As she looks up she sees a silhouetted figure standing before her from the light that has been made by the hole in the wall.

The camera zooms into the figure's hand curled up into a fist. As they open up their hand a small crack is heard and the hand is seen dropping small, crystal-like pieces upon opening. Very quickly, the figure is seen wearing a glove with three rings on it. A crystal ring on the index finger, a flower ring on the middle finger, and a ring in the shape of a thorn on the ring finger. As the light from the hole dims down, the camera follows the figure's hand as they are seen brushing their orange-brown hair and as it does that we can see a glimpse of a crown. Finally the camera zooms away, showing none other than...

Daisy
Introduces Herself

The camera zooms back to a surprised Rosalina for a second. While the camera is on her the viewer can hear "Hi," and then the camera is put back on a Daisy with a wicked smile, "I'm Daisy".

The gameplay starts, showing Daisy on top of the old Peach's Castle stage zoomed in really close to the bottom of her dress as it pans to her upper body and head. She then taunts to the camera saying "Hi, I'm Daisy!" with both of her hands waving to the camera.

On Battlefield, the viewer starts to witness Daisy's gameplay as she and Peach go dashing to each other, Daisy going significantly faster than Peach. We see what appears to be her dash attack as she brings both legs up and drop kicks the blonde Princess. Daisy then quickly gets up from the drop kick and charges up. She doesn't have the yellow charge animation so the viewer knows it is not a smash attack. Once Daisy is done charging, the camera shows that her hands have now been crystalized.

Daisy is now seen on the Pilot Wing's stage fighting Little Mac. The boxer tries to strike the tomboy princess but she dodges and is shown using what looks like the Crystal Smash from Mario Strikers Charged. This launches Mac above her, which Daisy jumps and is seen charging again. Now instead of crystals, her hands have been covered in flowers that appear to take the shape of pompoms. Daisy throws a barrage of three hits above her to hit Mac, the first two looking like hook punches and then uses both arms to push Mac out of the stage.

Daisy is then shown running away from Bowser and Dedede in the boxing ring stage. As Daisy jumps in the ring, she is seen charging yet again. Her hands now pointy with huge thorns sticking out. She turns to the two Kings who are running after her. Daisy places her hands on her hips as she stomps her foot on the ground, which simultaneously creates a giant thorn vine to sprout from the ground and send both kings flying to the air.

Daisy is then shown in the Animal Crossing stage fighting along side Samus as the two take on Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda. Samus fires her missle as Daisy is seen with her flower pompoms creating a giant flower shuriken-like object which hits Wii Fit Trainer multiple times and boots her out of the stage. Very briefly, Daisy is no longer seen with the flower pompoms.

In the Mario Galaxy stage, Daisy is seen spiking Luma into the ground, meteor strike style, and it lands right next to Rosalina. As the Luma poofs away, Rosalina runs in the opposite direction as Daisy chases after her.

The camera then cuts to Luigi crouching in the garden of hope. As he looks around in his idle crouch, Daisy comes from above him, looks at him and grabs the cowardly plumber.

The final bit of gameplay shows Daisy grabbing the Smash Ball with Rosalina and Peach on the screen. As the two blondes try to disarm Daisy of the Smash Ball, the camera zooms into grabbing her head in pain as she turns around and drops to her knees. The back of her head is facing Peach and Rosalina & Luma, when all of a sudden a flash is scene from the back of Daisy's head and a large beam exists from the back of it, taking Peach and Rosalina as the title of the game appears on the screen.

Once the credits are over, Daisy can be seen grabbing a piece of cake and eating it as she turns around to see her unconscious "friends", chuckles, and walks right out from the hole that she made.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Can't believe I never shared this here. I made a reveal trailer for Daisy a long time ago! Tell me what you think. I support her and will vote for her once I use someone else's computer!

Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Rosalina and Luma are seen inside Princess Peach's castle. There are decorative banners spelling out "Congratulations!". The three males are gathered around Rosalina and Luma, engaging in conversation and congratulating her about being a newcomer into the world of Smash. Peach is then heard calling Mario's name and all 5 characters look ahead of them. They turn to see Peach carrying a big light blue cake in honor of Rosalina's Smash Bros debut. As Peach is walking to set the cake on the table, Bowser is seen rubbing his hands together and licking his "lips" while Luigi stares in aw at the cake.

Peach sets the cake down and gives the knife to Rosalina so that she can cut the first slice. The camera shows all 6 Mario character eagerly waiting their slice of cake. As Rosalina is about to slice up a piece of cake, the wall behind them suddenly explodes and the 6 characters are shown flying from the impact. The camera shows Rosalina covered in cake and trying to recover from the blast. As she looks up she sees a silhouetted figure standing before her from the light that has been made by the hole in the wall.

The camera zooms into the figure's hand curled up into a fist. As they open up their hand a small crack is heard and the hand is seen dropping small, crystal-like pieces upon opening. Very quickly, the figure is seen wearing a glove with three rings on it. A crystal ring on the index finger, a flower ring on the middle finger, and a ring in the shape of a thorn on the ring finger. As the light from the hole dims down, the camera follows the figure's hand as they are seen brushing their orange-brown hair and as it does that we can see a glimpse of a crown. Finally the camera zooms away, showing none other than...

Daisy
Introduces Herself

The camera zooms back to a surprised Rosalina for a second. While the camera is on her the viewer can hear "Hi," and then the camera is put back on a Daisy with a wicked smile, "I'm Daisy".

The gameplay starts, showing Daisy on top of the old Peach's Castle stage zoomed in really close to the bottom of her dress as it pans to her upper body and head. She then taunts to the camera saying "Hi, I'm Daisy!" with both of her hands waving to the camera.

On Battlefield, the viewer starts to witness Daisy's gameplay as she and Peach go dashing to each other, Daisy going significantly faster than Peach. We see what appears to be her dash attack as she brings both legs up and drop kicks the blonde Princess. Daisy then quickly gets up from the drop kick and charges up. She doesn't have the yellow charge animation so the viewer knows it is not a smash attack. Once Daisy is done charging, the camera shows that her hands have now been crystalized.

Daisy is now seen on the Pilot Wing's stage fighting Little Mac. The boxer tries to strike the tomboy princess but she dodges and is shown using what looks like the Crystal Smash from Mario Strikers Charged. This launches Mac above her, which Daisy jumps and is seen charging again. Now instead of crystals, her hands have been covered in flowers that appear to take the shape of pompoms. Daisy throws a barrage of three hits above her to hit Mac, the first two looking like hook punches and then uses both arms to push Mac out of the stage.

Daisy is then shown running away from Bowser and Dedede in the boxing ring stage. As Daisy jumps in the ring, she is seen charging yet again. Her hands now pointy with huge thorns sticking out. She turns to the two Kings who are running after her. Daisy places her hands on her hips as she stomps her foot on the ground, which simultaneously creates a giant thorn vine to sprout from the ground and send both kings flying to the air.

Daisy is then shown in the Animal Crossing stage fighting along side Samus as the two take on Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda. Samus fires her missle as Daisy is seen with her flower pompoms creating a giant flower shuriken-like object which hits Wii Fit Trainer multiple times and boots her out of the stage. Very briefly, Daisy is no longer seen with the flower pompoms.

In the Mario Galaxy stage, Daisy is seen spiking Luma into the ground, meteor strike style, and it lands right next to Rosalina. As the Luma poofs away, Rosalina runs in the opposite direction as Daisy chases after her.

The camera then cuts to Luigi crouching in the garden of hope. As he looks around in his idle crouch, Daisy comes from above him, looks at him and grabs the cowardly plumber.

The final bit of gameplay shows Daisy grabbing the Smash Ball with Rosalina and Peach on the screen. As the two blondes try to disarm Daisy of the Smash Ball, the camera zooms into grabbing her head in pain as she turns around and drops to her knees. The back of her head is facing Peach and Rosalina & Luma, when all of a sudden a flash is scene from the back of Daisy's head and a large beam exists from the back of it, taking Peach and Rosalina as the title of the game appears on the screen.

Once the credits are over, Daisy can be seen grabbing a piece of cake and eating it as she turns around to see her unconscious "friends", chuckles, and walks right out from the hole that she made.
Is that final smash referencing her third eye in Melee? LOL, good stuff

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Just popping in to say I voted for Daisy six times on the website.

Since this is a Nintendo is willingly listening now, now is the best time to be persistent. Daisy has been long overdue to be playable in Smash.

Besides, who wouldn't want to play a character that can make a crystal gauntlet!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Since this is a Nintendo is willingly listening now, now is the best time to be persistent. Daisy has been long overdue to be playable in Smash.

Besides, who wouldn't want to play a character that can make a crystal gauntlet!
6 times?? Lol I voted for her for about 40 times and still counting.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Unless you have 40 computers I don't think that'd work. I'm pretty sure Nintendo is tracking IP to know if it's coming from the same computer.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It's good that Daisy support is exploding thanks to the recent announcement of voting for DLC. It literally shows how underappreciated the character was due to her career in spinoff roles and Rosalina's inclusion over her. It's just one of these things that makes me wonder if this will be The Year of Daisy if it turned out to be a success.

I'll add you to the support list later.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Voted for Daisy as well. Trying to convince my bro's to vote for her too. Been waiting for a chance like this since Melee for her.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It's good that Daisy support is exploding thanks to the recent announcement of voting for DLC. It literally shows how underappreciated the character was due to her career in spinoff roles and Rosalina's inclusion over her. It's just one of these things that makes me wonder if this will be The Year of Daisy if it turned out to be a success.

I'll add you to the support list later.
add me too :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Someone should make a cool Daisy signature image to support the start of the year of Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Someone should make a cool Daisy signature image to support the start of the year of Daisy.
I'm pretty sure that @ N3ON N3ON could help with that since she's great with making signature images. I hope she wouldn't mind us asking her to do so. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Year of Daisy? Uh, yeah... good luck with that. :upsidedown:

There's already a Daisy icon though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Year of Daisy? Uh, yeah... good luck with that. :upsidedown:

There's already a Daisy icon though.
This can work and it looks as lovely as the rest of your work. Time to change my signature!

You do have a point, we shouldn't be like the Star Fox fans and say "Year of X" just because of false hope for DLC. I heard that Geno's explosive fanbase from the Brawl days is already back if YouTube is anything to go by. :urg:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I really want her in.. do you guys think Wolf will make it in before her?!

Also I wonder if they'll have Diana Mustard record new voices for her or if they'll reuse her voices from previous Mario games. Either way, I'd love it.

Did you guys notice that half of Rosalina's Smash 4 voices are reused from Mario Kart 7

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Also I wonder if they'll have Diana Mustard record new voices for her or if they'll reuse her voices from previous Mario games. Either way, I'd love it.

Did you guys notice that half of Rosalina's Smash 4 voices are reused from Mario Kart 7
Wolf will most likely have the priority since his model was essentially made from Fox (like Falco), which is why I think we'll get him before any DLC newcomer.

Maybe to speed up the development process, they would put effort in reusing voice clips from other games for half of her attacks (Including the infamous "Hi I'm Daisy!"). I'd imagine some new Deanna recorded lines for her reveal trailer and victory screen animations.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm guessing will get Wolf in September, and the newcomer after him (who I think will be Daisy) will be released in maybe November or December. It'll be a long wait but it will so be worth it

D

Deleted member

I could see why they reused her voice clips. Why make new voice clips if all Rosa's gonna say is "MMHMMMM" "OOOOOOOOH" "AHHHHHHHHH"

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'd honestly love if Daisy had their Mario Kart Double Dash voices in Smash. Those were perhaps her bet voices from any game.

I especially want her catchy "YAY-HAA!" to be used. Maybe in her Final Smash

Invader ZIM

Smash Rookie
EEEEEEEE saw the Direct yesterday and voted immediately. Then I remembered this thread. I was scared this thread would be buried by now, but I'm ecstatic to see it made its way to the front page! The support for her is way stronger than I imagined!

And I always imagined her joining up in her Strikers Charged outfit and handling similarly to Zero Suit Samus. Without the guns and whips, though - just the acrobatics and stuff lol.

I'm gonna vote on every device I have, and every machine in every computer lab at my school, and the rest of the devices I have at home when I get there! DAISY MUST GET IN! :o

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
EEEEEEEE saw the Direct yesterday and voted immediately. Then I remembered this thread. I was scared this thread would be buried by now, but I'm ecstatic to see it made its way to the front page! The support for her is way stronger than I imagined!

And I always imagined her joining up in her Strikers Charged outfit and handling similarly to Zero Suit Samus. Without the guns and whips, though - just the acrobatics and stuff lol.

I'm gonna vote on every device I have, and every machine in every computer lab at my school, and the rest of the devices I have at home when I get there! DAISY MUST GET IN! :o
Honestly, the chances of this thread being buried was low since there were plenty of Daisy supporters ready to make their next move and tell me about how they really wanted her to be in. Perhaps this could be one of the best, if not, only chance that she could be in Smash as long as she doesn't struggle with other Mario related competition (Namely Geno and Captain Toad).

Seeing her as a counterpart to Zero Suit Samus made me laugh since that's what I thought at first. Then Daisy x Samus would be the next new yuri OTP. :laugh:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I highly doubt Geno will get in due to appearing in only one game, but Daisy is definitely competing with Paper Mario and Toad.

Honestly I really don't want Paper Mario OR Toad. Paper Mario may have unique moves and a new motif, but he's still Mario. We already have 2 Marios and bringing another Mario in (new move set or not) will not make it seem fresh..

To me, Toad is cute but not really cool. I'd rather see Daisy fighting in Smash than him. He just isn't really all that cool to me for me to want him in Smash. and besides, Toad already gets enough love as it is so I'm sure him not being playable wouldn't be that big of a deal. and doesn't Peach's B move put Toad out of the question??

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I could see why they reused her voice clips. Why make new voice clips if all Rosa's gonna say is "MMHMMMM" "OOOOOOOOH" "AHHHHHHHHH"
don't forget "look" she tells me that all the time in mario galaxy

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
don't forget "look" she tells me that all the time in mario galaxy
I see what you did there you sneaky weasel. :troll:

I highly doubt Geno will get in due to appearing in only one game, but Daisy is definitely competing with Paper Mario and Toad.

Honestly I really don't want Paper Mario OR Toad. Paper Mario may have unique moves and a new motif, but he's still Mario. We already have 2 Marios and bringing another Mario in (new move set or not) will not make it seem fresh..

To me, Toad is cute but not really cool. I'd rather see Daisy fighting in Smash than him. He just isn't really all that cool to me for me to want him in Smash. and besides, Toad already gets enough love as it is so I'm sure him not being playable wouldn't be that big of a deal. and doesn't Peach's B move put Toad out of the question??
You forgot there's Captain Toad who is a completely different character and starred in his own title. As a reminder, the regular Toad being deconfirmed means squat since his fans will do anything to get a playable Toad in Snash (Which is where Captain Toad comes into play). Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker is a faily popular spinoff and Wii U title from what I've seen.

I've not saying this goes against our Daisy support in any way, but I'm letting you know that Captain Toad's support is still a major threat that she's up against.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, until October, I still have time to vote for Daisy. I will surely do it, although I trust already many people to vote for her (especially the japanese. I've heard that she is quite requested there).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Well, until October, I still have time to vote for Daisy. I will surely do it, although I trust already many people to vote for her (especially the japanese. I've heard that she is quite requested there).
i wonder if she is any different in Japan. both voice actor (obviously not the same I'm talking about tone) and personality wise

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
i wonder if she is any different in Japan. both voice actor (obviously not the same I'm talking about tone) and personality wise
I'm pretty sure the portrayals for most Mario characters are the same internationally since there's usually little to do with them besides translating the dialogue and the fact that the characters normally spout English (Or Italian for the Mario Bros.) phrases. The only exception that I can think of is when Luigi and Wario said "Oh my God!" in the Japanese version of the first Mario Party (Though this was censured in the Western copies of the game for obvious reasons).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe it's because they would rather have "muh Geno" or the more deserving Captain Toad. Then there's the crowd that thinks that there are far too many Mario characters in the roster. :troll:

Anyways, it appears that someone is advertising for the idea on YouTube, though that person had chosen the wrong type of music to go with it.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
So, um, do we know what fighter we want Daisy to be? I know she's more likely to be a Brawler, but would she use projectile flowers? Crystal fists? Sports equipment? Would she be a semi-clone to Peach like Lucas is to Ness and Falco is to Fox? Or would she be a unique fighter in her Strikers outfit or some other costume?

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
So, um, do we know what fighter we want Daisy to be? I know she's more likely to be a Brawler, but would she use projectile flowers? Crystal fists? Sports equipment? Would she be a semi-clone to Peach like Lucas is to Ness and Falco is to Fox? Or would she be a unique fighter in her Strikers outfit or some other costume?
I personally would like to see Daisy mix up some brawling and sports stuff. I wouldn't want to give her pick up item projectiles because even though peach only has one it's something she's known for.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Lol I feel like the only one who wants Daisy to get in wearing her dress. Maybe I just love how elegant Peach's Smash dress is, so I'm envisioning Daisy wearing one too. But then again any outfit of hers would be awesome, especially her sports outfit or the striker outfit.

By the way, look at this HILARIOUS video of a guy, who wants Daisy in Smash! Love this video XD

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Lol I feel like the only one who wants Daisy to get in wearing her dress. Maybe I just love how elegant Peach's Smash dress is, so I'm envisioning Daisy wearing one too. But then again any outfit of hers would be awesome, especially her sports outfit or the striker outfit.

By the way, look at this HILARIOUS video of a guy, who wants Daisy in Smash! Love this video XD

I want both personally, with Sport Daisy as an alt like Shulk or ZSS.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Daisy is now the only character I've voted for twice. I also suggested that her shorts outfit be the default and her biker outfit as a alt.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05

I would want her in her dress if it wouldn't be almost impossible to tell her from Peach's Daisy skin while the game is going on. Plus I would hate her getting called a Peach clone for it

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
So fans of Daisy, if Daisy gets chosen what would her specials and attacks be like?

Surely you don't want them to be clones of Peach.

Top Bottom